[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jedi defeats Dark Souls 3 without blocking, parrying or rolling—at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11
File: dark souls 3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Jedi defeats Dark Souls 3 without blocking, parrying or rolling—at level 1

TolomeoR can see things before they happen. That's the only explanation for how he beat Dark Souls 3 without blocking, parrying, rolling or levelling up. Neither did he wear armour.

His 50-60-hour run is close to the time I've spent on my first playthrough, rolling away from anything that moves. Starting with your bog-standard broadsword, he clung onto it all the way through Champion Gundyr, at which point the Priestess Ring allowed him to swap in Astora's Straight Sword. The Cloranthy, Flynn's and Lloyd's Sword rings completed the set.

There's a playlist of every bossfight, minus the abortive attempts. It's particularly maddening to see Tolomeo run circles around the Nameless King, one of the most alarmingly vicious bosses in the game. His admission that Soul of Cinder alone took about 15 hours to beat makes me feel marginally better about myself.

Hory shit it took me 3 hours before i could beat Nameless King (lv 60)

http://www.pcgamer.com/jedi-beats-dark-souls-3-without-blocking-parrying-or-rollingat-level-1/?utm_content=buffer89e84&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamer

git gud /v/
>>
Dark souls 3 is officially for casuals.
>>
>>337217362

So what you're saying is he just mashed X through the whole game, basically.

Well its not like there was anything ever special about Dark Souls, if they didn't label it as a JRPG then it would be considered as a wholly mediocre series. But since it associates itself to a genre of shitty games it actually seems decent on the surface by contrast.
>>
>>337217704
Here's your (YOU)
>>
>>337217704
>Mashed X

t. guy who has never played a video game
>>
File: 1411299018981.jpg (46 KB, 498x668) Image search: [Google]
1411299018981.jpg
46 KB, 498x668
>>337217704

GIT GUD
>>
>>337217704
Thanks for showing us you're just talking shit about games you've never played. It's no even considered a JRPG you giant mongoloid.
>>
Why the hell did he take almost half the boss health in two opportunities?

Usually it would take longer and the player would die because he would eventually tire and make a mistake. 10 swings to kill a boss dont leave room for that
>>
>>337218389

>It's no even considered a JRPG you giant mongoloid.

Plenty of people consider it a JRPG.

>>337218290
>>337218171

>I'm so casual that I think playing Dark Souls is the most hardcore thing ever

Thats nice kids, I've beaten retro games back when I was 4 that are harder than this button mashy shit which has demonstrably been proven itt by OP that it requires no tactics or skill.
>>
>40 dex
>+4 uchi
>this guy does as much damage as me

what
>>
>>337218525
>JRPG
It's a dungeon crawler you mongoloid
>Mashing X
lmao
>>
>>337218526
The armor load ring or some stupid bullshit like that being abused
>>
>>337218628

>abused

nigga even if you mirror his setup you won't beat the game at level 1 even at level 10 or 15 even
>>
>>337218526
+10 raw astora Flynn and loyds gives around 400 ar without weapon buff.
>>
>>337218616

Its just a mediocre action game that they call an RPG, to be specific. Which is EXACTLY what I said in my first post. And since they're Japanese, it gets associated to the plethora of shitty Japanese Role Playing Games that it competes against.(and loses, despite being the only one with any semblance of gameplay)
>>
>>337218525
>Plenty of people consider it a JRPG.

No, they don't. It's an action RPG made by a Japanese studio. That does not equal JRPG.

How many more times will I have to explain this?
>>
>>337218921
>A RPG made by Japanese people is not a Japanese RPG
>>
>>337218978
"Japanese" refers to the style of gameplay, not just the country it was made in. Could you be any more basic, anon?
>>
>>337218675
That doesn't mean it's not a mechanic being abused in a way you're not supposed to
>>
>>337218978
>how do I into genre names why do I keep getting mocked when I take them literally I don't understand
Step it up
>>
>>337219340
>the less armor load you have, the more damage you deal, full glasscannon-mode
>have as little armour as possible
>do as much damage as possible
I don't see the abuse part
>>
>>337218978
>Chinese-style food made by an American person is American food
>>
>>337219181

Except that's not true, Kingdom Hearts is considered a JRPG and the Japanese don't have a trademark on outdated RPG combat. Regular Western RPGs were doing it well before the Japanese made poor imitations of RPGs with none of the Role Playing elements.
>>
>>337217362
more proof that souls is retardedly piss easy.
>>
>>337219469
Kingdom Hearts is considered an Action RPG, just like Dark Souls is. Try again.
>>
>>337219469
not that anon, but you're wrong.
>>
>>337219540

Once again, Final Fantasy isn't unique or original, the style of gameplay was prevalent before the Japanese started making them. Try again, retard.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (29 KB, 236x400) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
29 KB, 236x400
>minus the abortive attempts

