[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Space marines with power armor aka Starcraft Marines >Psychic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: similarities.jpg (24 KB, 475x236) Image search: [Google]
similarities.jpg
24 KB, 475x236
>Space marines with power armor aka Starcraft Marines
>Psychic energy aka PSI powers aka Fade Magic
>Psychic humans aka High Templars aka Apostates
>Emperor worshiping marines aka Zealots
>The Warp aka Twisting Nether aka The Fade
>Chaos daemons aka Burning Legion aka Reapers
>Rogue AI aka Geth
>Orks aka Orcish horde
>Tyranids aka Zerg
>Elder Race propagating sentient life aka Xel'naga
Human come from Terra aka Terrans

Can Blizzard and Bioware think of their own ideas instead of copying and profiteering off of Warhammer so blatantly?
>>
>>337477395
Nope. And they're going to keep getting away with it.
>>
>>337477395

Shit thread. As if half of these aren't common fiction themes/tropes that were alive years before any IP you mentioned. 0/10 apply yourself
>>
>>337477395
No
>>
>psychic humans becoming easy targets for daemons through the Warp aka same idea with the Apostates and the Fade
>the Warp being the source of all 'magic' aka Twisting Nether aka Fade
>Ships getting lost in Warp space aka the Draenei race getting lost in the Twisting Nether in BC

JUST
>>
>>337477650

You actually think that Blizzard didn't rip off Warhammer?

Keep dreaming
>>
File: action figures.jpg (99 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
action figures.jpg
99 KB, 800x600
>>337478678
>You actually think that Blizzard didn't rip off Warhammer?
fucking warhammer fags, KEK when will they learn.

Blizzard based their warcraft series on the tolkien universe namely the books Lord of the Rings and their starcraft series on heinleins starship troopers novel.

nobody gives a fuck about your action figure tabletop childrens game.
>>
>>337478884
Actually that's not what I said. Blizzard plainly uses elements of GW IPs. But claiming Games Workshop is worthy of defense as if those ideas were original to them is just hilarious.

Thread is still 0/10
>>
ok. warhammer is basically

tolkien
dune
starship troopers

blizz and bioware are still shit tho
>>
>>337478884
wh being inspired by tolkien, dune and stroopers doesnt mean blizz and bioware didnt copy GW.
If you look at OP's post you'll see EXACT copy-pasting like the Warp/Fade/Twisting Nether, which PROVES they did.
>>
>>337478884

>no proof just baseless insults

Ok
>>
>>337478884
as well as these
>psychic humans becoming easy targets for daemons through the Warp aka same idea with the Apostates and the Fade
>the Warp being the source of all 'magic' aka Twisting Nether aka Fade
>Ships getting lost in Warp space aka the Draenei race getting lost in the Twisting Nether in BC
>>
i wanna start warhammer 40k series. recently reading dune. i wanna feel space religion fanatism.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.