[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, how was it? I almost never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: 91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg (394 KB, 1500x1372) Image search: [Google]
91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg
394 KB, 1500x1372
So now that the dust has settled, how was it?

I almost never see people playing it or talking about it and everyone on twitch is usually playing the old one.

Is it inferior to the original?
>>
no, its about the same.

not much was changed outside the usual 3ds conversions.

arguably the definitive version unless you're a lighting fag
>>
It's great but nostalgia will always make the original better.
>>
It should have been on the Wii U along with the OoT remake, nobody wants to play those games on such a small screen.
>>
It's a straight up reskin, but they did the one thing I REALLY wanted them to do. Add actual 3D modeled trees instead of the ones that look like cardboard cutouts in the original game.
>>
>>337251301
yes because those low poly models would've looked so much better.
>>
There's a new time song IIRC
>>
File: 1462937547458.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1462937547458.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>337251301
>remake

oh this meme again
>>
>>337251081
Huge nostalgiafag here

Remake is better outside zora swimming. That's literally the only problem.
>>
>>337251081

Yes, it is inferior to the original. I'm too tired to itemize the port's failings but just stick to the N64 version.
>>
File: 1332728676738.gif (2 MB, 314x291) Image search: [Google]
1332728676738.gif
2 MB, 314x291
>>337251783
People arguing semantics is my favorite video game
>>
File: zelda-unreal-engine-4.jpg (29 KB, 602x436) Image search: [Google]
zelda-unreal-engine-4.jpg
29 KB, 602x436
>>337251301
That would have been great. The Unreal remakes are absolutely beautiful.
>>
File: 1462947770126.jpg (21 KB, 236x334) Image search: [Google]
1462947770126.jpg
21 KB, 236x334
They changed the boss fights, nerfed the Deku Scrub spinning, and nerfed Ice Arrows ability to freeze water. That's it. Everything else is better.

If only one could exist I would pick MM3D simply because it's the same game, but improved,
>music
>save system
>time control
>streamlined progression by moving the Song of Soaring alter to the front of the swamp and now you can buy Magic Beans from the seller and it takes you right to the shortcut after you leave.
>Zora swim controls.

However the original still has the nostalgia value and arguably better but shorter boss fights.
>>
>>337252249

>>save system
I love this meme
>>
>>337251857
>Remake is better outside zora swimming.

I see you didn't play it. The controls are exactly the same but with more options to swim however you want, and boosting uses magic but you can still use it even when you run out. It was a compromise from the 3DS not having enough buttons.
>>
It's better thanks to the save system, but the changed bosses are kinda stupid.
>>
>>337251081
If you love playing games at a silky smooth sub 20fps the original is the way to go.
>>
In-arguably the better version unless you're blinded by nostalgia. I've played it for like 40 hours definitely recommend, I didn't play it on the N64 but I think they added some more features to the quest journal to keep that one quest from taking a groundhog day amount of attempts
>>
>>337252464
>and boosting uses magic but you can still use it even when you run out

that's a misnomer, it's a temporary boost not a constant one.
>>
>>337252207
Shame that link's face clashes with the rest of the environment.
>>
in 5 years when 3ds emulation is significantly better, emulating the 3DS ports at a higher resolution will be the best choice since you get high framerate and high resolution
>>
It's mostly the same game. A lot of the changes were negative, but they were inconsequential enough that they don't really detract from the experience. And being able to skip to a particular hour is amazing.
>>
File: MajorasMask.jpg (310 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
MajorasMask.jpg
310 KB, 2048x1536
>they gave the moon a jew face
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-31-13-03-43.png (238 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-31-13-03-43.png
238 KB, 800x480
>>337251081
I really like the new visuals, they fit the atmosphere much better
>>
>>337253720
That's not even the same time of day, is it?
>>
Good:
>Much better models and textures, and improved lighting/particles that with 1 exception preserve the atmosphere and for the most part still feels creepy
>Gyorg fight is better
>Doesn't make you rewatch the business scrub cutscene
>Better framerate
>Song of double time allowing you to choose specific times to fast foward to.
>Gyro arrow controls
>Fishing
>if you have a n3ds/xl, you have camera rotation/control via c nub

Neutral:
>The bombers notebook is a little less obtuse and more organic to use, but it's also a little too helpful.
>Likewise, the save system is less obtuse, but allowing you to save without it being attached to going back in timee also removes some of the stress the game is meant to invoke, but you can impose thee limit artificially anyways.
>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse
>Bank placement is moved

Bad
>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.
>Ice arrows can't be used just anywhere anymore.
>Zora swimming less fun, which outweighs the benefit of easier control in tight spaces.
>Bombers notebook pops up automatically and takes a while to do so, is annoying
>You have to get out of rolling as goron to hit Goht, but this isn't nearrly as bad as Odolwa's change
>It's harder to use the Deku spin to go faster (super minor)
>Great bay temple's atmosphere is changed due to less gritty textures and brighter lighting
>Feels very slightly less creepy due to better models. I'm a pretentious 2deep5u majora's mask fan and I still think it's only barely almost negligibly worse here, except for the moon which is not insignfcantly worse, but it's still a minor thing overall
>>
>>337254352
>improved lighting/particles that with 1 exception preserve the atmosphere and for the most part still feels creepy

Where exactly?
>>
Link wears a skirt in the remake instead of shorts like the original, other than that I enjoyed it
>>
>>337253793
It's not my screenshot, I don't care enough about some autistic warfare to take side by side screenshots
>>
>>337253087
The moon looks pissed af now. Before it almost looked worried. I think it's an improvement.
>>
>>337251081
I don't like the changes very much but they doesnt ruin the game
>>
>>337255631
He has always worn a tunic. What are you on about?
>>
>>337254352

The Zora swimming is the dealbreaker for me. I'm fine with all the changes to the visuals, but removing the MOST PURE FUN THING IN THE ENTIRE GAME is beyond retarded.
>>
>>337254352
>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.

