[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfiest Games Talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Vice-City-III-Boxshot.png (431 KB, 610x773) Image search: [Google]
Vice-City-III-Boxshot.png
431 KB, 610x773
>All these console and PC faggots playing shitty Dark Souls, FPS and Nintendo rehash garbage

Don't mind me, just installing this bad boy in image related.

What are the comfiest games you know? What are games you can always come back to, no matter how old, and play the shit out of for weeks?

Protip: Dark Souls, FPS and Nintendo rehash garbage are also acceptable
>>
Tomb Raider 2 was always pretty comfy for me. The Venice and Tibet levels were atmospheric as fuck.
>>
>>337219683

goddamn, never really played tomb raider before. the only tomb raider I played, you were in a cave at the beginning. really like the uncharted games so maybe I'll check the tomb raider PC games out

>tfw I just looked for my tomb raider game and found tony hawks 4

that shit has some awesome levels right there. also, tony hawks underground 2
>>
Vice City is a good choice. Played through it all again when it came out when I bought an iPad.

For some reason I keep coming back to Cave Story+ and Momodora 3.

Easy to get into I suppose.
>>
Tron 2.0 feels like a beanbag chair
>>
>>337219485

for me, it'll always be GTA SA. not even nostalgic here, it's my all time favourite game of all time
>>
>>337219793

how the fuck are the controls for the ipad version?

I found san andreas for the ps3 but motherfuckers are saying controls and gameplay is limited due to it being a fucking IPAD PORT. how the hell could rockstar fuck it up that hard?
>>
File: radio_x_gtasa.jpg (97 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
radio_x_gtasa.jpg
97 KB, 512x480
>>337219485
Love Vice City, and GTASA.

They got a lot of pop culture and feels correct among those two editions.

First time I heard Radio X in GTASA I thought they recorded the local X station circa 1991 in my area, then I realized that every city probably had a Radio X. Good times, the burnout DJ was pretty much spot-on for one of the DJs from that time on that IRL channel.
>>
>>337219485

OP here

>boot up the game
>starts in lowest resolution
>notice framerate problems
>ON THE LOWEST RESOLUTION
>set resolution to highest
>runs smoothly

kek, what the fuck is happening?

>>337220532

>They got a lot of pop culture and feels correct among those two editions.

totally. the atmosphere just feels right in both games

the radio stations being goat-tier is just a huge bonus
>>
About 3 hours into gta 4 do I find that it's gets super comfy
>>
>>337221046

really don't get the hate on GTA4. it was a great game

literally the only thing I didn't like was the lack of a proper airplane, really bugged me out

the physics, the story and the gameplay were top-tier though. I also wish that GTA4 and GTA5 had a lot more side stuff to do. I feel as if GTA6 needs a proper RPG element in its singplayer mode
>>
>>337220659
what's weird is, I played 4 and 5, loved 4 but initially hated the stations, but over 3 years of co-op multiplayer and that shit grew on me. hated 5, but enjoyed the radio stations mostly.

i'm thinking about going back and giving 5 a try again because i've given up on the single player story agreeing with what i'd rather have seen happen (fuck them for not having pool side-games). enjoyed both 4 and 5's driving in their different styles (4 boat on wheels, 5 too grip too motionblurious)
>>
>>337219485

my go-to comfy games are

>infamous 1&2
>tetris
>max payne 2
>mario 64
>>
>>337220285

The tablet controls can be very customised down to the placement of the each button.

The only part where it's a legitimate hindrance are any missions involving flight. However, those missions are difficult with a regular controller/keyboard+mouse.
>>
>>337221282
i kind of figured jumping from GTA 3/VC/SA to a whole new engine was going to end up with a GTA 3 limited type of vehicles, so I didn't get mad about that. plus I got assassin-level with rotor blade kills on my heli-flying.

5's attempt at more realistic flying threw me off with the helis. gone were the surgical rotor-strikes and bailouts before allahu akbar'ing the heli into my target.
>>
>>337221319

>i'm thinking about going back and giving 5 a try again

yeah, thinking about playing it again too. I always sell once I have played through a ps3 game of mine. want to trade last of us for a copy of GTA5 cause I like to drive around in GTA5.

