[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: No-Mans-Sky.jpg (148 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
No-Mans-Sky.jpg
148 KB, 1024x1024
Haters get the fuck out.

Start your own fucking thread.
>>
S P O R E
>>
so what do you even do
>>
>>337346961
Gonna pirate your shit game, Mr Marketer
>>
>>337347317
Nothing and everything
>>
>>337347317
Survive. That's basically it. That's the gameplay variants there is, and it includes resources for shields, upgrades, ammunition etc, and you can also get it through trading inbetween planets/space stations/solar systems. Some mentioned upgrades are obviously hyperdrives, but there's also movement upgrades in terms of running, sprint speed and so on.

It's basically an exploration game with survival focus, but not very hardcore, just enough to make you have to think about how to get resources for everything.
>>
>>337346961
>it's not randomly generated

Absolute bullshit.
>>
>>337346961
>Start your own fucking thread.
hugboxes are more of a neogaf thing, kid
>>
File: 1453794614769.jpg (389 KB, 1576x1591) Image search: [Google]
1453794614769.jpg
389 KB, 1576x1591
>No meaningful multiplayer

Fuck your game Sean.
>>
>>337347317
literally ANYTHING you want to
>>
>>337347481
what if i just stands till ?

do i have hunger or anything like that?

if i stand still i am surviving so do i win?
>>
>>337347617
>no multiplayer
Ftfy
>>
>>337347641
can i fly in the same ship as my friend? can we explore together like that?

oh wait..
>>
>>337347532
It's random within a set of parameters, which includes hundreds of different animal skeletons, and everything from entirely barren planets to planets full of life and everything in between.

I mean, you could call it random since there are so many variables that are accounted for, for instance distance to star and so on.

>>337347657
Well, I guess that depends on what planet you spawn on. There's not really a hunger per se, but your shield requires resources to be gathered, or you to find a cave system to get shelter in, and it can be everything from extreme cold to toxic rain and extreme heat that uses your shield.

Or some carnivores can just come and eat you.
>>
>>337347317
First of all ignore this because it's wrong: >>337347481

The main objective of the game is to travel to the centre of the galaxy. You start off on the outer edge, and you must upgrade your guns, suit, and ship, in order to make the journey. Gathering resources helps you build upgrades. You can also buy things from the several alien factions in the game. These alien races have their own lore and backstory, and you can learn about this by discovering ancient runes inscribed with their language. If you learn their language you will get better deals from them. Or you can shoot their trading ships and steal the cargo.

>>337347657
It's not a survival game (as I said the guy above is wrong)

It's an exploration game.

>what if i just stands till ?
If you are on an inhospitable planet (very hot, or acid rain) you will lose health and die, unless you have the right suit upgrades.

>do i have hunger or anything like that?
As far as I'm aware, no.
>>
>>337347657
I don't think you need to eat. On cold planets you can freeze. But the main thing is exploration, and I guess getting to the center as some kind of larger goal. If that doesn't appeal to you, there's not much point playing the game
>>
>>337347781
Getting to the center is ONE of the main objectives, Sean has said countless times that it isn't the end, but some people will feel that it's the end of their journey, while some will still continue to explore and survive in the universe.

So no, we're both right. Getting to the center is your "main objective", however, it's not all there is to do in the game and for some, it'll just be their first point of interest to find.
>>
File: 215994_packshot_l.jpg (131 KB, 596x398) Image search: [Google]
215994_packshot_l.jpg
131 KB, 596x398
I get a warp drive with my pre-order. So can't I already reach the centre of all things and beat the game in like, 20 minutes?
>>
>>337347707
It is multiplayer in one sense, because you are all playing within the same galaxy (initially) and you can run into other players (which is extremely unlikely to happen at the beginning of the game, but could happen later on, when you get towards the centre)

But there are no multiplayer modes and you can't do anything with other people.
>>
>>337347781
>http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/no-mans-sky-hands-on/
>Murray compared No Man’s Sky to survival simulators like The Long Dark or Rust, highly popular games in which the point is just the enjoyment of surviving for surviving’s sake. And it seems, from this 30-minute demo, that recognizing No Man’s Sky as a survival game — spread over a huge universe — is important to understanding it.

You were saying?
>>
>>337347907

17 exactly

then you can continue eating dicks anon, dont worry
>>
reddit: the game
>>
>>337347907
No, the early hyperdrives only allow you to jump a couple of solar systems at a time.
>>
File: 1462705097561.gif (17 KB, 679x521) Image search: [Google]
1462705097561.gif
17 KB, 679x521
>>
Guys can't you read? He said no haters. Please follow the rules.
>>
File: jcxPQVI.png (313 KB, 500x297) Image search: [Google]
jcxPQVI.png
313 KB, 500x297
>>337347991
>>
>>337347918
>and you can run into other players

[Citation needed].
>>
>>337347964
>>337347781
>“The reality is, actually for some people discovering planets and things like that is an awesome thing,” Murray explained. “You’ve seen, if you watch some of our videos, there are awesome things to go out and find. There are a lot of possibilities in just amazing visuals and aesthetics that you can see — and for some people, that is enough. That is all they will ever want to do, is see the sunrise and the sunset or whatever.
“And there are other people for whom that’ll just be a kind of aesthetic glaze. They won’t care. Because all they care about when they land on a planet is ‘What resources are here? What can I mine? How can I use that to trade? How can I buy a bigger ship? Oh look, I’ve found a rich source of plutonium, and I don’t care that there’s a giant dinosaur standing in the way.”
>“What you were seeing [in the 30-minute demo] doesn’t quite get across the scale of experiences, as well,” he said. “You can say it about any game. Killed one guy in Call of Duty, why would I kill them all? Some of the favorite things I’ve seen are just people coming across massive battles between freighters or something like that, and joining in and having this real moment. They’ve gone through this experience of not seeing those things, landing on many barren planets, and then finding that one utopian planet. It makes it more meaningful, especially if they’ve had to battle for hours to get to that point.”

So yeah, survival with exploration focus.
>>
>>337348143
He's bullshitting, this is from the latest info, which is in the article linked in this thread, which compares it to Journey and Dark Souls leaving-message-esque.

>Hello Games is cagey on this point. For one thing, players start alone on distant planets in a huge universe, so the chances of ever running into anyone are slim anyway. As Murray has put it, No Man’s Sky is not a multiplayer game. One developer during the demo compared potential interactions with other players to those in Dark Souls — notes left behind for others to find, principally — or Journey, in which there are brief interactions with other players.

