[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it deserve this? Even the controlled demos from Bethesda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: doom.png (198 KB, 325x451) Image search: [Google]
doom.png
198 KB, 325x451
Does it deserve this?

Even the controlled demos from Bethesda look kinda boring to me.
>>
>>337501608
>Does it deserve this?

Obviously people like it
>>
>>337501803
It was the same percentage before release aswell.
Also quite a few of the reviews are very suspicious.
>>
>>337501608
>steamshit
Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>337502013
BASED
GOG4LIFE
#WITCHER
#GOTYAY
>>
Best FPS campaign of the decade
And I'm only halfway through
>>
>>337503228
Why is it so good?
>>
>>337501608
You're asking this on the forum that is currently full of marketers

Like I think the game looks fine but that's just my opinion from looking at Streams. Regardless the obnoxious marketing blitz is really stupid and unnecessary. just this once i think the game could've very well spoken for itself
>>
>>337502001
>It was the same percentage before release aswell.

Really, cause if I recall correctly, the open beta received some pretty poor user review scores.
>>
>>337504162
No, on the 12th of May. The beta page has been deleted.
>>
File: doom_open_beta.jpg (438 KB, 949x830) Image search: [Google]
doom_open_beta.jpg
438 KB, 949x830
>>337504262
>>
>>337503305
Super tight gunplay, great level design, great graphics and animations and an engine that runs smooth as butter. There's easter eggs and secrets and powerups and the levels are fucking enormous. It feels like a pure videogame, not a game pretending to be a movie or super serious or making a statement. It's been designed with only fun in mind, and holy shit does it succeed.
>>
>>337504372
That's the Beta's page. They made a new one specifically because of the reviews.
>>
>>337504372
If you saw the pages on the 12th (released on the 13th) the reviews were >90%.
>>
>>337504984
I'm pretty sure you actually have to play a game to be able to rate it on Steam, so obviously there were some people who got to play it early.
>>
>>337505149
Yeah, that's what talking about. They could have been paid off.
>>
>>337504459
This sounds alot like someone would right in a paid review honestly. Lots of buzzwords.
>>
>>337505659
Yeah, I wouldn't trust this guy, OP.
>>
What's the point of guns if you run around and auto-kill everything?
>>
>>337501608
All of the negative reviews are
"What the fuck it's nothing like the Doom I played 20 years ago as a teen"
All the positive are
"It exceeded my expectations, must buy"
>>
>>337506440
You don't
Where did the auto kill meme come from?
>>
>>337505449
are you retarded? it used midnight may 12th local time instead of one unlock time for the whole planet. so people in other time zones got to play it early.
>>
>>337504984
>>337505149
>>337505449
It unlocks by timezones, Australia got to play it one day earlier basically, and the EU 12 hours early.

SP seems as good as it could have been for a game of this size. Not sure about the MP.
>>
File: rev.png (336 KB, 1405x847) Image search: [Google]
rev.png
336 KB, 1405x847
>>337507581
kek
>>
>>337508905
To be completely honest, the negative review there is clearly absolute bullshit. Down to "six enemies on screen maximum", "pointless zombies wander around doing nothing", "plays like a survival game because ammo is extremely limited" and "every level is kill X amount of enemies before proceeding", which are all blatantly false and some even completely fucking nonsensical.
>>
>>337508905
>6 enemies on screen maximum
Nope
>Soundtrack sucks
It is actually pretty fucking amazing
>Game forces melee kills
No it doesn't
>Plays like survival Horror because you need to conserve ammo
Ammo is really abundant, shits everywhere and it doesn't play like a survival horror at all
>Boss fights with health bars lol
How is this an issue
>Call of duty style upgrade system
Nothing like call of duty
>Horrible level design
Matter of opinion
>Kill X amount of enemies before proceeding
How else do you want it

Bullshit review
>>
>>337505659

Sounds like Doom to me. Just shooting shit and running around. Not really my thing, but I'm glad some people are enjoying it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.