>fuck them for not having pool side-games

what the fuck? I thought at least pool was in the game. I couldn't give less of a shit about sports side games in GTA but pool is so easy to programme.... disgusting

>enjoyed both 4 and 5's driving in their different styles

me too. don't really get why people say there's only one perfect driving mechanic. I gotta say that I appreciate 4's mechanics more due to actually giving heavier cars
>>
File: 0ARQaBU.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
0ARQaBU.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
Sometimes I just boot up earthbound and walk around onett. It really makes me remember my town and the music is A+
>>
OP here. having fun with the game, goddamn, I can't believe it's been that long since I have played it

I also can't believe in how many ways GTA SA actually improved on literally everything

>graphics (even if it wasn't by much)
>moving the mouse to look around while driving
>smooth controls
>cars, planes, etc
>bigger city

those were the days

>>337221451

>However, those missions are difficult with a regular controller/keyboard+mouse.

I never got why people had problems with those missions. I played every game except for 4 and 5 on my PC with mouse and keyboard and never had problems with anything regarding flying missions

>mini helicopter mission in Vice City was easy as fuck, actually had lots of time left
>all flying missions in San Andreas were piss easy

hell, I enjoy flying low to buildings with a Hydra in GTA SA all the time
>>
>>337221687

that's not the only town, right?

what do you do in the game anyway and why is it so beloved to many people? never really saw the appeal, maybe I should check out a review
>>
>>337221574
4's had a better approximation as to what happens when you try to take a normal vehicle at speed on a 90 degree turn. you plow into things.

the kiddos didn't appreciate it, so they went back to hair-trigger grips for 5, which is okay if only because you don't have to hear kids screaming about how the driving sucks because they haven't learned how to drive IRL yet.
>>
>>337221753
GTASA copied Pilotwings for flight school ... that game back on SNES, which was my first major attempt at maneuvering in the air back in the day (that and Red Baron WW1 flying series).

it's easier said than done in terms of thinking ahead as to where your air-boat's gonna go, and it's probably related to kids not being familiar enough with basic physics as well.
>>
>>337221993

except that GTA SA did a thousand times better job than the SNES version. don't know about the N64 one though

gotta say though that I didn't have pilot wings in mind while playing the San Andreas missions with my keyboard, kek

>>337221845

I think people didn't appreciate it due to GTA4 coming directly after VC and SA and totally changing the control mechanics which people were used to before. only retards weren't able to adjust in my eyes and at the moment, I only see very few people complain about 4's mechanics. I see more people annoyed by 5 going back to San Andreas style driving
>>
>>337224016
I wish I knew more of your people, comfyfriend.

after all that co-op play in 4, I ended up becoming the designated flyer and driver every time when I wasn't with samefriends who thought the same about the driving/flying.

the kiddos I could tell primarily because they were waiting for someone on the leaderboard to get in the car to start the mission. nobody wanted to drive .... noooobody.

so I ended up becoming mario andretti in 4 and von richtofen in the helis because why not.

the worst were the assholes who had to drive and would grenade the starting vehicles on the co-ops if they didn't get it. I mean you play that shit on a frequent basis, and your id's on the boards, odds are pretty good that someone on the boards is probably not looking to fuck around like it's free-roam. just get in the damn leaderboarder's ride and enjoy.
>>
>>337224436

driving and flying is literally the best thing in all the games

shit, after completing SA I always end up flying and driving around after killing a couple of cops
>>
>>337225120
that was also my fav thing to do in 4's single player. start some shit somewhere, get the cops hopping mad, then try to survive.

in GTASA that was my primary mode after 100%'ing, and the jet battles with the military could be a barrel of troll lulz.

Appreciated the never-ending radiant drug wars in Gay Tony, and saved taking back the turf in SA for almost next to last before Big Smoke was gonna get smoked.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.