[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize to Dark Souls 2.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 2420857-2571372632-Dark-.jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
2420857-2571372632-Dark-.jpg
148 KB, 694x362
Apologize to Dark Souls 2.
>>
Two was, and still is, an awful game.
Three is not as good as one, but far better than two.
>>
Good game
>>
im sorry you were downgraded
>>
Apologize to this

*unzips dick*
>>
>>337371825
I always liked relaxing in Majula. I could spend an eternity there as an undead - such a tranquil place.
>>
>>337371931
Three has complete garbage covenants. The worst of their souls like titles.
>>
>>337371931
I'd say it's not as good as the first one, but at least it manage to stay good the whole time, whereas DS1 shat itself after O&S.
>>
>>337372109
The chaotic PvP is fun for everyone but edgy tryhard invader faggots.
>>
>>337372064
You couldn't, you would go completely hollow :')
>>
I have nothing to apologize for as the only thing I really disliked was how Soul Memory was handled. After the first playthrough it should stop functioning. It was an attempt to stop twinking and worked but then it just fucks up PvP later on.
>>
I never hated on DS 2 and now that Stagger Souls 3 has crash landed I appreciate it even more
>>
>>337372339
I don't like how they designed levels worse and made up for it with the "Things stop dying eventually" bullshit.
In fact I really hate that.
>>
>>337372057
*Unsheathes katana*
*Teleports behind you*
Dodge this.
>>
Dark Souls 3 is weaker than 2 mechanically. They took a huge step backwards for no real reason and removed a bunch of shit that 2 improved. The only improvement from 2 to 3 was removing soul memory and improved level design.
>>
>>337372219
I would be a happy hollow.
>>
>>337372187
PVP is broken.
Also, why is there no gravelord covenant?
>>
>>337373131
>I can't get good at PvP
>Therefore it's broken
>>
>>337372684
This.
and its because of those mechanical flaws that I just can't enjoy dark souls 3 as much as I should.
>>
File: dark-souls-2-pc-coop-1-1024x576.jpg (139 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-2-pc-coop-1-1024x576.jpg
139 KB, 1024x576
such beautiful and interesting areas in DaS II...
>>
File: 1452462071840.png (2 MB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452462071840.png
2 MB, 986x1000
>>337371825

2 had shit level/boss design and terrible game mechanics like SM and everything being horribly slower. That said, it did introduce some cool things like bonfire ascetics, working covenants with decent rewards, being able to invade a nig even hollowed and if the boss was cleared and some other good shit. I'm disappointed that DaS3 took several steps back in this regard, since 2 had some good ideas in the making.
>>
>>337373418
As opposed to DS3
>The cathedral in the woods
>The cathedral in Canada
>The cathedral in a castle town.
>>
I tried to give it another go today but at the menu i realized it's not worth spending another 20hours to understand and/or edit keyboard and mouse settings.
>>
>>337371825
Stop.
>>
>>337373418
>tfw there was a time when you would unironically attune lightning spears
Not worth the fp in 3. Also,
>wanderer coat
At least they removed the green shit from the cloranthy ring.
>>
>>337372658
Nothin personnel kid.
>>
>>337373734
that pic you posted is complete shit.
>>
The only thing I miss is the covenant rewards.

I'm finished with covenants after one Saturday night, at least in DaS2 I had something to play for - auras were pretty shiny.
>>
>>337374408

ur shit
>>
I'm sorry I didn't like your shitty covenant invasions and didn't enjoy getting forcefully getting teleported into a world full of traps + enemy monsters + an enemy player.

Or that lava castle + volcano on top of that windmill
>>
Dark Souls 2 is literally the Star Wars prequels. A masterpiece that the internet decided to meme on and make it look like shit.

Dark Souls 3 has no soul. Made by committee. At least Dark Souls 2 was original and took risks but the internet decided to hate on it for no reason
>>
No need to apologize since I put over 700 hours into it and it's the best game of the souls series. Miyazaki threw out everything great that 2 did so he could play it safe and milk 3 with shitty mechanics and animations from 1 for the nostalgia fags.
>>
I have nothing to apologise for. I have always loved you and you will always remain my favourite Souls game and one of my favourite adventure games of all time.
>>
File: 1448138103975.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448138103975.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>337374667
it seriously looks like it was drawn by some manga obsessed weeb degenerate who probably has a foot fetish and spends hours making waifus in souls games. pathetic.
>>
Friendly reminder that DSII is awful in pretty much every way and DSIII is so much better because it removed everything 2 added and stuck to the first games model much more.

That being said, DS3 has shit tier PvP because of how similar it is to 2. They should've went fallout new vegas and made it exactly like dark souls 1 with more content
>>
File: 1366629954854.jpg (12 KB, 212x254) Image search: [Google]
1366629954854.jpg
12 KB, 212x254
>>337374828
>forcefully getting teleported into a world full of traps
>tfw dungeon master of a +7 ascetic'd gauntlet with rare items hidden here and there
>watching it all from the exit while chameleon'd
>all those deaths from being rushed by the wolf/rats and underestimating my dorf buddies
Best covenant. Shame there was only one good dungeon. The majula pit was kinda shit.
>>
>>337375115
Little confusing, the PvP is in dark souls 3 is like the pvp in 2, but everything else is perfect Because it's like 1
>>
>Update DaS 1
>Give it a not shit PC port
>Redo the rougher parts of the graphics
>Add quality of life improvements like using multiple soul clumps at once

There, I just made the best Souls game ever.
>>
>>337375283
>Make Demon's Souls 2
ftfy
>>
>>337371825
Apologize for making this thread again
>>
>>337372064
I fucking love Majula. So comfy and melancholic at the same time.

https://youtu.be/p9hoAyx3-0I
>>
File: FUME_KNIGHT.png (811 KB, 773x1025) Image search: [Google]
FUME_KNIGHT.png
811 KB, 773x1025
Best in series
all the memesters can suck FumeUGS
>>
File: viper.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Dark Skid Poo was never and will never be good.
I wish I could take all it's AIDS enabler fans and throw them off a cliff. Truly a blight
>>
>>337373746
>the cathedral in canada

kek
>>
>>337371825
after ds3 I miss ds2, but I don't know if I want to go back to ds2s terrible level design, bosses and enemy ai.

I just miss all the things it actually improved upon the 1st game:
>almost all weapons were viable
>character creation with most options
>could go to almost any area you wanted right from the start so if you had a certain build in mind you could get it right away and then play the rest of the game with it without going NG+
>NG+ actually had new enemies and equipment
>could use bonfire ascetic to get most ng+ equipment as well as refight bosses(which would have been nice in the souls games with actual good bosses)
>repair powder actually mattered. having a secondary weapon was encouraged because of weapon degradation, so you could actually try out more weapons
>and lets not forget Power Stancing essentially doubling weapon move sets

It gave the player so many options. It just sucks that those options couldnt really be used on anything good and it sucks even more that both Ds3 and BB dismissed all of it and in some cases were even more lacking than ds1 in players choice
>>
>>337375469
>btw never played it but i dont have to. a 0 review on metacritic called it the worst game ever haha lol
>>
File: 1439578021317.jpg (131 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
1439578021317.jpg
131 KB, 786x1017
Dark Souls 2 deserves the response it got.

