[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game we agree that Bloodborne is the New Vegas of the Souls series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 767x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 767x1080
Game we agree that Bloodborne is the New Vegas of the Souls series?
Better gameplay
Better weapons (less I know, but each one felt unique)
Better atmosphere
Better World
More interesting lore
Best Bosses
Perfect mix of hardcore and accessible to casuals
Incredible sound design and music

This isn't to knock Dark Souls, but Bloodborne really perfected everything Demon Souls started
>>
>>337294165
How's Kent State treating you?
>>
Dark Souls has the best gameplay.
>>
Yes, it's the slightly better game in their shitty prequels
>>
>>337294542
out of curiosity what's kent state have to do with BB?
>>
>>337294776
Bloodbourne was developed at Kent State. I should know. I am Kent State.
>>
Which game is the dark souls of rpgs?
>>
>>337294705
I still struggle to figure out how it would be. It's the most casual friendly game in the series.
>>
>>337294165
That's a dumb comparison. New Vegas had drastically more content and role playing available compared to 3, the complete opposite of BB to DS2/3. BB does have better lore/tone compared to 2 though.
>>
>>337295095
And as we all know, it can't be good if it's accessible.
>>
>>337295116
I just finished everything in Bloodborne a couple days ago, finished Dark Souls when it came out, and BB definitely has more content than Dark Souls. Larger areas (although I believe their are fewer, but the ones there have more content overall) more enemy types, fewer reskins, and by that logic FAR more weapons considering none of them are reskins in BB and most are in DS. So what it lacks in stat builds it more than makes up for in weapon builds.
>>
>>337295095
I think that BB your thinking of
>>
>>337295575
To add to that, the only thing I can think of that Dark Souls has that BB doesn't is finished covenants so if you played very covenant heavy that could be an issue.
>>
File: crestfallen-warrior.jpg (32 KB, 300x393) Image search: [Google]
crestfallen-warrior.jpg
32 KB, 300x393
>>337295256
>A school of magic that required NO investment on stats
>Half of the weapon types were absolutely garbage
>The simplest stat table in the series (including a overly great stat, and a completely useless stat)
>The least amount of infusions in the series (including two flats and the gimmickiest infusion in the series, even more so than mundane or hollow)
>Magic is absolutely boring
>Faith got its utility nerfed but got PEW PEW lightning
>Poise rewarding stacking on an value given by mixmaxing gear instead of actually playing skillfully/
>BS heavy PvP and PvE, most enemies were dumb robots with "please backstab me" in their backs
>practically broken on release
yeah, BEST gameplay for sure.
>>
>>337295952
Yeah it's not like any of the other games in the series have a completely useless stat or anything.
>>
>>337294165
http://www.strawpoll.me/10097196/
>>
File: 1462849973610.jpg (49 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
1462849973610.jpg
49 KB, 640x449
>>337296035
>Luck does something
>AGI does something
>BLT does something (a lot actually)
>Luck 2.0 does something
>>
>>337295952
>A school of magic that required NO investment on stats
Cool.

>Half of the weapon types were absolutely garbage
Nah, they just don't suit your playstyle. Dark Souls has more than one of those.

>The simplest stat table in the series (including a overly great stat, and a completely useless stat)
Bloodborne has the simplest though.

>The least amount of infusions in the series (including two flats and the gimmickiest infusion in the series, even more so than mundane or hollow)
Yeah, okay.

>Magic is absolutely boring
In all of them.

>Poise rewarding stacking on an value given by mixmaxing gear instead of actually playing skillfully/
Poise allows a different playstyle, that's all.

>BS heavy PvP and PvE, most enemies were dumb robots with "please backstab me" in their backs
Better than the R1 to win gameplay of the rest of them.

>practically broken on release
Nah.
>>
>>337296306
Pyromancy is a scrub crutch
Whips and Fists don't fit anyone's playstyle. Axes and Clubs got slammed from their previous iterations.
Yeah, okay because it's the truth
Magic wasn't boring in DS2 and BB.
If easymode is a playstyle, then sure.
R1 spamming is easily dealt with after a couple of times you face it.
The game had a lot of gamebreaking issues on console release.
>>
>>337295723
Why would I be thinking of BB?
>>
>>337297052
>Yeah, okay because it's the truth

That's... what he's saying you fucking moron. Jesus you're such a dumb cunt you have to refute people who are agreeing with you.
>>
>>337297052
>Pyromancy is a scrub crutch
So what?

>Whips and Fists don't fit anyone's playstyle. Axes and Clubs got slammed from their previous iterations.
Speak for yourself.

>Yeah, okay because it's the truth
I agree, I wasn't being sarcastic.

>Magic wasn't boring in DS2 and BB.
It's not boring in BB because it's barely there. You can do essentially everything you can do in BB in the other games as well.

>If easymode is a playstyle, then sure.
Yeah, it is.

>R1 spamming is easily dealt with after a couple of times you face it.
I'm talking PvE. Nobody gives a shit about PvP 'balance'.
>>
Agreed OP.

PCfags are just mad they'll never play it
>>
>>337297212
>It's not boring in BB because it's barely there.
Playing pure ARC is by far the most unique experience in these games. Especially after you get the Parasite.
>>
File: 999 ending.png (295 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
999 ending.png
295 KB, 394x394
>tfw accidentally killed the first blacksmith in the game

Man, i should have restarted right there, at least the BKGS carried me a good while before getting broken.

O&S was a fun boss fight.
>>
>>337297525
I love arc in BB because it doesn't feel overly saturated with useless shit. Every hunter tool is unique in appearance, application, and use.
You don't need 10 slightly varying versions of soul spear, Blacksky Eye does the job.
A Call Beyond is aesthetically amazing and terrifying for opponents, but exhilarating to dodge through.
Executioner's gloves align nicely with executioner builds, have homing, and are once again aesthetically unique.
Madaras Whistle is insanely fun and unpredictable, not to mention hilarious.
You get the idea. BB doesn't have a lot of magic, but makes up for it with the quality of the ones it does have.
>>
>>337298517

I want to go back into Bloodborne and do Strength/Arcane. My first run was Skill/Blood which was fun and all, but all that arcane equipment was just calling to me the entire time.

I was so jealous when someone shot tentacles at me in pvp.
>>
BB is my favourite in the series. I didn't play NV after how shitty I found Fallout 3 so I don't know if the comparison is apt.
>>
Bloodborne is the melee of soulsborne games
>>
>>337294165
More like the Red Dead Redemption of the GTA series
>>
>>337294165
>More interesting lore
>Best Bosses
>Better weapons
Bait
People gave a dam about BB because of the dlc , the Game bosses are forgettable as fuck except the human ones.
>>
>>337301959
That's a really good comparison. Fits all of the qualifications.
>>
>>337294165
i prefer the medieval feel of dark soils
>>
>>337302216
BB has the best weapon design in the series, that really isn't even debatable.
>>
>>337294165

I think DS3 has the best bosses in the end, not necessarily because of design or difficulty, they're just plain more fun to fight.

But otherwise, yea, BB was the best in almost every other category. Though atmosphere wise, nothing quite beats Latria in Demon's, but BB was consistently better throughout in terms of atmosphere
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.