[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for criticism of Uncharted 4 I recently played through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 23
File: Uncharted-4.jpg (453 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted-4.jpg
453 KB, 1920x1080
Looking for criticism of Uncharted 4

I recently played through it and I'm looking for people's opinions on the game.

It's hard to find anything but praise about the game.

Only criticisms I've seen of the game are pedantic arguments from people who haven't played the game about what they perceive the game or issues about the characters who've never played a game in the series.

I'm looking for arguments about the game itself. Even the most specific arguments or criticisms about how they game plays(linearity or stuff like that). I wan't perspective
>>
You will find no argument. It's an exclusive. It doesn't matter if it is a genuine 9.4/10. If it's not on someone's preferred platform, they will find a reason to shit on it in order to feel better about themselves. It's called confirmation bias, and it is a mental illness.
>>
>>337402502
I understand that but I'm hoping to appeal to people who are willing to have a discussion about the game or at the very least people who have played the game who want to talk about it
>>
Scotland is pretty boring

Everything else is pretty great
>>
File: Nicolas_Cage_2011_CC.jpg (401 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas_Cage_2011_CC.jpg
401 KB, 650x823
>samefag shitter needs to make 15 fucking threads an hour to defend his 20 FPS cinematic console experience
>>
>>337402305
I was a little disappointed by the lack of supernatural stuff not from a story perspective but from a gameplay perspective. But honestly the first one was the only one that did that well and the second and third got progressively worse in that aspect in my opinion. From a gameplay perspective that is. But honestly this one has vehicles and probably the best puzzles out of all of them so that's more then enough to not make shooting monotonous. Plus combat is the best it's ever been so it never got boring.
I was doubtful with Amy gone and Greg Edmonson no longer composing but they pulled it off. A very fitting final chapter of the series. Looking forward to the single-player DLC and ND's future games.

As far as story goes I felt like Nate having a brother sort of undermined Sully as his father-figure. And it was sort of weird that Sam was the only person who never actually called him Nate but always Nathan.

>>337402831
Apparently you can ghost through a lot of that stuff which I'm looking forward to trying then I go play it on crushing.
>>
>>337402831
I did find it a bit tedious round that section but also in a couple others where it feels like they're doing too much traversal and puzzles
>>
>>337403098
>feels like they're doing too much traversal and puzzles
I actually liked that and felt the shoot-outs felt forced
>>
File: 1442986316741.png (232 KB, 386x647) Image search: [Google]
1442986316741.png
232 KB, 386x647
>>337402831
This and the fact there's a lot of levels that's just exploring and climbing. The flashbacks levels were cool so I excuse though (though I don't excuse no Ark of the Covenant easter egg in that old lady's house) but the one level where you're on the smaller island and the chapter right before the final level just m,akes me wonder why.

Downtime is fine and all, I appreciate the slower moments, getting explore without getting shot at, but making whole levels dedicated to that, and considering how much longer 4's levels are, is just grating
>>
>>337402305
The opening of the game certainly dragged on far too long. I understand why they did it but I don't want an hour of buildup before actual raw gameplay in a 10 hour game.
>>
>>337402831
This
>>
>>337403052
Man this is what I was looking for

Let me go through your points once at a time

I'm kinda glad they did away with the supernatural stuff. I think it would have undermined the story they were trying to tell. I agree it got worse every time so it's good they got rid of it

The puzzles are good but I feel like the puzzles and traversal take up too much of the game especially when the gameplay is the best it's ever been

The game almost has the inverse problem of UC3 where it uses too much story and doesn't have much gameplay and set pieces as apposed to 3 where they put too much emphasis on it got in the way of character development

I also love the soundtrack though it's not nearly as memorable as the prior games it's still very imposing.

I also don't like how they kinda retconned how Sully found Nate and became his mentor
>>
>>337402502
>calling out others for being bias and mental illness
>make a post that is the perfect embodiment of what he is trying to point out

Oh the irony.
>>
>>337402305
UNCHARTED 4 I GAME OF THE YEAR MATERIAL!!! EAT MY ASS YOU KEK!!!1!!!
>>
My only real problem with the story is how in the beginning you are transported to several different locations without any real context and the pacing feels off because of this.
>>
>>337403195
Yeah it felt like they wanted to tell a story and the gameplay was an afterthought which is a bit annoying considering how little combat there is in the end

>>337403229
This

>>337403419
I felt if they had planned the sequences out to be more confrontational and allow for more gameplay it would have been find. I don't think it was the length. I felt it was the how little combat there was
>>
>>337403672
>implying a legitimate discussion is possible on /v/
Move on over to /vg/ if you actually want to discuss the game's strengths and weaknesses.
>>
Exploration, atmosphere, characters, graphics, story, environments were all great

