[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo Directs are now filled with more news about Amiibos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14
File: kuAzoTm_.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kuAzoTm_.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>Nintendo Directs are now filled with more news about Amiibos than actual games

At what point did you stop being a fan of Nintendo?
>>
>>337278326
The Wii's release.
>>
>stop

they are the only reason why I still play video games. thank god that they exist
>>
>>337278326
E3 2015.
>>
File: shockedchaika.png (290 KB, 505x696) Image search: [Google]
shockedchaika.png
290 KB, 505x696
>>337278326
>toys and games company talks about toys and games
>>
I haven't really played Nintendo consoles since Gamecube, so I was actually starting to get kind of hyped for NX. It's basically evaporated at this point.
>>
When did the n64 come out?
Cause it was then.
>>
>>337278326
They've already moved onto NX development, and they won't talk about software for that yet, so what else is there to talk about?
>>
>>337279309
it's shitposting: the thread

report and ignore
>>
>>337278326

GC and GBA were hugely dissapointing.

Wii and DS were the final nails in the coffin. Yet casuals ate that shit up.
>>
>>337278326
When they wasted all that time and effort on Other M instead putting that on Metroid: Dread for the DS.
>>
>>337280531
>old enough to have been around for GBC
>still complains about casuals
holy shit grow up or at least find better motivation to shitpost
>>
>>337278326
I'm starting to lose faith in them about now. Not showing off the NX at E3 is ridiculous. I think they're going to go full-on mobile, soon.
>>
>>337278326
I think everyone jumped ship when they were like FUCK YOU to the youtube community and deleted everyone's videos. No other company did that shit. EA stole monetization for awhile but gave it back when the backlash came, but still they didnt flat out delete shit. Now the only fans Nintendo has are chrischan and like 7 year old boys who finished COD and need something else to do or their mom bought them a game.
>>
Cloud amiibo when?
>>
>>337283450
We'll likely know on E3 or the next Direct, whatever comes first.
>>
>>337282320
>deleted everyone's videos
They don't take videos down, they take monetization
>>
when i first played mario kart 8
>>
>>337281886
>I think they're going to go full-on mobile, soon
I don't see why, no other company that's been shit on for making mobile game has outright stopped making console games altogether
>>
File: 1459948242302.gif (189 KB, 165x208) Image search: [Google]
1459948242302.gif
189 KB, 165x208
How much until "toys to life" bubble implode?

Because Disney discontinued their Infinity series and exits videogame development today and that's a huge game changer, at least for videogame toys.
>>
File: how neo nintendo makes games.png (49 KB, 801x396) Image search: [Google]
how neo nintendo makes games.png
49 KB, 801x396
>>337278391
fpbp
>>
>>337284130
>05/06/16
I swear to God I've seen this EXACT post, word for word, far earlier than this date.
Are Nintendo criticism threads just this utterly predictable?
>>
File: 1365134528850.jpg (80 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1365134528850.jpg
80 KB, 456x386
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-3ds-top-10-selling-games/
>pokemon
>mario
>pokemon
>mario
>mario
Where's the NEW games, Nintendo?
Fucking reheating the same old shit over and over and over, year after year.
>>
>>337283886
no they copyright flagged everyone at one point.
>>
>>337284130
>as we're God and can do no wrong
Why do people always expect corporations to just break down and kiss your feet and say "we're so sowwy"?
A corporation cannot and should not admit to their own mistakes unless the fate of your company depends on it. It tells other members of the industry that you're weak and have no confidence in your own actions, and whatever little respect fans may give you is both temporary and ridiculously expendable.
It's not humility, it's bad business etiquette.
>>
>>337284496
>make new game
>it sells like shit
t. everything except Squidlolis
>>
File: 1462934485687.jpg (89 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1462934485687.jpg
89 KB, 808x805
>Tfw Nintendo NX will be shit hardware, gimmicky, overpriced, shit with no vr
PS4.5 here I come
>>
Zelda/NX/E3 decision was the last straw from me. I'm done hoping they can put out anything worthwhile because they just get worse and worse every year.
>>
>>337278326
Since snes era.
>>
File: 1401245857819.jpg (9 KB, 195x234) Image search: [Google]
1401245857819.jpg
9 KB, 195x234
>>337285085
>gimmicky
>wants vr
>>
>>337284753
Non one expects them to bow down and kiss feet you pretentious apologist Nintendrone. The fans DO WANT Nintendo to stop sucking, and as long as they're reliant on gimmicks to push them forward you cannot and will not get them improving themselves, because it doesn't push them forward at all, it keeps them fucking stagnant.