But both of those games include actually playing with other people, while No Man’s Sky’s website describes the experience as being “parallel” to those of others. In other words, it’s unclear just how interacting with other players might work. Since everyone is working their way toward the center of the universe, where the odds of intersecting are higher, and Murray has mentioned before that potential interactions with other players would be suitably momentous, it’s possible this is something the developers are being specifically unclear about to maintain a sense of mystery.
>>
>>337347918
THERE IS NO MULTIPLAYER AND YOU WILL NEVER EVER RUN INTO ANOTHER PLAYER CHARACTER. WHY CAN'T YOU FAGGOTS GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD
>>
>>337347907
>*While stocks last
>digital item
>ps4 only
kill self.
>>
>>337347887
>Getting to the center is ONE of the main objectives
It's THE main objective.
>So no, we're both right. Getting to the center is your "main objective", however, it's not all there is to do in the game and for some, it'll just be their first point of interest to find.
I mean you're right, it's a sandbox, so you can do whatever the hell you want. But the main objective of the game (if you wish to pursue it) is to get the centre of the galaxy.
>Sean has said countless times that it isn't the end, but some people will feel that it's the end of their journey, while some will still continue to explore and survive in the universe.
I think what happens is that you will be able to go to other galaxies once you get to the centre. He has said that there are multiple galaxies in the game, and he also said you all start off in the same one. And he's also said that something happens when you reach the centre, but he won't say what. So that's my guess.
>>337347964
Well fair enough, I just think it's better to describe it as an exploration game, I mean that's how he usually describes it. I guess there are elements of both but exploration is the main focus
>>
>>337346961
So I was pretty hyped with this game when I heard about it and saw the first videos.

But then all the gameplay didn't really show me much except that my job is to load information in a galactic Excel file.

What did I miss? I want to be hyped, it looks pretty but I just don't get what you do in it apart from walk around it and name procedurally generated creatures.
>>
>>337348283
And he also said that getting to the center isn't the end, it's just what you get to know from the start.

The intro is described like the end to 2001, and you'll know literally nothing except "the center is where you want to be". Not that "when you reach the center, end credits will roll" or that you'll get exp when reaching the center.

Something will happen, it won't be the end, but it CAN be a good ending for some.
>>
>>337347918
>It is multiplayer in one sense
yeah right like miiverse makes Zelda multiplayer.
>>
If the game had building (shelters, etc) I might have bought it. Doing all that mining shit just to get better ship upgrades and your suit isn't as fun.

Not that I'm blaming them for something they never intended the game to be I just wish it was more. For me I don't see this game being very fun passed the first couple of hours. If people enjoy it, I'm happy for them.
>>
>>337347641
Can I take a shit in a river?
If not then fuck this game
>>
>>337348283
If you'd say this was "an exploration" game and someone picked it up, and after three hours on their starting planet they were still fighting off carnivores, gathering resources, recharging their shields and being scared shitless of whatever Lovecraftian creature was lurking in the night side of the planet, well, I'd think they'd be angry with you.

It's a survival game, first and foremost, with an entire universe to explore. So yeah, it's exploration, but you can't explore without surviving first.
>>
>>337348264
EB should do the seppuku. Prime had these in abundance, and 20% off.
>>
>>337348512
So... you really want to settle down on one planet in a universe of 18 quintillion and just go "nah, I'm good".
>>
>you get to name stuff!

>planet 2917264849 A, discovered by (your game tag here)

>BUT IT'S GOT YOUR NAME ON IT THAT'S WHAT WE MEANT BY NAMING IT
>>
>>337348143
>>337348234
>>337348240
The truth of the matter is that they were developing it so that you could run into other people:
>You are flying around with an open lobby. People are coming into that lobby and leaving it – like if you play Watch Dogs or something like that. Effectively, we have players joining your discrete space.
>We handle the case like where other people can fly past in your game or that you can bump into other players in the game.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

These days they are being coy on the subject. So either a) they removed that functionality, or b) they are trying to temper hopes of "multiplayer" because running into someone is so rare.

>>337348240
We won't know until the game comes out.
>>
>>337348647
No. There is no multiplayer. Quit trying to say that there is because there isnt.
>>
>>337348590
Yeah, why not?

At the very least temporarily, and create something that future explorers can warp their minds around. That would be pretty cool.
>>
I think the experience will be similar to LSD dream simulator but without the spooks
>>
>>337348647
>These days they are being coy on the subject. So either a) they removed that functionality, or b) they are trying to temper hopes of "multiplayer" because running into someone is so rare.
You're linking an article from 2014. I'm linking the latest article that had hands-on with the game. Yes, there was a time when they talked about limited interaction with other players, however they have never mentioned what that interaction would be limited to. Essentially, they never said you could actually find other players, they just said nothing about it, now they have said something, which is the info I'm using.
>>
>>337348797
I'd be happy with setting up camp, and just sleeping for a night on-top of a hill and setting up a fire or something, that'd be neat.
>>
>>337348973
No. You cannot set up camp, build, craft, or create settlements. Just wander, mine, fly, repeat.
>>
>>337348320
The main objective is to get to the centre of the galaxy, you have to trade and gather resources and fight off attackers to do that.

>>337348407
You're right. I can't argue with any of that. In fact you described it better than I did

>>337348524
Why the flying fuck would they spend three hours staying on the same planet?

The main objective in the game is to get to the centre of the galaxy, so they may have already travelled a couple of solar systems by then.

If you want to stay on a planet for three hours, fine. It's a sandbox and you can play it however you want
>>
>>337348797
I'm afraid destruction won't save in the cloud, just on your computer, so even if you set up camp, imagine how much it would take for their servers to house thousands upon thousands of camps on thousands upon thousands of planets.
>>
Exploring with a friend would've made this game much better

What a waste
>>
>>337348590
Yep. I thought of it when I first saw the game as me making a shelter, surviving there for awhile while I horde resources and moving on only to have someone later on down the road find my planet and shelter and wonder who was here before. But obviously it isn't like that at all.
and honestly, you're giving them too much credit. "18 quintillion" isn't impressive if they are all just pallet swaps. The odds of finding a unique planet is really low.

I'm not trying to bash the game as it isn't out but the stuff I've seen so far just doesn't interest me enough to buy it full price.
>>
>>337347907
>Allows you to jump to the nearest solar system

Are you, technically, not in a solar system when you start the game?? I don't understand what they're promising.
>>
>>337349081
>Each new place might give you the resources and items you need to build something new, allowing you incremental gains to travel farther, survive better, and see more. Murray said the game is balanced such that you can expect to spend your first two to three hours just on that first starting planet, finding what you need to leave it. The next two to three hours will be spent just in that first solar system, exploring it to find what you need to move on.

Why would they spend three hours on the same planet? Oh, I don't know, perhaps you really should read this article. Because it's what Sean said to expect before you have enough resources to leave the planet, and another two-three hours in that solar system.

>>337349150
You do realize that the planets we've seen are handpicked, there are entire barren planets that look like the grand canyon, as well as almost entirely flat planets.
>>
>>337348746
Why are denying evidence that I've literally provided in front of your face?

You won't know what they've done until the game comes out, so shut the fuck up

>>337348896
You are a FUCKING MORON
>they never said you could actually find other players
Hang on a second:
>We handle the case like where other people can fly past in your game or that you can bump into other players in the game.
Also
>I'm linking the latest article that had hands-on with the game.
You mean the one where he says "Hello Games is cagey on this point"? Which is exactly what I said?
>>
Is there a meaningful gameplay video yet?

