[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Regardless of what you thought of the rest of the game, did you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: MGSV-TPP-Ending-Mirror.jpg (118 KB, 1000x547) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-TPP-Ending-Mirror.jpg
118 KB, 1000x547
Regardless of what you thought of the rest of the game, did you enjoy the final twist?
>>
it was the insult added to the injury
>>
Anyone with half a brain had it figured out long before the "reveal."
>>
Makes no fucking sense that a random medic does the most extreme feats in the entire series, and completely blows the 'greatest soldier in the world' out of the water
>>
I liked how he was smiling at first then realized he was screwed over by Boss, and how it all parallels to Skull Face.
>>
>>337202029
I was ambivalent to the "twist".

I was all "That's cool and all, but what else?"

The Answer is;
>Fucking Nothing

Chico should've been Punished Snake. To atone for his sins, and to explain why he wouldn't mind forgetting who he used to be.
>>
It wasn't a twist though, the very first 30 minutes of the game spells it out pretty clearly you're some dude pretending to be Big Boss.
>>
It was honestly pretty pathetic how badly they failed to conceal the biggest twist in the game. There were people calling that shit from the stuff they showed in the very first trailer.
>>
I like how /v/ figured out the twist like a year before it even came out.
>>
>>337203068
Try 3 years
>>
It was predictable and stupid. I wanted to see the fall of Big Boss, not Big Boss fucking off for a while while some literally who medic takes his place, teaches children to read, doesn't do any leadership stuff, and doesn't speak.
>>
No, it was stupid, added nothing, and was painfully obvious the whole time.
>>
>>337202029
Not really the twist, but the cassettes of Zero at the end. The ones where he visits Snake and just explains he wishes his friend would wake up before succumbing to whatever poison Skullface had given him. The one where he tells Ocelot to watch over Snake and protect him. That was probably the most I felt out of the game. It generally made me feel sad for Zero.

Quiet's leaving was so forced, Huey's exile seemed anticlimactic, and the Venom Snake twist just seemed empty. I mean Venom seems to have no feeling about giving up his identity to assume this warlord. Just sorta smirks and that's it.
>>
>>337202029
I did but I'd rather have an actual character instead of a generic avatar
>>
>>337202431
That's the point of the series, nerd.
>>
>>337202884
I've only played MGS1 and I figured it out.
Plus I have been told that Occolot does everything and is a super triple crosser self hyponitiser all in service to big boss, but he is ordering you around, so you can't be ligit.
>>
>>337203290
>First trailer
>Kaz looks past Big Boss, into the camera
>"What about him"
I can't believe they spoiled it so early.
>>
>>337203594
The fuck. The point of the series was passing the touch and letting go of the past to not be a part of what your past life was but to move forawrds to a better life. Mgs v story blow it. Solid fuckING game play though so I can't be mad.
>>
Empty, predictable, and didn't contribute to the overreaching Metal Gear plot.
>>
File: 1462122568412.jpg (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462122568412.jpg
52 KB, 250x250
>>337202029
It was the most retarded twist in the series (and that's counting MGS4.

So we have this legendary soldier, this fucker is soooooo good that we need to clone him, because no matter what we are never gonna have someone that even comes close.

But then some random idiot does everything BB ever did and better, this completely makes the entire series pointless.
>>
>>337203943
But now we know how Big Boss was alive after you killed him!

But only the first time.
>>
MGSV, the game that answered the questions literally no one asked or cared about.
>>
File: 1461696948899.png (276 KB, 586x634) Image search: [Google]
1461696948899.png
276 KB, 586x634
>>337202029
>final twist
like, moment when i realized game ends cut-off right after bunch of brats stole your giant walking robot of doom? yeah, i guess that was one hell of a twist

i really liked this game and i don't think it was oh-so-shameful-for-the-series, i just have to bitch about it
>>
>>337204242
>only the first time

There's just one time, anon.
>>
>>337202029
Best game in the series - graphics, gameplay, music and story that wasn't Mission Impossible: The Anime.
Autists have their heads too far up their ass to appreciate it.
>>
>>337206719
>story
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>337202431
>a random medic
he was the best soldier of MSF, like your favorite soldier on PW
>>
>>337206719
>Hating Mission Impossible: The Anime
Well, i can't force you to have a taste.

not to mention that only mgs1 was MI ripoff, mgs3 was bond ripoff and mgs2/4 were rather unique
>>
I honestly thought everything was Okay until the reveal, but it was obvious from the start with the massive injuries inflicted on him.
>>
File: hh.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
hh.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>337206979
>can't force you to have a taste
Good. I don't want to have a shit taste anyway.
>>
>>337203531
All I wanted out of MGSV from a story persective was to explain how Zero became the "bad guy", I'm glad I got that.
>>
File: 1461272535423.jpg (56 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1461272535423.jpg
56 KB, 960x960
>mfw I realize there won't be anymore MGS games
Even if they mae another, there's no more Kojima, so it would probably be worse than TPP.
What the fuck happened to Kojima? MGS1-3 were good as fuck. Did he finally ran out of ideas after so many years?
>>
>>337208731
>make*
Fix'd
>>
>>337203601
Those trailers were pretty awful looking back on it.

