[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the FUCK am I so FUCKING BAD at Souls PvP? >try to land
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: genuine anger.jpg (34 KB, 680x667) Image search: [Google]
genuine anger.jpg
34 KB, 680x667
Why the FUCK am I so FUCKING BAD at Souls PvP?
>try to land hit
>opponent rolls away/shields just fine
>try to evade a hit
>get hit 20 feet from the tip of their blade
>combo'd to death
What the FUCK am I FUCKING doing WRONG?
>>
>>337296220
GIT
>>
>>337296336
GUD
>>
>>337296220
just keep trying. It wasnt until 300+ hours into Souls 1 back then that I got gud. Before then I was dat fuccboi, waddup
>>
>>337296336
>>337296560
HOW!?!?!?!??!?!!??!??!??!?!??!??!????!?!??!
>>
You're being too predictable.

>use war cry
>opponent flinches and rolls away
>r1 whiff directly into charged r2
>they walk right into it for good damage

This shit has won me so many duels.
>>
>>337296798
Well in BB I just use the saif and mash R1 with empty phantasm shell buff.

Win like 80% of the time.
>>
I can't into parrying, so I decided to switch to a weapon art shield, works fucking amazing with a straight sword.

Find your own playstyle and don't try to mimic others.
>>
>>337296842
the even better part about war cry, at least for axes is that you can mix it up really good. like two fully charged r2's. a full and then partial, a partial than a full, or partial charges. War cry is perfect for mind games. not sure about it on clubs though
>>
A couple of tips.

>Never roll horizontally if you're facing someone with a katana or straight sword
>Always roll horizontally if you're facing someone with a spear, rapier, ultra greatsword or greataxe
>Switch weapons, don't try to kill a curved sword user with a straight sword
>Backstab parry spammers
>Be unpredictable, roll in unexpected moments, manually aim attacks
>Don't get greedy
>>
>>337296798
build a motorized r1 spamming machine that attaches to your controller
get the dark sword
>>
File: 4L_mZVrQaL9.png (275 KB, 404x341) Image search: [Google]
4L_mZVrQaL9.png
275 KB, 404x341
>1st playthrough of das3
>decide that I have to help at least one host beat the area boss before I allow myself to move on
>get some shitter hosts that lose and make things take longer than they should but otherwise goes well
>average 30 minutes of co op attempts before succeeding
>2nd playthrough
>this time make an edgelord character who has to win at least one invasion per area
>hosts almost always have 2 phantom buttplugs
>lose miserably
>on the off chance that host is alone I still lose even when I'm an asshole and attack during gestures/chug/etc because I'm that fucking bad at PvP
>stuck on areas for days at a time
this sucks senpai
>>
>>337297839
sad but true
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.