>18 quintillion planets
>But we can't show more than 5
>And we can't show more than 2 in an unbroken gameplay segment
>>
>>337349279
That's why I said the odds were low. You're going to run into a bunch of shitty boring planets until you find one good one. If you do at all.
>>
>>337349279
So the pace of the game means it isn't an exploration game?
>>
>>337349345
A few of the press people they got to play the planets said the game was kind of boring from what they played. Even the Hello Games guy said Sony told them not to call it "boring"
>>
>>337348234
>it’s possible this is something the developers are being specifically unclear about to maintain a sense of mystery
nah they are keeping it a secret because they know that noone would fucking buy the game if they knew it had no multiplayer
I have like 6 friends who are hyped to play together and I haven't bothered to explain to them since they wont listen anyway
which is funny since with how hyped they are its going to be like spore levels of disappointment for them
>>
>>337349480
[citation needed]
>>
>>337349362
Which is why I am hyped, because travelling from solar system to solar system until you find that amazingly lush planet with life will be a pretty neat experience, at least I hope it will.

And personally, I can't wait until I find an almost barren planet with just a few almost dead trees and then you get to a huge canyon and find some of those larger-than-what-you-can-see earthworms that were in the trailer, or at least something like it. Or why not a creature that can be seen from space, Sean has mentioned that they exist.

>>337349445
It's an exploration game if you manage to survive long enough to explore, and survive well enough to explore, how hard is that to grasp? There isn't a minecraft-casual mode to it, if you can't survive, you can't explore.

>>337349505
Which is hilarious, because that means they can't read or know anything about the game, if they did, they'd know that even IF it was possible to see each others positions in the game, chances are you'll all start so far apart that it'll take a good 20 hours to just get close enough to eachother, and even then, if you'd ever play without each other too long, it'd be another 20 hours to find each other again.
>>
>>337349505
>nah they are keeping it a secret because they know that noone would fucking buy the game if they knew it had no multiplayer
Hang on a second:
>As Murray has put it, No Man’s Sky is not a multiplayer game.
He's literally telling you, DO NOT THINK OF THIS AS A MULTIPLAYER GAME. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU WANT A MULTIPLAYER GAME. THIS IS NOT A MULTIPLAYER GAME.
That doesn't mean you can't run into other players, a feature which he has said was something they were working on (but whether it is included, we won't know).
>I have like 6 friends who are hyped to play together
Buy another game.
>>
>>337349317
>so if my friend and I travel to the same planet at the same time, could we play together for a while?

>NO. and that's not what this game is about so people should be thinking that when they go in.
>>
>>337349665
>>337349505
Or about finding each other, why not this.

>Hey joe, I'm at a solar system called Zetaflorpidorp, it has a purple background, and I'm on the sunny side of the planet next to a large mountain.

Now imagine first and foremost finding that solar system here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAi3wbSMco then finding the planet THAT IS THE SIZE OF THE EARTH and going "Oh, a mountain, huh..."
>>
>>337349317
>For one thing, players start alone on distant planets in a huge universe, so the chances of ever running into anyone are slim anyway. As Murray has put it, No Man’s Sky is not a multiplayer game. One developer during the demo compared potential interactions with other players to those in Dark Souls — notes left behind for others to find, principally — or Journey, in which there are brief interactions with other players.
>But both of those games include actually playing with other people, while No Man’s Sky’s website describes the experience as being “parallel” to those of others.

They flat out say that it won't be regular multiplayer, and describe it as playing parallel to eachother.

Yeah, they're cagey, but they're not that cagey that you can't understand the gist of it.
>>
>>337349665
>It's an exploration game if you manage to survive long enough to explore, and survive well enough to explore, how hard is that to grasp? There isn't a minecraft-casual mode to it, if you can't survive, you can't explore.
But the focus is on exploring. Yes you've got to protect yourself from creatures and sentinels. And eventually you will have to upgrade your suit if you want to visit inhospitable planets. But the main focus is exploring. The main focus is getting from point A, where you start, to point B, the centre of the galaxy.

You can play the game however you want and if you want to just survive on a single planet the whole time then you can absolutely do that. But the game isn't really designed with that as the main focus. It is designed with exploring, planet-hopping, as the main focus.
>>
>>337349661
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/no-mans-sky-finally-charts-its-star-path-with-major-gameplay-reveal/
>>
>>337346961
Dead Game
>Dead Game
Dead Game
>Dead Game
Dead Game
>Dead Game
Dead Game
>Dead Game
Dead Game
>Dead Game
>>
They really blew it big time with the no multiplayer.
>>
>>337349974
But as it's stated in that interview, without actually gathering resources and surviving on the planet you land on, you can't continue exploring.

But sure, you can try to "planet-hop" without gathering fuel, resources and upgrades to your suit.

>And eventually you will have to upgrade your suit if you want to visit inhospitable planets
What if you fucking start on one, or the only other solar system you have fuel to fly to only has inhospitable planets? What fucking then, you're just gonna go "I'm going to explore, until I die and load the game, I won't fucking survive man, I'm an explorer".

You fucking retard.
>>
File: 1297916091410s.jpg (2 KB, 126x106) Image search: [Google]
1297916091410s.jpg
2 KB, 126x106
I'm actually really excited for it
>>
>>337349974
>But the main focus is exploring. The main focus is getting from point A, where you start, to point B, the centre of the galaxy.

Again, that's not the end of the game, nor is it it's MAIN focus, it's the first thin you get to know when you start up the game, essentially "the center is a place you want to visit", but not why, how or when.

Also
>Murray compared No Man’s Sky to survival simulators like The Long Dark or Rust, highly popular games in which the point is just the enjoyment of surviving for surviving’s sake. And it seems, from this 30-minute demo, that recognizing No Man’s Sky as a survival game — spread over a huge universe — is important to understanding it.
>>
>>337349737
>>337349959
And the gist of it is "don't expect to play this with your friends. There is no dedicated multiplayer mode. Do not buy this game if you want some online GTA V type experience. In fact because running into other players is so unlikely, it might be that you ONLY see the presence of other people from what they have left behind."

But at the same time, they EXPLICITLY MENTIONED that they were developing the game so that you could run into, and see, other players. It's ENTIRELY POSSIBLE they've now removed that - maybe it was too ambitious? Maybe there were technical problems? Entirely possible. And maybe that's why they are not mentioning that feature anymore.

Or maybe they are just not mentioning it because they are moderating expectations? The fact is, we won't know until the game has come out.
>>
File: IMG-20160504-WA0005.jpg (5 KB, 162x232) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160504-WA0005.jpg
5 KB, 162x232
So do I buy or do I hope for something better to come?
>>
>>337350294
Oh for fuck sake, they mentioned it BACK IN 2014, when the fucking game was announced. Now are you that retarded that you just can't see that it's OBVIOUS they changed their mind, why? Who the fuck knows, all we know is that you're basing everything of the oldest fucking information you can find about the game.