I absolutely refuse this bullshit because you can kill him using only a sword in the original version. I distinctly remember this because he's one of the very few Zelda bosses you can defeat without the use of items, masks, or anything found in his boss room. They did the Swamp temple justice by making the Deku mask necessary to fighting Odolwa in the remake.
>>
>>337251081
I just started playing it because I was so bent out about the Zora swimming. The game is great and I regret not playing it sooner. Yes, parts have been simplified but let's face it, your not replaying a Zelda game for a challenge.
>>
>>337254352
I just beat Goht today and you don't have to get out of rolling to hit Goht wtf?
>>
>>337254352
They were trying to make it to where you can use the Fierce Deity's mask anywhere.
>>
>>337251081
>Everyone on Twitch is usually playing the old one.
Remember, unless yous pend a few hundred dollars modding your 3DS, you won't be able to stream video unless you have a crazy camera setup. A lot of people don't stream 3DS games simply because it's a difficult thing to do compared to an N64.
>>
>>337251502
I fucking love the TP port on the Wii U with those low poly models.
>>
>>337256532
Still higher poly than bloody n64 game models.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
>>337256669
idk, what citra is doing could have been on the Wii U, it still looks playable.
>>
>>337256532
I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not.
>>
>>337256882
This is what really peeves me the most about the remake, it's obvious they put effort into altering Link's model but everyone else is either halfassed or has barely any effort placed in.

it's really jarring, despite the fact that I prefer the remake.
>>
>>337257141
I think only a select few models got higher poly upgrades. Most are just retextured.
>>
>>337251081
Better in general, but ice arrows and zora swimming are not great. Definitely a good upgrade.
>>
>>337255191
The water dungeon, the walls and such aren't quite as dirty/grungy and it's admittedly less creepy as a result

>>337255919
That's true, but in my expierence at least in the original version that made the fight more interwesting because he had no ultra specific pattern that you could easily exploti, you just had to fucking go in there and beat his ass and not have your ass beat back

>>337256013
Uh, you sure? How'd you hit the eye then?
>>
I like this better than OoT.
>>
>>337251081
It fucked the Deku dash and the Zora swimming.
Skipping time is more convenient, although this doesn't encourage you to fuck around and find the best routines to do while you waited for the event you wanted to do like in the 64
>all the bosses fell for the "hit giant eye to win meme"
>>
>>337251081
I've always wondered

Why is OOT/MM link the only link who has his hair split in the middle? Just seems weird cause everyone else has the same hair except him
>>
>>337258383
Well they are technically different links so there's bound to be variations
>>
>>337257326
And that's the annoying bit, why put all that effort into redoing everything but the models?
>>
>>337258383

Cause OOT/MM Link are the same Link. Every other link usually has some sort of variation to distinguish them from the rest.
>>
>>337258486
Except he's the only one who looks different

Everyone else has the swoopy hair going, even the first link.
>>
>>337252249
>>
>>337251081
Personally I feel like it's a sidestep. For every fix there was something they botched meaning it's no better or worse overall compared to the original. As a portable version it's great though, which is essentially the reason I wanted it.

>>337254352
This is basically how I see it broken down. Except the Gyorg fight. I felt the new one was just too strict in its change that draws out the fight excessively. And the Goht change I'd say is neutral because I honestly never even noticed it.

Extra emphasis on ice arrow change. One thing I loved doing in the original was making ice paths for the hell of it. Being restricted for simplicity ruined this joy. Fishing does make it up a little though.
>>
>>337258815
>Because hair is the only thing that sets them apart
>>
>>337259070
>Fishing using Masks.
>The Great Fairy Fish
>>
>>337256669
They updated the models from the N64 games for the 3DS releases. Can you seriously not see the differences?
>>
>>337252207
>The Unreal remakes are absolutely beautiful.
Except their actual visuals are... severely lacking. High poly and high res don't magically give coherency and good art style.
>>
File: Ocarina-3D-Sheik.jpg (155 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina-3D-Sheik.jpg
155 KB, 800x480
>>337261712
and yet everyone still has oven mitts for hands
>>
>>337251081
I've just replayed OoT. Back in the day, wen MM originally released in the N64, I was very disappointed with the game and dropped it a couple of hours in. But now I want more Zelda on my 3DS. I've already played ALBW and Tri Force Heroes. Should I give MM another chance?
>>
I want to replay MM is it worth just buying the 3ds version? I wouldn't actually use 3d.
>>
I must be the only person who hD trouble with odollwa

>that buzz saw attack
>the bees
>the ring of fire
>>
>>337255671
Wasn't that the point though? That's why it was crying.
>>
File: SkullKidandMoon1.png (217 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
SkullKidandMoon1.png
217 KB, 800x432
>>337263060
i'll be honest I don't see how this could be interpreted as worried or melancholy, if anything it's the face you make before you take one up the ass.
>>
>>337254352
This is a good list. Majora's Mask is way, way up there on my favorite games list, and while I'm pretty sure I enjoy the original more (for all of the reasons you stated), the 3D version isn't bad at all.

There's also the MASSIVE improvement of being able to play it on the shitter. That alone is fantastic.

I would honestly play the original version more often, though, if the best version I had of it wasn't the Anniversary collection. It crashes all the time, which is terrible with MM's save system.
>>
My ds has a fucked up R button basically doesn't work

Will that stop me from enjoying this game
>>
>>337265697
no swim boost for you which basically means you're fucked 3/4ths in.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.