[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck is this game supposed to be so damn complicated and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (484 KB, 1501x864) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
484 KB, 1501x864
Holy fuck is this game supposed to be so damn complicated and awkward to play?

I've just started it and while I'm only around an hour in (Still in the tutorial I think), I'm really not having much fun. The game seems to bombard you with information all the fucking time with "Do this" and "Do that" when you're already having a hard enough time just getting to grips with jumping and grinding and shooting and changing weapons and making sure you're not randomly straying off in the wrong direction and all sorts of other shit. Everything just seems really messy and awkward to do.
>>
Nah it's fun as hell
>>
>>337447896
Really? I haven't had much fun yet. I'm gonna persist with since I need something to play until Overwatch (And it was free, so it's not like I've lost anything), but if I don't get used to these fucking controls in a couple of hours I'm probably never going to.
>>
How are you having a hard time with anything in this game it's easy as shit
>>
>>337447714
>So
>complicated
the new generation of """""""""""""""gamers""""""""""""""""", neo/v/. nothing else to expect from people who are thrilled by "press X to kill last boss" cinematic experience, we hit no return point there.
>>
>>337447714
It is awkward to play, but it's still easy OP.

I'm still annoyed that I can't change the clothing colours or find any good shoes.
>>
>>337448083
Just the controls mainly. Everything feels like a chore and the game basically forces you to do all this grinding and jumping stuff since if you spend any amount of time on the ground you get completely swarmed by mobs of enemies.

It feels needlessly complex. That's the only way I can describe it right now.
>>
For some reason they locked multiple incredibly important movement abilities a few hours into the game. Once you get them the game gets way better since you can just combo forever
>>
>>337448524
>Multiple incredibly important movement abilities

Such as?
>>
>>337447714
I think it's pretty fun, one of those games I can always go back to.
>>
>>337449639

An Air Dash if I remember rightly. Just play more and the controls should click into place. It gets really easy to link shit together and just have fun with traversal.
>>
The game requires Tony Hawk style thinking where everything flows together. You will get it eventually.
>>
SSO is probably the most fun exclusive I've played all gen, and I own all the consoles. I wish it did better so we'd get a better chance at a sequel.
>>
>>337449639
slams, air dashes, speed boosts and stuff

It's really a game that gets a lot funner as you play

Shame the game is relatively short though, it's not really worth doing any of the side missions because they are all garbage

The combat and traversal was incredible
>>
>>337454581
>slams, air dashes, speed boosts and stuff
Why the fuck would they start you off with all clunky shit and not things that would actually be useful? A friend of mine won a competition where he got an Xbox One for a weekend and this is one of the games that came with it. After playing for a few hours, we were just totally bored with it. The humour just felt childish and the movement at that point just felt awkward and clunky. It might've got more fun if we'd continued, but we were too bored to go any further.
Sure, you don't want to blow all the cool stuff right away, there has to be a sense of progression, but it has to start off fun enough as well.
>>
>>337448068
How did you get it for free?
>>
Easy does not mean simple.

TWEWY was easy too.
>>
>>337455828
It's one of the months games with gold, senpai.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.