[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm too poor to buy ds3. Just bought BB dirt cheap with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
I'm too poor to buy ds3. Just bought BB dirt cheap with a ps4. Beat it thrice.
Pirated this on 32 bit craptop because ds3 is 64 only.

Runs at 45 fps 800x600. Lowest settings. Ds4 controller.

I m having a blast. I think the people whonhate on this are way to nitpicky and should just have fun with it. Please bear in mind I'm only just at Bastille. But it seems fun so far.

Just appreciate what you faggots have and stop wanting everything to be perfect. Like something for what it is.

Also BB general. (Because ds2 general is just a contest of who can take the biggest shit on the game.
>>
>>337388589
2 is better than 3 anyway
don't believe the memes

2 did many things to improve upon the formula, whereas 3 is just "remember the first dark souls? xD"
>>
>>337388790
"2 wasn't actually bad" is the newest hottest contrarian meme
>>
>>337388790
Going from BB to 2 is really hard.
2 is super tough for me. I actually have to grind a little.

I really don't like the hollowing mechanic.
>>337388924
Name somethimg other than level design and dudes in armour bosses.
>>
>>337388790
>2 did many things to improve upon the formula

Yeah, such improvements like ADP, Soul Memory and 8-directional rolling. Thanks for all those, B-Team!
>>
>>337388924
I started with demons souls and ds2 is my favorite out of ds1-3
>>
>>337389773
>Going from BB to 2 is really hard.
I honestly think going from BB to 3 is what cause me to be so disappointed

The combat in BB was the best in the "Soulsborne" series, and 3 feels like it wants to be a cross between Dark Souls 1 and BB.
>>
>>337388589
2 is shit. Soul memory breaks the game. You continue to level up forever making any build that doesn't max your stats (Hex duel Halberds havels and smelter) shit. In ds1 you had to make compromises to get a lot of pvp and by doING so you get more variety. In ds2 there is a lot less build variety end game.
>>
>>337389950
That's a nice list of cons
here are the pros

>Ascetics, not to respawn enemies but to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields actually improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Really fun NPC invaders where they didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and the pickaxe
>Pharros Lockstones and Fragrant Branches to manipulate the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning resistance while boosting your fire resistance
>NG+ didn't just increase enemy HP and damage, it added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison pools made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it, and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even if you were hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but as a result you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to Black Crystal to solo the boss
>>
>>337389773
>Name something other than the most important parts of the game
How about the shit game feel and awful plastic aesthetics?
>>
>>337390093
I'm playing an offline version.
Soul memory doesn't matter to me. (I don't think)
I'm here for bosses and pve
>>
>>337390301
Based
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.