It did some things right, and it did a lot of things wrong.

It just so happens that the things it got right are things that Dark Souls 3 managed to fuck up.
>>
>>337375283
This. If they could have just kept making DS1 I would have been happy. DS3 was a step in the right direction in most ways.
Glad it's the last game though.
>>
>>337372684
>>337373271
Care to name some mechanics?
>>
Who exactly, aside from faggot OP, is behind this push to revise history and make DaS2 out to be anything other than the bland rushed shitty game it is?
>inb4 BUT DaS3 HAS BAD THINGS TOO
Doesn't matter. DaS2 is still objectively the worst souls game. Crying about DaS3's covenants or how it's aesthetically too similar to BB in some areas does nothing to redeem DaS2
>>
I had fun playing Dark Souls 3
I didn't have fun playing D*rk Souls 2
>>
Would Dark Souls 2 receive as much hate if it was set in a different universe and called something different like King Souls?
I loved the setting but it is all a lot more high fantasy and surreal than 1.
>>
>>337375657
>Ascetics, not to respawn enemies but to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand (my personal favourite as a lefty)
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields actually improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and the pickaxe
>Pharros Lockstones and Fragrant Branches to manipulate the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning resistance while boosting your fire resistance
>NG+ didn't just increase enemy HP and damage, it added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison pools made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it, and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even if you were hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but as a result you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to Black Crystal to solo the boss
>>
>>337372150
>not liking Duke's Archives
>>
Just played it 15 mins ago to see how it holds up and its absolute shit. Even my wife walked past and laughed at the backgrounds, movement animations and attack animations. The whole game is sluggish as fuck and generally a bore to play.
>>
>>337375932
Yeah probably.
>>
I think mechanically 3 is a lot better and it feels better to play but at the same time it had a lot of the typical one step forward and two steps back shit that this series always has. I still don't think 3's level design was that good. 1 is still better despite being an unfinished game. Painted World and Sen's Fortress shits all over anything in 3.
>>
>>337371825
Ds2 had
>best npc dialogue, best lore
>best setting
>best armor design
>armor has unique perks
>guard breaks
>dual wielding
>magic is useful
>bonfire ascetics
>ng+ mixes things up so it isn't just a trek through the game on easy mode with endgame gear

Ds3 was a big step back from Ds2 and BB. Weapons and armor look like shit, magic is useless, lore is a mess. Most of the praise is from people who thought ds2 was absolute shit.

Best thing for them is to end the series and just start doing single game installments. They could do a Christian mythology demon hunting game in the Victorian era or earlier. A modern day Men in Black alien hunting game would also be pretty bad ass.
>>
File: american-psycho-bateman[1].jpg (62 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
american-psycho-bateman[1].jpg
62 KB, 600x327
>>337371825

dark souls 2 is a much better RPG than dark souls 3, the level design and some enemies are fucking ASS, but the character dialogue is sublime, the story actually goes somewhere, the firekeeper changes dialogue multiple times throughout the game, shalquoir is fantastic, Vendrick has cool as fuck dialogue, same goes for Aldia and FEEBLE FUCK best npc of the whole fucking series, the degree of control of your character is also MUCH better, in dark souls 2 you roll like a human would, every animation is completely motion capped and looks natual, in dark souls 3 you hop like a fucking bunny and it's fucking retarded, power stancing was MUCH better than the crap 2 weapons we have in 3, not to mention that the speed of dark souls 3 enemies is tailored to long sword R1 spam only, no poise doesn't help either, dark souls 2 works much better, I seriously hope people realize that the only thing dark souls 2 lacked was cool level design and some better tweaks to some enemies, otherwsie it's a lot better a sequel than dark souls 3 in every fucking way possible.

If the level designer of bloodborne/dark souls 3 did dark souls 2, you faggots would be all over dark souls 2 while shitting on 3, I can fucking guarantee it to you.
>>
>>337376163
>best npc dialogue, best lore
I can agree, or at least accept, the rest, but what the fuck are you on? NPCs are the flattest they ever were. Once they get to Majula they just "end"
>>
>>337371825
You made a type OP. What you meant to say is to apologize FOR Dark Souls 2. I mean really it should be done every day for the rest of human existence, as it is LITERALLY the WORST game of all time. Everything about this game is a stain on society. Every copy of the game should be burned but sadly that isn't possible because of digital. Still it's an absolute shit that should be reviled with nothing more than disdain for being PURE FUCKING SHIT!
>>
>>337375949
Those all definitely improvements, but I can't but feel that none of them are enough.

I played Vanilla once including DLC, and SOTFS once also to completion. But I can't imagine a scenario where I would ever play the game again. Pretty much the only thing I like about the game is how fucking huge it is. Both plays combined took me 100 hours. I also have 100 hours in DaS3, which I have beaten over 6 times.
>>
>>337375657
Rat covenant was neat.
being summoned by the Mirror Knight was neat.
NPCs had more dialogue and would say "Oi!" or something if you walked away without saying goodbye.
NG+ wasn't just rings, it was new enemies and boss souls (and the duke's dear freja appearing earlier), DS3 could have chosen to build upon this but it just went with the rings and different loot souls in NG+.
An actual poise system
Secrets.
>>
>>337376405
XD
>>
I wish DaS had more areas like Majula. Obviously the world is fucked up but you can't tell me there aren't more areas where normal people still live
>>
Most of the criticisms are valid, but the sound design doesn't get enough shit for how much it deflates the experience. Almost every weapon and enemy contact has the same couple of noises, which sound like hitting a pillow underwater. Nothing felt satisfying because every weapon sounded weak.
>>
>>337371825
Sorry DS2
>>
>>337376163
>best lore
Was it? I didn't really care for anything DS2 introduced, but neither do I care much about DS3 since half of it is "IGNORE WHAT HAPPENED IN 2, HERE'S 1 AGAIN" without really addressing any of the questions that were left unanswered.
>>
File: 1455976636817.png (495 KB, 469x750) Image search: [Google]
1455976636817.png
495 KB, 469x750
>>337371825
I'm sorry i've been playing das 3. You're sill my favourite and it's just helping me appreciate you more.
>>
>>337376389
as opposed to Dark Souls 1 where they just die.
In a game that doesn't force you into NG+ because of online maybe dying NPCs isn't the smartest idea
>>
>>337371825
srry bb
>>
>>337376438
>DS2 NG+
Fuck me I can't believe they fucked that up in 3. That shit is unforgivable. DS3 has the worst NG+.
>>
>>337376463
This is one of my biggest problems with the souls series in general. It's supposed to be about the world falling to ruin, but most of the time it's so bizarre and hostile I can't imagine it EVER being hospitable in the first place.

