[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch Hero Classification
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
The in-game classification of "Offense, Defense, Tank, Support" is absolute garbage and gives people the wrong idea about how different heroes operate. ITT we discuss what the classifications should be.

In my mind there are quite a few categories, each one being occupied by one or two heroes:

Assassins (flank the opponent, kill high-priority targets, harass and gain undue attention):
-Genji
-Reaper
-Tracer

Snipers
-Hanzo
-Widowmaker

Area Denial:
-Symmetra
-Mei
-Torbjorn
-Bastion
-Reinhardt

Offensive disruption (breaks up and interferes with offensive pushes)
-DVa
-Zarya

Defensive disruption (breaks up defensive entrenchments)
-Roadhog
-Winston

DPS
-McCree
-Pharah
-Soldier
-Junkrat

Healing
-Lucio
-Mercy

?????
-Zenyatta
>>
4chan OP Classification: Autistic
>>
>>337252992
Where do you think you are right now
>>
Zenyatta should be classified as "pretty fun to play when you actually heal people"
>>
>>337251976
>game maker tries to keep things simple
>4 general categories, not all heroes play the same, figure it out!

theorycrafters/autismos/remove fun/jackasses come along:
>no no you see the 4 categories are not a suitable classification method which correctly describes the way different heroes operate!
> WE NEED 8!

Your kind is what drains the fun and enjoyment out of vidya. Just fucking play the game.
>>
>>337254268
Conveyance is important, especially in a game like this which is more focused on casual players

Having DVa, a character who dies quickly and is meant to be used to break up attacks and take out soft targets before exploding and retreating, in the same classification as Reinhardt, a standard "sit there and protect" hero, is ridiculous.

As is putting Reaper and Genji in the same category as McCree, they are absolutely nothing alike and serve entirely different purposes.

Either make the classifications mean something or don't have them.
>>
Zenyatta can be under DPS, if you can land headshots while they have the orb of discord it's brutal damage
>>
>>337252992
>4chan OP Classification: Shill
Fixed that for you. Fuck off blizzdrones shills
>>
>>337255538
He could be, but he's also healing and utility.

Zenyatta's a strange beast, he defies classification as he tends to function both as a healer/debuffer and as a mid-range DPS
>>
>>337255741
Topic about game on game board
topic about actualy quite interesting subject
>blizzshill
crawl back to your hole weeb.

>>337255772
We could use some more supoorts in this game.
robomonk is cool but way harder than rest of them, and you cant actually heal as eficient. Same with Symetria, dont get me wrong I know they are made for diffrent job but if you wanna heal team you dont take them, and having only 2 healers is kinda boring after a while(well lucio isnt boring at all, I love this nigger)
>>
>>337255772
But is also total shit and is the least picked hero
>>
>>337251976
You forgot one

God
-Junkrat
>>
>>337256708
Zenyatta is probably a great pick when you're running 2 tank 2 support but your tank picks lack DPS

I can see 2 winston, lucio, zenyatta, widowmaker/hanzo, and mccree/junkrat/pharah being an extremely solid offensive team.
>>
>>337256708
>trying to discuss vidya on /v/
>being this new
>>
>>337257053
as a fifth player or one of those 2 supports?
>>
>>337257250
sry.....we came from /pol/ with peace.
>>
>>337257648
As one of the two supports. Lucio/Mercy is a bit redundant, and Symmetra is great for defending but not attacking.
>>
>>337258069
my biggest problem with Z is 150hp, I die like a fly if they even look at me.
But I had just cuple games with him, so mabe it is longer learning proces.
>>
>>337251976
these categories are retarded because many of the characters can fulfill several roles like pharah being able to destroy sentries easily, is able to flank and assassinate healers in 2 shots

Listing a class as dps is as bad as listing them as offense because its extremely generic
>>
>>337258908
>pharah being able to destroy sentries easily
Which is the role of DPS

>is able to flank and assassinate healers in 2 shots
Both DVa and Pharah have ways to go around the main force and fuck up smaller targets but that's not their main function. Genji can fuck people up in mid-range duels if he's got good aim and all his tools up but you'd be hard-pressed to call him a DPS
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.