[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fight a boss >get him to 0 hp >the boss "survived"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
>fight a boss
>get him to 0 hp
>the boss "survived" the mortal blow
>heals to half of its full health
>get him low again
>casts regen, an ability it doesn't even supposed to have according to the bestiary entry
This is some foul play right there, game.
>>
>>337436016
I don't remember a fight like that
>>
>>337436347
The golem boss. You fight it on a quest you get from the pub.
The worst part of all - I couldn't get his yellow item drop. I only managed to bind its arms once during the whole fight.
>>
>>337436016
You should be able to outdamage Golem's regen by the time you fight him, i.e. post-game.
>>
>>337436016
Golem and other bosses like that are extra challanges you can't beat at the time the quest pop out.
Though there's a way to kill it easy if you're lucky as I was.

>A weapon of mine has chance to insta-death
>Golem isn't immune to it
>It procs
>Golem dies in two turns
>>
>>337437102
>by the time you fight him, i.e. post-game.
I killed him on lvl 39, I'm only at the end of the third stratum. Although I'm not playing on Expert.
>>
Also, how am I supposed to make a flower bloom or something?
I've already left the second stratum where I'm supposed to complete this quest, and I even almost finished the next stratum, but this quest is still bothering me.
>>
>>337438660
gamefaqs
>>
>>337439518
But I don't wanna.
>>
>>337440923
Then go back and talk to the NPCs in the bar. The game hardly ever throws quests at you and says "there, go find the one single tile you need to stand on" without giving you hints.
>>
>>337437469
>not playing on Expert
>not playing on the real difficulty
>>
>>337442359
I probably should've, because all the main story bosses have been pretty easy so far. But I don't think you can switch difficulty mid-game, or can you?
>>
File: 1461251911730.jpg (8 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
1461251911730.jpg
8 KB, 220x276
I'm playing the first DS game and I just got to the third stratum.
Is this where the weird shit starts happening
>>
>>337442839
>weird shit
Such as?
>>
>>337443020
unnatural environment, much creepier monsters like those worms and frogs, soldiers fucking off because they are scared.
>>
>>337443107
It just looks like coral reef, it's not actually underwater. I personally don't really like the neon blue coloring or the music of this stratum. As for the enemies, I'm used to random weird looking monsters in JRPGs, so I pay them no mind.
>>
File: 1400707745560.png (454 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1400707745560.png
454 KB, 414x499
>>337443252
>That third stratum remix in Untold
>>
Tank and electric dragon were both harder than the golem, bro.
>>
>>337443542
>Untold
That's what I'm playing. Not a fan of this track honestly. It's as unpleasant to my ears as the bright blue visuals are to my eyes.
Well, I guess they are in some sort of harmony with each other.
>>337443635
>electric dragon
That one whose egg you snatch? I tried fighting it and it did like 8000 damage in one hit. It's quite obviously stronger than the golem. Haven't seen any tanks yet.
>>
Goddamit, I should start Untold already. I'm playing Bravely Default now and, to be honest, I don't like it.
How's the story in Untold?
>>
>>337444379
I played both and enjoyed Default a lot more.

The story in Untold is OK. Maybe slightly better than in Default.
>>
>>337442839
If you're play on Classic mode and find the third stratum weird, you're in for a fun surprise.
>>
There is too many unnecessary text in BD, if you know what I mean. It feels like... they could remove 50% of the text and nothing important would be lost. Add that awful voice acting and it's no wonder the game is over 3 GB.
Job system is great, as always (from Square).

>>337444474
>The story in Untold is OK.
Good to know. Thanks.

Should I start on the highest diff? It's been a while since my last EO playthrough, so you can say I'm a little rusty.
>>
>>337444379
>>337444474
>not liking BD, the JRPG messiah
>thinking a dungeon crawler has a better story
There's no salvation for you.
>>
>>337444379

If you don't like Default at first (the first 3 chapters) I assure you it does not get significantly better. Bravely Second was actually pretty good all the way through but for most people that's just too late. Shame, both are definitely on my top 3ds games
>>
>>337444823
Bravely Default just proved to me that breaking games isnt even fun if the story and characters suck. How is that even possible?
>>
>>337444779
>Should I start on the highest diff?
It's worthwhile to do multiple playthroughs so maybe go Easy for your first play.
>>
File: Treefrog.png (3 KB, 63x59) Image search: [Google]
Treefrog.png
3 KB, 63x59
>>337444721
I'm playing EO1 on the DS.

>>337443252
these fuckers are creepy, man.
>>
>>337445017
You know what else pisses me off? You might find this funny, but... I have this feeling that the stronger enemies are just not worthy (fighting for EXP, that is). I mean, those fucking carrot-looking enemies in Florem Garden give me better EXP (~400) and JP (and they die in 1 turn) than enemies near the fire shrine. WTF?
>>
>>337445017
>Bravely Second was actually pretty good
>reduced the established characters to walking one-liners
>new characters are anime cliches
>anime food jokes
>story that is in direct conflict with the original game
>reused content everywhere
>unresolved plot lines from the first game forgotten or botched
>anime food jokes
>>
>>337445421
BD exp works by the number of enemies not their level/strength.
Except bosses and mini-bosses. They give a shitload.
>>
>>337445421
>I mean, those fucking carrot-looking enemies in Florem Garden give me better EXP
That was THE grinding spot in the first game. And one of the characters in the sequel even makes a reference to it.
>>
>>337444379
Etrian Odyssey is not really a game that you play for the story, but if you absolutely have to have a story then Untold 2 is a lot better.
>>
>>337442584
You should be able to, check Options menu during game.
>>
File: farcryprimal.jpg (17 KB, 381x286) Image search: [Google]
farcryprimal.jpg
17 KB, 381x286
>>337436016

>whining about difficulty in an eo

you do know what you signed up for right?
>>
>>337442839

why actually yes

it's not just a dungeon, you are invading an entire race of indigenous people's home, and then you proceed to slaughter them

just wait until you get to stratum 4
>>
>>337447934
not reading the spoiler
>>
>>337437469
>I'm not playing on Expert.
Might as well play a VN then.
>>
>>337447806
Not OP, but 99.99% of things in games that make them worse or out right terrible are things that make the game harder, so it's retarded to justify bullshit in games with "Git gud you shouldn't complain about difficulty".
>>
>>337447806
I've actually pretty much breezed through the game up until that quest. Which people in this thread are saying is apparently post-game content.
>>
>>337447806
I don't know if this is the kind I want.
>Get to whale in EO3
>Easy peasy it to red health
>Sleeps all my guys and then follows it up with all target attack, wiping the entire group
>>
>>337451430
Bosses in EO (well, in a majority of jrpgs really) are gimmicky, which is good, i don't think they'd be interesting just being huge damage sponges with stronger attacks.
That said, Ketos kind of warns you about that shit on first turns, he uses that attack but it most probably misses everyone or just hits one-two targets. Sleep, however, reduces evade to zero. It's okay to die to a boss first time actually, i always teleport back to town after reaching boss room, save, rush in and see what surprises are coming my way, then form a strategy.
You either need to have Prevent Order up or equipment with sleep resist for him to fuck your shit up when he tries to sleep+dive near death
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.