Only Bloodborne seemed to address this, with the beginning having people shut away from the hunt that would talk through their doors.
>>
>>337376358
>the level design and some enemies are fucking ass
Isnt that pretty much the entire game? The rest are throwaway remarks.
>>
Playing it through for the first time and it feels so ugly and uninspired compared to the design of the first one. Everything is too fucking orange, kind of like how everything in 3 is blue.
The torch mechanic got old after the first area, I cucked the dragonrider after about 10 tries and beat the first giant. The game seems fucking gay so far and I don't know if i should keep going or just uninstall it and download ds3 instead.
>>
File: ng.png (13 KB, 797x927) Image search: [Google]
ng.png
13 KB, 797x927
The /v/ hipster alliance is in full force again I see.
>>
>>337376163
false, worst NPCs in the series
false, shitty, bland, boring and colorless areas, put together by what it seems like a 12 year old child
false, armor and weapons looked like plastic trash
that was nice, actually
3 has those too
3 has dual wielding, but no power-stance
so is magic in 3
it's shit
very minor changes, BB doesn't have any new game+ content at all, for that matter

Kill yourself.
>>
>>337376669
They die, but their story progresses to the point of death. In 2 you've got a bunch of characters who have stories but they just stop with no resolution, death or otherwise.
>>
>>337371825
why? dark souls 3 exposed 2s flaws even more
>>
>>337376814
>The game seems so fucking gay

Underage detected. Gay isnt an insult when you realise women are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>337376848
>so is magic in 3
Magic blows in Dark souls 3 until you're basically at NG+ levels.
>>
>>337376847
Fuck you I liked this series before it got mainstream.
You've probably never even heard of Demon's Souls.
>>
>>337376814
its gay
>>
File: download.jpg (147 KB, 1000x1066) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
147 KB, 1000x1066
I liked II more than III.

Sue me. II was as memorable as I to me, while III is mostly just a blur.
>>
>>337376848
see >>337375949
Then proceed to kill yourself.
>>
>>337371825
why? its shit
>>
>>337376163
>best NPCs
it easily had the worst until BB and then ds3 decided to trump BB with that too.
>>
File: me rn.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
me rn.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
No need to apologize. Dark Souls 2 is my favourite after all!

Now if you'll excuse me I need to grab a kale shake and caramel Machiatto before I ride my bixie bike to my college media/photography classes.
Then I'm going to go put on my favourite saggy beanie and hemp shorts while I vape, jerk off and listen to my Depeche Mode vinyls.

PS: Skyward Sword is the best Zelda. Wake up and learn to go against the hivemind, SHEEPLE.
>>
>>337371825
Fuck you. DaS2 should apologise to me.
>>
File: 1429031872.05706101.jpg (145 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1429031872.05706101.jpg
145 KB, 1111x597
>>337377097
>mfw PCucks call the game with the best atmosphere in the whole series "Hipster Souls"
>mfw they will never, EVER play it
>>
Souls 3 being total garbage doesn't retroactively make Souls 2 a good game, it just means that both are shit and Fromsoft royally fucked up.
>>
>>337377475
A ps3 costs like 50 bucks. If someone wants to play Demons they can.
>>
Dark Souls 2.

>less linear
>better balance
>entirely original, does its own thing story-wise as opposed to 1 and 3 being basically the same
>best PC version bar none
>no retarded difficulty spikes halfway through the game
>hardest content is optional
>consumable healing items allow for no-bonfire runs without necessitating farming
>good variety in weapons and tactics
>powerstancing
>fixed magic and pyromancy allowing you to faceroll your way through the game

It was certainly the best game, in terms of features and mechanics

All critics have to respond to all of this is

>muh downgrade
>>
>>337376943
*I casually nod and drop you a wink*
*tips fedora*
>>
>>337377689
They won't though.
You can find plenty of those people on steam forums, shit talking demon's souls because they can't play it.
Bloodborne too.
>>
>>337377779
>downgrade
Mentioned by one poster
>>
>>337377779
>>less linear
But more linear than both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
>>better balance
Tempered by the fact that the shitty movement made the weapons and the game in general not fun to play. Replacing the fast, responsive, tight controls with minimalist animations from DeS/DaS with the clunky movement and LMAOSOEPIC animations was by far the worst part of the game.
>>entirely original, does its own thing story-wise as opposed to 1 and 3 being basically the same
3 being a continuation of 1 does not retroactively make 1's storyline generic. Demon's Souls also has a completely unrelated story, and the thing that it shares in common with Dark Souls is that the story is cohesive and relatively clearly explained through a variety of channels. The Souls formula for plot is supposed to be "explain the main story clearly but let the player discover the world on their own". Dark Souls 2 B team devs misinterpreted this as "make everything in the game vague and unexplained to give the illusion of depth".
>>best PC version bar none
Do you mean in technical terms? Because 3 is objectively better in that regard.
>>no retarded difficulty spikes halfway through the game
Yeah, the whole game was just piss easy. Git gud.
>>hardest content is optional
The other games do this too.
>>consumable healing items allow for no-bonfire runs without necessitating farming
All healing items in Demon's Souls were consumable and Dark Souls had consumable humanities. I agree this is an issue in 3 though.
>>good variety in weapons and tactics
see above point about the game just not being fun to play regardless
>>powerstancing
Actually a good addition.
>>fixed magic and pyromancy allowing you to faceroll your way through the game
Whereas in Dark Souls 2 you can faceroll your way through the game with everything because it's easy as fuck.

It's the weakest game in the series whether you like it or not, and it's funny that you bring up "mechanics" since that's where the game fucks up most.
>>
>>337377779
Those are a lot of positives, and I wont refute them, but it has a lot of negatives too.

>awful weapon durability
>cracked red eyes only
>soul memory
>crow RNG instead of fixed trades
>nonsensical world layout
>enemy swarms = difficulty
>samey and uninspired bosses
>hyper tracking
>adp

DLC excluded of course, it did a good deal of things better. But we haven't seen 3's DLC yet either.
>>
>>337371825
apologize for forcing your shit
>>
Dark Souls 2 is so good. The core mechanics are definitely the best in the Souls series. Poise works how it should have in 1, mostly as hyper armor and with heavy armor users able to tank a couple of weak hits without staggering. The dual wielding and off hand mechanics worked, again, like they always should have. Invading mechanics are also great, invaders can't heal and when they invade white phantoms can't either. Add with extremely punishable estus and it's the best system.

