[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition for like $6 and while the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: knights.jpg (168 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
knights.jpg
168 KB, 742x960
I got Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition for like $6 and while the last boss was shitty as fuck it got me into wanting more high fantasy.

What's a story-rich and lore-rich high fantasy RPG with tons of fantasy races and shit? I need my elves and dwarves and orcs and shit. Maybe some that are more in the grey area with orcs and stuff? I like Warcraft's ideas but not really its implementation of its ideas.

Orcs are just another race and not a demon/monster race. I like the greyness is adds.

And I MUCH prefer third-person or first-person. Don't dig isometric if it can be helped.

Already played:
>Elder Scrolls
>Might and Magic
>Dragon's Dogma
>Dark Souls
>Some others I can't think of

On my list:
>Witcher 2 and 3 (hated the first one's combat)
>Gothic
>Kingdom of Amalur

Any suggestions? I'm in need. No MMOs, btw.
>>
I want to perpetuate the stereotype
>>
>>337360096
Everyone is just going to comment on the image you posted
>>
I want to suggest Betrayal at Krondor but it's not that "high fantasy" and you're fighting humans mostly.
Really good though.

Also Ultima and derivatives like Divine Divinity but those are isometric.
>>
Dark Messiah
Arx Fatalis
Severance: Blade of Darkness
>>
>>337360096
Skip KoA, its miserably unmemorable.
I always enjoyed WoW myself, find a private server that looks good and have fun starting an epic journey to 60-70-80ish, depending on the Xpac. Avoid Cataclysm though.
>>
>>337361374
>Dark Messiah
That's Might and Magic, dude.

>Arx Fatalis
Not bad but it didn't age well.

>Severance: Blade of Darkness
Looks really barren.
>>
File: 1462325113987.png (164 KB, 453x477) Image search: [Google]
1462325113987.png
164 KB, 453x477
>>337361834
> WoW
>>
>>337361834
>No MMOs
>>
>>337360096
Try Mass Effect. It's scifi instead of high fantasy, but it has all the weird races you're looking for, a shitload of lore explaining how shit works, and a lot of the game deals with political and personal relations between the various species. If you're OK with using guns instead of swords, give it a go.
>>
>>337362248
Loved the first. The second had better gameplay but worse writing than the first.

And I need to get over it but I'm still really fucking pissed about the third. Fuck. Worse than the first two in every way.
>>
This might sound weird but try Dishonored. It's got a lot of notes and shit that let you slowly discover the world Souls style. Very atmospheric, great voice acting, fun gameplay, some really cool mystical/horror elements.
>>
>>337363387
Loved Dishonored. Glad their making a sequel. Wish they would expand the world more, though. Maybe with a different genre.

Any other suggestions?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.