[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F.E.A.R. Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: FEAR.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FEAR.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
Alright, so the F.E.A.R. series is for sale right now for pretty cheap on Humble.

I've never played any of them. I heard 1 was great, 2 was alright and 3 is terrible. Anyone disagree?

I'd like some opinions on whether or not any of these are worth getting.
If they're not worth getting, why?
>>
>>337307235
How much is it for all the FEAR games in Humble Store?

Bundle Stars has all the games + DLC
>>
1 was pretty damn good, never played the others

just don't expect a scary game, it's more like just a horror mood in a shootan than a game that you play to get your horror itch scratched
AI is pretty good and the gunplay is some of the best in vidya
>>
>>337308116

It's $11.22 for all 3 games on Humble.

The only DLC it doesn't include is the FEAR 2 Reborn DLC.

I've never bought from Bundle Stars. Are they reliable and safe? I did see a while ago they had the FEAR Bundle but I didn't get it because I thought it seemed too good to be true. I just don't want to buy stolen keys or whatever and then get my Steam banned after activating it.
>>
>>337307235
worth it
>>
Get 1 and the expansions

Enjoy the closest thing to a Matrix game you can play.
>>
1 + the expansions is required playing if you like FPS games at all

2 is only worth playing if you really desperately need more, and have already beat 1+expacs on the hardest difficulty

3 is no good at all.
>>
>>337308897
>It's $11.22 for all 3 games on Humble.

what the fuck are you doing
you can get the entire god damn franchise for $5 on bundlestars.
>>
>>337307235
The first FEAR is one of my favorite FPS, it's great. The 2 expacs are okay, but they aren't as consistent in their design as the original, I believe they were just made as shovelware bonus content for a console port by another dev and then got backported to PC.

2 Is good, not as good as 1 but still decent. 3 should have been aborted.
>>
File: 256px-Pathofneobox.jpg (30 KB, 256x356) Image search: [Google]
256px-Pathofneobox.jpg
30 KB, 256x356
>>337309240
wut
>>
File: 1289623782133.jpg (46 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
1289623782133.jpg
46 KB, 600x524
1 is a masterpiece of design and storytelling.

2 is a serviceable game, but a step back in both aspects.

3 was hard to finish, even as a hardcore fan of the first two and the story they told...

So, basically the same thing everyone else has said.
>>
At least play 1
>>
>>337308897
bundlestars is legit.
>>
>>337309615

>you can get the entire god damn franchise for $5 on bundlestars

Yes, I mentioned that in the post you replied to. I was asking if it was safe.

I always just wondered how they managed to get their prices so low. It's lower than Steam and Humble and yet less known than both. That's why I thought it was too good to be true and seemed sketchy. I didn't want to buy stolen keys like some other sites I've heard of supposedly sell.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (79 KB, 1115x733) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
79 KB, 1115x733
>>337312431
I havent been banned, or had my game taken away or anything. They probably just have really good connections in the Russian mafia or something, kek
>>
>>337312431
It's the same as most other bundle sites. The FEAR games go on sale often because they're getting dated now. BundleStars is super legit though, nothing like G2A or Kinguin (even though those are safe too.)
>>
File: 1462645773556.jpg (656 KB, 935x1234) Image search: [Google]
1462645773556.jpg
656 KB, 935x1234
Get all games they are good.

The first one is the classic fear we all love, a great fps and the expansions are good as well.

The second suffers from trying to play catch up with the first, but still is a good game.

The third...well, I managed to have some fun, the fps parts were not bad on very hard, but the story is absolute retarded, the writer should have been taken outside the studio and killed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.