but the worst part about the game was the enemy design

what the actual fuck were they thinking

brown guy with white shirt
brown guy with red hat
heavy armor guy
sniper guy

Fucking seriously?
>>
>>337403746
Not nearly as bad as Uncharted 3. Honestly I almost would have preferred more of that. More environments, more and varied combat encounters and more of creative setpieces would have been neato
>>
>>337402305
Hmm let's see
-The start after the introduction is a bit slower, with more cutscenes and less shooting scenes
-Sometimes there are evident framerate drops
-Motion blur is heavy and can't be disabled
-Puzzles are very similar so they can be boring I guess
-There's the annoying thing that happens in TLOU where people won't see your allies walking around
-Refined stealth can help you take down many enemies rather easily, not really a critic but still people might find it bad
-Sometimes the landscapes have visible bad textures from very far but that's understandable
-There's some minor pop-in but I'm not surprised with everything that's on screen
-Game is a bit too forgiving in normal mode
-Some textures will render slower when you die and the game reloads
I'm at chapter 12 and I really haven't seen particular flaws except these
>>
Shit movie
>>
>>337403925
I'm sorta new. Usually lurk. What's the difference? I heard /vg/ was a circlejerk
>>
>>337404069
>Honestly I almost would have preferred more of that. More environments, more and varied combat encounters and more of creative setpieces would have been neato
sure but it just needed context. I didn't know until half way through the Panama jail mission that it was a flashback because of the lack of context.
>>
>>337404072
K I'll avoid spoiling the game but I do find the game gets a hard in the later encounters. I appreciate your input though I really do.
>>
>>337404170
/vg/ is general discussion threads for games and franchises. Minimal trolling and mostly focused discussion. Each general tends to have a community of its own, filled with regulars. It's the only place on 4chan where you can have actual platform exclusive discussion.

/v/ is an abortion. If you're new here, abandon ship.
>>
File: 1454375486952.png (792 KB, 705x725) Image search: [Google]
1454375486952.png
792 KB, 705x725
While the final boss is pretty much a QTE, at least Rafe is enjoyable to fight, compared to Talbot and technically an actually fight compared to Navarro, though getting to Navarro is a huge pain in the ass on anything above normal
>>
>>337404185
I felt like that was intended but I can see why you wouldn't like that. I didn't like it cause it retconned Uncharted 3 I think. And yeah I'd like it more like 2 where everything was connected(as in you see Nate go from location to location and you know why) and still getting a bunch of locations and set pieces
>>
My only gripe is having an antagonist and having enemies in the game. This doesn't work on 2 levels.

Level 1) it just isn't fun. Naughty Dog has never been able to do shooting combat right. The shooting mechanic doesn't feel good, too floaty and just doesn't have a natural feel to it. You don't feel like you are shooting real guns. Also the combot just breaks up the fun of exploring and adventuring and through the whole shootouts you just are wishing you were uncovering the next treasure.

2) It's suppose to be a fun adventure treasure game, yet Nathan Drake is going around murdering innocent security guards and going on private property to kill people. Firstly it just doesn't go with Nathan Drakes good guy smart mouth attitude. Also It just doesn't flow and doesn't make sense when a cutscene happens and they are more dis-heartened about a brotherly feud or wife problems. Also Nathan Drake just murders a bunch of people and than a cutscene where he goes out of his way to not kill the black chick who is the leader of the antagonist group or even the big bad guy.
>>
File: john_walker.jpg (10 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
john_walker.jpg
10 KB, 256x256
>>337404072
OH YEAH I REMEMBER NOW
that fucking awful shitty lazy developer choice to have every fucking enemy in the game completely ignore my 15 allies and only shoot at me, even tho im behind cover and they are all out in the open
>>
>>337403672
It's true, though. The thread is already filling up with trolls looking to have their input despite not having played the game. Having a discussion is impossible.
>>
>>337402502
>mental illness
There can't be such a thing as unbiased thought. What you meant to say was,
>It's called not conforming to my confirmation bias, and it's a mental illness.
>>
>>337402305
>Only criticisms I've seen of the game are pedantic arguments from people who haven't played the game about what they perceive the game or issues about the characters who've never played a game in the series.
Looks like you've already made up your mind. What's the point of debating someone like you?
>>
>>337403657
The entire game stands very much apart from the other three. From the big stuff like the different composer and the narrative and the general story it tells to minor things like trophy icons. I still think it's a very fitting conclusion to the series. I loved the ride but I sort of had a bit mixed feelings about the ending when Nate and Elena talk about the future on the bench. That is until the camera panned around after the Crash game. Best epilogue ever.
>>
>>337402305
beat Uncharted 4 recently, I'll tel you
>takes a little bit to pick up, but gets hugely better once you get to Madagascar
>flashback sequences when they're kids aren't really that good, boring at most
>story, although good, isn't really what you wanted. no real teary moment, just a satisfying ending (which a lot of people complained about)
>not enough set pieces
but those are just nitpicking things, the one biggest flaw about this game, like the other Uncharted games
ONE AND DONE
I liked the game, its good and the story is engaging enough to play and finish it. but I don't want to go thru it, the game gets bullshit level hard in the last 5 chapters on the hardest difficulty, gameplay pacing is all over the place and all. the multiplayer isn't that good either, I'm not very fond of the fact that you need over 200 kills to start unlocking guns.
>>
>>337404394
Thanks for the input. You seem like a cool guy anon

>>337404517
Yeah I immediately thought of Talbot when I fought him.

I mean the Lazaravic fight isn't a super dynamic and interesting fight but it was a real fight. I guess they couldn't come up with anything to make the fight more interesting.

