[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS3 Super Slim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ps3.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ps3.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Question for sonyfags...

I have the slim version of the PS3 right now with a 2tb WD external HD hooked up to it full of movies, etc.

I just found a good deal on Craigslist for a 500gb Super Slim model and was going to pick it up since I'm out of game data space on my Slim.

Will I have any problems hooking my external HD up to the Super Slim?
>>
Should also mention it's just a usb connection, no wall adapter/plug on the HD
>>
Shouldn't have any problems for movies. When will someone hack this shit?
>>
>>337408252

Thanks, I meant to post this on /v I didn't realize this was /vg.

I'm assuming the Slim and Super Slim are exactly the same except for the size and usb ports
>>
>>337406528
>Will I have any problems hooking my external HD up to the Super Slim?
No, you should still be able to plug in your USB external hard drive on the 500gb PS3.

>>337408519
>I'm assuming the Slim and Super Slim are exactly the same except for the size and USB ports
Same, they both have 2 USB ports.
>>
>>337408252
PS3 CFW team threw in the towel. You can still CFW >3.55 but it requires hardware modification.
>>
Just reading the review on CNET.

No infrared port for remote controls. WTF?
>>
>>337406528
super slim has super shitty build quality and loud as fuck blu ray drive
>>
>>337409476
And the lowest chance of yloding
>>
>>337409171
You mean ODE's? I've heard those suck for anything other than ps3 games.
>>
>>337409476

I just need something small I can throw in my closet for when this one breaks. I'm not going to buy a current gen so I figured for $90 it was a good deal since I can load it up with PS2 games from the store.

The lack of a infrared port sucks though because I mainly use mine for movies, etc.
>>
>>337409476
I thought that mine was broken when I first heard how the drive churns the disc but nope, it just is supposed be like that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.