[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Starforce Series so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: OphiuchusQueen.jpg (54 KB, 346x470) Image search: [Google]
OphiuchusQueen.jpg
54 KB, 346x470
Why is the Starforce Series so bad?
>>
It wasn't SO bad, it just wasn't as good.
First one had a great story and 3rd was just as well-made as the better half of BN games.
>>
>>337271146
This. I feel like Starforce 2 was pretty much the series equivalent of BN4 with all the backtracking you had to do through areas. Not to mention that the bosses really weren't that memorable.
>>
>>337270958
>Bad
Get some taste, you fucking pleb.
>>
File: Megaman.Starforce.3.full.255327.jpg (187 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.Starforce.3.full.255327.jpg
187 KB, 1024x768
>he never played best Star Force game
>>
>>337270958
It was okay
Luna is best girl though
>>
File: Sonia.jpg (136 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Sonia.jpg
136 KB, 1024x1024
>>337272352
mah nigga

>>337272398
>Luna
>best
bait harder
>>
>>337273015
Sonia a best but she got downgraded so hard after the first game.
>SF2: You won't understand Geo, us being Brothers will endanger you despite everything we've learned about being to each other in the last game!
>SF3: I'm doing U-15 photoshoots in bikini tee hee, have some sideline cheering, I believe in you Geo!

lazy ass japs and their shit writing I don't even
>>
File: MegamanStarForce3[1].jpg (48 KB, 519x309) Image search: [Google]
MegamanStarForce3[1].jpg
48 KB, 519x309
>>337270958
it wasn't. If they kept going there's no doubt in my mind it would have surpassed Battle Network as a series. But it ended on an amazingly high note anyways, SF3 was on par with BN 3/2 imo.
>>
>>337273015
I'm sorry for having different opinions than you
>>
>>337270958
For a second I read it as why is the starfox series so bad, and felt confused because the character looked like it was from either megaman or DBZ.
>>
>>337270958
I wouldn't say it was bad, I just thought the over the shoulder/one row of movement change was weird. I beat the first game and dropped the series after, didn't grab me like BN did.
>>
File: DiamondIce.jpg (209 KB, 930x933) Image search: [Google]
DiamondIce.jpg
209 KB, 930x933
How do I get a diamond ice gf?
>>
>>337270958
Why did Luna not get Ophiuca back? Bud got Taurus back as his wizard.
>>
File: smug.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>337273836
She certainly made my dick diamonds.
>>
>>337273819
I did the same and years later got a huge BN thirst and orderes Sf 2 and 3 off the net and played through them a few months ago. 2 was shit but 3 hooked and kept me. I 100% completed it except for the last star you can only get by fighting like 30 battles in a row online because I have no one to fight.
>>
File: megaman.png (182 KB, 1366x507) Image search: [Google]
megaman.png
182 KB, 1366x507
Emulating starforce makes it twice as good
>>
>>337274218
Emulating 3d DS games is always an amazing experience. So much was lost from its resolution.
>>
>>337274124
But she's flat chested, you niny.

btw luna is worst girl
>>
Starforce makes me sad. I remember playing through all three in my early twenties while in bed next to my then gf. Life was great. The games kept getting better and I was sure this girl was the one.

Halfway through the 3rd, she died thanks to some drunk driver. I still haven't finished the game to this day.
>>
I started emulating the first game a while back, but I got bored of it.

I think the last boss I defeated was the Librascale guy, how far into it was I? I'm thinking of going back to it, and finishing it up.
>>
>>337274642
Woah man what the hell are you trying to make me sad again
>>
>>337270958
Because they took a perfectly good battle system that had been developed over 6 games and then decided to remove two columns, change the camera, and put it in 3D, which was nothing but a stupid simplification of it.
>>
>1
Theme is awesome but the protag was written to depress both you and himself.
>2
wat
>3
fucking perfect.
>>
>>337270958
How do I fuck this
>>
>>337270958
Fuck you it was great
3 was amazing
>>
>>337274218
does it emulate well?
>>
Sonia a best
>>
Bud is best
>>
>>337270958
In my opinion

Geo has got to be simultaneously one of the most depressing and best written MCs ever. Star Force 1 has you in full emo mode. Half of the tasks in the game have you go to this one stargazing spot over and over. He keeps constantly doubting himself and quite frankly, it just puts me off. Especially when you're in control of the character after he goes on a bitch fit with Omega-xis. I know the feeling of loosing a love one and let me tell you. This was incredibly spot on.

Star Force 2 removed Vista Point altogether and had you traveling the world. It was fun seeing Geo and friends interact with Solo for the first time too. What still gets me to this day was his "BRING THEM BACK" speech. That shit was Gurren Lagann tier of hype. You're also still mostly kind of mopey, but you can tell he's improving. His dad gets mentioned a lot less as well. Meaning he's moving on with his life.

Don't get me started on SF3. Omega-xis ain't the one calling the shots anymore, it's always Geo now. He's not mopey anymore. You only get a mention of his dad near the ending, and when Luna gets shattered into a million Luna pieces, he goes through hell and back to piece her together.

Not to mention, his face sprite changes mid-game. I'm still the only one that seems to notice that too.
>>
>>337281063
I seriously thought I was the only one that noticed the sprite changes
>>
>>337281063
Can someone post the changes, never noticed the difference.
>>
1 was okay, 2 was crap, 3 was amazing.

>he didn't save Sonia's treasured item

Poor choice, Anon.
>>
>>337282927
this, never noticed it

>the only doujins that are out there are thanks to a Lunafag
I don't know whether to thank him or to spit on him
>>
>>337274218
Jesus Christ, the improvements are insane.
>>
>>337282927
Seconding
>>
Changes plz
>>
>>337274218
>>337284870
You could add bloom and sweet lens flares if you installed reshade.
>>
>>337273364
Drill a best girl. I want to sniff her socks
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.