[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wednesday /v/olf: Enemy Territory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
It's the 2nd /v/olf thread, we're still playing as I post this, get in here

We're playing Enemy Territory Wolfenstein every Wednesday nights, and we want you to tag along

Useful info:
>What is Enemy Territory?
Newfag. Enemy Territory Wolfenstein is a WW2 FPS developed by Splash Damage back when they were good. It was made in 2004 or something, it's open source and free to play.

>What do I need to play it?
All you need is the game client, which is really small and a fast install. To make it simple and to have everyone using the same stuff, we'll be using a community mod of the game, which has lots of QoL upgrades, it's available for Windows, Linux and OSX, get it at:
https://www.etlegacy.com/download
Download is 12MB and unpacked game is 232MB with no downloads.

>Where are we playing?
For starters, I'll be hosting a server myself when these threads are up, so you might have to put up with shitty ping, though my internet is pretty decent. It'll be hosted in South West Europe.
Current IP: 2.81.192.107 , no password, you can ctrl+c/v the IP into the game
Console connect: /connect 2.81.192.107

>What kind of server is it?
Full on pub-style, like the old times. Campaign of 6 maps, Oasis, Goldrush, Railgun, Battery, Radar, Fueldump. EXP save for the duration of the campaign, 32 slot server for maximum carnage. Might restrict/unrestrict weapons further than right now, if people ask for it. Currently, max 2 panzers, 2 mortars and 2 rifles per team.

Currently 12 players online, come join the fun
>>
Get in here faggots
>>
fuck this was fun
>>
Are you guys gonna be faggots and disallow mortars?

I've been kicked countless times in the past becuase I get tons of kills by mortaring choke points.

although it's been so long i don't even remember where to aim or where to set up anymore
>>
downloading now

>inb4 300 ping
>>
>>337299541
Well, I made a new thread, but apparently we're not gonna play anymore today, since campaign just ended and most people left

Still, it'll serve a purpose. I need map suggestions for the 2nd campaign. Venice will be one of them, but I need more, I can't remember most map names. I'll probably end up putting one or two of the more liked default maps on it as well, to fill up.

Needs to be 6 maps per campaign, to make it decently long but not too long.

>Campaing 1: Oasis, Goldrush, Railgun, Battery, Radar, Fueldump
>Campaign 2: Venice, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

No Baserace, it's far too long for a campaign, might play it on a specific day instead of campaign though.

PS: I'll also host a Friday /v/olf, on the request of some people, to gauge interest on Friday instead of Wednesday.
>>
>>337300196
oh wait, nevermind, I'm blind and can't read
>>
>>337300196
Mortars won't be disallowed, I want this to be a public-esque server like I used to play 7-8 years ago, basic ET pub with teams of 10 players, no coordination or competitive configs, only fun.

Heavy weapons and the rifle are restricted to 2 per team right now, I might make it 1 if population doesn't go over 16 constantly, but no plans to restrict them to 0, ever. It's still fun to get mortar'd from half way across the map, even if it's just for one person :^)
>>
>>337300246
Strong contenders for maps right now:
>Aldernest
>Supply
>Venice
>Braundorf

Fun maps we might play ocasionally:
>Baserace
>Golden Dunk
>>
>>337299541
>game is still just as fun as ever
>have massive ping that makes it hard to play
>>
>>337301171
People with high ping were saying it wasn't that bad, I suppose because of the AntiLag that ET has.

You can just try to ignore it and have some fun. I might try to find an actual host if this gets enough interest though.
>>
>>337300246
Campaign 2: Venice, Fueldump, Fueldump, Railgun, Fueldump, Fueldump, Fueldump, Fueldump, Venice
>>
>>337301326
I like you
>>
Getting trolled in ET was the worst back in the day. People could have the same name, so one guy would just change names, TK or be an ass and block paths and shit, then change names and start a votekick on the dude whose name he was using.
>>
>>337299541
>Europe
Nigger if I can barely stand east coast ping what the fuck makes you think I'll put up with that?
>>
>>337301801
Read >>337301305
Bunch of people were playing with 200+ ping and enjoying it, so it can't be that bad. It's 200MB anyway, so just give it a try nigger.

We're stopping for tonight though, but we'll repeat this next Friday and next week on Wednesday. Hoping we get more than the 12 we got tonight, it was lots of fun
>>
>>337301305
it's pretty bad, but id tech is magic and bad in id tech is still a lot better than most other games
>>
ET was my shit back in the day. The issue is that the game allows host servers too download "mods" and shit to your game without consent. The only mod worth using was jaymod.

That map in the house where you were really tiny was fucking awesome too.
>>
>>337302192
>The issue is that the game allows host servers too download "mods" and shit to your game without consent
You won't have any of that shit here, I want to keep it as simple as possible, clean ET experience, unless we're doing fun maps occasionally.

The most I'm considering installing will be ETPro, and that's that. Currently, it's pure vanilla ET, a 6map campaign with EXP resetting at the end.
>>
OP here, server shut down for tonight. Had a blast, and the server was only 1/3rd full.

Same time (11PM CET) next Friday to test how many we get on Friday, and again, same time, next Wednesday as well.
I'll be getting more maps for a 2nd campaign too, and will try to find a way to not have my connection doing the uploading and shit the bed on pings even further.

Hopefully everyone had a good time, see you guys on Friday
>>
Do I need the original ET or just ETLegacy
>>
>>337302192
I remember playing some haunted house map that had traps and shit. It was stupid, but sort of fun.
>>
>>337299541
>2 rifles per team.
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
>>337302724
I'm pretty sure either works.
>>
>>337302724
Either should work, but you should get Legacy anyway. It has many improvements over the original game, especially lots of quality of life improvements. It's pretty small and fast to install.
>>
>>337302192
>The only mod worth using was jaymod.
Kill yourself you beta scrub faggot. ET Pro 3.0 is the only mod worth playing anything else is retarded garbage and if you like it you belong in a god damn dumpster because you are fucking trash.
>>
I'll be around looking out for threads, missed tonight but will play anytime. Love getting killed.
>>
I love this game, hope this trend continues.
I'll have to play another night.
>>
Keep it up, I'll put it on my schedule for next week
>>
Any other server I can play on without downloading stupid files all the other servers make you do?
>>
>>337301075
Frostbite?
>>
PROTECT THE GUN CONTROLS

post your favorite voice command
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.