[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: Darksoulsissohardcore.png (3 MB, 1645x929) Image search: [Google]
Darksoulsissohardcore.png
3 MB, 1645x929
Why?
>>
To divide PvP and Co-op zones
People have been posting this shit since 2, it's really not hard to understand
>>
>>337194856
This, also design influence from Bloodborne
>>
>>337194739
who cares?
>>
>>337195018
Which was influenced by Demon Souls.
>>
>>337195187
Unreasonably close checkpoints come from Bloodborne not Demon's Souls
>>
File: uSwoPja.png (608 KB, 884x538) Image search: [Google]
uSwoPja.png
608 KB, 884x538
>dark sword
>>
>>337194739
Probably so that the boss bonfire and the grand archive bonfire have what their own entry on the warp list.
>>
>>337195579
>using an effective weapon

whats the problem here senpai?
>>
>>337194856

That doesn't really explain anything, nor does the second bonfire change anything.

>Warp to Grand Archives bonfire
>You're now in an area where you can summon and be invaded, with a fog wall locking you in
>Warp to Dragonslayer Armor
>Walk for five seconds
>You're now in an area where you can summon and be invaded, with a fog wall locking you in
>>
>>337196620
Most of the absurd bonefires are only because of the choice they made to always spawn a bonefire where a boss is defeated.

Most of the "non boss" bonefires are a good distance apart, aside from that one directly after vordt where the gargoyles drop you off which is completely pointless
>>
>>337196483
A lot of people don't like how popular it has become. It seems to be the leading example of what is unbalanced with the straight swords (very high damage, low Stam cost to swing, fast swings, and can stun lock most enemies).
>>
>>337196763
You can take out all the non-boss bonfires and the game would improve.
>>
>>337194739
design decision from bloodborne where every boss creates a bonfire, and having a bonfire at the start of every area. I really don't see the point in it, but at least they are thorough I guess?
>>
>>337196794
don't blame the players because Dark Souls 3 has shit weapon balance across the board. They have no excuse because DS2 had amazing weapon balance, and Bloodborne was great in that department too (although it had much less weapons to balance).

A lot of weapons in Dark Souls 3 are pretty much unusable unless you're trying to fuck yourself over for a challenge run.
>>
I was surprised when I saw that. I thought for sure the mimic bonfire meme was about to become reality.
>>
>>337195481
Boletaria 1-1 to 1-2
Bloodborne does it in the chalice dungeons, though theres a reason: to not get you lost or confused about which (optional) doors (the ones with loot only) you've been through.
>>
>>337197035
>running all the way from Vordt if you die to Abyss Watchers before fighting crystal
>running from crystal sage if you die anywhere in cathedral
>running from fucking catacombs if you die in Profaned Capital

no fuck that, there are large stretches of the game with no boss fights and just strings of normal bonefires. Especially the road of sacrifices and the the two zones leading up to Yhorm
>>
>>337197167
>They have no excuse because DS2 had amazing weapon balance
Hello, my name is strike damage
>>
>>337197165
>I really don't see the point in it
Allows player to cash in on the beating of the boss and level up without having to take a risk on going forward or having to go back to the last bonfire before the boss.
>>
>>337197035
not all but removing some might fix the game. I remember early in development it was discussed that bonfires were actually a limited consumable item, which you can place wherever you want? I wonder what happened to that.

Shame they didnt try anything new
>>
>>337197035
how so?

Do redundant bonfires actively take away from the game? I mean its not like its breaking up a level or anything.
>>
>>337197610
if the bonfire is right ahead there is no risk anyways. The player might get scared for a second if he's a big pussy, but then he'll see the bonfire and go cash in.
>>
>>337197560
*dark souls 2 had amazing weapon balance in PvP
>>
>>337194739
The real question here is why are you using pyromancy and a dark blade.... You disgusting piece of human feces.
>>
>>337197770
There were occasional cases with no bonfire at a start of a area.
>>
>>337197892
maybe you should back up for a second anon and realize that you're getting mad about somebody posting a screenshot that's probably not even theres on an anime imageboard because you don't like the way they're playing a video game

how old are you?
>>
>>337197956
then either put a bonfire there or have one generated when the boss dies. Why do you want both?
>>
>>337197770
It probably wasn't worth programming this one boss not to spawn a bonfire.
>>
>>337198072
>Why do you want both?
Why do you care if there is a redundant bonfire?
>>
I still think the retarded bonfires are the rushed results of their original system not working as planned.