You think the planet is flat too because that's what old information says?
>>
>>337350294
You keep saying "we just don't know" despite being proven wrong multiple times. The words came directly from the mouth of the creator. How much more do you need?

>but it's possible to maybe see phantoms of other players like dark souls!

Wow so it's pointless? Good stuff.
>>
>>337349974
>You can play the game however you want and if you want to just survive on a single planet the whole time then you can absolutely do that. But the game isn't really designed with that as the main focus. It is designed with exploring, planet-hopping, as the main focus.
Except for the first hours as the interview linked multiple times states, that you can spend up to three hours just gathering resources to leave the planet, and another three hours to leave the solar system. That's as long as most modern games, and you say it's not designed for it.
>>
>>337350154
>But as it's stated in that interview, without actually gathering resources and surviving on the planet you land on, you can't continue exploring.
That's absolutely true
>What if you fucking start on one
I very much doubt they will start you on a planet that is 700 degrees celsius, causing you to repeatedly die over and over again because you don't have the right suit. But sure, think that if you want. Makes me question why you are calling other people "retard"s though.
>>
>>337350442
Wait until it comes out before you buy. You'll probably know a week or so before its out if its any good.
>>
>>337350584
Some people will surely start on inhospitable planets, perhaps not 700 degree celsius, but dangerous enough that finding a cave system should be a pretty high priority for you.

Or you know, just get into the ship to recharge your shields and fly around until you do find a cave system, which will have the minerals and resources you need to upgrade to survive longer.
>>
>>337350276
But it is the main focus, he's said that every time.

He's just emphasising the fact that you can ignore that main focus and just fuck around forever if you want. Like GTA.

But unlike GTA, I don't think it will be as fun just to fuck around aimlessly. Pretty sure the main enjoyment will come from getting to the centre of the universe. Learning about the lore of the alien races. Upgrading all your stuff and getting cool equipment.

But sure if you want to just run around on one planet then go ahead
>>
File: 1305921751711s.jpg (2 KB, 126x84) Image search: [Google]
1305921751711s.jpg
2 KB, 126x84
>No fun multiplayer experiences with spaceships and shit.
>in No Man's Sky

I don't think you faggots understand how videogames are made.
Maybe if they had another year of dev time i'd be possible.

Of course they want to put in every feature they can. But it's not fucking wizard magic you retards.
>>
>>337350452
They EXPLICITLY MENTION not only WHAT the feature was but HOW THEY WERE ACTUALLY DEVELOPING IT.

Oh you're right it's OBVIOUS! IT'S OBVIOUS! Why didn't I think of that! Goddamn you're absolutely fucking right!

God exists! Do you know why? Because it's obvious! How can't you see that?! Look at the birds and the bees! It's obvious right? IT'S OBVIOUS! GODDAMNIT EVERYBODY GOD EXISTS BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS!
>>
>>337349234
you dont start with a jump drive, you have to craft it first
>>
>>337350452
Yeah forget it, people flip their shit about this

They also said there wont be any npc's in the game and now there are.

>>337350059
It is funny cause the game won't need any blayerbase to function. This is not an MMO. A comunity of a few 1000 is all they need.

>Dead game
you mean so dead that they wont make any money? It will be a failure? How can a game with a staff of 27 people and so much hype already even fail. Don't compare NMS to AAA shit and you are good
>>
>>337350738
It's the first focus you get in the game, if we can put it like that. And I don't understand where you get the run around on one planet sentiment from, because all I've ever said is that to explore you need to survive, and some planets it won't be so easy to just "get resources and bugger off", it will require some time invested, and if you don't feel like it you can just find another planet.

And as for "fucking around aimlessly", that's essentially the only way you'll actually learn the lore of the alien races, it's the only way to learn new languages and upgrading your stuff.

If all you do is just "gather fuel, go to next solar system, gather fuel, next solar system" until you reach the center, you won't even have to set foot on a planet, you can just get fuel from asteroids, which will make sure you don't learn anything about races or upgrade anything but the basics of your ship.
>>
>its a space game
>where you can fly between planets
>has some basic crafting/weapons/ships
>has exploration of RNG colors as well as special sites/events they havnt revealed yet
>planets get more funky the closer you get to the center
Sounds fun enough to me. We dont get enough space games anyway.
>>
>>337350453
You keep saying "you can't run into other people" despite being proven wrong multiple times. The words came directly from the mouth of the creator. How much more do you need?

>but it's possible they maybe uh removed it or something?

Wow so you don't know? Good stuff.
>>
>>337350050
Did you even read the article?
>>
Will there be Black Holes? Pulsar Stars? Asteroid Belts? I already know there wont be any gas giants.
>>
>>337350583
What single fucking game have you played that you completed in three fucking hours?

Most (good) games story modes take like 20 hours. Open world games take longer than that
>>
I dont understand the amount of shitposting against NMS. Normally I get where the shitposting is coming from (and often agree with it) but this seems entirely inane.
>>
>>337350978
>so it's possible they removed it
>possible they removed it
>they removed it
>removed
>it

So there's no MP. Thanks for proving me right. Also, the shit you keep linking is 2 years old. Why don't you watch the video from a month ago where they say there's no multiplayer and to stop thinking it's gonna be like that.
>>
>>337350685
>Some people will surely start on inhospitable planets
I'm pretty sure they will make sure you will start on a planet that won't kill you immediately. That wouldn't be very difficult to implement.

Yes there is obviously an element of survival but the main focus is exploration. In all of the clips Sean Murray has shown, he's been exploring. No creature has attacked him unprovoked yet. Same with sentinels. Yes you have to survive but the main idea is travelling
>>
>>337350862
Yeah filthy liars right? Disgusting it is not like at all that stuff can change
>>
>>337351240
And those planets have been handpicked. How fucking retarded are you?

Do I really have to link this a-fucking-gain?

>an element of survival
The main element of the game, remove it, and you get minecraft casual mode.
>In all of the clips Sean Murray has shown, he's been exploring
He's been showcasing a couple of handpicked planets, and he's shown the survival aspects in almost all of them. Let's not even mention the fact that in a lot of those videos he's died (or the person playing) has died because they fucked up and got killed by carnivores?
>>
>>337351162
But there is no video where they say there's no multiplayer? They say "no, don't expect to play with your friends". Do you know why they say that? Because finding your friends would be an absolutely gargantuan task. It will take you hours and hours of gameplay. The scale of this universe is gigantic beyond any human comprehension.

>So if my friend and I travel to the same planet at the same time, could we play together for a while?
>No, and that's not what this game is about so people should be thinking that when they go in.

Because it's incredibly difficult to find someone. You can't just go to your menu and select "warp to friend". No.

