[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright lads. I need some recommendations for my psp. I barely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 302x167
Alright lads. I need some recommendations for my psp. I barely have anything for it and I'd like to see what's worth picking up.
Already have:
Ape Escape: On the loose
Daxter
Megaman: Powered up
Maverick Hunter X
Medieval: Resurrection
Parapa the rapper
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
>>
I still use mine as a Final Fantasy Tactics machine that ocasionally runs Tactics Ogre.
Other than that, it has a decent GBA emulator, I guess.
>>
Burnout Legends
>>
There's so many good rpgs on the psp. Just look it up on youtube or something.
>>
I could've sworn I just saw a thread exactly like this one, but for a Vita.

Why are there so many fucking people buying PSPs nowadays anyway? Just download PPSSPP.
>>
>>337278667
playing on the actual handheld itself is more comfy
>>
File: 1447819057688.jpg (10 KB, 256x288) Image search: [Google]
1447819057688.jpg
10 KB, 256x288
>Gitaroo Man Lives!
A fantastic rhythm game and video game in general. If you like Parappa you'll love it.
>DJMax Portable 3
Pretty fun rhythm game if you can get into the odd music.
>Persona 3 Portable
JRPG and high school waifu suicide simulator.
>Danganronpa:THH
Only if your PC is a toaster that can't play it. There's an ENG fan translation out there. Think Ace Attorney, a visual novel and Battle Royale.
>Princess Crown
Dunno if there's an ENG patch but it's a great Vanillaware action rpg.

I used the system as a PS1/GBA too. The thing is brain dead easy to put cfw on at this point. Really a nice little portable system.

>>337278667

I don't mind emulation but I can't stand playing anything on a phone. PSPs are cheap now and it has a good library.
>>
>>337279281
>>337278965
No, I meant PPSSPP on the PC
>>
The patapon series
>>
Ace Combat X and X2
Wipeout Pure and Pulse
Burnout Dominator and Legends
Metal Slug Anthology
MGSPW
Patapon Series
>>
>>337278667
OP here. I've been packing up to move into an apartment and recently rediscovered my psp and it's small library, hence the thread.
>>
>>337279338
I know you meant on the pc. I prefer playing on the original handheld.
>>
>>337276882
Lumines
Z.H.P.
Pangya Fantasy Golf
Disgaea / Disgaea 2
Dracula X Chronicles
Loco Roco

>>337279338
Part of what makes PSP comfy is it being portable. It's not the same just emulating on PC.
>>
I LOVE THE PSP !
>>
>>337277413
Tactics ogre and the gba emulator are both great. Fft is also neat, but I prefer TO to be honest.
Parasite eve has a retarded as fuck story, but the gameplay is fun, and the ass is great.
Gladiator begins is a lot of fun, it's a beatemup, but rewarding and awesome.
Check out vs recommenced games, it got taken over by reddit, but a lot of the games are still valid
>>
>>337276882
ace combat: skies of deception
>>
File: nipah.gif (392 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
nipah.gif
392 KB, 400x225
>>337282329

It really is a great portable. I didn't fully appreciate it until recently

>friend's old apt got broken into, his vidya consoles and games stolen
>he moved back with his parents in the middle of nowhere
>buy a second psp, put cfw and pack it with lots of games and send it to him for his bday
>sends text a week later
>"Dude, thank you. This psp is awesome."
>>
>>337276882
-Dissidia Duodecim should be your #1 priority.
-Crisis core is blehhh but I guess still worth playing.
-FF type-0 english patch is okayish as well now enough with the FF.
-MONSTER HUNTER mhfu and mhp3rd english patched are worth playing.
-Patapon is alright, at least the 2nd and 3rd are worth playing I guess.
-Tekken 6 if you like fighting I guess.
-KHBBSFM eng patched if you like kingdom hearts.
-Persona series is there, but I could never fucking get into it.
>>
Honestly the PSP is my favorite handheld ever. I don't understand why so many people hate it.
>>
>>337284169
>emulates snes and psx
its awesome
>>
>>337284169
People only hated on it when it was somewhat new, when it had few games and a stupid expensive and silly movies.
People have been loving the psp for many years now, at least on v.
People flail on the vita for having few games, worse screen on the newer model and expensive as fuck memory cards. But as soon as it get hacked and can play most of the emulators out there people will start to praise it as well
>>
Growlanser 4
Wild Arms XF
Gungnir
Yggdra Union
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins
Half-Minute Hero
>>
>>337284446
Isn't the snes emulator gimped and barely working?
>>
>>337284696
It's not perfect, but it runs most games just fine. It mostly struggles with games that had some sort of enhancement chip in the cartridge.
>>
File: Valkyria_Chronicles_II.jpg (66 KB, 256x440) Image search: [Google]
Valkyria_Chronicles_II.jpg
66 KB, 256x440
>>337276882
Pic related.
I hope you have cfw because sony decided to make this game impossible to find.
>>
>>337284696
No? It runs most games in the SNES library. The ones it has trouble with are mostly those that use special chips, like Star Fox or Megaman X2.

Only regular game I've had some slow downs with is Tiny Toons Wacky Sports, for some odd reason.
>>
Don't remeber most of them . WIll just post few of them:
-Black Rock Shooter The Game
- Miku project diva 2nd and extend
-Brave Story New Traveler
-Class of heroes 1 and 2
-Final Fantasy 4 complete collection (best ffiv version)
-Monster hunter (ANY up to 3rd)
-Fate Extra and Fate Extra CCC
-Sol Trigger - masterpiece
- Unchained blades
- Persona 3 fes
-Star Ocean first and second
-One Piece Romance Dawn
-Dissidia 012 deudecim
-Any tales game
-Trails in the sky
-Suikoden tsumugareshi hyakunen no toki or something like that
-Final promise story
-Last ranker
-Kingdom hearts
>>
>>337276882
cfw

Tyrian 2000
>>
>>337284696
On PSP it has definitely come a long way. I played Chrono Trigger in slow motion not even knowing it was lagging. Eventually I went back with an updated emulator and the difference was huge.
Its definitely playable to say the least, and if you're playing on PSP make sure to get the ME version (Vita can't use that version.) Its literally better on PSP than Vita right now.
>>
I have a psp sitting around, I don't really like weebshit but I do like the consol itself, what are some good non jap games? Is secret agent clank good?
>>
>>337285267
How's the 3ds version of romance dawn? Is there any significant difference to the psp version?
>>
Here's a bump, OP.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.