It would have been cool if they implemented the platforming into a boss fight. It would have been a bit harder and been interesting. I don't know how they could have framed it but grappling from place to place or from slide to slide while doing a fight woulda been neat
>>
>>337404185
>I didn't know until half way through the Panama jail mission that it was a flashback because of the lack of context.
You should have known the context the moment you found out it was a Panamanian Jail.

It's a call back to Drake's Fortune.
>>
>>337405237
It probably would've beaten Lazaravic if they included a rope-swinging swashbuckling segment
>>
File: file.png (747 KB, 1110x534) Image search: [Google]
file.png
747 KB, 1110x534
>>337405317
>>
>>337405317
I was surprised by how much the game referenced the original.
>All those nods to Sully's 'funny idea of romantic' line
>>
>>337405079
>ONE AND DONE
I don't know man, I've played all of the previous one multiple times already and I feel like I'll probably do the same with this one at some point as well. As far as the difficulty goes I do agree, it scales really poorly. It's not so much that you do really fast, it's that the dying fast actually prevents you from using your whole combat arsenal. I played through the entire Drake collection on crushing and honestly the first one is such a pain to go through. I had to blindfire through most of the game since just aiming out of cover got me killed in a second most of the time.
>>
>>337404749
huh? we still talking about Uncharted?

>>337404739
Haha yeah dude. There's a joke among the fans that Nate is secretly a fuckin psychopath. A lot of logic issues come up in the Uncharted games like that
>>
>>337404319
Well there's nothing that really ruins the fun, it just gets you saying "come on" some times just like some frame drops or some bad textures not hidden
Other than that I'm having a lot of fun, the stealth section in Italy was fantastic
>>
>>337405431
I knew it was a reference to something
I just thought it was Flynn's reference to a Turkish prison but it was Uncharted 1 instead
>>
File: 8.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>337405431
>>
Was the story entirely rewritten or did they keep some of Henning's stuff? There's a considerable thanks to her in the credits so I'm not sure if it's just like a 'thanks for being with us all those years' or 'thanks for contributing to this game before you left'
>>
>>337402305
It's a fairly bland game with boring shooting mechanics. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but after beating it, I don't see any reason to ever play it again.

It's one of those game you say "Wow this is pretty cool!", then after you beat it, completely forget it ever existed.
>>
>>337402305
I've played 1 and 2 and they're voth awful fucking wave shooters with barebones """platforming""" and generic shooting that brings absolutely nothing new to the table. These factors, combined with the laughably bad AI (I mean, seriously, it's like I'm playing an N64 game) make me not want to go anywhere near U4. I'm not saying you're a casual if you enjoy the uncharted games, I'm just saying you're a casual if you think they are saviors of the industry, or if they are the best games ever made.
>>
FUCKING HUNTERS REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1461486299326.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461486299326.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
My biggest issue is how much Uncharted 4 turned into The Last of Us: Treasure Hunting 4 thanks to Neil Druckmann and Bruce Strahley being project leads. The over-emphasis on story in a series that never really made an effort to be anything more than an Indiana Jones knock-off makes it feel weird.
>>
>>337405412
Yeah man woulda been sick

>>337405597
I've beaten all the game's on crushing and I felt like it was unfair sometimes but I can't even imagine beating 4 on crushing man.
>>
>>337402305
The game is great.
>>
File: 1449186258813.gif (12 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1449186258813.gif
12 KB, 250x242
>yfw you realize Iram of the Pillars was a real place and they discovered back in the 90's
>>
Don't want to sound casual , but is it me or are gun fights way difficult in this game. I found myself dying a bunch of times on normal during many shoot-outs because an enemy would come from behind me out of no where and I'd have no place to take cover.
>>
>>337406058
The very first teaser they released made it sound like Drake's brother was pissed he left him in the prison and was out for revenge. They pretty much dropped all of that and made him a good guy.
>>
>>337402305
combat is ass and there was no supernatural element

both my opinion but i really don't know how people like the combat
>>
>>337406148
>but I can't even imagine beating 4 on crushing man
It's by far the easiest to stealth through. You literally get a checkpoint after every single takedown and I'm pretty sure the body vanishes if you load so they won't even start searching. So if all else fails you can fall back to that.
>>
>>337406246
Uncharted is always neat with the nods to actual historical stuff. Apparently they've done a bunch of research over the years into how ancient ruins should look.
>>337406405
Even the scene after the boss feels a little weird, like the brother was meant to die until they tweaked it.
>>
>>337406405
There wasn't even any implication of his brother joining the game until the PSX after E3 2014, was there?
>>
>>337405079
I have rented that last three uncharted games play them in one sitting, it's cost me 9 dollars. I like the games but i have no desire to replay them
>>
>>337404830
Eh, I don't think you know what confirmation bias is. You think you do, but you don't.
>>
>>337405038
No I mean stuff like

>Uncharted is a movie

or

>20 frames

or

>Nadine can't beat up two guys

Stuff like that from people who haven't played the game and shit on it or from people who have issues with something not really related to how the game is.

If you told me that you played the game and hated the whole experience I would listen.

>>337406060
Honestly Uncharted has never been known for gameplay. It's always been characters and presentation of story.