Oh right so they were actually developing the game so you can run into other people. And he has stated in other interviews that you can't see yourself, but that other people can see you. Okay then, so it's pretty likely that feature will be in the game.
>>
You can't run and the movement speed of the character is staggeringly slow. Dropped.
>>
>>337351553
I'm done talking to you about it. Be sure to make a thread when it comes out complaining that there's no multiplayer and you thought it would be different.
>>
>>337351474
It's an exploration game.
>>
>>337350154
no thanks- keep your shitty 3d starbound faggot
>>
>>337351697
There is multiplayer, in the sense that you can run into people.
So basically you're flat out wrong.
>>
>>337351826
No you cant.
>>
>>337351885
Yes actually you can.
>>
>>337351826
that was removed.
>>
>>337351950
Prove it. And then I'll show you the video from about a month ago where they say you can't.
>>
>>337346961
It's more fun to Shitpost in terribly disguised marketing attempts though. Noones gonna pre-order your shitty game senpai.
>>
>>337351983
Proof? Oh wait you don't have any. There is only one interview where he is asked
>So if my friend and I travel to the same planet at the same time, could we play together for a while?
And he answers
>No, and that's not what this game is about so people should be thinking that when they go in.
Because he's telling you THAT'S NOT WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT. Finding people is EXTREMELY RIDICULOUSLY HARD
>>337352027
You have one video, I have explained it above.
Meanwhile there are many interviews where he explains not only that you will be able to see other people, but even how they implement it in the game.
>You are flying around with an open lobby. People are coming into that lobby and leaving it – like if you play Watch Dogs or something like that. Effectively, we have players joining your discrete space.
>>
>>337352546
Oh because you explaining it it acceptable proof, and the video where the lead developer states that it's not in the game should be disregarded and you are the one we should listen to.
>>
>>337352027
>Will you be able to play with your friends?
>Yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU

(0:59)
>>
File: 1462220917585.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1462220917585.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
>>337346961
>smells like eternal boredom
>>
>>337352726
>2 year old video
>>
>>337352708
>the video where the lead developer states that
If such a video exists, you haven't shown it.
>>
can't wait to discover cockosaurus red, cockosaurus yellow and cockosaurus pink and uninstall
>>
>muh hugbox thread
game seems like shit. WALKING SIMULATOR IN SPACE EPIC GUYS 8 GORILLION pLANETS
>>
Dude, did you hear about nomansky?

t. Everyone I've ever met.

>procedurally generated
>nothing to do in an infinite world
>>
>>337352809

youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM

>is there multiplayer?
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>337348518
>take a shit in the game
>another player finds it
>player picks up your shit
>sends it into the museum

This is every man's dream
>>
File: Korvax.jpg (339 KB, 751x404) Image search: [Google]
Korvax.jpg
339 KB, 751x404
>>337352787

1:32:
>Do you ever get a good look at your character?
>You can see other characters. And they can see you.

>>337353135
Guess what? One single word "no", distorted, and taken completely out of context, doesn't disprove two years of interviews. Just like in that same video he's asked "will there be NPC characters?" (1:10) and he says "no". But we know there are, see pic related. I guess he means you don't see NPC characters walking around on the planets. But as we have already seen in the videos, you do find NPCs inside buildings on planets, and on space stations.

Do you wish to prove your stupidity any further?
>>
>>337347641

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
>>
>>337353313
For some reason you are stuck in the year 2014. All that info has changed. Quit spewing lies.
>>
>>337352726
He's literally contradicting himself in the more recent interviews. This shit is two years old.
>>
the game will do fine at release. things will be built & modded-in as the hype settles...i imagine a friendslist & an achievement for which sharing savepoints with a friend will be possible.
>>
This guy's autism won't let him accept the fact that they changed the game in the last two years and he's having a fit. Please keep going on about the great multiplayer experience you've created in your head.
>>
I can't wait for this game to come out so everybody can praise it for 2 days and call it shit for the rest of time a week later.
>>
File: no man's buy.jpg (282 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
no man's buy.jpg
282 KB, 1024x640
>>337346961
Suck my cock dude.
>>
also i imagine at the center of the universe there will be a ton of NPCs with mad loot
>>
File: what_u_say_m8.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
what_u_say_m8.gif
2 MB, 320x320
Can you meet another player? Can I go to where my friend is and multiplay with them?

>No no no, that's not what the game is about. That chance is incredibly rare!

I FUCKING KNOW THAT'S NOT THE GAME IS ABOUT, BUT CAN I FUCKING DO THAT OR NOT. It's not such a difficult fucking concept, Sean!!

>It's like a lobby!

JEESUS KRISTUS, SEAN. This game is coming out in a month and you still haven't given us a decent fucking answer.
>>
>they wasted 2 E3 for this

can't wait for the PSVR segment and showing us that the wait was to port the game on it as a launch title.
>>
>>337353458
>All that info has changed.
Oh really where? Where does he explicitly say that they removed the ability to run into, and see, other players?

>>337353512
Oh really where?

>>337353749
Oh really when did they change the game? I'd be fascinated to see your proof. So Sean Murray explicitly stated that they removed the ability to run into other players? I never read or heard that.
>great multiplayer experience
It doesn't have a "great multiplayer experience" you fucking dunce, it is not that kind of game, like Sean Murray REPEATEDLY states, but you ARE all playing in the same galaxy, and they have talked multiple times about the ability to run into other players.
>>
>tfw the "center" of the universe is seans player character holding a sign that says thanks for playing, and that's what he means when he keeps dancing around the MP question
>>
>>337346961
>130 / 12 / 43
Forty of you need to learn how to stop bumping marketing threads for games that don't even exist, every single day for two months.
The rest of you need to buy an ad.
>>
I want to know if there will b gaseous planets and planets of just ocean, no land
>>
>>337354391
>Can you meet another player?
All indications are that you can.
>I FUCKING KNOW THAT'S NOT THE GAME IS ABOUT, BUT CAN I FUCKING DO THAT OR NOT. It's not such a difficult fucking concept, Sean!!
He doesn't want to mislead people into thinking they can instantly teleport to their buddies and fly around with them. That's why he's being coy.
>>
>>337354543
>Oh really where?

>Is it multiplayer?
2014:
>Yes
2016:
>No

>Are there NPCs?
2014:
>No
2016:
>Yes
>>
Eh. Modders will reach the center in a matter of days and the hype will go away forever.
>>
>>337354705
ya, he mentioned running into a planet of all ocean... prolly not gas tho...
>>
>>337354705
No gas planets, but ocean planets yes

>>337354708
Really? Where does he say there's no ability for you to run into other players?

