[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If this didn't have all the pop culture references(Or stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: fallout 2 cover.jpg (10 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
fallout 2 cover.jpg
10 KB, 220x229
If this didn't have all the pop culture references(Or stuck them to a wild wasteland trait), would it be the best fallout?
>>
no. Because the opening would still be inferior to 1.
>>
1>NV>2>solid gold>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

Fact.
>>
>how dare people of destroyed America remember bits of their past culture!
>r-reddit
>>
No because the pacing in the first half of the game is terrible and favours melee characters and also ooga booga my people. The second half of the game is baller though
>>
>>337158391
Nah its just that I see most people complain about the pop culture references saying it ruined the game. I personally enjoyed them. I think fallout 2 was great since it built most of the lore for the series.
>>
>>337158636
That was kind of the point, over the game you see your character who starts out as a useless tribal with nothing but a spear slowly evolve.
You go from a spear to a shitty gun or a sledgehammer from there to a decent rifle then to a higher tier pistol to the end game weapons.

Within the context of the games story it made sense.
>>
No. The first game didn't have that many enemies when you think about it. It was about having choice in handling the situation. Fallout 2 throws choice out the door and you're fighting all the time and there's enemies everywhere. It's just too long. Should have made a new engine for it.
>>
The start of the game is so bad. I want to replay it but I really really don't want to go through that again. It's like starting in the warrens in VtMB
>>
>>337159487
Even the developers admit that they hate the temple of trials.
>>
>>337160217
Wasn't it forced on them by the publishers?
>>
>>337159487
I would compare it more to Irenicus's dungeon from BG2 simply because with VtMB you atleast have different dialogues and such for some character build.
>>
>>337160536
Pretty much, although unless you played fallout 1, you probably wouldn't be interested in 2 so a tutorial was stupid as fuck. I normally mod that part out.
>>
>>337157778
some of this stuff was pretty funny though

> "Oh Well, I thought there weren't any children because this might be the European version of Fallout 2. Goodbye."
>>
>>337161425
Wasn't really a pop culture reference as much as the developers having a chuckle.

>I'll get you on my next save
>I've been reading this item description and now i finally know what it is but its probably going to say the same thing.
>All of the other character models complaining they werent playable.
>It was another hero model Im innocent!
>Whoever programed this town must disrespect women.

The bridge of death will always be funny though.
>>
It's arguably the best Fallout even with the pop culture references.
>>
>>337159487
You can literally beat it in 2 minutes
>>
>>337158046
Nah.

1≈2≈NV>Tactics>3>4>BoS

I can't believe that I'm defending it but F3at least was still an RPG, even if severly lacking.
>>
>>337162110
It takes longer if your strength is shit and you want to kill all of the enemies. And considering that strength is pretty useless since power armor alot of players have that problem.
>>
>>337162293
>These people won't admit Bos was the best fallout
I mean look how good this trailer was!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Xs1tm-9-U
>>
>>337159487
>It's like starting in the warrens in VtMB
I swear it's like Trokia/Balck Isle just had to include a mandatory "tedious dungeon" in their RPGs or something

>Warrens
>Temple of Trials
>Black Mountain Clan mines
>>
>>337162423
Why would you post a video with nothing in it?
>>
>>337162320
>want to kill all of the enemies
why would you want to kill all the enemies in the temple? What a useless thing to do.
>>
>>337162560
Was it so good it blew your mind?
>>
>>337162658
exp. I need all of the exp. Also those stingers sell pretty decent.
>>
>>337162658
>he doesn't have the need to hoard every single piece of experience and potential monetary gain early in the game even if it doesn't mean jack shit later on
Subhuman.
>>
>>337162658
Farm XP.

In fallout 1 you get to level 4 in vault 15 if you take the time to kill everything ;)
>>
>>337162772
>>337163019
>>337163026

getting xp from random encounters is better. You can run when you want and rest after victory.
>>
>>337162683
I dunno, I can't see anything.

I'm trying to watch it, then I get that strange feeling and before I know the video is over.

I can't quite manage to read the title, too.
>>
>>337163262
Its just the best game ever it has everything!
>Hot chicks
>Action
>Ghouls
>explosions
>drama
>The brotherhood of fucking steel!
Its the best game ever made man!
>>
>>337163553
>The b̷̷̡̠̝̝̹̣̖͍̺͚̭̠ͩ̌̐ͩ͠r̸͓͕̪̹̠̱͙̻̹̣̪̬̻̮͈ͦ̏̊̎ͪ̐́͡ͅȏ̴̯̥̞͉̺̘ͨͧ̍̅̆͆̏̍̈̈ͬ̓́ͫͮͬͬ̀ţ̏̈ͮͥ̅̈́̂̽̃͏̷̴̞̫̼͓͙ͅh̢̽͊͒̓́͡҉̮̞̠̰͔̺̥̙̬̱̭͍͇̫̦̭̭͇ͅę̴̶̢̲̳̰̫̺͎͎͉̙̯̮͓ͮ͛ͮ͒͛͂̎̂͗ͯ̑̋̃̊̃́̕r̵̪̜̬̻͕̩̺ͩͥͨ̀̔͐ͨ̌ͮͤͮ̀̚h̴̘̩͇͎̓̐ͩ̊̐̋̌̀ͯ̂ͫ͗̈́̒̾ͤ̈́͠o̶͎͍͕̘̹͙͇̳͚̲̹̱͈̗͋ͤ̿ͯ͑̒ͧ̽͋ͮ̅̋̌ͤ͂̇̍̑̀̕oͨͧ̇̃̀̽̈́̔ͣ̇̈́͒ͦ̚҉̰̖̩̻̪̞̱̤̰̖͚͎̹͢ͅḑ̵̭̺̦̙̺̠͕̦͎̫̜̘ͭ͒̌ͫ̆ͩͫ̅͗̅ͬ́̚͟ ̸̸̡̼͓̻͈͖͈̼̂̂̊ͦ̑ͨͩͥ̑̔̅ͣ̄ͯ̍̚͘ͅo̷̫̤͍͈͉̯̹̘͍̺̲̥̙ͫ͑̄̋ͦ̾͌͐̕f̢̒͋̋̈̅̃͆̓ͥ̃̈́͗̿̃ͪ͆̀͞҉̛̲̯͓̺̭̝̣̪͖͚̣͔̳͜ fucking ṡ̡͔̠͔̗̠͓̫̼͖̅͋ͮ̇̀͞͝tͨ͛̆̓̐ͧ̍͐ͭ͛̊ͭ̔̄̃ͯ̍͒͡҉̸̞͖̲̟̤̫̹̪̬̯̬̹̯̯͞e̶̮̘̭̟̜͕̳̰͎͊̌̋̉̑ͭ͌̓̉̆̅ͪͬͪ̈́͘͢͝ͅl̴͎̗̹͓͖͙̲̳̞̘̰͇̜͖̱̂ͫ̽ͮ͗͒ͨ̾̍̂̀͘͡l̴̨̢̞̠͙̯̞̘͍̞̞̫̳̳̖̜͎̺̗͆̽́ͥ͂̿̊͑͂͟!
The fucking what?
>>
>>337164008
The. Brotherhood. Of. Fuckin. Steel! mate!

The best faction in fallout lore made up of the forces of good saving the wasteland with cool power armor and lasers man that badass right! Fallout 3 also had them at their best.
>>
>>337164295
Oh no.

You can't possibly be talking about the
>>
>>337164445
BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL MAN!!! BEST GAME!!! BEST FACTION!!!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.