Not saying your complaints aren't valid, they are. Everyone I've seen who played the game's today say those are the worst parts.
>>
>>337406591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnJPTkrD7o
Sounds like him talking, at least before they replaced the guy with Troy Baker.
>>
>>337406112
It's hard to pin down why the series is good. It's certainly never been the gameplay. Story, characters are likable, set pieces and presentation but the way they all come together is nice

Though I'm not gonna contest your point. A lot of people I know who've tried the game recently don't like it either.

>>337406135
Yeah too much story and little moments. Too little of what made the series famous. Big set pieces and shit. And they took it and made it like Last of Us and it makes the discrepancy of characters and gameplay even worse. It worked for Last of Us I think but not UC4
>>
>>337406910
Oh, that one. I completely forgot. Yeah, they definitely did change him and replaced his antagonist stuff with Rafe, which explains why Rafe is pretty boring.

Also of note, this is the scene where Drake falls after its revealed Sam lied about Alcazar, so looks like they put Elena on the island as well when she wasnt originally supposed to be there, or at least not in that scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Rx-Bbht5E

Its also funny that I called bullshit at the graphics back then, but now honestly, I dont see too much a difference immediately besides the change from 60 to 30fps
>>
>>337406328
I think it wants you to stealth it or to hide if you get too much heat

>>337406458
oh well then

>>337406553
Yeah that too

>>337406405
Yeah they changed the story after Hennig left. The theoretical story of his brother hating him sounds more interesting and makes more sense. If Nate left him out of cowardice or something it makes more sense he wouldn't have mentioned him than if he left him and was just sad about it.
>>
>>337406328
Nah, 3 had a lot of bullshit moments, but this one felt fine.
>>
My complaints

> beginning is too slow, game only feels like it properly starts in Scotland
> No super natural element, there was numerous references to "time consumes all things", "everyone must die eventually" etc... on the gravestones. I was expecting immortal pirates. (Although to its credit, Libitalia is by far the most fleshed out lost city in the series and I did like all the notes you find)
> Sam was a great character but his existance undermines Sully's importance. It could have easily been fixed by having Sam go to prison 10 years earlier before Nate met Sully. That way it would make even more sense why he never talked about him.
> Puzzels still weren't great, better than 1 or 2's, but 3 had better ones.
> No doughnut Drake
> No Henry Avery skeleton skin (unless you unlock it by Platniuming the game and I just havnt seen it, like Marco Polo in 2)

Overall I really enjoyed it, post-Italy the gameplay is good, it struck a good balance between combat and platforming stuff. Enviroments were beautiful, and combat encounters were open enough to go about them different ways.

Overall story was standard uncharted (but with disappointing lack of Supernatural), but the character interactions and voice acting are all super high quality and feel very natural.

I'm a cynical bastard when it comes to humour or drama, but I don't think I cringed at a single line of dialouge, even in multiplayer, everyone is super convincing. Sully's actor especially deserves a goddamn award.

Overall I'd say 2 is still my favourite (how much of that is nostalgia for my first PS3, and HD game in general, expereince is hard to say).

2>4>1>3
>>
>>337407964
You're right now that you mention it, it was really neat to see how fleshed out the history of the place was. You had a genuine sense of discovery and piecing together what happened, rather than being informed in cutscenes.
>>
File: 1080738290[1].jpg (310 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1080738290[1].jpg
310 KB, 1280x720
The car chase setpiece lived up to the hype, but the game didn't really have any other standout moments.
>>
Too many push the box "puzzles" and zero stakes climbing sections.
>>
>>337402305
one small thing was the
>WOAH THIS ROCK IS BREAKING IMMA FALL
>WOAH THIS BRIDGE IS BREAKING IMMA FALL
>WOAH THIS BUIDLING IS BREAKING IMMA FALL

Every 2 seconds. It deflated the tension so much.
>>
Why as 3 not as good?

I think it has the best setting and does well with Francis Drake deceiving the Queen with his finding and Nathan deceiving everyone with his backstory plot, but the shooting was a step down from 2 and some things feel left out. Like no explanation to how Talbot survived getting shot by Cutter, the tarot cards pertaining to characters, like it wasnt entirely as fleshed out as it shouldve been.
>>
>>337408520
it did not make the jump U2 did in gameplay story and character development.
>>
>>337408520
Naughty Dog was putting most of their effort into The Last of Us at the time.
>>
>>337405475
Yeah, there's a huge amount of fan service in the game.
> call me if you see anything hinky
>>
>>337408212
Yeah it was pretty neato

>>337408240
this

>>337408515
Uncharted has a lot of that

>>337408520
the devlopers admitted that they planned setpieces and shit first then story around that and it ruined a lot of it
>>
>>337408520
It had the best OST imo.
>>
I never really understood Avery's grand plan. So you set up 'initiation temples' in the world and then send invites to the greatest pirate captains of the age. If they pass the test, they go to King's Bay, where Avery proposes teaming up to create commie pirate paradise. They need people to live there, so they bring 500 colonists with them. Turns out it was all a pyramid scheme and the 12 captains steal everyone's money. . . and then the grand plan is to walk 1 mile away and build a new city? How was any of this supposed to end well?
>>
>>337408776
>the devlopers admitted that they planned setpieces and shit first then story around that and it ruined a lot of it
They did that with 2 as well.
>>
Does anyone else really like the multiplayer?
>>
>>337407964
I think no supernatural again, except this time not even in dream or drugged sequence, is alright. Its more of a brother's story than the lost city and treasure.
>>
>>337408776
>>337408515

if they haven't changed it its still a valid criticism
>>
Shooting mechanics are bad, even for ND standards. Uncharted 2 and TLOU had better shooting mechanics, and those were also weak for their respective games.
>>
>>337409095
I really enjoyed TLOU multiplayer. Is it like that or more run and gun?
>>
>>337409095
I haven't tried it yet. I loved MP in 2, but 3 was pure shit.
>>
>>337408836
The initiation was for random no name pirates.

