[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was Sony thinking? If you're going to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: php15cvdg.jpg (228 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
php15cvdg.jpg
228 KB, 970x546
What the fuck was Sony thinking?

If you're going to make me install my game to the HDD, despite it being A PHYSICAL BLURAY DISC, then why the fuck package the console with a pathetically small 500gig?

No joke, I ran out of fucking space only 8 months after the console launched, and Ive had to juggle game installs ever since.

This is fucking retarded, and easily the worst aspect of the PS4 if we're not including the fact that the controller has a fucking useless flashlight attached, which you can't turn off, so it drains the battery, and reflects off the TV.

Fucking Christ
>>
welcome to 2013, bruh
>>
File: image.png (26 KB, 523x412) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 523x412
>>337502216
literally WHY would you need all those games installed?

do you A.D.D. fucks play like a thousand games at a time?

all you need is bloodborne installed, thats it
>>
File: consoles and games.png (2 MB, 1128x1050) Image search: [Google]
consoles and games.png
2 MB, 1128x1050
>>337502868
>do you A.D.D. fucks play like a thousand games at a time?

The irony here is, you would have to have some severe ADD if you get bored of a game after playing it once.

Some of us play what we feel like playing, instead of just playing the flavor of the month and moving on.
>>
>>337502868

>All those games

After being forced to install the games, and after mandatory 5-25gig day-1 updates, I ran out of space after just 6 or 7 games.
>>
>>337503065
keeping a few games you go back to frequently is fine, but I doubt you need 380GB for them

there should be a point where you think "I'm done with this one"

heck, most of the games I play often are typically the smaller ones even -- the 50GB movie games I just feel no motivation to play again
>>
>>337503582
>>337503065
...and of course, nothing stops you from re-installing in a few years if you feel like replaying it

didn't need to stay installed during all those years
>>
>>337502216
Sony's logic is "just pay us for another proprietary hard drive which only we can provide, to store the rest of your games."

Sonyfag's logic is "well you can just delete the ones you aren't playing and re-install them whenever you want."

Everyone else has just said Fuck Sony over the whole situation. How long until the PS4K is not compatible with PS4 HDD, and people need to buy new ones?
>>
File: bait.jpg (13 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
13 KB, 360x361
>>337504858
>ps4
>propietary hard drive
>>
>>337504858
>proprietary hard drive
you wot m8

you can put any hard drive in the PS4, it supports up to 4TB drives
>>
>>337502216
>have only a 254gig SSD in my computer
>everything is on external hard drive
>just puss games over when i want to play them with sweetass loading times.

Get a better hard drive. Even a retard can switch out a PS4 harddrive.
>>
>>337502216
just replace the internal hard drive, you can pick up a 2TB hard drive for less than the cost of a PS4 game
>>
>>337503729
Man I remember when I could only have a pool of 5-6 games and I had to wait 45 minutes to reinstall each one + download updates every time I felt like replaying it.

Oh wait no I don't because somehow things have gotten LESS fucking convenient than 20 years ago. What sort of massive cuck do you have to be to accept this sorry ass state of affairs?
>>
>>337505575
that was only because of consoles with no internet nor hard drive, you can bet it would've been the same if they had the option

PC was still mostly an update mess even in the 90s (at least on online games) -- and every new windows version been breaking things even on single player games
>>
>>337505873
..and of course always had you install everything

gotta use that sweet available hard drive
>>
>>337505575
You can play the game while it installs
>>
>>337504858
>proprietary hard drive
trying to mislead people?
>>
>>337506005
this

you don't even need to wait

and unless you're going online, you don't need patches either (unless there's some major issue that need patching)
>>
>>337506171
PS4 also lets you start game even if there's an update available

it just set it to download while you play
>>
>>337504858
How long until the PS4K is not compatible with PS4 HDD, and people need to buy new ones?
Give it a year.
>>
>>337502216
It's not like you can get terabytes for literally nothing or anything...
>>
>>337502868
>dlc and day one patches out the ass
>why do you run out of space
What do you think
Complete the fucking game instead of shipping it with 2 day one patches for fucks sake
>>
>>337505873
Original Xbox had a hard drive and online and it didn't have those issues.

>>337506005
>>337506171
>>337506270
It still just blows my mind that this is even a thing at all when my fucking Super Nintendo was more user friendly than these machines created almost two and a half decades ago.

>>337506808
This is another issue. 5-10 motherfucking gig day one patches are becoming industry standard these days because all these liberal art motherfuckers working in the game industry don't understand the concept of a deadline. Get your shit finished on time assholes.
>>
PS3 required game installs too fag.
>>
>>337507195
>old man yells at cloud.jpg
>>
>>337507195
The day 1 patches are so you can't play the games,when they shutdown the online portion of the console, forcing you to buy the new console.

It has nothing to do with "deadlines".
>>
PS4 and XBONE both launched the year flooding fucked over HDD producers. To save money they went with smaller sizes.
>>
>>337502216
How on earth did you manage to find enough games to fill up the PS4's HDD anyway? You guys have like 1 game, what gives?

Kidding of course, in all seriousness mandatory installs are fucking ridiculous. My brother can fit like 7 games on the Xbox One, it's completely nuts.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 231x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 231x260
>>337507408
You bet your fucking ass I'm mad.
>>
>>337504858
>Proprietary hard drive
>PS4

You wrote all that just make yourself look like an idiot
>>
>>337507423
>random baseless conspiracy theories
my favorite
>>
>>337504858
sorry the game you want to download is no longer supported. press OK to continue.
>>
>>337502216
>both digital and disc games still have the fan run like crazy.

I don't have this issue on Xbox. Also ps4 opting out of no external HDD is nuts.
>>
>>337502216
upgrade your own HDD, it's easy as fuck you retard
>>
If you complain about anything Sony.

Sorry, you're not a gamer
>>
>>337510152

It's funny because, despite being bait, Sonyggers would actually say something like that
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.