>>337284280
Nintendo is predictably bad now so much so they people haven't had to change their criticisms. Nintendo has made no fucking effort whatsoever to better themselves and still suffers from major delusion, thinking they'll get another success from gimmicks like the Wii. Wii was a 1 time fad, motion control success isn't coming back.
>>
>>337284753
>>337284280
It's like you both ignored that the screenshotted post is exactly right.
>>
>>337285452
>because it doesn't push them forward at all
And not having gimmicks will suddenly make the games better?
Not trying to defend forced gimmicks, but removing gimmicks doesn't mean the games will suddenly become super deep and forward-pushing to the extent that they will meet your standards.
You could take all the gimmicks away from their current lineup and they'd still be too mediocre for you to consider good.
>>
Because anyone over 10 that still plays them might as well wear diapers. They don't want people any older and their marketing clearly shows that.

Fans over 10 are just delusional faggots.
>>
>>337278326

When I turned 12.

>inb4 last year
>>
>>337278391
When they released the Wii.
>>
>>337278326
Twilight Princess.

Haven't bought any Nintendo product since. Feel like I really dodged a bullet not getting a Wii or Wii U.
>>
>>337282320
None cared about that shit except youtubers. Nintendo's main problems are worse.
>>
File: Gimmicks are gay.png (343 KB, 445x470) Image search: [Google]
Gimmicks are gay.png
343 KB, 445x470
>>337285731
You cannot have fundamentally strong core gameplay while a control gimmick is the central focus of the games development. So yes, removing the gimmick would mean the gamplay would improve because modern Nintendo's dev teams use motion controls/gimmicks in general as a developmental crutch.

If nothing else, it would make them think more and the gameplay would be stronger from it.

The entire reason Nintendo has been getting stale since the Wii's release was the fact that they've had constant gimmicks to hold their hand. You may be right in that it wouldn't be instant, but their developmental direction and creativity would fill in the gaps where the gimmicks held their hand before. This leads to stronger developmental focus, making games that aren't shallow experiences and use the actual GAMEPLAY instead of the gimmick to move the progression along.

The unfortunate thing is, motion controls did have potential. But poor implementation, hard coding obstacles, and creatively dead developers would not let them see that potential. This combined with the fact that the motion control fad is over and interest is dead, means its better to let them go rather than mill about and try and recapture a group that's NOT COMING BACK.
>>
>>337286129
This year
>>
Shortly after I bought the Wii.
>>
File: 18bl66z3aw73zjpg.jpg (48 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
18bl66z3aw73zjpg.jpg
48 KB, 800x450
>>337278326
>>
>>337286320
>If nothing else, it would make them think more and the gameplay would be stronger from it.
Or they could just keep phoning it in for as long as mediocrity continues to sell.
Gimmicks are only one component of Nintendo's supposed mediocrity. The other component is a conscious effort on Nintendo's part to design their games in a way that they think won't alienate people who don't know how to play vidya. Removing gimmicks won't fix that other component, and I honestly want to see how /v/ would react if NX was completely gimmick-free but the games were still all shallow as fuck because that's simply how Nintendo wants to make their games nowadays.
>>
Only nintendo thing I bought this year was Pokken.

Might hack my 3DS once I stop being lazy and fix the control pad and get a bigger SD card.
>>
>>337278326
Bought a 3DS and installed CFW on it and I still regret the purchase to this day.

