[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starfox Zero Outsells Quantum Break in April (NPD)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1881134_0.jpg (20 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1881134_0.jpg
20 KB, 540x309
What went wrong? How will Remedy recover
>>
They won't.
>>
It's not the best game ever but I do feel like Quantum Break didn't deserve this.

Also Microsoft didn't market this game at all.
>>
>>337391919
This meme has to stop.
Just because you use adblock and dont watch television does not mean they didnt advertise it.
>>
I thought it was okay. Checked it out from the local library for free.
>>
Why would anyone want to pay $60 for a mediocre television show + third person shooter when everyone has netflix and a surplus of cheap and good third person shooters?
>>
>>337392015
wow, a little ad at the side of the page
damn man the game was everywhere!
>>
>>337392207

It had a lot of tv spots, actually
>>
>>337391808
Not selling any copies was part of their plan. Alan Wake was also a sleeper hit.
>>
>partnered with Xbox
>tv show gimmick
>Marketers didn't do their job

Atleast they can get back to AW2 now.
>>
>>337392015
I've yet to see a commercial for it and my tv is on most of the day
Hell I completely forgot about this game
>>
>>337393273

You didn't see any of the adverts with that nirvana cover? They were literally on every channel around release
>>
>>337393262
>remedy
>ever getting work again after this tremendous flop

lol
>>
>>337391808
SFZ didn't outsell QB tho
>>
>>337391808
Stop making games for xbone and windrone 10?
>>
>>337392207
>little
>>
>>337391808
>Bland, shallow shooter that is a diamond dozen is outsold by a Nintendo exclusive
Can't say I'm surprised, even the paid shills and brain-dead journalists giving Quantum Break undeserved high scores didn't help.
>>
>>337393273

I live in the US. Quantum Break had ads on game site banners and both Spike and SciFi were running the TV ads constantly for about two weeks before launch.

Only game I've seen advertised more is fucking Overwatch. I can't imagine how fucking much money Blizzard has spent on marketing. You can't really go anywhere on the internet without seeing an Overwatch advert.
>>
File: lol2.png (133 KB, 351x355) Image search: [Google]
lol2.png
133 KB, 351x355
>>337391808
Both games are so far financial failures and there was no way around it. Both are exclusive titles to consoles that sold like shit, what in the hell are you expecting?

quantum Break might be salvageable if they ever release it on windows 10 i guess
>>
>>337393605
If it didn't it will eventually. QB has already sold the majority of the copies it'll ever sell whereas Nintendo games sell slowly over time. Most AAA games do that, it's why publishers push preorders and season passes so much, they know sales are concentrated in the release window.
>>
>>337394309
>Nintendo game
>Financial disaster
Pick one, Nintendo doesn't spend tens of millions on their games so even if they sell like shit no money is lost
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.