[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like Chrono Trigger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
Why do people like Chrono Trigger?
>>
>>337428619
Cross is better.
>>
it is good
>>
>>337428619

cuz it's fun, now go away
>>
>>337428619
Why should people not like it?

And why does the new Shantae style look like the Disgaea style.
>>
>>337429146
not true, played both, Trigger is still the better game.
>>
>>337428619
Isn't flea a dude?
>>
The presentation is great and the gameplay holds up as pretty solid.

It's not the best RPG on the SNES, but it's certainly one of the more attractive ones.
>>
>>337429146
Cross is the third worst Squaresoft JRPG (the second worst being FFX and the actual worst being FFVIII)
>>
>>337429146
kek
>>
>>337429385
It's just Bulma with redhair who claims to be a guy.
>>
>>337429385
I'm pretty sure he is in the NA translation, but he still has tittays regardless.
>>
It had multiple endings, good amount of characters to use, team attacks, and battle formations were better than the standard everybody in a line shit. There was also no battle transition screen, you just fight where you are. These were all pretty cool at the time. Combat was too slow though, even if you increase the speed it's still a chore when you're grinding for techs.
>>
File: 1446170624153.jpg (528 KB, 1059x905) Image search: [Google]
1446170624153.jpg
528 KB, 1059x905
Because it was Squaresoft making a Dragon Quest game. In other words, something better than their usual games.
>>
>>337428619
The first real game with a shitload of endings. What you do in the past affects the future and also effected the ending you could get. It had so many endings. All that was mindblowing at the time because no other game did this.

It's a blend of sci-fi and fantasy. The two main fiction genres that nerds love. That game was revolutionary. It hit all the right buttons to get nerds and it did turn based rpg right.

I would say Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest rpgs of all time.
>>
>>337428619
It's fun, and has battle system that's familiar, but still something of a departure from what Square primarily used at the time.
>>
>>337429498
>Hurt durr please disregard everything i have to say this game is shit and that game is shit so do you believe me now that this game is shit?
>>
>>337429385
Flea is both.
>>
>>337429146

A pile of shit is better than Cross
>>
>>337428619
Because it's a damn good game that was ahead of its time. It's just not the flawless masterpiece it's made out to be by the hardcore fanbase.
>>
>>337429560
implies padding/magic/who fucking cares you'd still fuck/be fucked by it
>>
Short and easy to get into.

Basically, entry-level JRPG.
>>
>>337430251
>>
>>337428619
They're anime autists. They don't so much as watch fucking movies, let alone read books, so they think the story is super deep and creative.

Also, JRPG's are not video games. They are VN's with grinding put on top. If JRPG's are video games than incremental time wasters like Cow Clicker and Adventure Capitalist are video games, too.
>>
>>337429682

>grinding in Chrono Trigger

SPOTTED THE SHITTER
>>
>>337430687

nah it's just a time travel story that doesn't bury itself in it's own pretention. So less The Butterfly Effect and more Back To The Future.
>>
We can never have a Trigger thread without people shitposting about Cross.
>>
>>337429967
>Dragon Quest
>good
>>
>>337430892

YOU MEAN FANS OF CHRONO TRIGGER DON'T LIKE CROSS? WELL COLOR ME BLACKED!

Seriously fuck Cross.
>>
>>337430892
Cross is bad anon
>>
>>337430687
>Chrono Trigger
>grinding

u wot
>>
>>337430892

the only thing better in Cross over Trigger was the OST and even THAT is debatable.
>>
>>337431021
>>337431074
>>337431340
I agree with all of this, I just want to have a comfy trigger thread without having to argue about Cross time and time again.

>heh time
>>
>>337430969

>your post
>good
>>
File: image.png (253 KB, 704x432) Image search: [Google]
image.png
253 KB, 704x432
Cross atmosphere was dark and oppressing, the story was weird but really insteresting, the music is magical, it's actually amazing how the characters' is based on a algorithm that say basically the same in a cutscene but according their personality and way to talk, the combat is really good, grinding levels is not necessary but for item and material drop also the art style which is inspired on Van Gogh paints
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.