[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For all of you people so pissed that D44M is not a "proper"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: ROTT-Welcome-home.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ROTT-Welcome-home.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
For all of you people so pissed that D44M is not a "proper" classic FPS, why aren't you playing pic related?

It does everything the original version did, with just a touch more linearity. but with modern graphics and style. Why then did everyone ignore this title back when it was released (and even now) and focus on AAA "reboots" like D44M that play well enough in their own right yet don't play exactly like the original?

Sometimes I don't think people know when a good thing was given to them...
>>
>>337383710
because that game sucked dick
>>
>>337383710
>Why then did everyone ignore this title back when it was released (and even now)

because the engine was utter shit and it ran like fucking complete stuttery trash with unplayable garbage netcode

because its literally just a reskin of ROTT with few new gameplay elements and it isnt fun to play a 20+ year old FPS that i played to death 20+ years ago
>>
>>337383710
Because the original isn't that great to begin with, why would I play an inferior modern version?
>>
File: serious-sam-2-hd-08.jpg (831 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
serious-sam-2-hd-08.jpg
831 KB, 2560x1600
>>337383710
But I do play proper classic FPS.
>>
>>337384534
>engine was utter shit and it ran like fucking complete stuttery trash

That was true for the first few months, but it's been fixed and is totally playable now. And considering this was done entirely by an inexperienced team, it's almost excusable.

>its literally just a reskin of ROTT with few new gameplay elements and it isnt fun to play a 20+ year old FPS that i played to death 20+ years ago

Then why aren't people okay with nuDOOM? Things change over 20 years, for better or for worse, but games should be judged on their own merits rather through the eyes of nostalgia.

And for somebody who's played through some of the original and most of the reboot, it really does hold well enough on its own. The level design is extremely solid, the weapons react well, and the enemies are passable though I do wish there was more variety than basic hitscan bulletsponges
>>
Someone explain the ending to me? What the fuck was the robot with red sword about?
>>
>>337385632
>Then why aren't people okay with nuDOOM?

because they're stupid faggots. it's /v/. are you new here, honestly? because people here do nothing but complain about everything

if doom had been a super awesome reskin of the old doom games, the same people would have complaiend its a reskin

im 33 and i actually played doom when it was new, and im very excited to play d44m even though i think they wont have modding or true mapping which means the game will die in 1 month
>>
>>337385559
> Serious Sam
> proper classic FPS

It's a great game and all, but it plays nothing like the greats like Blood, Quake, or Powerslave.

It's just an kill-em-all arena shooter where you fight hordes of enemies, without any of the intricate level design that makes for interesting combat/exploration scenarios.
>>
File: mega bitch.jpg (128 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
mega bitch.jpg
128 KB, 900x675
>>337385632
>
Then why aren't people okay with nuDOOM? Things change over 20 years, for better or for worse, but games should be judged on their own merits rather through the eyes of nostalgia.
Because in its own merits its a fucking abysmal game

No, I don't want to have to spend 10 hours upgrading to actually go a little bit fast. No, I don't want your glory kills. And no, I don't want your healing kills. Fuck off

>>337386246
Found the shill
>>
>>337386246
>because people here do nothing but complain about everything
But people love discussion of Overwatch, Uncharted, Battlefield 1, and Dark Souls.

We don't hate games, we hate shit games.
>>
>>337383710
After episode 2 it becomes incredibly linear it might as well be a straight line. The movement controls are awful, it penalizes you for saving and has platforming sections that are so easy to fuck up the checkpoint system becomes annoying as fuck, and the combat is dull because the enemies are not well designed or interesting to fight like Doom's enemies are. The game is not very good. Only the music is good because the original had a GOAT soundtrack but half of the updated versions sound worse. Thankfully there's an option to use the old soundtrack.
>>
>>337385632
>That was true for the first few months, but it's been fixed and is totally playable now.
LOL no
>>
>>337386829
There aren't any upgrades to speed aside from the "speed boost after glory kill" rune.
>>
>>337383710
>hy then did everyone ignore this title back when it was released (and even now)

/v/ was all over this game when it was released, fucking retard.
>>
>>337386936
>We don't hate games, we hate shit games.
>Overwatch, Uncharted, Battlefield 1

lol irony xD
>>
Shadow Warrior remake is pretty fun... too easy though. Hope it gets harder.
>>
File: combo.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
combo.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337383710
I haven't touched it, but it honestly looks like shit.
It's basically "hey look, it's that epic FPS back when shooters were for real men"
While actually failing at being a good game.

Picture related didn't feed off nostalgia, and I loved it.
>>
>>337384534
Thats hilarious, if it was Doom people would say the literal same thing about it being a shit 20 year old game.
>>
>>337387834
How is this game compared to SW2013?

It's in my Steam library through Humble but I haven't been able to push myself to play it because it looks too damn slow.
>>
>>337389631
it's the exact same shit.
>>
>>337383710
ROTT was never good and outdated when it was released.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.