[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I kill this fucking spider on the lake. his pets kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg (148 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_ps4.0_cinema_960.0.jpg
148 KB, 960x540
how do I kill this fucking spider on the lake.

his pets kill me in few hits sometimes one shot
>>
File: 1457482043092.png (202 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1457482043092.png
202 KB, 500x374
>>337312418
>>
File: ohyeah.gif (494 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
ohyeah.gif
494 KB, 500x324
>>337312506
>>
If you're getting one shotted then that's the game telling you you need to put some levels into health. He's weak to electricity if I remember right so use electric paper on your weapon. Just summon if you're really struggling though.
>>
You have two options:

Completely ignore the little spiders and rush the big one hoping that RNG is kind to you

or tediously kill all the little spiders before going after the big one

You're basically choosing to either be frustrated or really bored.
>>
I just beat him today actually. Protip: He's weak against bolt, so either buy a bunch of bolt papers or use the Tonitrus or whatever it's called. The lightning mace.

Alternatively you can summon an npc who helps keep the spiders off your ass.
>>
take your time and kill the baby spiders and then attack rom. when rom raises her head this means she's casting an arcane attack, hold circle to avoid the attack.
>>
>>337312563
Char did nothing wrong
>>
>>337312418
Git guRom gave me a hard time too. Kill off the little spiders and then do as much damage as humanly possible before he disappears. Repeat until victory or until you need to go farm more vials
>>
Rom isn't as hard as the Shadows of Yharnam. Fuck those guys.
>>
Stop getting hit.

For the first phase Rom doesn't do anything so just play it safe and slowly pick off the spiders. Once she starts casting shit at you, you have two options. Either bumrush Rom and try to beat the shit out of her before the spiders jump you, or keep your distance and pick off the spiders during the openings between spells. I find it's usually easier to just bumrush, but it depends on how quickly you can do damage.
>>
go to hypogeon gol and get the tonitrus.Proceed to destroy rom
>>
>>337312904
Shadows are easy in comparison to Rom, what's you problem?
>>
>>337313272
I couldn't git gud.
>>
you can stun him when he's teleporting away if you do enough damage quick enough.
>>
>>337313347
Just use the pillar to split them up and parry the fuck out of them
>>
>>337312418
level up you retard
>>
>>337313406
>parry
You're going to call me a scrub but I just beat Rom today and I haven't parried a single time in the entire game. I always forget these games have a parry function.
>>
>>337313536
I didn't parry any on my first playthrough, so. Parrying can trivialize certain boss fights anyway.
>>
>>337312418
what's ur psn I'll come help
>>
>>337313406
I've beat this game 3 times, what pillar?
>>
>>337313617
Yeah this is my first playthrough. I feel like I'm stumbling along but I'm getting it.
>>
>>337312418
vitality is the most useful stat in bloodborne
also if you get hit while dodging or sprinting you will take counter damage
>>
>>337313723
there's a pillar in the middle of the arena
>>
>>337313723
Disregard pls, thought you were referring to rom
>>
>>337313617
>Never parried Gascoigne on my first playthrough because I couldn't get the timing down
>He rarely hits me now whenever I start a new game,

Feels good.
>>
Couldn't beat the chalice version, fuck it
>>
>>337314063
chalice rom is way easier once you realize that you can just use the pillars to block the ice shots.
>>
>>337312418
Ignore spiderbabbies, take on spidermama.

>>337314063
You'll have to fight the first two waves of spiderbabbies in Chalice Dungeon because else they just crowd the limited space, but after that you want to bumrush spidermama.
>>
>>337314112
Eh, sometime they appear above the pillars and still hit me.
>>
>>337312418
Rom is a girl though.
>>
>>337314112
i co-op in the dungeons regularly and I'm always surprised by how many people need help with chalice rom
>>
dont use lock on, but try to manually keep your eyes on rom at all times so you can dodge the ice rain magic. kill one spider at a time with care
>>
File: rom mom.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rom mom.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
I don't which was more tedious, Rom or Living Failures.
>>
>>337314849
Rom, by a mile. I can finish living failures in a minute or 2, Rom is always at least 5 minutes and a giant pain in the ass.
>>
>>337314849
Rom.
>>
>>337314849
Neither.

I usually leave Byrgenwerth to the last moment possible because bringing about the Bloodmoon is a total bummer despite the 10/10 Byrgenwerth itself (meaning that Rom eats shit due to damage output), and Living Failures are just plain fun to fight imo.

4 Kings done right.
>>
>>337312418
I made a video for you OP, and I'm not even gud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdJ616Omfss
>>
>>337315310
>He killed Willem
>>
>>337315495
RUNE
>>
>>337312418
What I really love about this game and all other souls game is that you can actually git gud and feel the eternal glory stomping same old "thought-to-be-hard" bosses like nothing. On my first playthrough and NG+ I struggled hard, rom was a mess, logarius made me his bitch for 2 days, ebrietas literally made me throw my controller in rage (I've never done this before btw)
So I continued playing, invested about 150 hours in it, got platinum trophy, my main to NG+3, raised two other characters to NG+, experimented a lot with weapons and god bored after that.
Replayed it recently with gimmick build (level only STR plus skill to 25, armor only starter pants and gloves, accuired BoM before I killed cleric beast and then rushed for beast claws, got them on lvl 43). Made my character old ugly sonuvabitch who kills everyone he sees (damn doll respawning, screw her) and doesn't give a fuck about anything. See a bunch of enemies? Plunge head on and fuck them up all at once! That sorta thing
And then I realized how actually gud am I at this game. Marvelous feeling
>>
>>337315573
But you KILLED WILLEM.
>>
>>337315495

Who doesn't kill Will?
>>
>>337314581
This is the strategy I always use. Never fails.

Kill one spider at a time, always look at Rom/listen for audio cues to figure out what attack to dodge next, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>337315712
He deserved it for not stopping Laurence!
>>
>>337315825
Man that's probably my favourite thing about Bloodborne lore.

>Massive schism between Byrgenwerth and Mensis/Church
>Complete, fundamental inability to bridge this massive gap in philosophy in approach to world-altering approach
>Not a single blow thrown over it, they just leave and Willem has a hissyfit

That's nailing academic arguments right there.
>>
>>337312418

Bolt paper and don't get greedy

He rears up, you run.

Kill all the spiders first, no rush Rom isn't going anywhere.

DONT GET GREEDY
O
N
T

G
E
T

G
R
E
E
D
Y
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.