The encounter design in 2 is definitely the best part of the game, yeah I fucking said it. These games are ONLY hard with multiple enemy encounters. When the fuck is a 1on1 hard except bosses? The game actually made you fucking adapt which I think WAS the point of the series but it got lost track of. Shrine of Amana is the best area in the base game, forces you to actually fucking think. Dodge rhythmically, use cover to move up, dispatch enemies as they come. You can also use the torch to aggro the water guys from far way so they won't fuck with you while you move up on the casters and also use it to see edges in the water. That's another thing, the torch was used pretty well. The Gutter, the Misty Woods, Shrine of Amana, Brightstone Cove, I'd say that's pretty good and it's fun to light sconces. And then the DLC areas kick the ever living shit out of the rest of the series.

I think I know why 2 wasn't well received. To people, Dark Souls isn't a game but an 'experience'. Because Dark Souls 2 didn't focus on muh interconnected world and other softer elements it's vilified. These games are seen not as games, but status symbols. It's all posturing. And then Dark Souls 2 comes along, far harder than the first, focuses on being a game before anything else, and these non casuals pretending to be gamers get blown the fuck out and do anything they can to blame the game.
>>
>>337378795
apologise for your face
>>
For me personally
DaS > BB > DaS 2 > DeS > DaS 3
The only good thing about 3 is the PvP.
>>
File: rdh.jpg (161 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
rdh.jpg
161 KB, 1136x640
I'm sorry this happened to you Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>337379018
fuck off I'm beautiful
>>
>>337378943
Except it's easier.
Also, it's bad.
>>
>>337378943
DLC areas aren't that hard, Bloodborne is harder.
>>
>>337378943
>tedious and lazy forced difficulty makes it better guyz!
>>
>>337379260
It is not fucking easier. I dare you to play Dark Souls 1 after playing 2. You can literally circle strafe every single fucking enemy and spam R1 till they die. Yes, even enemies you can't backstab. I think the ONLY exception to this is the skeleton dogs. Go through Anor Londo, it is entirely 1on1 fights with brain dead knights that cannot even begin to harm you if you've played the game at least once. Undead Burg/Parish, Duke's, Painted World, some parts of Giants, and parts of Oolacile are the only areas you can possibly die in. Go back and play 1, it is a fucking cake walk. 2 and 3 are magnitudes harder even if you think they're easy.
>>
>dark souls 2 gets shit for reusing stuff from das 1
>dark souls 3 uses entire areas, enemies, fucking character models and animations from das 1 and it's fine
>dark souls 2 gets shit for having phoned in bosses
>wolnir, greatwood, vortd, deacons, crystal sage, old demon king, yhorm, dragonslayer armor, reused gundyr and ancient wyvern are okay though
>dark souls 2 gets shit for boring locations
>road of sacrifices, farron keep, smouldering lake, profaned capital, anor londo, consumed king's garden and untended graves are fine though
>dark souls 2 gets shit for feeling bad to play
>dark souls 3 being bloodborne fast with none of the elements that make bloodborne fun is fine
>dark souls 2 gets shit on for having boring characters who dont do anything
>dark souls 3 has boring characters that dont do anything and dont even say anything new for most of the game and its fine

woah that miyizaki sure is a magical fellow
>>
>>337379543

>I beat the entire game by dragging the enemies far away from their home and then hitting them when they backed up.
>Why is this game so tedious and boring?

I bet you use a bow, too.
>>
Damn I was gonna get a PSQuad for DS3 but apparently it's bad. Fuck me senpai
>>
>>337379690
You know there are plenty of factual problems without you just making shit up and going full OPINIONS.
>>
>>337379951

No game in the entire series has been worth buying a console for.

No game ever was worth buying a console for.
>>
>>337380131
I bought a PS3 for Demon's Souls. I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne. I don't regret either purchase.
>>
>>337371825
I enjoyed this the most in terms of game time and builds. NG+ was great, it was different to vanilla. It was the best Fashion Souls. I found the lore way more interesting as it was different and wasn't a rehash of DS1 like DS3.

DS1 has a better first half and art design but completely shits itself in the last half.

DS3 is even more linear than DS2, has god AWFUL weapon designs, boring level design and way easier content than the previous games. Lothric and Pontiff are god tier.
>>
>>337377371
Strawman meme level over le 9000 Cx
>>
And that's why my list will always be right

DaS3=DaS2=DaS1>DeS

Every game after DaS1 improved and fucked up to the point where I don't consider them better than their predecessors.
>>
>>337382745
It's also accurate. Which is nice.
>>
>>337371825
I'm sorry
>>
>>337371825
I'm sorry people are still trying to shove you down people's throats two years after release in order to try and validate their own opinion of you, which ultimately leads to shitposting.

You're the worst of the series but you're not a bad game in your own right.
>>
File: 20160512_122145-1.jpg (4 MB, 2076x2408) Image search: [Google]
20160512_122145-1.jpg
4 MB, 2076x2408
I will never appologize
>>
>>337376886
Tbh it's nice to once see npc's in Das that are always there so the hub isn't so fucking empty
>>
i'm sorry dark souls 2.
you made for some fantastic pvp experiences and your DLC was good.

you had some pretty cool ideas but also some awful ideas. but i was able to appreciate you for what you were.

i cant come back to you though because of your horrible hitboxes and magnet grabs
>>
>>337372339
This is the only thing that I absolutely fucking hated about DS2.

Everything else can be forgivable. Hell even the nothing but Humanoid bosses.
>>
File: 1444233891108.jpg (26 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1444233891108.jpg
26 KB, 500x378
>>337377779

You are objectively correct.

/v/ is just counterculture anyways.

DS2 was far more memorable.
>>
>>337384429
please tell me there's a JAV where a tiny man is molested by giant titty monster Gwynevere
bonus points if he attempts to parry/roll an attack
>>
>>337376549
What was left unanswered to you?
>>
>>337373734
2 was faster than 1. You could try a little harder to reach into your memory banks.
>>
>>337372109
>garbage covenants
Better than making every invasion covenant other than bellfry irrelevant and making it impossible to advance in the brotherhood of blood because
1.Nobody plays Way of the Blue
2.Nobody plays blue sentinel
3.Even if 1 and 2 weren't true, there's no complete red eye orb to make invasions commonplace
>>
sorry your PvE content was dogshit and I do not give a single fuck about the PvP content in Souls games.
>>
>>337378698
>>enemy swarms = difficulty
>>samey and uninspired bosses
>>hyper tracking

3 does these
>>
>>337377779
Oh fuck off with your HURRR NO BONFIRE RUNS bullshit.