Almost cared
>>
>>337219414
there isn't one, that guys a fucking retard
>>
>>337217362
man I was just shitposting this whole time, but now I can genuinely say
>you didn't really beat DS3 if you blocked
>you didn't really beat DS3 if you parried
>you didn't really beat DS3 if you rolled
>>
>>337219427
Well it sure as fuck isn't Chinese food.
>>
File: frogpost.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
frogpost.png
121 KB, 258x245
>the jig is up and everyone knows Souls isn't actually hard, so Souls babbys do restrictive "runs" to prove how hardcore they are and keep the meme running so the games keep coming
Look at the view counts on the videos, they're probably making the rounds on reddit, tumblr and Twitter right this minute.
>Praise the sun, this guy is epic!
>He got the guddest of us all!
>You, sir, win ALL the internets!
>>
File: 1460726133411.jpg (46 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1460726133411.jpg
46 KB, 681x496
>>337219854
You've been able to cheese the fuck out of every encounter in every game since DeS, this isn't news.
Scrubs don't understand the game well enough to do so, and it makes the fight less fun for experienced players, so they choose not to do it.
You should be aware of this
>>
File: 1462883476993.jpg (41 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
1462883476993.jpg
41 KB, 500x518
>Usain Bolt can run 100m in 9.58 seconds. git gud at running
>>
>>337218921
I swear you retards have become even more obnoxiously vocal in the 5 years since Dark Souls released and forced every WRPG fag on this board to accept that accept that an RPG from Japan could be good. Even then they couldn't swallow their pride enough and had to declare DaS as a WRPG so that they could still say all JRPGs are shit, along with the stupidity of believing that they ever meant anything more than geographic association which became almost synonymous with the type of gameplay present.
>>
File: 1447881117643.jpg (3 KB, 125x64) Image search: [Google]
1447881117643.jpg
3 KB, 125x64
>>
>>337217362
>done on PC

Yeah doesn't count. Considering every second person who invades on PC is a blatant cheat, there's no way in hell this guy isn't. I'll believe it when it's done on PS4.
>>
>>337220124

#4theplayers
>>
>>337220115

No, what I'm saying is Dark Souls is an action game that calls itself a JRPG so that it doesn't get held to the standard of other action games. When you hold DS up next to SMT obviously DS looks way better but that doesn't mean that's special. I could have a loaded gun next to my face and it would look more tempting than JRPG trash.
>>
>>337220124
Plus he was probably using 60 FPS which is an unfair advantage. He didn't "really" accomplish what he set out to do, this is like claiming a speedrun world record on an emulator. Do it live with a console, then we'll talk.
>>
File: ds comic.jpg (403 KB, 660x2788) Image search: [Google]
ds comic.jpg
403 KB, 660x2788
>>337217704

Dark Souls is the BattleToads of this generation
>>
File: 1409650391781.jpg (45 KB, 259x220) Image search: [Google]
1409650391781.jpg
45 KB, 259x220
>>337220324

>60fps is an unfair advantage
>>
>>337217704
And then there's always the bitter miserable faggot who gets pricky at other people's achievements and have to throw his salt on it. You sound like you have never even watched a single video about the game since you're speaking as if it were a menu based JRPG.

Go throw spread your personal misery somewhere, will ya? Nobody aint got time for other people's daddy issues.
>>
>>337220324

He could be playing on an old emachine getting 5FPS to be super hardcore
>>
>>337220443

>beating a video game
>achievement

This is why you don't get laid
>>
>>337220573
>lmao fukkin nerd
There was a time when /v/ wasn't shit
>>
IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE
>>
>>337220762

We were all 10 once, /v/ wasn't around when I was at that age but I see why you feel that way.
>>
Can you imagine how much of an utter sperg you have to be to spend 60 hours on a completely meaningless achievement?

So you managed to get lucky enough with boss patterns after 6 hours of attempts that you beat it without rolling or blocking? Wow, you deserve a shiny gold star for autism!

I can understand SL1 runs. You're trying to prove that you can beat the whole game without getting hit, I get it, that's a neat achievement. But when you combine that with "lol can't dodge or block" then you're taking what should be a challenge of luck and skill, and turning it into one that's almost entirely luck.

If I threw myself at a brick wall enough times, I could probably knock it over. But I'm not going to, because I own a fucking sledgehammer and I value my time and sanity.
>>
>>337220329
this picture always makes me cringe
>DAE Dark Souls is the hardest game EVER xDDD
>>
>>337222334
>people who post xD or derivatives even ironically
arguably more cringey
>>
>>337223938
Ironic shitposting is the fucking worst
>>
>>337222219
You should see the guy who spent 1000 hours or some shit trying to clear a single level in Mario 64 without taking his finger off the A Button.

I don't understand speedrun fags and people who take silly amounts of time on bizarre, pointless challenges. This is effort that could have been spent making new video games for other people to play, playing other games or doing ANYTHING actually productive.
>>
>>337218616
Dark Souls is clearly a roguelike, you clod
>>
>>337225006
why would I do that thou?
>>
>>337222219
U mad
>>
>>337222334
It is completely accurate. Not about difficulty, but expectations. Dark Souls expects you to learn to play on your own. Whether any of it is difficult varies person to person.