The captains were all in on this from the start.

They built Libertalia and built New Devon for themselves off the bat. They then got random people pouring into the colony and began their scheme to rob all of them blind and then retreat into New Devon and kill everyone if they had to.

I then assume they were going to leave the island but they all turned on each other before they could divide up the loot and get the fuck out of there.

Or something like that. Avery was clearly nuts so whatever.
>>
>>337409095
I don't dislike it. Swinging in and climbing up and over things is fun. But it has the same problem every typical MP shooter has and that's I end up shooting at tiny things in the distance. I just don't feel very relevant.

Splatoon is an example of a shooter where everything feels a lot more intimate in battle and where it feels like you're an important member on your team.
>>
>>337409095
I'm enjoying it but I also never touch any Uncharted multiplayer before UC4
>>
>>337408836
Pyramid scheme is a good way to put it lmao. I need to play through it again to make sure but you may be right

>>337408958
2's story flowed much better.

>>337409095
I do when I have decent teammates
>>
>>337409178
The gunplay is just pretty standard. Same for U4 but i like that there is more of an emphasis on mobility this time around.
>>
>>337408836
I think it was more that the the founders and their families and friends lived in New Devon and the colonists lived in main part of Libertalia. I dont even think the whole plan was a pyramid scheme from the getgo, they just got too greedy because honestly who wouldnt in their positions and their lives and Avery was one step ahead of everyone for the most part.
>>
>>337402892
See
>>337402502
>>
>>337409095
Those fucking summons who run at you and grapple you are fucking ridiculous and OP as fuck.

I blast one in the face five times with a shotgun and they still keep coming.

Meanwhile, the machine gun summon gets two shots to the face from a sniper and is done.
>>
File: 4237869622344233.jpg (26 KB, 388x355) Image search: [Google]
4237869622344233.jpg
26 KB, 388x355
My biggest problems
>Combat takes a massive backseat, even though they made it really good, to a handful of decent puzzles, TLoU tier bullshit of moving a box so you can climb up and shitloads of incredibly on rails climbing segments that make it piss easy to predict the scripted "ledge you are hanging on crumbles and Nate nearly falls to his death" bits
>Sam lacks charismatic charm Sully, Chloe and Elena have presented over the series, making a lot of segments with him dull since Nate and him don't have great chemistry to work with
>The campaign lacks the wow moments previous games had, I wasn't asking for 3's levels of retarded setpieces but I wanted to get something on the "HOLY SHIT" levels of the train from 2
>Multiplayer is so fucking microtransaction focused it hurts, making it so that getting points to open up the random loot chest so you don't have to buy anything a fucking slog that insures you rarely get the items you want
Besides that, 3/5, it's pretty and has it's moments
>>
>>337409175
not saying it isnt pally

>>337409264
run and gun. Last of Us had a much more improvisational nature and it was tense as apposed to Uncharted which has room for Improv but it's not quite as deliberate. Plus platforming
>>
>game
>>
>>337409626
The weird things is, if they ever tried to make a movie of Uncharted And aren't they? I don't think they could do a better job than what ND did in Uncharted 4.
>>
>>337409512
>who run at you and grapple you are
the shotfun is the most UP gun in the game. Its supposed to take two shots to kill but usually it ends up being three, often four. Also headshots matter. I find that aiming at their head with a volley of rounds does the trick

>>337409574
Yeah I agree I think it has too much Last of Us influence.
>>
>>337409095
All I fucking wanted was 2's level of old school multiplayer but they had to fuck this whole thing up with the in-match store and loadout bullshit
I just want a pure mode where people only use grenades and guns
>>
>>337409867
An Uncharted movie would be the most pointless and derivative thing ever filmed. Uncharted is an attempt to turn Indiana Jones into a game, it shouldn't then be turned back into a film.
>>
The time limit for Plunder needs to be extended, often it's an incredibly close match and it ends up as a draw because time runs out.