If you're good enough at the game to play without bonfires then you're good enough to fucking beat it without leveling up or chugging Estus, people did it with DaS1.
>>
>>337386174
No, it really doesn't. 3 doesn't have turntable enemies, or massive swarms of enemies, not to mention DS3 has variety besides "Large man in armor with a slow weapon". I like DS2 but DS3 is just straight superior.
>>
I'll apologize to it once it apologizes to me for basically having eight way movement and floaty, shitty, Devil May Cry 2 tier attack animations
>>
>>337386346
not him but DaS2 and 3 are about equal in terms of having large armor guys and actual creative monsters.
>>
>>337386346
>turntable enemies, or massive swarms of enemies

it does though
Play the game maybe
>>
>>337386529
I've not seen a single enemy that I could sprint around with them literally following my movement. at the same pace. And the only notably big swarm are actual garbage enemies like the rats or slimes at two giant's feet, where most of the kills you get are from the giant stomping them.
Unless you can provide examples that I've somehow forgotten?
>>
>>337386529
Oh, and the actual trash enemies in the graveyard that are usually killed in a single light slap
>>
>>337386346
>>337386758
DS2 doesn't even throw as many enemies at you as 3 does though.
>>
I just got past the Royal Rat Authority and Freja, this game is just as great as the first. I am playing the SotFS edition.

The ghosts in the Shaded Woods, climbing down to the Gulch with my handy torch, killing trespassers in Grave of Saints.. Also I hated the torch mechanic at first, but now it's like a cool extra, lighting as many as I can.

Only big problem I have is how fast my spear breaks, but I can always just auto-repair it at every bonfire.
>>
>>337387147
Such as?
>>
>>337387275
Such as what?
>>
>>337371931
/thread
>>
>>337387661
An example? Where DS3 threw an unreasonable amount of enemies at you in lieu of an actual challenge.
>>
>>337371825
No. Fuck off. You are the worst Souls game.
>>
File: 1258092130219.jpg (36 KB, 175x231) Image search: [Google]
1258092130219.jpg
36 KB, 175x231
>>337376848
>so is magic in 3
>very minor changes

Nigga you so dumb
>>
>>337371825
Why does everybody seem to have such a major hateboner for this game? I played the first game and liked it, but I didn't look up this game until almost two years after its release and then apparently everyone seemed to hate it for some reason.
>>
>>337388028
I said it throws more enemies at you than 2.
I wouldn't say either throws an unreasonable amount, but I've only played the SotFS version of 2 so maybe the original is different.
>>
>>337371931
based retardbro
>>
Demon's Souls or Dark Souls?
>>
>>337388358
Nah 2 usually had you encounter several enemies all programmed to aggro as a group. Even some of the more memorable "That's way too many" moments in 3 like the ring around the rosie jailer circle is easily tackled with drawing them out in either small groups or one at a time. DS2 would aggro a group of 3 standing close to one another quite often.
>>
>>
>>337388028
Just off the top of my head, every fucking part of Smoldering Lake.
>5 ghru pyromancers in a hallway
>8 basilisks right before Knightslayer
>slimes that never ever come in groups less than 3
>4 dogs 1 room
>5 rats and a giant rat next to double illusory walls
>4+ motherfucking hyperspeed slimes IN THE LAVA
>there had to be 2 ninja-flipping double shotel skeletons next to the siege engine

It's almost like 3's whole theme is gank squads
>>
Dark Souls 2 remains the best souls game.
>>
>>337388627
I genuinely don't remember anything like this and I did two playthroughs of 2 recently.
>>
>>337388798
Say what you want about Dark Souls 2, but it had some pretty cool ideas.
Albeit they implemented them terribly,.
>>
I liked 2. But I hated SM. I play mostly for PvE and Co-op. So making me rush to get a ring to co-op was fucking annoying
>>
>>337375998
That place was was awful, only surpassed by lost izalith in terms of shit
>>
Crown of the sunken king was shit. Garbage bosses. How are the other expansions?
>>
>>337388613
Demon's Souls but only because I'm an oldschool From fag and actually liked dogshit like Eternal Ring and Shadow Tower 1
>>
>>337372684
>The only improvement from 2 to 3 was removing soul memory and improved level design.
and the graphics
and the enemies
and the bosses
>>
File: 1462249367218.jpg (29 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1462249367218.jpg
29 KB, 412x430
>no pure red eye orb
>>
>>337375998
>love the design
>hate the gameplay
>>
>>337389183
Don't worry, anon. I'm with you.
>>
>>337372684
The covenants and invasions are literally, empirically better now.
>>
>>337389190
The only thing the bosses in 3 had going for them was lore, other than that all but three were inferior to the bosses in 2.
>>
>>337375709
Zelda cycle
>>
>>337388939
>ghru pyromancers
You know that black knight you found? He hates those more than he hates you. They even gave you a hint by you discovering him burying his axe in a gru
>basilisks
Only a problem is you run through the area like a retard and draw aggro from multiple. They are all facing every whichway and you can easily pick them off one by one with literally 0 trouble
>slimes
You don't even fight these, you just run through.
>4 dogs 1 room
There were three of the quadrapedal ghrus in one room but those things are trash enemies
>rats
Entire thing can be skipped, and if you accidentally aggro the giant rat just don't approach the nest
>"Hyperspeed" slimes
What? I went lava diving and those things aren't even a threat.
>2 ninja flipping double skeletons
Of which only one will aggro at a time if you aren't an idiot about engagement.
>>
>>337376358
>the degree of control of your character is also MUCH better
>nonsense orthogonal deadzones
>better

>in dark souls 2 you roll like a human would, every animation is completely motion capped and looks natural
Funnily enough this was one of the more annoying things about the game, the mocapped animations made it feel like you were rolling through sludge, DaS 1 and 3 felt way snappier and more responsie.

