[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dork Souls II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
I'm a cheap fag who didn't buy DSII when it came out. Now this game with Scholar of the First Sin is on sale on humble bundle for $20. Is it worth getting it?
>>
>>337511623
If you had autism or listen to the opinions of a certain matthew, no.

If you're a normal human being, sure.
>>
its a great game, get it
>>
>>337511623
its not as bad as the memes tell
>>
File: 1455153529495.jpg (42 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1455153529495.jpg
42 KB, 600x1067
>>337511791
its actually much worse
>>
>>337511623
It's worth $20. That's how much I paid for it.
>>
>>337511623
Is not a bad game, just the worst from the souls series, but still bretty good on its own. Get it.
>>
File: llz.png (5 KB, 298x249) Image search: [Google]
llz.png
5 KB, 298x249
>>337511623
Has way better level design than 1 or 3, if you ask me. I had to revisit every single area in Dark Souls 2 for a comb-over in order to find all the hidden little items, sometimes even finding new things upon 3rd or 4th visit.

DaS 1 lacked this because keeping the world inter-connected occupied the mappers' attention too much. DaS 3, meanwhile, gives me the impression that they spent more time creating the next-gen art within the levels than the gameplay.

2 is also the longest of the trilogy and thus having the most bosses, too. Scholar made the base game even better, on top of that, making enemy encounters very interesting.

That's my two cents. I have the most playtime in 2 of all the games. Personally, Soul Memory is superior to Soul Levels, too. SL based matchmaking is for the fight club turds who pretend these games are Soul Calibur and want to establish PvP-zones. Soul Memory, meanwhile, is healthier for the online portion, as it keeps players more connected via co-op and invasions across wider ranges.

So yeah, anyway, buy it.
>>
File: yoh yoh yoh.gif (9 KB, 126x131) Image search: [Google]
yoh yoh yoh.gif
9 KB, 126x131
>>337511687
idk who matthew is
>>337511726
>>337511791
>>337512090
3 for
>>337511903
1 against

Will probably get it and play with a friend who also wants it. You guys are alright.
>>
>>337512317
>Has way better level design than 1 or 3

Stop reading here, OP, that entire post is bait

20$ is alright I guess, keep in mind in DS2 they went for quantity > quality
>>
>>337511623
Absolutely, it's great. If you enjoyed 1 then you'll enjoy 2 at least as much, if not more.
>>
>>337512317
I agree with this post. Dark Souls 3's terrible level 80 meta is proving that Soul Memory was always far superior.
>>
I really liked 2. Tons of build variety. Bosses are mostly meh but a couple of good ones. Level design is probably the worst in the series but not nearly as bad as the autists and shitposters make it out to be.
>>
>>337513313
yes because why have one build when you can use everything! This is why I got bored of it. I admit I played ALOT of 2's pvp, but eventually got tired of everyone in havels, using magic/hexes/pyro/shield/avelyn/and whatever flavor of the week weapon.
>>
Only if you haven't played DaS1 recently or at all.
>>
>>337514240
Flavor of the week builds are a problem of equal magnitude across all the games. And you still have to pick your build in 2 just like any other game, because you can only have so much stuff equipped at once. You don't really have a valid point at all.
>>
>>337513002
>DS2 they went for quantity > quality
DS2 is better than DS1 in every possible way. It wins in quality and quantity by a huge margin.
>>
>>337514579
it's ok to have wrong opinions
>>
>>337515059
Whatever makes you feel better about liking 1 more, I guess. At least you know you're wrong.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.