They simultaneously revealed way too much while also hinting at loads of shit that wound up never happening. It's like they were specifically designed to maximize disappointment.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 256x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 256x212
It was planned all along
>>
https://youtu.be/EA4uan90HeA
All the people that can't understand the meaning behind the monotony behind the gameplay need to watch this. https://youtu.be/EA4uan90HeA
War isn't supposed to be fun.
It was made shit on purpose
>>
>>337202029
Can someone explain why he punched the mirror? Was he pissed to find out that he wasn't BB? But then he still goes along with it and from what I remember he still is completely loyal to BB.

The ending just confused me, even after reflecting on it and hearing others opinions.
>>
>>337202431
John taking down Peace Walker, Zeke, and all the other machine bosses from that game by himself is more impressive than any of Venom's 'extreme feats'. Also Raiden.
>>
>>337203042
Not only was it the very first trailer, it was the very first part of the very first trailer. "What about him?" People figured it out there, or at least took a guess that at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nUMw7japI

Minute in.
>>
File: 1306125581318.gif (21 KB, 552x422) Image search: [Google]
1306125581318.gif
21 KB, 552x422
>>337210637
>It was made shit on purpose

This level of delusion exceeds everything known to mankind.
>>
>>337203531
Those tapes made me angry that Zero wasn't actually featured in more games as a character. He was really cool.
>>
File: 1407104648163.jpg (95 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1407104648163.jpg
95 KB, 500x427
i just wanted to see frank
i just wanted saladin
>>
>>337202029
Eeeeeh
It was alright.
>>
File: VinceRusso[1].png (125 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
VinceRusso[1].png
125 KB, 300x266
>>337202029
Nope. Much like MGS2 and 4 Kojima let his ego get out of control.
>>
>>337202029
>Same voice actor
>Ishmael's face is medic's from GZ, including complete eye
>Useless retcon even after the main storyline is over, just to break the 4th wall with the "YOU are Big Boss"
>Ocelot sees Big Boss something like 2 hours after boarding on the Heiwa Maru
>Big Boss magically agreeing with a plan Zero made for him despite the conflict that will carry out till the end of MGS4
The ending scene in front of the mirror was very nice but the twist was the most retarded thing Kojima pulled out and the execution was even worse
>>
Kojima wrote himself into a corner and he didn't get enough time from Konami to write himself out of it.

after he and his team was done with the fox engine and the basis of the story, Konami was ready fucking yesterday to get it out, and honestly as much as I hate them for it I can't blame them...you're 80 million deep into development and Kojima comes up to and says he's cutting most of the dialogue (from an expensive as fuck Kiefer) because he just saw mad max and he enjoyed the lack of it there. Too bad the japanese are so tight-lipped about shit like this because we are never ever going to learn the real story of what happened...
>>
>>337206878
>alligator confirmed as the medic
Hell yeah nigger
>>
>>337202029
Nah, it was stupid, and was clearly the reason why the entire game was written poorly.

Why would you make an entire game written around the worst part of MGS2, which is when Raiden is just some guy pretending to be Snake and not his own character?
>>
File: CXMNR1FWEAAhRCp.jpg (6 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
CXMNR1FWEAAhRCp.jpg
6 KB, 200x210
>>337211265
Fucking this.
I was hyped for encountering a child Sniper Wolf, Liquid (as the REAL Big Boss) and see why the hated him so much, Gray Fox and understand the faith he had on BB.
So much wasted potential.
>>
>>337211859
>I was hyped for encountering a child Sniper Wolf, Gray Fox, etc

You were never going to see child Sniper Wolf in the timeframe the game took place, and she would have just been fanservice. Eli and Mantis' presence, while greatly damaged by the cut final mission, has a thematic point to it and they're not just there to say HEY LOOK IT'S THIS GUY FROM MGS1!

and after portable ops I dont' want to see Gray Fox again because it'd just be more cyborg ninja pandering because they forgot there's more to him besides being a ninja
>>
I liked it a lot, because it managed to create a new character that didn't interfere with the canon with some pretty cool motivations as to his actions, and showed Big Boss's descent better than any number of dead children would.