By the way I wonder what you will say when the game comes out and you can run into other players. "Oh no no that's not what I meant!"
>>
>>337346961
sup reddit
>>
>>337346961
idk should i get it for pc or ps4
>>
>>337354803
It's just a game anon, you don't have to like it, go and play something else if you want
>>
>>337354706
>All indications are that you can.
actually all indications leads toward a pokemon type of multiplayer, where people interact indirectly, trade through menus and battle trough separate areas.
>>
>>337354543
>talked multiple times about the ability to run into other players.
no they havn't he has always publically been vague. comments lek
"the likelihood of meeting another person"
or
"multiplayer esque like journey"
there was also a Q&A once with hello games and they said there is no multiplayer at launch.

basically, the multiplayer aspect of this gae, is the contribution to the species and naming of planets, maybe solar systems too.

if it is a profitable game I could imagine they would add multiplayer, or drop in co-op.
I doubt a massive server of people like an mmo ever, its too big of a game space
>>
>>337354979
You cannot trade with players.
>>
>>337354605
>the center of the universe is a pokemon master diploma
>>
>>337354979
But that's completely wrong.

You are all playing in the same galaxy (initially). You can run into other players (at least that's what they've said, repeatedly), but it's incredibly unlikely you will find anyone until the end of the game, because the galaxy is so vast

>>337355038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU (1:32)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx
>>
>>337352918
Or the giant creature that can be seen from space, or the small creature you can only find in cave systems on planets within a specific type of solar system on a specific distance from the star.
>>
>>337354895
I'd get it for PC, the mod potential could add some fun features and even a proper multiplayer in the future.
>>
>>337355038
You are right that he is being vague because he doesn't want people to think it's an MMO. Because it's not.
>I doubt a massive server of people like an mmo ever, its too big of a game space
Exactly that's why they've talked about approaching it differently, where you are flying around with a small lobby surrounding you.
>>
>>337355291

HOLY FUCK QUIT LINKING THIS VIDEO
>>
>that one shill who's here day after day shilling his shitty cashbrab joke game
lolmao
>>
>>337355506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU (1:32)

Sorry that you are disagreeing with facts anon. Maybe you should give up.
>>
>>337355401
>flying around in space
>suddenly loading screen in a game without loading screens
>migrating to xXx420BlazEiTfagg0txXx's lobby

You really think this will be a thing? Because you do realize to load into someones lobby it would require some type of loading, right? What if the person just as you start loading has a very upgraded hyperdrive and just goes to far from you?
>>
>>337346961
The only shit that would make this game interesting is a fucking multiplayer, and the faggot didn't implement it because it is a singleplayer space simulator.
>>
File: 14465754736524.png (2 MB, 3776x3836) Image search: [Google]
14465754736524.png
2 MB, 3776x3836
>>337347657
>Paying £40 - £50 to stand still

Are you autistic?
>>
>>337355792
>tfw thought of buying this
>tfw played Overwatch and found it amazing
>tfw pre-ordered Overwatch

Money well spent. Fuck this game. Devs can't even clearly say what the game is supposed to do and are vague as fuck, so into the trash it goes.
>>
>>337355642
Are there no interviews from this year? 2014 is forever ago in game development...
>>
>>337355693
Nigga I have no fucking idea. He has said that there's a limit on how many people can be in your lobby for one thing:

>The lobby that you carry around with you now can, it's almost like I don't wanna say because people will just test it, it can carry a few people. More than what you will see during the normal course of the game.

I doubt there will be any loading times. I mean given the scale of the game, they could make your lobby the size of a planet and almost all of the time, no one will ever enter it. Then as soon as someone does they just have to make that connection in the background while you play the game. You then wouldn't actually run into them for fucking ages because you'd have to travel the radius of your lobby.
>>
>>337356040
>Devs can't even clearly say what the game is supposed to do and are vague as fuck
The only thing they've been vague about is multiplayer, the rest has been as straight forward as can be. You just suck at finding information.

>>337356208
Found this reading the thread, pretty far up.
>>
>>337356208
There are interviews from 2016 but I haven't found one where he explicitly mentions the ability to run into others in the game. At least I can't remember one. Try and find one because I too would like to know
>>
>>337355361
dude i'm sorry toi tell you this but you can't mod multiplayer

Ever played multiplayer in skyrim/morrowind/oblivion/fallout ?

No?

They are just the most heavy modded games out there
>>
>>337356208
This is from last year by the way, and it explains why they are playing it down so much:

>Given the sheer size of No Man Sky's universe, how often will you realistically run into other human players?

>"We keep playing it down because if people go into it looking for a multiplayer game they will be disappointed. It's just infrequent. And if it happens then that's cool, but it's not a big part of the game. We don't want you to feel alone. And if you come across people then that's cool and it will be a nice moment. I think of Journey, or something like that. You wouldn't think of Journey as a multiplayer game. You come across people and it's a really big part of the experience, but it's not about playing with your friends."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-22-so-what-do-you-actually-do-in-no-mans-sky
>>
its gona be alot of adventure. but all in all its just the beginning for massive adventures... theres plenty a game to come where youll go nd find all types of wildness....
>>
>>337355361
get it for PC basically the draw distance is limited by the procedural generation, wich means computing power so....PC for sure
>>
So THIS is autism
>>
>>337356724
Dude I'm sorry to tell you that you're literally retarded.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45511/?

of course you can mod multiplayer.
there's even a fucking Mario64 multiplayer mod.
>>
>>337356724
It could happen. Sean has said that friends show up on the galactic map. All you would need to do is hack a way to teleport to another location (which shouldn't be hard because the game already has warp portals in it).

Yes it wouldn't provide a multiplayer mode like deathmatch, but at least it would make finding your friends easier
>>
>>337356326
I shouldn't have to find information from 50+ interviews, you pleb. From one interview of Overwatch, I understood everything I needed to know, including free updates and dlc, and additional heroes.

Seriously, every time this game comes up, people ALWAYS have to ask what you do in it, since no one even knows. That shows how shit there marketing truly is.

>inb4 travel to centre of universe

He's saying that cause there's literally nothing else to do. Survival means blowing up rocks. Wow.

Now how much is Hello Games paying you per hour?
>>
>>337356724
But they are modding MP into Skyrim..
>>
>>337356970
There is no need for 50+ interviews, there's multiple easy (even for a retard like you) to read information about the game.

You survive, upgrade, scavenge and travel.
>>
>>337357152
And let's not forget figure out the lore of the game, what the sentinels are, what the alien races are, what their motives are, how their languages work.
>>
>>337356970
>From one interview of Overwatch, I understood everything I needed to know, including free updates and dlc, and additional heroes.
You realise Blizzard is a 4,700 employee company right? With dedicated PR and marketing departments? And Hello Games is 12 people, where the lead programmer himself is doing the PR?

How dense are you?
>>
>>337346961
This game is going to suck balls
>>
>lol guys what do you even do guys obviously theres nothing to do
>he hasn't watched the 30 minute gameplay video

When will this meme from the first announcement of the game stop?
>>
>>337357343
>>337357152
Thanks for proving my point, shills. This is the first PS4 game coming from an indie company. Usually indie companies start off smaller, but nope, these guys went full jew for retards like you.

>12 people

Hope you enjoy your half assed game.
>>
>>337357704
So you're actually bashing them for trying something new, and not just making another indie-flavor of the month game?

