[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modded or vanilla?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: System-Shock-2.jpg (338 KB, 1600x1045) Image search: [Google]
System-Shock-2.jpg
338 KB, 1600x1045
Modded or vanilla?
>>
>>337417383
i dont know what it is but shodan gets my dick rock hard

god i love the way she talks
>>
>>337417473
>>
>>337417717
>>
>>337417383

Modded.

Unless you enjoy the game simply not working on a modern computer?
>>
>>337417383
How about chocolate XD

desu desuI

i steal your blocks XD
┌─┐
└─┘
:P ┌─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┬─┐
┌┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┤
├┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┤
├┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┤
├┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤
└─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┴─┘
lol :D
>>
>>337417383
you can freshen it up with mods without drastically changing the gameplay, just read the newbie guide on the ss forums and you'll be good to go.
>>
File: yy.jpg (920 KB, 826x1200) Image search: [Google]
yy.jpg
920 KB, 826x1200
>>337417998
>>
File: 1378092255026.png (61 KB, 600x269) Image search: [Google]
1378092255026.png
61 KB, 600x269
>>337417383
Patched with weapon degradation dialed down in the ini file. So sick of my firearms still popping a spring after three shots with upgraded skills.
>>
>>337417383
MIGGERA
>>
It's a fantastic experience Vanilla. It has held up quite well in a number of ways.

Graphics mods are also a possibility. Can't really attest to any gameplay mods being good, though.
>>
File: Look at you, Hacker.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Look at you, Hacker.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>337417383
Secmod is pretty fun. I'm having an issue where the shotgun hybrids aren't holding a gun and they never have a shotgun or ammo in their inventory. They can still shoot though.
>>
>>337417383
Mod the graphics, but don't install Rebirth, since it alters original art direction for enemies drastically
>>
>>337418939
Finally someone else who played secmod.
I wouldn't recommend it for the first playthrough though since it's a total overhaul, but for other playthroughs it's great, feels like playing for the first time again.
>>
>>337417383

Use mods to fix bullshit like weapon degradation, but keep the original mods. It's actually more terrifying that way.
>>
>all these babies modding out weapon degradation because investing a few points in maintenance was too much
>>
>>337419509

nigga even some of the people who worked on the game aren't happy with how weapon degradation turned out.
>>
>>337419509
this.

If you're not a complete shitter weapon degradation isn't a problem. You'll be beating shit with a wrench most of the time, and when you reach the point in the game where going guns blazing is viable and necessary, you'll be more than capable enough to invest some points and nanites into maintenance.
>>
>>337419509
Why the hell do people use a mod to remove weapon degradation? There is a ESP power that keeps weapons from degrading
>>
>>337420879
Casting a buff whenever you want to fire a gun is not very convenient
>>
>>337421351
It only takes a second and doesn't cost much and lasts awhile. ESP build is the way to go with energy weapons invested in. With the anti-degrading and recharging powers I was blasting everything that wasn't immune to lasers with the energy pistol.
>>
vanilla with weapon degradation mod
>>
>>337421618
>ESP
the fuck is this, you mean PSI?
>>
Am I a pleb?

I've played through it on hard difficulty three times. All vanilla.

Every time I throw away the magic wand ball thing at the very beginning. Then I max out run speed and gun damage skills.

Ezpz all the way through. I usually end the game with half a backpack still full of slugs, grenades, and medpacks.

I never do hacking or stealthy anything, or anything fancy.

Most of the time I just run past enemies.

Should I just commit sudoku ?
>>
>>337421618
When you go with energy weapons you just need maintenance, since each point increases energy weapon ammo pool.
You don't really need psi honky ponkies since every deck has recharging stations, plus there's batteries, plus you can carry 2 loaded energy pistols winch is more than enough on it's own
>>
>>337421846
Yeah, I haven't played in awhile and forgot what it was called.
>>
>>337422016
Marine is a cookie cutter build suitable for first time players, nothing wrong with it.
>Should I just commit sudoku ?
you should replay the game with other build
>>
>>337422267
I have the same problem with deus ex.

It's incredibly easy on hard difficultyif you know your way around, and if you max out run speed and pistol/rifle damage.

You can just run and jump over 80% of enemies. The other 20% take 1-2 pistol shots to the head to kill.

Still fun... But really easy
>>
>>337422016
Or you could try secmod, it's pretty challenging compared to vanilla.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.