When did Nintendo handhelds changed from awesome third-party support and a shitload of JRPGs to a barren wasteland of gimped first-party releases unfit for a handheld.
>>
>>337285237
Here's the thing, its not a gimmick, its an optional control method. When I say gimmick I mean forced shitty mechanic that ruins a game, aka everything Nintendo has done past gen
>>
>>337286896
>it's optional, that means it's not a gimmick!
It is when Sony's going to be marketing VR as a core feature of their games.
>>
>>337284914
>make new game
>game sucks
>doesn't sell
>"WHY IS THIS GAME NOT SELLING?"
>>
>>337287087
>just make a good game, bro!
Nobody can ever tell if their game is going to hit home or not.
>>
File: meh.png (99 KB, 397x385) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
99 KB, 397x385
>>337286672
Oh yeah I definitely see what you're saying. They're trying to expand their audience for the widest potential sales by dumbing down gameplay, I'm just saying removing one of the compenents that caused them to stagnate into this mindset in the first place will eventually lead them to betterment.

The entire reason for their shift in development direction to better encompass the casual and nongamer audience was the Wii and the "blue ocean" strategy. It was a business decision. If you remember E3 06 or 07 it was their direct intent to abandon the core, but this hasn't worked for them because the Wii while having booming hardware, and Wiimote attach rates fundmentally stripped their games of any challenge, quality, or mechanical control complexity.

In wanting gimmicks gone its my hope that their design philosophy would change back to make more solid and strong games that you can come back to year after year because you can always have a solid experience from it.

I mean, really if you think about it its not the casuals that are the problem in the end, it's the fact that Nintendo is trying to pander to a group that no longer cares about them anymore, instead of the rabid old core that numbers in the millions who want them to actually DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE with their IP's. instead we get spinoff garbage.

>mfw chibo robo spinoffs, federation force, and others
>>
>>337278326
now
>>
File: 1446173250064.png (204 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1446173250064.png
204 KB, 800x800
>>337278326
Wait did they have a new direct on that I missed or something?
>>
They're amazing. Still easily the best company.

Its easy to admit this once you stop buying their videogames and have an unbiased view.

A lot of you who shit on them don't play their games or refuse to give them money so you are all completely biased as fuck.
>>
>>337287285
>its my hope that their design philosophy would change back to make more solid and strong games that you can come back to year after year because you can always have a solid experience from it
Hate to break it to you, but that's not what would happen.
The only thing that can change Nintendo's ways is a hostile takeover by a Western-centric Japanese corporation that strips the current guard at Nintendo of pretty much all control and enforces strict quotas on vidya development.
>>
File: desu.png (357 KB, 835x619) Image search: [Google]
desu.png
357 KB, 835x619
>>337287574
It's like you're ignoring everything I'm writing and focusing on one sentence each time.

Oh wait. Yeah whatever.
>>
>>337284496

>expecting new IP to magically sell 10 million+ units
>expecting new series to outsell 30+ year old classic pop culture franchises

Are you
A
Fucking
Retard?
>>
File: peacock.png (276 KB, 1280x1327) Image search: [Google]
peacock.png
276 KB, 1280x1327
Is it me or has /v/ had more Nintendo Vs Sony threads lately?
>>
>>337287697
Am I wrong in my idea?
>>
When they stop making actual video games.

That being said I've long lost hope in Sony & Microsoft
>>
>>337287697
Are you still here? I still wanna talk.
>>
>>337284496
Splatoon is a new IP, it did pretty well.
Wonderful 101 is a new IP, though not done by Nintendo. It didn't really sell that much.

Now if you're gonna argue about just 3DS:

HarmoKnight is a new IP made by the developers of Pokemon. It didn't do that well, despite it being a good game.
Bravely Default is a new IP, Squeenix made a second game so I'd guess it sold well.
Yokai Watch is a new IP that performed pretty good in Japan and many people said it would kill Pokemon. Surprise surprise, it didn't do shit to Pokemon.
Tomodachi Life had just one previous game on the DS, and that one didn't make it outside Japan so the 3DS game is the first time it's introduced to the west. Yet you see it right there in the top 10 selling games.

Before you go on to say that most of those games weren't made by Nintendo, you complained about Pokemon in your post. And Pokemon is developed by GameFreak, not by Nintendo.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.