[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What date should we mark as the official beginning of the JRPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Kingdom_Hearts_Logo.png (2 MB, 3037x1947) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom_Hearts_Logo.png
2 MB, 3037x1947
What date should we mark as the official beginning of the JRPG renaissance?

The release date of FF15 or Persona 5?

Official list of JRPG Renaissance titles:
Final Fantasy 15
Persona 5
#FE
Ni No Kuni 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy 7 Remake

What else are we missing?
>>
>>337354569
Jrpgs died with the super nintendo
>>
>>337354670
Hence, a renaissance!
>>
>>337354569
SMT IV Apocalypse
World of Final Fantasy
EO 5
Dungeon Travelers 2-2
Atelier Sophie
>>
Star Ocean 5 is looking pretty promising
>>
probably shouldn't expect a Xenoblade game any time soon
>>
>>337354569
>Implying FF7R won't come before KH3
>>
How about some great new IPs, instead of endless sequels to decades old series?
>>
>>337354569
It doesn't matter

nu-/v/ (not to be confused with Neo-/v/) hates Japanese games
>>
>>337354569

Isn't it funny how people make this thread every year and have for a decade now

And not just threads, """journalists""" keep saying it too. You get equal helpings of "JRPGS are dead", "JRPGs are about to make a comeback", "JRPGs already came back" and "JRPGs were never dead in the first place".

It shows how hilariously out of touch most people are. Most people just plain have no idea what the current status of JRPGs is because they don't play them, and instead just parrot whatever they read on /v/ or gaming websites.

You could claim the JRPG renaissance happened every single year since JRPGs were invented just by making a thread like this and listing that year's games.

And let's not forget that some of the best JRPGs ever made came out at the time most commonly agreed to be when they were dead - see Xenoblade and The World Ends With You, for example.

Retards, all of you.
>>
>>337355464
But they're actually making a comeback now.

There's like 6-7 titles, judging by this thread, of high profile AAA status getting a release in the next year or two.

I can't remember at any point a time like this during gen 7.
PS3 only got a few sparing notable titles every other year.
>>
>>337355464
I'm not retard
You!
You're retard!
Fucking retard
>>
Star ocean 5 next month. 20 hours or not
>>
Nier automata.
>>
>>337355758
>tfw you're looking forward to Atelier Sophie more
>>
File: 1462509483074.jpg (103 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1462509483074.jpg
103 KB, 800x800
>>337355843
I actually have both limited editions ordered, along with odins sphere

June is a good month for ps4
>>
>>337356081
How much does the LE of SO5 cost?
>>
>>337356271
Pretty pricey I think, around $120 or something. It's on the square enix store
>>
I only have a casual interest in JRPGs.

Why is everyone shitting on World of FF? It looks like your standard JRPG with a monster collecting twist.
>>
>>337357017
it debuted between KH3 and FF7 remake i think

everybody thought they'd gotten cucked by some new chibi IP
>>
>>337355681

You mean all those games with numbers after them? That are all sequels or remakes in series that have constantly gotten games every other year?

There is NOTHING different about this year compared to any other year for JRPGs.

There have been multiple Kingdom Hearts games, Final Fantasy games, Persona games, Fire Emblem games, Etrian Odyssey games, Atelier games, Xeno games, Dragon Quest games, et cetera et cetera just in the past five years. Not to mention a bunch of actually original games, which there doesn't seem to be much in the way of this year.
>>
>>337357176
Sony used it as a fakeout before the FF7 remake reveal.
>>
File: 1434423491935.jpg (378 KB, 1440x676) Image search: [Google]
1434423491935.jpg
378 KB, 1440x676
>>337358365
>>337357017
It was one of the greatest ruses in E3 history.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.