It even fit that BB himself isn't some special ideal thing, as his inferior clone ends up the best on his own merits, Venom was the one that cemented BB's legacy, and Raiden ended up incredible without any involved genetics either.
>>
>>337211819
This. MGS2 was great during the deconstruction of the "twist", if it had just ended on Raiden taking off a mask to reveal he wasn't Snake all along it would be complete shit, like MGSV.
>>
>>337211819
>Why would you make an entire game written around the worst part of MGS2, which is when Raiden is just some guy pretending to be Snake and not his own character?
What? Raiden was his own persona with his ways of reacting, careful approaches, naivete before he never had any field experience, dark past he avoided talking about, his own animations and uniform and the HF blade as a unique weapon
The message MGSV sends is the same that MGS2 sends: you're the player and the main character is your avatar
The only thing is Raiden throws the tag with your data on it and decides to go through his own path with his own identity while Venom Snake remains a silent brainwashed medic who gets the bullets for him
>>
>>337202029

The twist itself was fine, it hammers the idea from MGS2 that 'With the right training and the right circumstance, anyone can be tailored to be Snake."

I love how certain MGS2 fans get mad at this game for this exact reason (lmao Big Medic xDDD) and in doing so completely miss the entire point of their 'post-modern masterpiece'. Looking at you Uknighted, you fucking autists.

The problem with the entire thing was that I was doing a mine clearing side-op blasting kids of america on my Idroid a full 5 minutes before the mission that reveals this twist appeared in my list. Literally no pacing, and that's fucking saying something for an MGS game.
>>
>>337211819
But it's not the same twist as Raiden. Raiden never thought he literally was Solid Snake, and he's presented as "being Snake" almost as long as Naked Snake's presented as being Raiden if you choose to say you like MGS2.

>>337211859
Eli thought Venom was Big Boss though, and gives more than enough reason throughout the game as to why he hates him. Eli already thinks him being a clone (and an inferior one at that) is invalidating his worth since before he was born, and then it doesn't help that Venom personally steps in and shows Eli that he's better, demeans him in front of others, and negates his current accomplishments.
>>
>>337208731
Never go full retard m8
>>
File: 1459189691199.jpg (46 KB, 424x505) Image search: [Google]
1459189691199.jpg
46 KB, 424x505
Why are we still here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0EzLc7NZg
>>
The "you're not really Big Boss" twist was so blatantly foreshadowed I thought it couldn't possibly be the real twist and was instead a red herring for something more clever.

Everyone already knew they were Big Boss. The Not Your Kind of People trailer with Mother Base falling cemented that. And turning Naked Snake into a villain offscreen to play as Saint Venom completely wasted that identification.
>>
>>337211670
The thing that pissed me off the most was that I ground my ass off in peace Walker and none of it carried forward like they promised. All every single MSF recovered was trash. Your telling me that all of my top tier solders turned to shit while I was asleep? Why wouldn't they have let us upload peace Walker data and randomly draw from the personnel for the wandering MSF soldiers?
>>
> BUT HOW CAN A MEDIC GIT AS GUD AS BIG BAWS

Newfags need to get out. Big Mama said in MGS4 that Big Boss' legend and feats had been spun out of proportion by Cipher. He was a good trooper, even a top-tier one, but nothing that couldn't be replicated by someone who believes he's the man himself, wholeheartedly.

The entire series is about actions being more important than genes, faces or where you come from. Go play MGS1 and fuck off.
>>
>>337202029

As someone who has played MG since the original, bought every game since on release(and 2 times again after in re-release), including spinoffs; the final twist to MGSV was the dumbest shit I've ever seen done in my life and I think Hideo Kojima is a fucking hack who needs to pull his head out of his ass.
>>
>>337217979

>rationalizing something in the world of a game that breaks 4th wall

You're a retard, you know that? I imagine it takes some kind of high level autism to attempt to tie a timeline to things about this game that are meant to be taken metaphorically, as MGS2 and V obviously are meant to be.

Except for the fact that Kojima is deluding himself if he things this metaphorical set-piece is anywhere near as thoughtful as what he came out with when he wasn't high on weed all the time.
>>
>>337202029
absolutely not, 90% of the game is pretty great, but it's that final 10% that let me down and killed a part of me
>>
File: BB.jpg (61 KB, 751x715) Image search: [Google]
BB.jpg
61 KB, 751x715
>>337217979

>literally stopped himself being crushed by a huge metal robot of countless tonnes through sheer strength

>saved the world multiple times

etc etc etc

Shut up faget
>>
>>337218237
>turns out this image doesn't foreshadow anything
>naked snake didn't have feelings for his comrades, he had feelings for the guns they were carrying and the platform they were standing on
>despite the actual GZ cutscenes showing him trying to save his men
What the fuck was Kojima actually thinking?
>>
>>337202029
> final
We already knew the twist from the trailers
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.