[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1st phase: >camera, the boss fight 2nd phase: >*teleports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
1st phase:
>camera, the boss fight
2nd phase:
>*teleports behind you*
>large health pool, kills you in two hits
>can pin you against the invisible wall of the arena and you are pretty much done for
>my second try i got him down to like 5% and then I got pinned and fukd

He was definitely not the hardest though
I had the most trouble with sullivan, I had no idea on how to beat except for parrying. So i just repeated that over and over until I beat him. I think Lorian was best fight.
>>
>>337195550
im having trouble just trying to hit his dragon, i alway miss and its either too high etc

i didnt have a lot of trouble with sullyvahn though, i just parried him to get him out of his annoying 1st phase then it was smooth sailing
>>
I could consistently beat his first phase but his HP is just too much for me to endure in phase 2. He's the only boss I summoned for because I just wanted to get the area over with.
>>
>>337197642
I switched off my main setup for that part, 2 handing a greatsword lets you swing up and down to hit the head more often. Left/right swings and thrusting attacks are going to take longer to get through the phase.
>>
>>337195550
Dark Souls threads are always so whiny
>oh get git lmao
>can't git gud cuz game's cheating
Saged, blow me
>>
File: DLXvBgs.gif (369 KB, 192x291) Image search: [Google]
DLXvBgs.gif
369 KB, 192x291
>crystal soul spear
>hits dragon head and continues to hit the king
>>
I use a Pharis Bow to bait enemies and cheese monsters when they get stuck on scenery.

I ranged the Nameless King because getting near him sucked ass. I killed his first form by standing in front of his testicles and shooting his chest from underneath. Then I blasted the second form with wood and dodge-rolled away whenever he jumped at me.

I liked the fight because he made me switch tactics to my secondary weapon.
>>
For Nameless and Sullivan I just went with the old standby of "stay really, really close to the boss and roll behind them when they try and swing at you". It's surprisingly effective on a lot of bosses
>>
Hardest boss for me was unironically crystal sage. I couldn't stand his fucking clones shooting a hundred thousand magic rainbow darts from 360 degrees. Pontiff Sullyvahn is probably the most overrated boss in terms of difficulty. All you had to do was parry him.
>>
>>337199171

I started performing really well when I focused more on dodging and only swung whenever the boss had an opening so obvious that I would feel stupid for not attacking.

I killed the Pontiff Sulyvahn my first try because I was frantically dodge rolling around and occasionally a voice inside my head would say "HIT!" and then I would tap R1.

Always remember: Hips, testicles, and ass. One of these three is guaranteed to be a safe zone
>>
>>337199321
>Crystal Sage
Just stand behind a column or roll or something?

I can't hate though, people think I'm stupid for dying on Aldrich a bunch of times. Fucking arrows for days.
>>
>>337195550
Are the drang twinspears just OP? I beat him on my first try. Didn't realize he was giving everyone trouble.

The dancer took me like 40 tries
>>
>>337195550
1st phase
>never get hit because you can just stand under his head
2nd phase
>nameless king doesn't get to move because you stunlock him with bleed and stagger

Had a harder time with pontiff the first time then nameless.
>>
Hardest boss was the Old Demon King.

Don't know why but I never had so much trouble with any other boss, especially Pontiff and the NK, but I got my butt blasted many times.
>>
>>337200196
Are you one of those guys who didn't figure out how to roll over the flame ring?
>>
>>337200225
Yes
>>
>>337200225
What flame ring? Not him but I just stuck to his bottom and rolled whenever he went for an attack. Pretty easy.
>>
>>337200196
When he lifts his hammer over his left shoulder to swipe at you and you roll under it you lose lock on for no good reason. That killed me a couple of times. The lava vomit is not fun either if you're too close.
>>
>>337195550
Boss was easy as fuck once you got passed the bullshit camera fight with the dragon.

Hardest bit was always having to refight dragon each time.

Boss took me 5 tries, died to dragon 3 of the 4 deaths
>>
it depends on your build.
if you went dex with some kind of fast weapon, no fight was hard for you, the entire game was a breeze. the game started feeling too easy at 40 dex.

if you went str, i'm sure the high HP, high armor bosses were a problem for you, like NK and Dragon Slayer armor.

if you went int or faith, i really feel for you. Crystal Sage and Aldrich were probably the biggest challenges. both are resistant to magic, resistant to ranged and both force you to be aggressive otherwise you die a really embarrassing attrition battle.

to beat Aldrich as deep int, i had to go run through Smouldering Lake for a chaos gem to get a chaos weapon. otherwise i did like zero damage.
prolly coulda used pyro to kill him, looking back on it.
>>
>>337200196
>>337199996

One of the things I love about the Souls games is how people struggle with different bosses. I beat both Dancer and Old Demon King first go quite easily, but fuck me Nameless King was a twat and so was Pontiff.
>>
I'm on ng+2 and I've beaten this fucker every single time.literally git gud
>>
>>337195550

That boss is CONPLETELY trivialized if you're a strength build. Great shield (preferrably Havels), lightning resist armor, and whatever weapon you want. You can just sit there and take chip damage for days and just poke him after each of his combos. Need a sippy? Just sippy up when you would normally poke him.

Had a friend summon two phantoms because he was scared shitless of that fight. He was using a greatshield strength build with over 1k health. Both of his phantoms died almost immediately after they killed the dragon. He just turtled the entire fight. Only used five estus.
>>
>>337198828
>complaining about people being whiny in the whiniest way possible
10/10
>>
>>337199996
Dancer, her attack extra range always got me.
>>
>>337201265
Dragonslayer armour's shield you can make is better. Like 95% lightning resist or something.
>>
>>337200920
>thinking str weapons are anything but godlike in ds3

sure, the pvp meta favors dex, but str curb-stomps every boss in the game easily
>>
>>337201265
Dragonslayer shield is too good ? Thinking to use that but then, very fucking heavy
>>
>>337195550
>Teleport
What?
>>
>>337195550
lmao I summoned a dude who owned him for me
>>
>>337201092

Thank god you specified to literally 'git gud', I thought you meant figuratively for a moment there.
>>
File: 1456108250616.jpg (424 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456108250616.jpg
424 KB, 1280x720
>My face beating him with Fume Greatsword
>All that rolling to get the hit or take an opportunity to pop an estus Knowing that if you fall it's back to more tedious Storm Drake headsmashing

At least this and Gundyr are fun fights, kills me these guys are the optional fights while we get High Lord "Hit My Glowing Bracelets" Wolfnir and Deacons of the Deep as required bosses when they are piss easy and barely qualify as bosses.
>>
>>337201506
I used the Lothric Knight's Shield at about 87% lightning block
>>
>>337200161
What are some good ways to inflict bleed on bosses? Aside from spiked sword
>>
>>337201748
Some said use gnaw something something
>>
This post will probably come across as bitching, but does anybody else feel that when a boss kills you in this game it always feels cheap? If I ever died in BB, it always felt like I fucked up, except for a few bosses, like Loran camera beast. In DaS3 though, it always felt like they threw enemies at you without the tools to adequately deal with them, like the speed of bloodbornes enemies without the manoeuvrability granted to you in BB.
>>
>>337200196
He does have a lot of AoEs that come out of nowhere if you're attacking him. He's honestly a shitty boss.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.