Wow.
>>
>>337357642
If you're tripping balls on acid I'm fairly certain the visuals alone are gonna make it feel like it actually is sucking your balls.
>>
>>337357683
Never, /v/ has far too many idiots

>>337357704
>This is the first PS4 game coming from an indie company.
Sounds like a pretty awesome achievement to me. The game must be pretty good if Sony believed in it that much.
>>
>>337357826
They haven't made ANY indie games m8. All they did was port their original ANDROID game to ps4.

This is their first native game on PS4/Sony.

>>337357938
>Sony believed in it
>Sony believed in Uncharted 4
>Sony believed in The Order
>Sony believed in Driveclub

Nice argument you got there. As you can see, Sony are retards. And this is coming from someone who owns a ps4 as a primary console.
>>
But what do you even do?
>>
>>337358343
Exactly, so why are you bashing them for having the first PS4 game made by an indie company?
And as you said, didn't they already start off smaller with Joe Danger or whatever it was called?

>>337358343
And as for this game, Sony's involvement are minimal, it wasn't in the other games you listed. So you actually just listed a pro for this game.
>>
>>337358592
>NoManshills this delusional

Seriously man, how much? I need some extra money.
>>
>>337356929
sweet didn't know that

>>337356937
jeez dude, even if you teleport to them you won't see them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM
>>
>>337357704
then go play your blizzard games retard. people like you are the reason this industry is shit
>>
>>337359627
Do you want to link a specific point in that video? As far as I see he says "Multiplayer is in the game, but it's possible nobody will ever see another person due to the size of everything"
>>
>>337359776
>liking good games
>industry is now shit

No m8, it's because of cucks like you that the industry is fucked. You haven't seen new footage, only the same recycled garbage of blowing up rocks and flying into space. You haven't even played a beta and it comes out in a month. Don't try and undermine Blizzard for actually making a good game. I hadn't heard of Overwatch until the beta and then I played it and was blown away.

Carry on shilling.
>>
>>337359627
Just watched it and he says this
>Going to a planet and another player being in the same place at the same time is incredibly rare.
Why would he say that if you can't see other people?
>>
Is this literally Spore 2: Electric Boogaloo in terms of promises turning into disappointment.
>>
>>337360647
Only if you're a moron. Anyone with a brain knows the limitations of the game
>>
>>337354605
I think they spoiled what's at the center of the universe, basically one of the team members changed the game description on the steam store (maybe it was the no man's sky site) from "a galaxy to discover" to "universes to discover".
Sean said that once you get to the center, there will be an incentive to keep playing, my personal theory is that the center is the giant floating Hedron we keep seeing (with the red ball on the inside) and that is a portal to other galaxies, so the game never truly ends. My theory though
>>
>not an actual space sim where there's absolutely nothing for billions of miles in real time

Dropped.
>>
BILLIONS OF PLANETS
>>
>>337347317
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4didkh/what_do_you_do_in_no_mans_sky_and_other_questions/
>>
>>337351826
This
>>
>>337352787
MUH TWO YEARS MUH TWO YEARS MUH TWO YEARS
>>
There is this one fucking autist on this board who shills this game constantly and I'm pretty sure he's not being paid for it, which is hilarious.

It will be shit and I will enjoy the taste of his tears.
>>
File: your-tears.jpg (94 KB, 720x998) Image search: [Google]
your-tears.jpg
94 KB, 720x998
>>337363569
I enjoy your tears because you think I'm paid

It's fucking hilarious
>>
>>337363569
it's still nice to see FFXV-kun finding new hobby, at least he know a lot about whole 2 games now
>>
File: worried.jpg (7 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
7 KB, 208x200
>people actually believing the "you can do anything" bit after people like peter moleneux
>>
File: Janitor Contract.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Janitor Contract.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
>>337364094
No m8 I think you're literally doing it for free.
>>
File: 1389201579759.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1389201579759.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>337364254
>people actually interested in XFINITY NUMBER OF PLANETS WITH DIVERSE AND UNIQUE LIFE after games like starbound
>>
>>337364428
What's the problem in defending a game?
>>
>>337360809
If there is a plot, there is an end to a plot, the center will be an end to the plot and you can just keep exploring freelancer style
>>
>>337365564
Defending a game that -isn't even out- yet is stupid because you have no idea what you are actually defending.

It's very wise to be skeptical of any claim a developer makes, because their goal is to sell you the game, even if they know it's not great. They want to stoke up hype; they will skew any truth and even lie to make this happen. We've seen this so many times.

Just wait for the game to come out, watch some other people play it a bit, if it seems good, get it, then come on /v/ and defend it if you need to.
>>
>>337360116
there were lots of games which you could not play an open beta, we just had to wait and the game launches and we played, this is not a bad thing, weren't you here at the 90s?
>>
>>337366139
All other games in existance have at least shown off new levels and feature with new vids and trailers.

NMS only shows the same shit again and again, with a different coloured planet. Blow up rock. Blow up animal. Walk. Get in spaceship. Fly. Then zoom out and show how amazing our game is!
>>
>>337365990
I tell this to all idiots who call the game shit, the point is, where can I find a sci fi space game with the elements of freelancer that are not scientifically accurate and fun at the same time? The hype is real just for the fact that you enter in a ship and you move freely without too much scientifically accurate physics in the way, very arcade if you know what I mean.
>>
>>337366380
To some people, that is the point, get in a ship and fly without the boundaries of accurate physics, star citizen will be nice, but I want less reality in a game, in my opinion.
>>
>>337366415
Like absolutely every other single space game out there? The only one I can think of is kerbal space programme and that pixel one
>>
>>337366685
Do you really think Kerbal space programme has the same elements as Freelancer?
>>
>no multiplayer
YOU
KNOW
WHAT
THAT
MEEEEEEEAAAAAANNNS
>>
>>337366808
I worded it wrong, but I mean ever other game has completely casualised spaceship physics, which is usually fly in a straight line to the planet. Those two are the only ones I could think of that didn't
>>
>>337366685
>The only one I can think of is kerbal space programme
>kerbal space programme
>Freelancer

Would you like to reformulate your sentence?
>>
>>337347641
>
except not at all
>>
>>337347317
its like Ark but better
>>
>>337366960
Well, I searched a lot for a game that could transmit the same feeling as Freelancer and I could not find even one, really, I don't know if it is because I was young and my brain worked different as from an adult, but I find myself searching for this feeling and no other space game gave me the sensation I experienced through that game, my last hope is no man's sky and by the videos, they sold me the idea.
>>
>>337347317
v didn't ask this to notch when you guys helped him with that shitty block game
>>
File: 1402218143450.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1402218143450.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>337366415
>The hype is real

Falling
Into
A
Trap
With
No
Way
Out
>>
>>337365990
I'm defending it from people who attack it when -isn't even out- yet

Especially when they don't know what they're talking about

>It's very wise to be skeptical of any claim a developer makes, because their goal is to sell you the game
I see that point but Sean Murray isn't VP of marketing at an 800-strong game studio. He's lead developer at a 12-strong studio.
>they will skew any truth
Christ mate you sound angry. Take a chill pill.
As I said Sean Murray is not some marketing guy and it really seems like he's deliberately PLAYING DOWN certain expectations because he doesn't want pissed off customers. Especially since he has said that he wants to continue working on the game after it comes out, probably creating DLC and things. He wouldn't have many customers for that if he pissed them off with the initial release.
>>
>>337367773
Yes
https://countdown.nmsdb.info/
>>
>>337346961
Look its that lying shill who promises multiplayer in this shitty bullshit scam.
>>
>>337368360
There is multiplayer in the sense you can run into people.