Remember, they had that whole system of making your own bonfires.
>>
>>337198073
so you are saying they literally didnt give a shit about the game quality?

Well its an okay game for a cash grab
>>
File: 1436850024052.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1436850024052.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
What do I need to do so Greirat doesn't die like a bitch in Lothric?
>>
>>337198227
They didn't give a shit about appeasing autists like you.
>>
>>337198026
last time i checked it was like 3 or something
>>
>>337198186
I can see a big problem with placing your own bonefires, and that would be enemy proximity. You can't have a bonefire where you rest and you instantly have an enemy on top of you, so how do they deal with that? If you limit the locations you can place it to be outside enemy spawn locations, then you might as well have fixed bonefire locations. What if the player runs out of bonefires because they're stupid? They'll make the game pretty much unbeatable. How do you coordinate locations for people to throw down their white sign soapstone if there's no fixed bonefire location?
>>
>>337198186
Why would making your own bonfires be good?
If you started struggling you'd just shit a bonfire and bam, instant checkpoint. That would totally break the game.
I don't get it.
>>
>>337198351
check the wiki FAGGOt just bite the bullet and go to fextra. I know it's shit. suck it up.
>>
>>337198162
because that shit looks dumb yo.
>>
>>337198351
He'll always die there. Can't stop it.
>>
>>337198186
That's pretty definitely a part of it.
Especially in OP's case, the bonfire at the start of archives area makes sense, there is shortcut right there and another near the start, inside.
The area was clearly designed to loop around to the same bonfire again and again without taking the Dragonslayer Armor bonfire in consideration.
>>
What's the most bloodborne-Like build I can make in das3?
>>
>>337198593
no it doesn't
>>
>>337198546
It was tied to coiled sword fragments and something regarding embers originally. Chances are there was a limited use of bonfires.
>>
>>337198418
They probably would have made it so you could only choose to make a bonfire right after beating the boss. You'd have limited uses so you would need to choose between resting after the boss or risking the next area hoping the bonfire isn't too far.
>>
>>337197453
>dying in souls games
lol git gut
>>
Homemade bonfires would be retarded. It would never be as good as just having well designed levels with fixed ones. Absolutely zero reason to ever do it.
>>
>>337198418
The idea probably had a mix of rare set bonfires and limited player dropped bonfires.
But you are right in that balancing it would be nightmare and ultimately, I believe, that level's designers are the best people to choose where the level checkpoints should go. Players just fuck it all up.
>>
>>337198351
I AM GREIRAT THE THIEF
>>
>>337198869
man it genuinely scared me when that shit was rumoured before the games release, sounded so bad they way it was rumored
>>337198885
>>337198418
The best possible thing to do would to have a campfire system for really, REALLY long areas
>go to bonfire at start of area
>is slightly bigger than usual, resting at it gives you a unique campbonfire item
>big level with no bonfire or shortcuts in it, just a boss at the end
>have to find a spot to place your campfire, gotta be at least a certain distance away from mobs so you gotta either clear an area or go somewhere safe
>usable item so it goes away
>refills your flasks and your health, can retune magic or whatever you filthy magicfags do, can even warp away/level up there if you have the option
>however if you warp away/die you warp back to the original bonfire you got it from, and it gives you another
would be like an adventure
>>
>>337197750

CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE SAVE TIME, ANON.

THEY NEED TO WASTE IT ON RUNNING AROUND FOR 5 MINUTES.

I fucking love the extra bonfires, and it makes the game much more enjoyable. Also no hidden bullshit like that fucking balcony in Sens Funhouse in DS1.
>>
>>337194739

nice graphics what is this ps1?
>>
>>337198813
I see. I still think it would be unbalanced somehow.
>>
>>337198351
You can only save him in Lothric on a NG+. Yo have to have the catarina set from a previous journey and give it to Siegmeyer so he can save him in Irythil. This way you dont have to buy it from patches so then patches can go save him in Lothric Castle.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.