[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prolonged or Realistic Kills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: ghouldluc[1].jpg (20 KB, 350x303) Image search: [Google]
ghouldluc[1].jpg
20 KB, 350x303
So are there games you can suggest that have "prolonged kills"? By this, I mean if I shoot someone in the gut or something, they dont just fall over and die. The character should squirm around in pain, etc. You rarely see this in games and Im looking to see whats out there. Or even if the person just tries to crawl away etc. No more canned death animations if I shoot you in the darn foot!!!!

I will post some examples.
>>
GTA 4 had this, not enough games have that mechanic.
>>
File: soldier-of-fortune[1].jpg (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
soldier-of-fortune[1].jpg
104 KB, 1024x768
so this Pic (and the OP) is from Soldier of Fortune (1 and 2).
You could disarm enemies (shoot their hands etc) and they would kneel execution style, begging to be let go.
>>
Hitman: Blood Money lets you gut shoot people. They fall to the ground and rock around for about 7 seconds before they die
>>
>>337452460
>
any kind of pain mechanic would be good, it feels so stupid to shoot someone and they carry on as if EVERYTHINGS FINE HE JUST CLICKED A SHOTGUN ON ME
>>
File: Hatred13[1].jpg (830 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hatred13[1].jpg
830 KB, 1920x1080
Postal Redux is coming out in a week or so and the trailers have shown executing enemies who are wounded on the ground
>>
>>337452821
both postal 1 and 2 had that
in postal 2 you could cut peoples legs off and they would crawl away and shit like that
>>
>>337452821
Is postal redux going to be an fps or an isometric like the original?
>>
The CoD series, going back to the ORIGINAL, at least had an enemy on the ground firing his pistol a couple times before he died.

But again, it was canned and they would die within 3 seconds of waiting.
>>
>>337452963
Apocalypse Weekend had that, in vanilla Postal 2 you could only destroy the heads.
>>
>>337453103
you could be right
i played vanila postal 2 a long time ago
>>
>>337452460
red orchestra 2.

maybe the first too, I can't remember.
>>
>>337453039
isometric. will be on steam in 1 week. looks to be a HD remake rather than original take
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.