[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ said DOOM was going to shit >/v/ said it'll bomb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (258 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258 KB, 900x948
>/v/ said DOOM was going to shit
>/v/ said it'll bomb on launch
>/v/ said game isn't old DOOM successor
>so far everyone is giving the game good reviews saying how fun and fast paced it is

Maybe, just maybe you guys have the worst fucking taste than any other forum board.

This game is fucking awesome
>>
>>337478784
>reviews
>>
>>337478784
Old Doom fans don't know what they want in a new Doom game anyway.
>>
>>337478784
>>so far everyone is giving the game good reviews

that's because only drones and underaged bought the game. everyone with a brain is waiting for the crack or won't be playing it at all
>>
>>337479194

This, nothing will top DOOM ever, it was the first fps I've ever played, I had never played anything like it, it left a huge mark on my brain.

This new game looks great, too bad my PC is shit.
>>
>>337478784
it looks like it might actually be a comercial failure.
atleast on pc.
>>
Everything I've seen of it makes it seem like a shooter better than most other shooters today but nothing special considering the franchise it is tied to.
Doesn't seem to really understand what made DOOM great.
>>
>>337478784
Being a shill is a banable offence. See you never again.
>>
Do you have brain damage? It has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with just being wrong about how the game would turn out. And frankly with the state of the industry it was a fairly safe call to make that we are happy to be wrong about.
>>
>>337479850
Because nobody buys games on PC. That is why developers and publishers outsource shitty ports and do not make triple A PC games that utilize newer hardware
>>
retards always drool over shiny new toy then abandon it a week later
>>
>>337481142

this
>>
Thats cool and all but...where is the torrent
>>
>>337478784
/v/ is full of gaming hipsters
>my obscure game is the best ever
>AAA titles are all casul trash

DOOM is ok, not nearly the same caliber as some other recent releases, but it's still a well made game.

>>337479498
>nothing will top DOOM ever
You realize if a game like similar in mechanics in original doom was released it would absolutely tank. Companies have learned that what people say they want and what they actually want can be completely different.

Games would go nowhere if developers didn't experiment new things. Nostalgia is cancerous.

Still, most can agree consoles have changed the dynamic of FPSs on computers for the worst.
>>
>>337478784
>Game has a free beta
>Everyone interested in the game plays the beta
>Game comes out
>Anyone who didn't like the beta doesn't buy it, people who do like it buy it
>Only people who like the game buy the game and can review it

I don't know how good it is myself since I haven't played the beta or the release game at all, but you're retarded for not realizing this.
>>
>29K peak players
>Not a bomb
>>
>>337482278
Well, where are the new things in this one? I doubt anyone seriously wanted it to be exact copy of 320x200 DOS game anyway.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.