That image completely accurately describes the current gaming environment. Mechanically, Dark Souls wouldn't have been special in the mid 90s. Plenty of dungeon crawlers like it existed back in the day. Dark Souls stands out now for being different. It's NES "hard". Not "le hardest thing ever xDDD"
>>
>>337225632
>It's NES "hard".
Hardly. NES games were hard to make up for the fact they were so short, in addition to crossing over from the arcade design mindset. Not to mention that the devs did all the QA so they also balanced the difficulty around what they could handle and by the time they finished making it they were masters.
>>
File: sword-of-vermilion-ad.jpg (289 KB, 1121x730) Image search: [Google]
sword-of-vermilion-ad.jpg
289 KB, 1121x730
>>337226352
We're breaking down at details vs big picture. I've already said Dark Souls isn't particularly hard. It's my bad for using a bad comparison here I guess. By NES hard I just mean by expectations. You learn how to progress in an NES era title by trial and error. Modern games throw up tutorial windows or other things to give you more free passes.

Ranking DaS by actual difficulty I'd put it right at a decently difficult 16 bit era game. Like pic related.
>>
Nobody with a brain ever claimed that the souls series is "the hardest ever" or whatever. People like it because it doesn't insult the player's intelligence. That's literally it. In an era where the norm is having the camera pan over to your objective with a sparkling trail leading the way in case you forget, that's rather refreshing.
>>
>>337225006
To be fair to the "half A press" Mario guy, he didn't actually sit there playing to accomplish that. He made the right calculations and left the emulator running, he may have drastically increased emulation speed too. It was basically a really overblown TAS.
>>
>>337225006
Except that guy was treating it like a puzzle. The challenge was just a preface to figure out how it could be done.

I can understand that. If you derive pleasure from working out the possible paths Mario can take through QPUs, good for you.

This guy isn't doing that. He's taking shit other people have worked out, and just throwing shit at a wall until it sticks as if his challenge is either impressive or interesting. I could flip a coin a million times until I get 500 heads in a row, but I won't do it because it's not even slightly interesting, just like this joke of a challenge.
>>
it really puts into perspective just how telegraphed the enemies are in dark souls

you can't pull that shit in bloodborne
>>
>>337217362
Tolo did the same thing with Bloodborne, he beat Orphan of Kos at BL4 on NG+6 without rolling or dodging. He doesn't see things before they happen, he spends hours and hours learning the boss movesets and fails tons of times before you get a youtube video of him beating it perfectly.

I watched him a year ago when he was doing abhorrent beast at BL4 and he was on it for something like 12 hours.
>>
>>337227849
He does the exact same thing in Bloodborne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxbkEReq5ik
>>
>>337228076
Orphan seems so much easier to deal with if you aren't locked on. Also when he swings his weapon twice in a circle I swear I always got hit by the string/chain whatever it is that he uses to hold onto the weapon but he just walks through it here.
>>
By Allah, what a fucking autismo.
>>
>guy clearly hacking
>''wow guys, he must be psychic, how does he do it omg''

God damn you people are gullible.
>>
>>337229742
you could always walk right through it
>>
>>337230706
I always tried to dash into him thinking I would avoid the weapon but would always get killed instantly cause of a counter hit.
>>
>>337220324

>>337228076
Holy shit BTFO
>>
>>337228076
Hmmm then I suck at that game.
>>
>>337217362
So?
I played this and the first with keyboard and mouse, and the first game was played on a pc that crashed every time there was too much fire on screen (like hellkite fire breath).
>>
>>337230903
if its the double aoe spin you'll likely get hit, if its the aoe spin > overhead you can simply walk around. granted im sure you can run through the double spin but im shit at the timing.
>>
>>337231575
Yeah, that's not really comparable to what this guy did. At all, actually.
>>
>>337228076
Dude is so chill it makes me jealous.
I had to do the entire 2xHP twin princes boss by myself yesterday after my 2 friends died like retards, it's not a hard boss and I've done it several times already but fuck my heart was beating like crazy and this guy is so chill and reads the chat at the same time.
>>
>>337231979
I also killed capra first.
I know, that guy is an abuse on a level I'll never reach. He could be a pretty good monster hunter player since he's used to not locking on. I speak from experience, lock on is a bitch and monhun helped a lot with many fights.
>>
File: 1460589122367.jpg (66 KB, 528x792) Image search: [Google]
1460589122367.jpg
66 KB, 528x792
>Calling him a jedi when he did it over dozens of hours and not all in one go

Still pretty cool that he pulled that off, but this such a nerd shit needs to end.
>>
I thought /v/ said that 2 or 3 of the bosses were designed to be impossible. How did he beat the game?
>>
that's nice

running is just as easy as rolling in this game

do it as deprived with starting gear and i'd look at it better
>>
>>337232879

Gross.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.