[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they do it, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
How did Nintendo manage to make one of the freshest shooting game experiences in the last 8 years by combining marine biology and paintball while a (second) remake of one of the most influential and violent shooters of all time that has you blasting demons straight outta hell turns out to be flaming hot trash?
>>
>>337432590
Barney shit, grow up, fag. I bet you like mlp, too.
>>
>still no playable
>>
It's because a fresh new batch of faces were making the game.

and miyamoto was there, on the sidelines, waiting for them to fuck up. wanting to put mario in it.
>>
>>337432590
By actually letting young and fresh developers give it their all without supervision, Miyamoto was only involved in guidance by didn't intervine.
>>
>>337432681

D44Mcucks on suicide watch
>>
>>337432590

>Its another Doom hate thread in disguise

Cmon
>>
>>337432590
effort
>>
All this game had going for it was the fact that it was something new. That's it. It was something that hadn't been done before so it got a lot of attention. However, after the novelty of using paint and paint accessories wears off you are left with the realization that it's a mediocre game.
>>
>>337432590
They wanted to get their cut of shooter money but still appeal to kids. They succeeded but that game has a severe lack of content. You can unlock everything (except amiibo shit) within a day or two.
>>
File: david.jpg (340 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
340 KB, 1280x854
>Child's game with somewhat new mechanic
>Game aimed at HARDCORRE GAYMERRRRSS that is a bad excuse for a remake of a classic FPS, only put into the modern FPS mold

gee i wonder
>>
>>337433057
Why are you playing an online shooter for the shit you unlock in single-player mode?
>>
Let's see which one sells more first.
>>
>>337433005
>All this game had going for it was the fact that it was something new.

That and it's genuinely fun

>>337433057

>You can unlock everything (except amiibo shit) within a day or two.

Not necessarily a bad thing. The game is easy to just pop in and play either single or multiplayer when you have thirty minutes to spare. In that respect, it's like almost any other shooter that racks up tons of dollars, except that it has a unique play style and isn't just another just another copy paste CoD/Battlefield. It also has the bonus of having a fairly drawn out period of updates and a good amount of character customization. It's only real drawback is the lack of chat functions that handicap the competitive community formed around it. That and probably not enough focus on the single player mode. But these will probably be fixed in Spla2oon, especially if it comes out on NX.
>>
>>337433326
If the game's main selling point is online play then that should tell you it's shit.
>>
>>337433341

Like it matters

>>337433495

Only if you're too self-conscious to find any enjoyment in playing with other people
>>
>>337433495
that might be the most retarded thing I've ever heard
>>
>>337433326
You unlock weapons as you level up in online battles. You unlock the little the game has to offer in no time.
>>
>>337433750

so what?
>>
>How did Nintendo, a company dedicated entirely to making great games, make a great game?
People actually ask this question today.
>>
>>337434187

i think it's more this >>337433197 was a bit of a surprise
>>
This is legitimately one of the funnest games i've played in a really long time. Lack of voice chat sucks but it's still so satisfying to play

>Splatoon
>Rocket League
>Overwatch

What the actual fuck is going on? Fresh and fun multi player games are actually being made.
>>
>>337432736
The original game was shit and if Miyamoto hadn't made some comments it would of bombed. Guidance from someone experianced means a lot for newbies without a visioin.
>>
>>337435946

Yeah, I think the Miyamoto hate has caused people to forget that the guy does actually know a lot about making games
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.