[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indie games thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 12
File: yume_nikki_by_pyromaniac-d69d4c3.jpg (316 KB, 1024x1388) Image search: [Google]
yume_nikki_by_pyromaniac-d69d4c3.jpg
316 KB, 1024x1388
You know how it is, put your favorites and why.
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1447353830.jpg (55 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1447353830.jpg
55 KB, 460x215
I enjoyed A.R.E.S

But it's too fucking short
>>
>>337416168
Yeah got the EX version recently, good mmx clone. Amazing controls too.
>>
File: ib_by_tomoki17-d4z7vxm.jpg (154 KB, 860x929) Image search: [Google]
ib_by_tomoki17-d4z7vxm.jpg
154 KB, 860x929
>>337415645
Ib was my favorite one. Story, music, gameplay, all 10/10.
would fuck that blue doll
>>
HAIL TO THE KING, BABY

Current favorite game. When you first get into it, it seems fucking impossible. The way they paced the difficulty of the worlds (easy > DIFFICULTY SPIKE WHAT THE FUCK > easy > WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY) is fantastic. Several music tracks for each area makes replaying them less of a headache, on top of the fact that they're procedurally generated. The platforming is so fucking tight, and you've gotta learn a lot of neat little tricks to navigate certain areas, and interact with every different enemy/trap. Several years of playing and I only found out last year that you can duck right next to the boulder trap to completely avoid getting hit by it.

It's as close to perfect as a game of its kind can get.
>>
Ultimate Chicken Horse and Speedrunners are my current favorites. Thank god they have online. Most indie multiplayer games don't offer online multiplayer at all.
>>
File: 1463093940218.jpg (44 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1463093940218.jpg
44 KB, 800x450
>>337416860
>WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS OKAY
I've been playing this masterpiece for a week straight and I'm at the part where I need to bring the key from The Mines all the way to the end of the Ice Cave in order to unlock the final shortcut tunnel.
How the fuck am I supposed to do that?
>>
Probably a tie between Ib and Yume Nikki, Ib because i love the characters, story and music, and Yume Nikki because i am sucker for interpretative stories
>>
>>337418617
YOU NEED TO FUCKING BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

YOU CAN DO IT ANON

Even more difficult is bringing the eggplant to the even more final final boss. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 10 people have ever fucking done it, that thing smashes into pieces from the smallest fall.
>>
>>337418723
I love Yume Nikki because it's one of those rare examples of something that can be interpreted in any way and actually have evidence to back each theory up.
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (606 KB, 1139x767) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
606 KB, 1139x767
>>337416860
>>337418617
>>337418950
>Spelunky

My fucking niggas.
I haven't even bothered trying to get the eggplant into hell, i'm trying to get there at all first. I always get killed once i get to the ruins with the fucking Anubis' and the sliding blocks that kill you if so much as a sliver is between them and another block. Despite how frustrating it is I feel like i want to keep trying, though, which is something i haven't felt from a lot of games.
>>
File: oneshot.jpg (30 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
oneshot.jpg
30 KB, 460x215
Anyone else waiting for the re-release of this? I thought it was pretty interesting already, so I'm actually looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1454019508917.jpg (474 KB, 615x845) Image search: [Google]
1454019508917.jpg
474 KB, 615x845
You already posted my favorite OP, didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, but it became my favorite game ever made really quickly.
>>
File: 1455961685953.jpg (86 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1455961685953.jpg
86 KB, 500x375
>playing Dominions 4
>5 player early age blitz
>pick Vanheim (viking elves)
>my opponents are C'tis (lizardman necromancers), Abysia (half demon lava men), Therodos (underwater spectral greeks) and Caelum (winged bird people)
>take a water/blood dual bless blood fountain as my god
>start shitting out quickened, blood retaliatory, stealthy, illusory berserker viking elves
>absolutely rape the local neutral provinces
>seriously one of these psychotic vikings can kill 10 ordinary men on his own
>accidentally run into the Therodos pretender god on land and murder him with 7 of my elves
>Abysia and Ctis are at war on the other side of the map, don't know what's happening
>Therodos is pissed
>I'm feeling huge and powerful
>start sneaking my viking beserkers into Caelum's territory while devouring Therodos' now barely defended territory
>launch the attack
>take half of Caelum's provinces while greek ghosts continue to raid me out of the ocean
>the birdmen have been producing more mages with better research and eventually my raids peter out
>apparently Abysia is dead, overrun by lizard necromancers
>Form a huge doomstack army, ready to crush the few remaining Therodos provinces underwater
>Call a truce with Caelum
>Send my army underwater with the help of my air mages
>capture one of Therodos' fortresses, capture a second fortress
>suddenly Caelum freezes the fucking oceans holy fuck
>trappedunderice.mp3
>my reinforcements cannot meet my army under the ocean
>start starving to death in the shitty, undead cursed territory
>suddenly I'm the prisoners and Therodos is Rorschach
>Caelum mounts a huge force of birdmen mages
>I cast a perpetual storm to stop them flying
>single dwarven smith of mine kills more than a hundred of his mages in one cast
>realise we're in a huge fucking stalemate with nobody able to kill each other or win
>realise it's 9am, we've been playing for 10 hours
>pass out, leaving the world with frozen oceans and perpetual thunderstorms raging across the land
>>
>>337415645
My top 5 indies, no particular order:

Lethal League
Transistor
Battleblock Theater
Shovel Knight
Minecraft

I know I'm going to get shit for that last one, but it's the only indie game I've sunk a truly massive amount of time into and although I haven't really played it much over the last few years, I'll always have a sweet spot for it in my heart.

Also, shout out to Cloudbuilt for being pretty much the most overlooked and under appreciated indie game in recent memory.
>>
File: 1435859883564.jpg (57 KB, 599x640) Image search: [Google]
1435859883564.jpg
57 KB, 599x640
It's a shame none of my friends enjoy building in this game, with some patience and imagination you can put together some really cool stuff
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.