Also if you know where Treasure items spawn in TDM you can place mines for free kills. And C4 can be activated while you downed, so you can throw it at your feet as you getting shot and blow them up when they go to kick you.
>>
File: 1463073130743.png (611 KB, 780x720) Image search: [Google]
1463073130743.png
611 KB, 780x720
>>337402305
It's fine. Literally only thing to be said about it. It does what it needs to do and looks pretty doing it.
Story is meh, but what did you expect.

desu I didn’t even play it lol.
>>
>>337402305
>I wan't perspective

If you provide the game i'll provide the perspective
>>
>>337410382
weeb trash

im gonna spread your asscheeks and scream into your asshole
>>
>>337409095
It's fun but I think that the fact that there's no levels is a bad choice
At least you would unlock stuff by leveling up in UC2 and 3 but you only unlock weapons and reaskins and stuff
There is this thing that I don't understand about the outfit colors
Not only did Uncharted 3 give you the option to recolor them, but the trailer of the multiplayer and the game itself shows different colors available, like you could color the outfits like Nathan's shirt or Eddy's, there's even presets that are literally recolors with some cosmetics added
It just doesn't make sense
>>
>>337410118
so now that Uncharted is done, should ND just get the Indiana Jones license?
>>
>>337409352
kek
>>
>>337410464
did not expect a ratatouille post on 4chan ever
>>
I liked it. Pretty much 0 replay value but that's fine, the multiplayer's alright.

The thing that impressed me the most, though, was the image quality. I mean, holy shit, it's an AMAZING looking game, even not considering the hardware. When you do consider the hardware, it becomes a technological achievement. Every vista is amazing to look at, aliasing artifacts are only evident if you're pressing your face against the screen, the areas are huge but there's extremely little LoD shenanigans, and apart from a couple of select moments the framerate holds a flat 30. It's amazing what they've done, technologically.

The game itself, bit too much padding, but where it counted it was like those recent Mission Impossibles meets Indiana Jones, just as it should be. I also particularly liked the little conversation near the end that was clearly referencing sequels and series and when to stop them.
>>
>>337402305
There is no incentive for exploring.
You dont upgrade weapons and scavenge for resources and bullets like TLOUS, and Metro so I just want to rush rush through most areas to get to the next setpiece
>>
File: Cassie_Drake.png (76 KB, 204x245) Image search: [Google]
Cassie_Drake.png
76 KB, 204x245
Does Drake molest her?
>>
>>337411487
Why molest her when you could molest Elena
>>
>>337411487
with that jew nose? Nah.

But was drake cucked? He's not jewish, Elena isnt jewish, so why is her nose that of a hapopy merchant?
>>
>>337411487
Language!
>>
File: 1386922773160.gif (2 MB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1386922773160.gif
2 MB, 310x325
>>337411815
>Nathan and Elena pulling her up on swearing
I think that was one of my favorite parts of the entire game.
>>
>>337411487
Elana molests her.

sfm when
>>
>>337402305
>zero replay value
>bad pacing where you play as kid Nathan
stupid scene like
>a giant bell falls through the floor of a cathedral and when you go outside nobody bothered to check all the loud sounds
>Sams plan was stupid and relied so much on luck
>he posed as a waiter in the auction house and was near the mainstage despite the main bad guys knowing what he looks like and also looking at the main stage
>Sully and Nathan never bothered researching about Alkatraz to see if his threat level. If they found out that he was dead then plot would have ended
>>
>>337411642
It's Sam's. Notice how Drake called her his wife's son?
>>
>>337412141
That whole fucking ending. God. I dunno if I ever got such feels from characters I never cared anything about.
>>
>>337412204
that bell thing bothered me
>>
>>337412241
But Sam isnt a jew either!
>>
>>337412204
>he posed as a waiter in the auction house and was near the mainstage despite the main bad guys knowing what he looks like and also looking at the main stage

Now this is a legit plot hole.
>>
>>337412312
Considering she's nearly 40 at the end of the game isn't Elena a little too old to be having her first child? Not biologically no, but that's still old for a first time mother. Would've made more sense if she was born sometime in between Uncharted 1 and 2.
>>
>>337402305
>from people who haven't played the game
>If you don't like something, you didn't play the game
This is some soulsborne fag level of faggotry.
>>
>>337412629
>Nearly 40
Bullshit. Nobody's that fine at 40.
>>
You know that moment when you are in that pirate's cell close to the start of the game, and you're solving the puzzle with the roman numbers and Nathan is all like
>wait a minute... that card...

It was Bioshock Infinite all over again, dropped it like a hot turd.

It's ok when Sony does it though, right?
>>
File: 1378079462105.jpg (72 KB, 712x724) Image search: [Google]
1378079462105.jpg
72 KB, 712x724
>>337412204
What kills me about this plot is how it sets up the villain to not know as much as Sam and Drake about the secrets/history but keeps contriving ways for him to be on their tail throughout the game
>>
>>337412820
That's fucking standard for Uncharted puzzles though
Plus it still requires putting in even a little effort to just press the bells in the order it tells you
>>
>>337405981
don't take this as hater, but WTF the skin material???
>>
File: 1419110350892.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1419110350892.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
20% of the game is actual gameplay

The rest is just a movie pretending to be a game

And i'm not talking about the cutscenes.
>>
>>337406112
I had the same experience anon. The games have a bunch of things that are all mediocre. It reminds me a lot of Tomb Raider 2013. Both get praised a lot despite not being particularly good at anything. TR did have nice graphics I guess.
>>
>>337412929
well that's fucking disgusting how do you guys put up with it and still praise it
>>
>>337406135
Hey but at least at the end of the history they save the treasures, have any utility in the history or is just?
>i've found this game object for multiplayer?
>>
>>337412762
She was born in 1982, Drake's Fortune takes place in 2007, Uncharted 4 takes place fifteen years after, making her 40. Nathan is 47, and during the epilogue, Nathan is 60-63 and Elena is 53-56, assuminmg their daughter is 13-15 years old..
>>
>>337412629
Well my mom had me in her early 30s and I think I turned out ok.