There are no dedicated multiplayer modes.
>>
May be a bit cringey but whatever, I'm probably going to roleplay being a trader/smuggler. I roleplay in almost all my games.
>>
>>337368597
I'm gonna be an explorer/fighter working for the space police and killing space pirates and smugglers.
>>
File: 7fhxz0L - Imgur.jpg (86 KB, 656x470) Image search: [Google]
7fhxz0L - Imgur.jpg
86 KB, 656x470
>>337368360
Also if you're having a difficult time understanding the multiplayer elements, this might help

Source: http://imgur.com/a/fqdhG
>>
>>337368969
stay away from my ship
>>
>>337368062
>I see that point but Sean Murray isn't VP of marketing at an 800-strong game studio. He's lead developer at a 12-strong studio.
Indie devs with a small workforce are generally the culprits in this sort of thing. The size of the team doesn't matter.

>Christ mate you sound angry
I am. Not at this project in particular, but in being deceived by similar projects. I've seen the warning signs for immanent disappointment. Getting defensive about a game you haven't had the chance to see in action for yourself is one of them.

Your point about defending against attackers, might be able to be conceded. I can understand the desire to disseminate incorrect facts. However, I think the best way to do this is just wait for the game to come out, it'll disprove any erroneous notions itself. Trying to defend a game at this point is just hurting it, because it makes it seem like there's a shillforce out there trying to preemptively cover up shittiness.
>>
>>337368461
>dev says you can not see other players
>dev says he wants a sense of being in the universe with others
Fucking dumb asses arent even gonna fall for this retarded shilling fuck off nobody wants you here.
>>
>>337369625
>>dev says you can not see other players
Where did he say this?
>>
>>337370034
You obviously dont know as much about the game as you pretend to claim you do. Fuck off.
>>
>>337369327
>I can understand the desire to disseminate incorrect facts.
Either you don't know what disseminate means or you're saying I want to spread lies?

>the best way to do this is just wait for the game to come out, it'll disprove any erroneous notions itself.
Well at the moment I want to learn about it which is why I made this thread. There are other people who have read things I haven't and that's what I want to know. Also I wanted to speculate about how certain things might work because why not.

>it makes it seem like there's a shillforce out there
If somebody actually believes that I'm a paid marketer then I actually find that funny. So I'll just keep posting more.

The thing is, because I'm actually reading source material about this game, I've got a pretty good idea of what it's going to be. Even if I am disappointed, do I care? No. Do I care if others are disappointed? No. If they are not stupid, they won't build up their expectations into something unrealistic.

Sean Murray has said so many goddamn times what this game is about and he is really incredibly consistent in what he says. Just because he's been coy about certain things doesn't mean he doesn't know those answers, or that he's lying to people. Personally I find it so fucking hilarious that people are that paranoid and that deluded.

Would 343 reveal the plot of the next Halo game before it's released? No. So it makes sense he's not revealing every single detail about the game
>>
>>337369625
>dev says you can not see other players
When? Source?
>>
>>337346961
>Haters

I swear to god when men use that word you sound like fags. "LOL HAAAATERRRS"
>>
>>337370103
Should be easy to provide a source of this quote, shouldn't it?
>>
>>337366415
>The hype is real

Hype (derived from hyperbole) is promotion, especially promotion consisting of exaggerated claims.
>>
>>337370256
>>337370661
I've posted the interview in all of your shill threads and you reply with the same 3rd party 2 year old source that has no direct quotes every time. Im just here to warn others to just watch the interviews themselves and not fall for this stupid viral marketing.
>>
>>337347758
Look at this blatant shill posting. Fuck off back to neogaf
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>337365990
?
>>
>>337369327
>Indie devs with a small workforce are generally the culprits in this sort of thing. The size of the team doesn't matter.

Say that at E3 when people once again get hyped over prerenderd cutscenes.

Hello games only presented working build since 2 years and they are called out as liars, good job
>>
>>337372371
What interview? He's never said you can't see other players
But he HAS said that you CAN see other players:
>Will you be able to play with your friends?
>Yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU [Embed]
(0:59)
>>
>>337372371
>>337374612
Oh wait I quoted the wrong bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uYnwqlslU [Embed]
1:32
>Im just here to warn others
You're lying mate, so please don't, yeah?
>just watch the interviews themselves
The interviews don't lie. You do.
>not fall for this stupid viral marketing.
They shouldn't fall for your inability to understand the English language 2bh.
>>
>>337347289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvXJK0gjlB8
>>
>>337348240
They have said it's going to be moddable.
>>
>>337349061
You can craft items in the game like the device you hack the launch pad to call your ship to you.
>>
>>337348240
1:32
>>
>>337350073
http://n4g.com/news/1637586/stop-thinking-of-no-mans-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game
>>
>>337375749
It is SINGLE PLAYER. Who cares.
>>
>>337376010
It's multiplayer in the sense that you are all playing in the same galaxy (initially) and you can encounter one another.
>>
>>337351157
Agreed I think there might be some ass hurt devs around that don't want this to succeed because, "my handcrafted videa game."
>>
>>337374982
>He liked Spore
Shit game. I don't even have to play anymore.
>>
File: 1258380543204.jpg (21 KB, 264x275) Image search: [Google]
1258380543204.jpg
21 KB, 264x275
>>337376116

“[Your friends] will be a long way away. People keep asking us about multiplayer and I think when people see this they are going to fully realize what it means to be that far away from somebody else who’s playing…

“People keep saying to us, ‘Yeah, but what if I knew where they were? Would I go there?’ And it’s like, yeah, but they are going to have to stay there for quite a while while you get over there. And then once you get over there you might land on the same planet and then you will say, ‘I’m on a planet the size of Earth and I am on a mountain. Where are you?'”

The chances of you actually interacting as is slim to fucking nil. Along with the COMPLETE LACK of a player communication system according to the dev's them-fucking-selves, its not possible to hold a chat with someone besides leaving a gravestone. No existant voice, easy to read text in an AOE, or other form of chat. It's fuckin' singleplayer.
>>
>>337347354
>nms
>1 thread
>marketer
gb2 overwatch threads shill
>>
any new gameplay?
>>
>>337376498
It's still multiplayer. It just doesn't have multiplayer modes.
>>
>>337367506
You know that's what star citizen is suppose to be.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.