>not to mention that the speed of dark souls 3 enemies is tailored to long sword R1 spam only
Git gud, seriously. Greatswords are shit but every other heavy weapon class is great in both pve and pvp
>>
>>337389063
Straight off the top of my head, most of the groups of knights/mages in shrine of amana. Dragonkeeper Knights. Those goddamned elephant statues on the way up to drangleic.
>>
>>337389724
I think greatswords are actually one of the best PvE weaponclasses. At least, greatswords with the claymore moveset.
>>
>>337389598
Ah, so you agree? That "challenging enemies" has been dropped in favor of "there sure are lots of enemies".
>>
File: 1375142647108.jpg (106 KB, 689x721) Image search: [Google]
1375142647108.jpg
106 KB, 689x721
>>337371825
>mfw I bought ds2 sotfs after playing ds3 and Jesus Christ it's shit.
>>
File: Gargoyle%20Lancer.jpg (64 KB, 723x702) Image search: [Google]
Gargoyle%20Lancer.jpg
64 KB, 723x702
gargoyle and dragon fags got BTFO by DS3
>>
>>337375212
>everything else is perfect Because it's like 1
Except poise :^)
every complaint i have with 3s pve would vanish if poise worked
>>
>>337372658
*it was a hologram*
>>
Apologize why? I had a lot of fun playing Dark Souls 2. I liked all of the souls games just about equally except for Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>337389110
>Crown of sunken king was shit.
Your mother is shit. Shulva is probably the coolest area in any Souls game
>>
>>337389842
Anything with big numbers is good for PvE because everything is weak to dying in two hits.
>>
>>337389886
Every souls game has had large groups of shitty enemies. The only one that resembles the Dark Souls 2 approach of "Lets just put a bunch of medium difficulty enemies together and make them aggro at the same time" in your example is the 2 ghru pyromancers in the izalith corridor, and you flat out failed to comprehend what the game was telling you to do.
>>
Fuck 2, most boring, bland, and ugly game
>>
>>337390031
>except for Dark Souls 3
why anon?
>>
>>337389842
That's fair, I meant more that they have issues competing in pvp.
>>
When it comes to Dark Souls 2, everything it does is either an undeniable improvement over how DaS 1 handled it(NG+ improvements, Casting speeds affected by attunement not dexterity, Online connectivity), or a complete shit-the-bed moment (Soul Memory, putting enemies next to bonfires, no uncracked orbs).
>>
>>337374969
Does that make DS3 the force awakens?
>>
>>337390170
>Every souls game has had large groups of shitty enemies
No. There were a few set pieces in DeS and DaS that featured squads of enemies, but I just rattled off a half dozen examples in one area and your response was "here's how you deal with the multiple squads of enemies".
>>
>>337390249
Don't know, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I did any other game in the series. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I didn't have as much fun as I did while playing it. Maybe it's things like the length and how linear it is, or maybe it really just is because it's a reused formula.
>>
>>337390339
They do, but I'm trying nonetheless. Of course I have to offhand a fast weapon because otherwise I'd literally never land a last hit without either a parry or luck. The counter damage is pretty fucking insane though, a counter hit on a fully charged R2 hits 1000s, without the leo ring.
>>
>>337390540
>a few
DS1 didn't just have individual enemies out in the open most of the time.
DS2's problem is that it set aggro to apply to a group so that you couldn't just deal with them one at a time.
>>
>>337390832
I'll admit that it's easier to pull aggro on a single enemy in 3 than it is in 2. It's just not fun or even particularly challenging to sit 100ft away and plink at enemies with a bow and dispatch them one at a time, especially when there are fucking five of them.
>>
Is Bloodborne shorter or longer than DaS3?
>>
>>337391029
If it's a group of five, it's going to be a garbage enemy. I almost never in my entire first play through had to laboriously draw a group one at a time, with the exception of the jailer ring in the dungeon because I wasn't sure if they could kill you with their health drain.
>>
>>337371825

Dark souls 2 was and always will be, the worst of the series.
>>
>>337374969
>Star Wars prequels. A masterpiece

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

i bet you have a double digit IQ or you're a fucking kid born post 2000
>>
File: 1463067735415.webm (655 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463067735415.webm
655 KB, 640x266
>>337374969
>star wars prequels
>masterpiece
>>
Dark Souls 2 seemed to have kind of a neat pirate-thing going on. Was it just me? Lost Bastille, No-Man's Wharf, crossing the oceans, conquistador armor. Could've been more realized though
>>
>>337391180
>>
>>337391180
Google is your friend. It looks like the average bloodborne completion time is a bit longer, but shorter than dark souls 1 by a large margin.
>>
>>337391645
Thanks. Going with Dark souls 3 first
>>
Here's a list of why dark souls 3 is massively better than darks souls 2 and you can fuck off with these retarded threads already:

>Bosses have much larger movesets, and are more versatile in both multiphase mechanics, and utilise 360 degree movesets without resorting to spin2win tracking and broken hitboxes
>boss themes are both much more memorable and unique from one another, much more suited to the bosses atmospherically, and transition thematically as boss phases progress
>bosses all feel mechanically unique from one another in dark souls 3
>weapon arts
>a world design that visually makes sense in a genuinely rewarding way, you realise as you go to the top of farrons keep that you are on the same broken bridge that undead settlement has, you realise irithyll is in clear view when you are in undead settlement/high wall later, you can see the undead settlement towers from irithyll, you can see irithyll from smouldering lake
>whereas in dark souls 2 the vistas made little to no sense and world design was all over the place
>area design in 3 is both large and sprawling, with tons of shortcuts in ways that feel non-linear and open to further exploration, whereas in dark souls 2 areas were incredibly linear with very shit off-paths
>areas in 3 are visually much more spectacular, entering irithyll, entering archdragon peak, seeing the darksign sun from atop the grandarchives, seeing smouldering lake, entering pontiff sulayvahn's room, the work is so much more realised
>enemy and encounter design is both much more intelligent and versatile than dark souls 2, while also having better minibosses and much better justification for the habitation of enemies in their areas
>>
>>337392043

>the story/lore in dark souls 3 is a continuous progression throughout the game to retrieve the souls of cinder, the first act concerning the progression to the abyss watchers, the second focussing on yhorm and aldrich, while the third is the progression through lothric castle to get the twin princes soul to retrieve the flame. This gives the player a constant motivator throughout the game, and also actually serves a purpose made very clear, the flame needs to be relit, while also offering the subplot to develop as you explore the world.
>In dark souls 2 the main plot was a shambles, it was not presented clearly to the player and it was strung together incredibly poorly, "collect lord souls because for some reason or whatever you have to or something, so you can go get a ring from a guy to get a heart to get a kinship" it's nonsensical and pulled together so incredibly poorly, I can see absolutely no defence.
>That's not to say dark souls 2's subplots aren't somewhat decent sometimes, but the world feels a lot less engaging when it's presented so awfully
>Dark Souls 2's hitboxes are awful, wheras dark souls 3 has incredibly good ones
>dark souls 2's weapons were even more bland than dark souls 3 overall, with more weapons sharing similar movesets, and the abandonment of some of the actually good dark souls 1 unique feeling weapons

