[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.windowscentral.com/gigan tic-gets-new-life-perfec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Gigantic.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1026) Image search: [Google]
Gigantic.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1026
http://www.windowscentral.com/gigantic-gets-new-life-perfect-world-publishing-deal-expands-all-windows-64-bit-platforms

http://pastebin.com/VYs6VCxK

gigantic is not doa

this is good news
>>
File: Tomoko-comfy playing vita.jpg (77 KB, 467x677) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko-comfy playing vita.jpg
77 KB, 467x677
Is this a third-person MOBA?

I mean...give me a reason why I shouldn't just disregard this game for it being a MOBA.
>>
>>337261404
It's not a MOBA

Unless you think Class-Based TPS games are MOBA's
>>
File: Very.png (100 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Very.png
100 KB, 750x600
>>337261404
>Disgusting redditor 3d trash
dont make me to shitpost here you piece of shit
>>
is it free?
>>
>>337260631
It's not doa because it's dead before even arriving.

I had to sit in queue for 35 minutes to find a game. I'm not even exaggerating - it took the game 35 fucking minutes to find 9 people and I don't think there's even an elo based matchmaking system, yet.
>>
>>337263461
It's not out but it will be f2p

>>337263839
I imagine when the game comes out and all the servers merge/they get their shit together the queues will be less garbage
>>
Didn't i play the beta of this like a year ago...
>>
>>337261404
It's not a MOBA. It's an action game. There's no lanes or creep farming or item buying or RTS autism

Think Monday night combat
>>
So they finally decided that making it windows 10 only was the stupidest fucking thing they ever did?
>>
>>337264085
Yeah, seeing the turnover for the Beta probably changed M$ mind really quickly.
>>
Been playing it for almost two and a half years, it's shit, stop shilling.
>>
>>337261404
It's... Well, I am not sure it's technically a MOBA but it does something new at the very least. You got the part where you pick a hero and you can level up, but there are no creeps and instead the objective is to capture controlpoints more or less by summoning a creature.

You can choose what type of creature to summon, each giving different buffs and have different attacks and the stronger ones requires you to offer up Ultimate stacks. Rather than your ultimate having a cooldown, you gather energy for it through kills, capturing and other things and you can stack 3 times and each stack makes the ultimate stronger.

There are no lanes and the game consists basically of you and your team capturing points and killing enemy creatures on the points and enemy heroes. The more points you control, the faster the gauge for your Guardian, a giant titanic fucking monster, fills up (Also fills up through kills) and when it's full, it'll rampage through the map and attack the other guardian, leaving it vulnerable for your team to attack. Goal is to "Kill" the guardian.

Also, you can sneak into the enemy guardian and steal energy. I'm sure there are some things I've missed but it's been a while since I played it.
>>
>>337264401
It's not shit per say but it's going to have a hard time competing with overwatch
>>
>>337264401
It's better than Overwatch at least.
>>
>>337264881
I disagree, I've played both. Though gigantic is definitely second in line with battleborn/paragon/etc behind it
>>
>>337264881
this
>>
>>337265016
I haven't played Battleborn and Paragon, but in all honesty Paragon looks like an infinitely better Gigantic. I love Gigantics artstyle, but the gameplay was very dull and movement as well as abilities had incredibly floaty feeling to them.
>>
>>337264401
if its so shit why did you play it for 2 years?
>>
>Today we’re excited and proud to announce our new partnership with Perfect World Entertainment.

This kills the game (even further). PWE is the worst fucking company ever. I'll give it a few months after release until Gigantic to become pay2win.
>>
>>337266971
pay2win with what?
you dont have in game items
>>
>>337267817
Oh PW will find a way. They're known in the mmo community for being slimy, money hungry assholes. Every game with their name on it is pay2win garbage.
>>
>>337267817
you underestimate the greed of the xiaos
>>
>>337268134
>>337268140

unless they sell tjing to start the match at higer level than the others,its not gonna happen
>>
>>337268308
谢谢你给我们一个好主意。我们将钱从很多小的人。
>>
File: tracer_and_tripp.jpg (336 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
tracer_and_tripp.jpg
336 KB, 742x960
Windows Store
Perfect World
I don't know which is worse. I just want to play Gigantic without 10 minute queues.
>>
Why couldn't a good company buy this thing? Why does it have to turn into a pay2win-fest kusoge? The art direction is top notch, why let it go to waste?
>>
>>337269568
The matching will probably be shit no matter what.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.