[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saving Shekels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: nintendo-64-controller-for-pc.jpg (79 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-64-controller-for-pc.jpg
79 KB, 600x506
So, /v/, what is the most cost-efficient way to play video games? I'm starting to think Nintendo + PC is the best way to go.
>>
>>337423185
Piracy.
>>
You can just watch them now.
>>
Yeah signing petitions for Playstation games to get ported will save you a lot of money
>>
>>337423340
It's great isn't?
>>
File: 1459975801343.jpg (36 KB, 500x798) Image search: [Google]
1459975801343.jpg
36 KB, 500x798
>>337423340

So Nintendo + PC then?
>>
File: 1462820035609.png (58 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1462820035609.png
58 KB, 680x680
>>337423185
PC+PS4. Most of Xbox's exclusives are getting ports to the PC and Wii U is about 2-3 yrs away from being completely emulated. Each update they do somehow makes their system easier to hack
>>
>>337423185
This image makes me think
Which is harder to run a PS2 emulator or a GameCube emulator?
>>
>>337423705

Give back the geimu
>>
If you are a buyfag, for PC the best thing to do is the year gap. Only buy new releases if they are for sure good (and you HAVE to have it right now) and are multiplayer.

Otherwise wait 6mo-1year for the goty edition to come out then wait for it to be on sale for <$10. PC has so many games already in that price range that you will have plenty to play.

Unless you're one of those faggots who thinks old games are automatically bad.
>>
>>337423705
GIVE ME BACK THE VIDYA
I HAVE A GUN
>>
>>337423705
>A video game. I'LL STEAL IT
>>
>>337423609
Give me my games back or I'll break your thumbs with a hammer.
>>
>>337423185
Nintendo is literally the most expensive way to enjoy games
>>
>>337423609

No offense, but this kinda feels like a better argument for the "PC/Wii U masterrace" people. The Wii U still hasn't been perfectly emulated, while there are plenty of PC ports of some of the best PS4/X-box 1 games are available. There's also the fact that with decent PC, a Wii U and/or a regular Wii and a 3DS, you pretty much have access to the game libraries of practically every system ever made.
>>
>>337424237

not really
>>
>>337424060
>No one will EVER know!
>>
>>337424471
The reason I said that is that out of the 3 maining competitors on the console market, PS4 is the only one that doesn't have their main exclusives ported to the pc (SFV being the main outlayer). Xbox has started shipping some of their major titles to pc (forza and KI being the stand outs) and while a Halo port is never possible, there is a decent varity, or at least will be in the future. A nintendo console, personally, feels more like a dead weight cost. They will be more than likely emulated within the next 5 yrs, just as the SNES, GC, Gameboy, GBA, DS, 3DS, and Wii. Not saying that there isn't merit to owning the console, but i just think its more of a waste that the others in the long run
>>
>>337423885
>>337424002
>>337424060
I will consider giving them back
In exchange for info on which emulator is easier to run!
>>
File: file.png (103 KB, 296x200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
103 KB, 296x200
>>337423480
>>337423185
>Nintendo + PC
>the two most neglected/abused platforms

PC at least has broken ports and ports of ancient Vita games no one cares about. Nintendo has nothing else.
>>
>>337423185
Buy no consoles and emulate old games on whatever computer you have. Get a usb controller for a ps2 controller or whatever your favourite controller is. Consider softmodding a wii or ps2 if your computer can't emulate them. Don't bother with "new" games.

If you want a handheld, get a psp with custom firmware. If you want to "splurge" you can get a 3ds with custom firmware. Buy a flashcart for your 3ds to play DS games on (cfw lets you install 3ds games).
>>
>>337426346
>usb controller
usb adapter
>>
File: 1460759885374.png (112 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1460759885374.png
112 KB, 540x540
>>337425834

I feel like there are at least three factors to consider.

1. The game system must be able to have a unique life after its initial run via a modding/hacking community and should be backwards compatible or at least easily capable of playing older games and bootleg games in the cheapest way possible

2. The exclusive library should be big enough during the time in which emulation is still not perfected to warrant a purchase

3. The system should offer a more unique console gaming experience & feel that can't be easily replicated with computers or phone without losing something of the original feel.

Wii, Wii U and 3DS feel like they might win out here. Currently I own a 3DS, a regular Wii, a working Super Nintendo, a barely working Sega Saturn and a cheap 500 dollar laptop from Walmart and a droid smartphone with a Moga game controller, while my family owns both a PS3 & PS4. I currently play more games on the 3DS, Wii and Laptop than I do on either of the Sony consoles in the house because my laptop is at least strong enough to emulate most older systems and most older PC games, my Wii gives me access to Wii titles with a style of play unique to the Wii remote and can play all the Gamecube titles, my 3DS gives me access to the complete DS and 3DS game library and whatever looks good to me on the e-shop. My phone also can handle PS1, SNES, Saturn, Genesis, arcade etc. With the PS4 and PS3, I only have needed them to play titles that my laptop just can't handle the PC versions of and or the handful of exclusives I can't get on PC.

If I didn't have any consoles or a PC at the moment but I had 1500 dollars, the smarter decision to me unless I'm mistaken would seem to buy a Wii U bundle with one extra exclusive, a 3DS and as good of a gaming PC as you can get for 1k with some controller adapters for classic console controllers, rather than using that 1500 to buy an X-Box One, a PS4 & a Wii U with three exclusive games each for example
>>
PC
CFW PSP (Optional because PPSSPP is so good now)
Softmodded 3DS

Wii U probably beats other consoles because of softmodding.
>>
>>337426073

zsnes
>>
File: turn.gif (855 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
turn.gif
855 KB, 500x281
>>337425834
>Xbox has started shipping some of their major titles to pc (forza and KI being the stand outs) and while a Halo port is never possible, there is a decent varity, or at least will be in the future.

I hope you realize that all those MS PC ports are happening due to stockholder pressure, and MS is doing everything within their power to mitigate Windows and glorify Xbox. They literally do not care about PC in the slightest, otherwise Gears wouldn't be completely broken, otherwise Forza wouldn't be a vastly inferior F2P version while the Xbox has the definitive version, otherwise Killer Instinct wouldn't be a 3 year port that is identical to the Xbox version. And let's not forget about the controversy surrounding the Windows Store and Universal Apps. Microsoft wants to convince their stock holders that PC is hopeless, and that the Xbox is their last leg.
>>
>>337423705
Dolphin runs better than PCSX2 in my experience.
>>
get a wii, ps2, and a original xbox and softmod them.

You now have more games than you'll ever play in your life.
>>
File: sadness in the rain.gif (490 KB, 490x270) Image search: [Google]
sadness in the rain.gif
490 KB, 490x270
>>337428047
>3. The system should offer a more unique console gaming experience & feel that can't be easily replicated with computers or phone without losing something of the original feel.

I'm currently getting mouthfucked by emulating The World Ends With You, so I agree with this point
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.