Overall, if you ever wanted a perfect example of quality over quantity, you needn't look further than Dark souls 3 to dark souls 2.
>>
>>337392043
>>weapon arts
Garbage compared to powerstance.
>>a world design that visually makes sense in a genuinely rewarding way, you realise as you go to the top of farrons keep that you are on the same broken bridge that undead settlement has, you realise irithyll is in clear view when you are in undead settlement/high wall later, you can see the undead settlement towers from irithyll, you can see irithyll from smouldering lake
Unimportant
>>area design in 3 is both large and sprawling, with tons of shortcuts in ways that feel non-linear and open to further exploration, whereas in dark souls 2 areas were incredibly linear with very shit off-paths
Too many short cuts
>>enemy and encounter design is both much more intelligent and versatile than dark souls 2
It's neither of those things, it's clear group of enemies or clear group of enemies but some are hiding
>>
does gedosato work for scholar of the first sin yet? i figure that since online is pretty much dead thanks to soul memory i might as well mod the textures and whatnot
>>
>>337392157
>>the story/lore in dark souls 3 is a continuous progression throughout the game to retrieve the souls of cinder, the first act concerning the progression to the abyss watchers, the second focussing on yhorm and aldrich, while the third is the progression through lothric castle to get the twin princes soul to retrieve the flame. This gives the player a constant motivator throughout the game, and also actually serves a purpose made very clear, the flame needs to be relit, while also offering the subplot to develop as you explore the world.
There is no motivator, there's no motivator in any of these games from a non-gameplay standpoint.
>>In dark souls 2 the main plot was a shambles, it was not presented clearly to the player and it was strung together incredibly poorly, "collect lord souls because for some reason or whatever you have to or something, so you can go get a ring from a guy to get a heart to get a kinship" it's nonsensical and pulled together so incredibly poorly, I can see absolutely no defence.
The only unclear part of DS2 is the ending
>>dark souls 2's weapons were even more bland than dark souls 3 overall
This is blatantly false.
>>
>>337392515
>unimportant
Yeah man it's not like it's embarrassingly bad for a volcano to rest on top of a windmill or for time of day to change within minutes. upon area transition.
>too many shortcuts
You what.
>>
>>337392815
>Yeah man it's not like it's embarrassingly bad for a volcano to rest on top of a windmill or for time of day to change within minutes. upon area transition.
Why does it actually matter though? People complain about this but why does it actually bother them?
>You what.
There are way too many shortcuts in DS3, the only place where the shortcuts felt justified was Cathedral of the Deep.
>>
>>337392813
>there's no motivator
>DS1, 3
THE FLAMES FUCKIN' GOING OUT, FIX IT
>DS2
You are hollowed, but there's no cure. So uh, seek the lord souls and go to Drangleic "Without really knowing why". Go on an incredibly unintuitive fetch quest.
>>
>>337393027
It was "Find the king to figure out how to fix this hollow shit".
>>
>>337391543
If DS2 was released last month it would have been a masterpiece.
>>
>>337393002
>why does it matter
Because world consistency is important.
>there are way too many shortcuts
How are they unjustified? Most shortcuts skipped 5-10 minutes worth of backtracking and around a dozen enemies.
>>
these are the aspects that das2 did right.

Free rolling
Backstab speed and damage
Powerstance
Upgrade system
Amount and method of obtaining Boss Soul weapons
Warp from the start
Cast Speed on ATTN
Armor scaling
Roll distance based on equip weight
More equip and item slots
Animation cancelling
Respec
Ascetic
Item Variety
Vastly more Armor variety
Online Matchmaking [Not SM]
Can move while using bows/crossbows
Can aim crossbows
Two-hand parry
Great/Ultra weapons have unparryable attacks
Guard break
NG+ additions make it more fun
Forlorn random invasions
NPC invaders that fight better but unfortunately also cheat a lot
>>
>>337393201
>i am hollow
>go get lord sould to go to drangleic
>alright the king is gone
>alright the king is hollow
After that motivation crumbles, as does the logical chain of events.
>>
File: 1444776368291.jpg (30 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1444776368291.jpg
30 KB, 720x480
>>337376438
>NG+ wasn't just rings, it was new enemies and boss souls (and the duke's dear freja appearing earlier), DS3 could have chosen to build upon this but it just went with the rings and different loot souls in NG+.

This upset me the most in DS3, why would they gut something so cool?
>>
>>337393602
To be fair the new enemies were almost universally shit.
>>
>>337393685

I just wish they improved upon it instead of removing it entirely
>>
>>337393685
yes but DS3 could have built upon that and done it properly

instead it simply didn't
>>
>>337393315
>Because world consistency is important.
Why?
>How are they unjustified? Most shortcuts skipped 5-10 minutes worth of backtracking and around a dozen enemies.
Because the distance between bonfires is almost fucking nothing, the longest bonfire-to-bonfire run I can think of is Archive's to Lothric and Lorian, and that's like 15 minutes at most.
>>
>>337393482
Hope in a hopeless situation was a part of the theme though, Emerald Herald wont shut the fuck about needing hope.
>>
>>337393813
>why is world consistency important
Because it's good for immersion, it's good for suspension of disbelief, it's good for "Plausibility" of a setting, it's good for your player to know what the fuck is going on, and it's a basic narrative requirement for a story to be consistent.
>>337393813
>the distance is almost nothing
Please go trek the full distance in most of the lategame shortcut heavy areas from bonfire to bonfire. Especially the archives, go that entire area to the lothric boss and see how many estus you are left with at the end.
>>
DS3 is nothing but pandering and fanservice. Took no risks and played it safe. DS2 is misunderstood and the sickest of iternet memes to hate on it
>>
>>337371931
2 had shit base content, great DLC.

2 still had much better gameplay than DS1 minus the durability glitch.

DS3 gameplay is DS2 with every negative gameplay aspect of Demon's Souls. Instead of durability bullshit it has poise bullshit, that Devs refuse to, and openly admitted to, not fixing. They also have zero plans to fix the awful anti-cheat detection software on PC.

However, unlike both DS1 and DS3, DS2 was closer to an actual PC port than both the other games.