;_;
>>
>>337409391
>i cant argue i need a logical fallacy to fall back on
i have a ps4 and a i7/980
i have best of both worlds
uncharted 4 runs at 20 fps
gameplay is sub par third person shooting that needs aim assist to not be terrible

but keep your little damage cotnrol thread on front page of /v/ like youve been paid to do, like a good little delusional shill
>>
I'm a fan of Uncharted, but the cycle of climbing, shootouts, and puzzles gets old. Cut scenes felt incredibly long in this, and Naughty Dog is clearly fishing for more LoU praise with their writing.

I'm enjoying the multiplayer, which is why I got into the series with Uc2.
>>
>>337413023
Because no one fucking says "I PLAY UNCHARTED FOR THE PUZZLES" they are there to break up the climbing and shooting
>>
>>337413057
Anon, the prison scene was several years before the first Uncharted.
>>
>>337412929
That's not a good thing man. Puzzles are mean to be puzzles, not a single round of Simon
>>
>>337412671
I'm alright with people critisizing the game. I made the thread asking for it. Honestly the thread could have consisted of nothing of people tearing this game to shreds and it would have been cool with me but too often people will look for anything to dismiss a game even without playing it.

I don't want baseless negativity, I want reasons for why people think the way they do about the game, instead of just looking at it and deciding it's dumb
>>
>>337413120
>>
>>337413405
That's great, and more discussions should be like that. But try to make threads that don't seem like a sonygger falseflag bait threa and you'll easily get better, more thought out responses.
>>
>>337410646
I think naughty dog could save the Indiana jones title and recover from the crystal skull shit show movie
>>
>>337413185
Well I know 4 takes place three years after 3, which takes place two years after 2, which likely takes place in 2009, which means 4 takes place in 2014.

2014 - 1982 = 32

So, you're right, she's around 32, and I know Nate was born seven years after Elena, making him around 39. My bad. So they're about 45-48 and 52-55 in the epilogue, respectively. makes more sense.
>>
>>337413873
seven years before Elena*
>>
>>337411618
This in the epilogue drake I s starting to age a bit but holy shit Elena is still dam hot
>>
>>337413068
My mom had me at 39 lol
>>
I think the game needed more action. Uncharted 2 is still the best in the series because its so damn fun. Uncharted 4 is more of a comfy game to play.

Also I don't really understand why Sam burned Avery's ship at the end. I guess it was one of those "if I can't have it no one will" type of deals?
>>
>>337402305
The only criticism is that maybe from what ive seen it isnt as good as uncharted 3 (which i beat alongside 2). Story wise. But gameplay and everything else has been improved

In my honest opinion. If you love the Uncharted series buy this game (from what ive seen i dont have it).

If you have never played an Uncharted game buy it.

If you have played an uncharted game and didnt like it dont buy it nothings changed here no amazing new feature.

I remeber years ago i bought uncharted 2 from my friend for 15 dollars and didnt know what to expect. And then the game was so good so amazing that i couldnt stop playing it. Uncharted 3 was just as good if not better.

So no reason to believe the new Uncharted game isnt as good.

Only reason i havnt bought the game is cause im still playing dark souls 3 and simply dont care enough to drop 60 bucks on uncharted again.

The only criticism the gane can get is thats it more uncharted.
>>
>>337414132
Sam didn't burn, Nate blew it up to save him.
>>
>>337413034
someone can answer me, i'm a unbiased critic and i just want an opinion.
>>
>>337410646
I'd really love that.

An Indiana Jones game that followed the same structure as Uncharted but set in the 30s/40s and with all the lincrnsed music and characters would be incredible.

Just replace the grapple-rope with the whip and add in some combat mechanics with it (whipping a guys gun out of his hands into yours etc...) and it'd be perfect.

Hell, with enough money Harrison Ford could do the voice. although the way ND makes games, it'd probably be MORE work than an actual movie.
>>
>>337414132
Sam honestly believed that if he was going to have to fight what he believed to be his and Nate's birthright, then he'd rather that it sink than let it be given to Nadine and Rafe
>>
>>337414381
no they specifically say that Sam planted bombs on the ship.
>>
>>337413034
>>337414483

Your first post makes no goddamn sense.

What are you asking?
>>
>>337414959
No they didn't those were traps.
>>
>>337415042
america not my first mouth
>>
File: 03949343.jpg (34 KB, 493x386) Image search: [Google]
03949343.jpg
34 KB, 493x386
>>337415193
>america not my first mouth
>>
>>337413812
don't know how you got that impression. maybe read the op again cause all i asked for was fair criticism
>>
Tedious first 5 hours followed by outrageously boring climbing and mediocre floaty combat so easy initially then just crushingly cheap afterwards forcing you to stealth it.

