[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As you all know, most single player games have become mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: uncharted whore.png (772 KB, 1080x712) Image search: [Google]
uncharted whore.png
772 KB, 1080x712
As you all know, most single player games have become mostly movies, every 5 minutes there is a cutscene, the gameplay has become limited.
v/ who should be blamed for this? Who started the cutscene generation?
David Cage? Kojima? Naughty Dog?
You decide.

Also do you think it will get worst?
Or will VR bring back actual gameplay in 10 years?
>>
>>337461035

One of the Xeno-whatever games probably.
>>
>>337461035
>who should be blamed for this?
the ones who actually allow it to happen
the consumers
>>
>>337461035

Kojima's games are infamous for the sheer level of cutscenes, but there's still a good game underneath.

Uncharted was designed as a playable action film.
>>
>>337461035
>most single player games
You mean most AAA single-player games.
>>
>>337461035
Uncharted isn't a representative of the fucking industry mayne. And we've had gigantic cutscenes for a long time, I mean fuck, remember the two hour cutscene in MGS faggot?
>>
>>337461035
I wouldnt even mind ctuscenes THAT much since stories in these are usually passable if the actual gameplay was good

Alas its hot garbage
>>
>>337461035

Probably Kojima, MGS1 is pretty much the classic "cinematic" game. Very cutscene heavy. But it's still a video game, it isn't full of scripted sequences/setpieces disguised as gameplay like Uncharted.
>>
Witcher 3 has lots of cutscenes too and the gameplay isnt that great
>>
>>337461035
I don't know.
Back then, cutscene were used to introduce a character, a level or a boss.
Now it's like the whole game was a cut-scene, and then, sometimes, you can actually do something while it follows the director narrative vision...

No wonder why games like Souls have been a blast for the two last generations.
>>
Wagecucks are to blame.
They're too tired after slaving for their jew boss to be able to enjoy anything other than mindless tv watching but now that vidya is mainstream that same mentality has extended to the way modern games are designed.
>>
>>337461035
He din't end up with Morrigan ?
>>
4 hours of cutscenes? That's crazy.
How many hours of actual gameplay approximately?
Memers don't need to reply.
>>
File: objection_by_phoenix_is_wright.png (20 KB, 448x313) Image search: [Google]
objection_by_phoenix_is_wright.png
20 KB, 448x313
>>337461475
Stop!
Metal Gear Solid had many cutscenes but it also had many great gameplay.
>>
The problem with Uncharted and other story driven games aren't cut-scenes or writting.
It's the fact that the little they let you play totally sucks.

Finding useless collectibles, pushing blocks, those "boost me up"/ladders sequences, looking at things... On a gameplay standpoint, that is juts pitiful.
>>
>>337461698

witcher 3 has about ten times more game too
>>
>>337461774
this
>>
File: my nigha.png (397 KB, 994x866) Image search: [Google]
my nigha.png
397 KB, 994x866
for comparison
>>
>>337463026
>>337461698
Witcher 3 is mainstream console trash and part of the problem. Only CDprojekt shills defend it here.
>>
>>337463026
it's much longer sure, but when it comes to gameplay it's even shittier
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (187 KB, 1168x492) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
187 KB, 1168x492
minus 4 hours of cutscenes

haha oh wow
>>
>>337461035
>Dark Souls 3 came out recently
>is the antithesis of games like this
Just depends what games you play, hell even MGSV wasn't very cutscene heavy to the point it maybe needed some more
>>
>>337463179

nah
>>
>>337461318
This is the thing that annoys me the most.
The uncharted games have cutscenes like any other, yet has somehow been designated the movie game, despite giving you control during most of the things that would be complete cutscenes in other games, moreso in U4 because unlike the other games the cutscenes are realtime so it can go straight from a cutscene into gameplay.
>>
>>337463271

wow i get to walk slowly while people talk this gameplay is so good
>>
>>337461035
>As you all know, most single player games have become mostly movies
On console maybe.
>>
>>337463265
Yeah it is, at least a shitty third person shooter requires some minimal aiming skill and positioning, Witcher gameplay is basically glorified QTEs
>>
>>337463657

nah
>>
>>337463460
I'm talking about things like the collapsing apartments, the sinking ship, the exploding plane, the burning manor, the train.
All these bits that would be pure cutscenes in other games are all playable in uncharted, having a shootout while a plane is exploding or a building is falling down is fucking great and cool as shit to boot.
>>
>>337463723

Those aren't cutscenes.
>>
>>337462919
Also to add MGS isn't your typical story and the cutscenes aren't generic. Shit is always happening and it uses the medium well, unlike tlou and uncharted that try so hard to be like a normal movie.
>>
>>337462919
MGS fans might be one of the most obnoxious and autistic fanbase in existence, right after MLP and JJBA. Kill yourself
>>
>>337463797
Which is my point...
You get to play while that shit is happening, while in other games an exploding plane would just be an exploding plane cutscene.
>>
>>337463907

Escaping before time runs out while shit blows up around you is a staple of video games and was a long time before Uncharted existed.
>>
>>337463907
underage pls
>>
>>337461035
>you will never know the feeling of cumming inside elena

Time to end it all lads
>>
>>337463195
>$60 for 10 hours of gameplay
Disgusting.
>>
>>337461035
hollywood

they will try to force vr movies anon
>>
>>337461035
How old is Elena?
Isn't Nate like 40 in Uncarted 4?
>>
>>337463170
>Only true Scotsmen like the games I like
cool buzzwords tho, memerino.
>>
Half-Life.
Don't pretend that just because you can move around while they talk that HL2 wasn't EXPOSITION AND CINEMATIC SETPIECES THE GAME
>>
>>337466621

It was also released in a time where that was actually novel and interesting and they didn't shit it up by doing the same game over and over again.
>>
>>337461035
>v/ who should be blamed for this? Who started the cutscene generation?

Half-Life 2, obviously
>>
>>337461318
Even marketed as such by the time Uncharted 2 came out. I actually enjoy Uncharted 2, but 1 and 3 fell short in my books.

https://youtu.be/H0q3qcLkw1A
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.