Both DS1 and DS3 are shit ports. DS3 is less of a shit port because PS4/Xbone use x86-64 architecture for easier porting.
>>
>>337393482
What? It becomes clear that the King can't do shit so you must take up his mantle and fix things in his stead.
>>
>>337393986
"Hope" doesn't imply "Use this ring to go greet an ancient dragon, have that dragon give you an item with the ability to go into the memories of dead giant trees, and fight the ancient giant lord in mortal combat to get his "Kinship" so you can use the throne"
None of this is at all hinted at before you are already on your way to getting it.
>>
>>337394378
Fix what? None of this is your problem, when did you become a chosen hero and not some guy looking to stop melting?
>>
Has anyone found an explanation for the poise thing? Did they really print the game without turning on poise? Or was it an intentional design choice?
>>
>>337394401
It's an odyssey, you dumb nigga. And it achieves it very well.
>>
I honestly believe that no one who started the series with DAS2 could prefer the first over. The game just drips with nostalgia and you guys lap it up. I agree on a couple things like enemy design and area design, but to say mechanically it's better than 2 is just nonsense. DAS1 animations and mechanics just feel so unnatural and clunky to me, to the point where I just couldn't finish it because I was so uninterested after the lord vessel portions. 3 is good but they would have been better off building off of 2.
>>
>>337394520
>None of this is your problem.
Good thing DS2 has multiple endings then
>>
>>337394161
>Because it's good for immersion, it's good for suspension of disbelief, it's good for "Plausibility" of a setting, it's good for your player to know what the fuck is going on, and it's a basic narrative requirement for a story to be consistent.
It's a video game, the gameplay is the most important thing, the areas being connected in a way makes sense is not important at all. All it's good for is a quick "oh, neat."
>please go trek the full distance in most of the lategame shortcut heavy areas from bonfire to bonfire. Especially the archives, go that entire area to the lothric boss and see how many estus you are left with at the end.
You can easily dodge the enemies in this game, ESPECIALLY the enemies in Archives.
>>
>>337394658
It's the worlds most narratively convenient Odyssey. You just kind of stumble upon the next vital item trying to make progress in one way or another.
>>
>>337394520
It's a personal journey and you can choose to fuck the world and leave with your crowns of unhollowing.
>>
>>337394401
>King is supposed to be your hope of curing the curse
>King has a ring that unlocks a bunch of shit
>not going there to investigate
Hope would make you fucking try to the very end, man.
>>
>>337394569
It seems intentional, the pve and pvp are both designed around hyper armor and reenabling poise in the game's current state would probably break it completely. It's bizarre that they left the useless stat in when they shipped, though.
>>
>>337394764
>Hurr the game gives tou everything you need
welcome to videogames
>>
>>337394754
>the gameplay is all that matters
But having a good world accentuates the piece of media as a whole. Yeah, a movie's most important part is cimenatics, but if it's filmed on a terrible set you don't get to shit on people complaining that the background is clearly drawn in with a felt tip pen. A hilariously disconnected world is detrimental, not neutral.
>you can easily dodge enemies in this game
Go do it man, go achieve your dreams and perfect those archives.
>>
>>337394764
So just like every other epic. Don't see your point. You take a personal journey instead of it being ordained like in the other games.
>>
>>337394953
Most games give you a reason they are giving you the item or at least foreshadow the item being given. You just trip over the key items in 2.
>>337395038
But it is ordained, even the fucking cackling old lady was telling you how you'd end up at Drangleic "Without really knowing why". You don't get to the the player's desire to keep moving forward as some kind of post-hoc motivation for their character.
>>
>>>337371825
>ugly
>hitboxes
>boring
>b-team
community composed by 15yo contrarian kids
video related, it's you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3wZKbb0Pc
>>
>>337371825
How many more times are you planning on making this thread?
>>
ds2's plot line

>opening cutscene explains fuck all
>emerald herald explains fuck all other than "lol get some souls, who the fuck cares"
>through arduous hitboxing madness, I eventually retrieve the souls, and am directed to a superdoor which opens because of souls for no reason at all despite a waste high wall being crumbled next to it that I could very easily just jump over
>meet nashandra who is literally useless
>meet vendrick who does fuckall even after the dlc
>i now have a ring that let's me open more superdoors, that's cool
>I now have a heart that let's me travel back in time that's cool
>I now have a giants kinship whatever the fuck that means I can now finish the game through activation of a superbridge in a custcene

>DS3's story

>Opening cutscene
>details aldrich, yhorm and the abyss watchers awakening from their graves
>Awoken by a bell, spawn in a gravestone "I guess that's probably what happened to me!"
>meet ludleth
>you need to kill these four cunts because they're stopping the world from not being shit jesus christ just do it already
>proceed to kill and retrieve the cinders of lords
>activate them all
>firekeeper then teleports me to the kiln to relight the flame and stop the world from being shit

Dark souls 2 is a mess
>>
>>337395232
Your reasons for seeking Drangleic are personal, though. It's established in the intro. In the other games, you start as the Chosen One by default.

You're nothing special, just some guy seeking to cure his hollowing by any means necessary. And after you cure it, you can either fuck off or save the world until the next cycle.
>>
>>337395020
>But having a good world accentuates the piece of media as a whole. Yeah, a movie's most important part is cimenatics, but if it's filmed on a terrible set you don't get to shit on people complaining that the background is clearly drawn in with a felt tip pen. A hilariously disconnected world is detrimental, not neutral.
The difference is, the areas in video games only have to be enjoyable to go through, how they're connected doesn't matter, why they are the way they are doesn't matter, they just need to be fun.
>Go do it man, go achieve your dreams and perfect those archives.
Sure, you'll never be able to tell if I'm lying or not though.
>>
>>337395559
After you are told that there IS NO CURE your character should have fucked off, but they used the player's desire to finish a game to kind of project a reasonless determination on the player character. I mean there was literally 0 cure in the canon of the game until after the 3rd DLC.
>>
>>337395578
>video games only have to be FUN
You have astoundingly low standards for the media you consume.
>you'll never be able to tell that I'm lying
I can pretty much assume that anyone who labels things like "Consistency" unimportant aren't intelligent enough to type out a convincing lie.
>>
>>337395726
What is Hope in a Hopeless Situation? You were led to believe the King was the answer to your problems, why would you not investigate the places the King locked up to see if there's ANYTHING that can help you?
>>
>>337395927
>You have astoundingly low standards for the media you consume.
They do only have to be fun, what the fuck is your deal?
>I can pretty much assume that anyone who labels things like "Consistency" unimportant aren't intelligent enough to type out a convincing lie.
Tip your fedora harder.
>>
>>337395726
Why? They've got personal drive. If that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have plunged into the lake. The into established that you've got unstoppable motivation.

There's no reason why personal drive can't equal prophetic drive.
>>
>>337395726
If we believed every NPC, every game would have stopped at the first Crestfallen.
>>
>trying to argue the motivations of a player-created character
ayyy /v/ is a loony bin
>>
>>337389539
Most of 2's lesser bosses were super garbage but 3 really doesn't have anything interesting like the Demon King or Freya that force you to try playing the game a little differently instead of just locking on and holidng up your shield.
>>
File: 1463085721073.jpg (126 KB, 433x568) Image search: [Google]
1463085721073.jpg
126 KB, 433x568
>>337372684
Please stop with all this Dark Souls 2 bait. Please. I'm going to get triggered if you don't stop.
>>
>>337396998
I'd say ancient wyvern, wolnir, deacons of the deep, yhorm and greatwood fit the bill.

Unfortunately they're also the less engaging fights because of it, but I don't think anything as bad as old iron king exists in dark souls 3.
>>
>>337396939
>every souls game introduces your motivations in the intro cinematic and the tutorial are

Hmm.
>>
>>337396895
Prior to the third DLC, they were absolutely 100% correct, and even Vendrick was telling you that you're fucked.
>>337396316
Lots of people come to drangleic to try to cure themselves. None of them made it in the end, so obviously making the trek isn't any marker of above average determination.
>>
>>337397573
>prior to the story being complete, the story wasn't complete
>>
>>337396998
>freya
>play it differently
Hit it in the head
>Old Iron King
Hit him in the arm

Neither of these were massive gameplay mixups.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.