Uncharted Gear Solid/10
>>
This is my only complaint, and it's a fucking stupid one

>In-game dialog
>following a character around
>"Nate, check this out"
>Standing right next to him, waiting
>Waiting
>Waiting
>Apparently I has to move forward half an inch to trigger the next line of dialog

Same thing happened when a character was trying to hand me something. They had the item outstretched in their hand, and I saw standing right infront of them just fucking waiting for Nathan to fucking grab it, but he wouldn't unless I shoved his nose into the character's nutsack.
>>
File: file.png (248 KB, 470x259) Image search: [Google]
file.png
248 KB, 470x259
>The trophy "Stage Fright" alludes to last year's live E3 demo which kicked off with Drake just stuck in place. If you stand around for half a minute ahead of the car chase, it unlocks.

fucking kek
>>
>>337416545
Holy shit, thats great.

I also loved how Sam doesnt even get the Marco Polo thing because he's been in jail so long and wasnt there in Nepal
>>
>>337402305
I think the shooting still sucks. Which at this point being the fourth installment is beyond disappointing. Something with the aim system just feels alien. The pacing of the action made it so I never really got a chance to find out what every gun did cause I was trying to stock up on ammo cause every last henchman in the game is a god damn bullet sponge. Also thought they could pull back a lot on setting up huge gun battles. Going into Avery's mansion could've been a huge wow factor and instead the place is gutted and stocked with militia crates in a way to set up a battle. The sight of it tarnishes the reveal. And I couldn't help but feel robbed when I interacted with a character or opened some door that clearly cut off a journal entry or character moment. The platforming was better but many times I felt like it could've been cut down. The puzzles were much better this time around. Enjoyed a story that didn't revolve around some fucked up metaphysical bullshit at all.
>>
>>337416545
Wait, they actually did it, the absolute madmen!

After e3 people were saying that they should have a trophy or some hidden Dialouge if you just stand there, and they actually did it.
>>
>>337411487
She will grow up having high standard when it comes to selecting a mate because she envies her Mom for catching an Alpha. She will not settle for anything less because she grew up with three Alpha male figures. Her Dad Nate, Uncle Sam, and Sully.
>>
There are so many sections where you have to move a fucking crate.
>>
I really don't see why uncharted is such a loved series. The plot is basically a bad action movie and the gameplay is a cycle of unsatisfying shooting, boring climbing, and simple puzzles broken up with cutscenes and the occasional QTE, it's also unchallenging to the point of boredom.

What exactly is the appeal supposed to be? There has to be something considering there's five games now if you count the vita one.
>>
I'm only up to Chapter 8 right now and so far my main criticism is that the opening gets off to a really slow start.
>>
Yeah I have a complaint

Why the fuck does this game get to have long cutscenes with exposition, but MGSV got jack fucking shit?

Fuck you, Kojima. Fuck you, Konami.
>>
>>337418747
>Sully
>alpha
>>
>haven't played the game
I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling us because that was the go to for defenders of TLOU, who also made Uncharted. You didn't like it? Fuck you, you haven't played the game.

Is it serious?
>>
>>337412931
Pretty sure he just got out of the water, dude. His face is wet and you can see the water dripping down.
>>
>>337418936
It's just like a movie
>>
File: AC4BFSP 2013-12-06 18-01-42-02.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AC4BFSP 2013-12-06 18-01-42-02.jpg
438 KB, 1920x1080
>>337413742
>open world last-gen game looks better than Sony's flagship
>>
Ebin cinematic movie game
>>
>>337406660
So why make it a game that costs $60 if the game part sucks?
>>
>>337412929
Just because they did it before doesn't make it good
>>
>>337403657
>the puzzles and traversal take up too much of the game especially when the gameplay is the best it's ever been
are you one those fags who thinks gameplay = combat

this is giving me a flashback to GameFAQs posters
>>
I LITERALLY just finished the epilogue. I still have tears in my eyes as I type this, I feel deeply sad that this will be the last time we've seen Drake and Elena and the rest of the crew. What an absolute fucking masterpiece.

I feel like Sam. So....empty right now. I will never experience this shit from the beginning again.

I remember playing the first part when I was just 10 years old. Time flew, and now it's finished.

I love this game.

And I love MILF Elena.

Nothing you say will ever change anything about it.
>>
>>337421835
>the puzzles and traversal take up too much of the game especially when the combat is the best it's ever been

There I fixed it for him
>>
>>337402305
>I recently played through
More like watched through. The "game" basically plays by itself.
>>
>>337422140
indeed a great movie
>>
Overall I loved the game, however since OP wants criticisms:

- combat on hard+ difficulty becomes trial and error. Things kill you so fast you just end up trying to find the right order to kill the NPCs (snipers, shotgunners, etc) rather than just performing better overall.

- would like to see more puzzles. I loved the ones we got.

- Drakes movement feels really sluggish during open world segments. During normal levels you can jump and climb almost anywhere. In the open world segments, Drake can't even hop up a small cliff if the designers don't want you there. It just feels weird.

- I'm half and half on this one, but treasures feel MUCH more difficult to find. In the previous Uncharteds, treasure placement happened at a pace and you got a rough feel for when to start looking around for one. In this one, I never got that feeling and when I thought there was likely a treasure in an area - I would come up empty.

I can probably think of a few more minor complaints but those are the ones that stand out to me.
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.