[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stole Sega's money to develop Borderlands and outsourced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: gearbox[1].png (17 KB, 598x507) Image search: [Google]
gearbox[1].png
17 KB, 598x507
>stole Sega's money to develop Borderlands and outsourced Aliens: CM
>stole the Borderland's art style from an artist and then threatened to sue.
>set up 3D Realms with a contract that gave Gearbox the rights to the Duke Nukem series, both released and future games, while not paying royalties to past developers
>employed Anthony Burch

Why the hell does /v/ love Gearbox so much?
>>
You forgot
>literally tries to murder a cripple and his wife who has lupus
>>
Literally no one likes gearbox here. Even if they did make a sweet ass HL expansion.

also
>they killed brothers in arms
>>
Who will Randy swindle for money next?
Battleborn is a total flop and they need to recover that money somehow.
>>
>>337130283
>>literally tries to murder a cripple and his wife who has lupus
What?
>>
>>337128264
>/v/ is one person
I have never seen a single positive comment towards Gearbox.
Borderlands and Battleborn, sure, they have their ups and downs. As a company, they can burn.
>>
These are the people sitting on Duke. I want to die.
>>
>>337131035
It's ok, they'll just shit out another borderlands.

Fuck, did Sega's lawsuit go anywhere?
>>
>>337128264
You forgot the part where they sued Sega and fucking won.
>>
>>337131220
Gearbox are currently trying to treat the dev of EDuke32 with a lawsuit, especially for the mobile port, nevermind that the guy got a license for creating it from 3DR before they gave the rights to Gearbox.
The dev is crippled and his wife is diagnosed with lupus and EDuke32 is their way of income.

Oh yeah, and they are also going to absolutely rape Duke3D>

https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8340-the-duke-nukem-forum-on-gearbox/page__st__510__p__245702#entry245702
>>
who the hell likes gearbox?
>>
>caring about jews getting jewed

Sega deserves it and you know it
>>
>>337132175
Anthony Burch probably.
>>
>>337128264
They made Duke Nukem Forver, I want to to burn in hell. Not the hell where every /v/tard will burn, no, the special hell.
>>
>>337132519
>They released Duke Nukem Forver

ftfy
Almost all of the shit in it was due to 3DR.
>>
File: 17zt5pmn3i0q4jpg.jpg (26 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
17zt5pmn3i0q4jpg.jpg
26 KB, 550x343
>>337128264
They're scum bags
>>
>>337132736

Well, I'll not forgive them for releasing a piece of shit they found.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 645x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 645x456
mfw i will never be anthony burch
>>
Only Anthony Burch can save Gearbox.
>>
>why does /v/ loves gearbox so much?

>all those battleborn and not overwatch threads
>all those threads not pointing fun a gearbox because how poorly battleborn did
>all those times borderlands was brought up here and people didn't call it a meme
game
>>
>>337128264
>stole Sega...
enough of a reason to love them

fuck Sega
>>
When has /v/ ever praised Gearbox lately? All I hear is making fun of Burch, shitting on Borderlands, laughing at the failure of Duke and Aliens, and more.

Some people are fans of Borderlands or some of their older shit, but rarely do you see active praise or even defense for them. What are you even talking about OP?
>>
not to mention they killed Brother in arms franchise,
it's like they were never good at FPS in the first place
>>
File: this.png (922 KB, 969x698) Image search: [Google]
this.png
922 KB, 969x698
>you will never EVER be Anthony Burch
>>
>>337133031

>Loving a developer that actively lied about their product to people all the way up until launch

No most devs aren't that bad if you're gonna say everyone does it
>>
File: don't kill me.jpg (144 KB, 642x482) Image search: [Google]
don't kill me.jpg
144 KB, 642x482
>>337128264
Unfortunately, the new lines from JSJ aren't that great. I don't think that's JSJ's fault. They're very deadpan. I don't think he was given any direction when recording them. No amount of post-processing is going to make it sound like he gave a shit. A lot of them are dumb lines ripped directly from currently popular media. I about cried when I heard him say "bazinga".
>>
>>337133016
I've literally never seen a single Borderlands thread without someone mentioning memes or Burch.

And Overwatch has tons of threads. Granted a lot are waifu shit or bitching about overpowered characters, but they still exist. Compared to the amount of Battleborn threads I've seen Overwatch is doing fine. Are you making shit up anon?
>>
>>337131896
Gearbox Won
>>
>>337131896
But who will they swipe money from now?
They fucked up shittleborn and Randy Pitchman has burned too many bridges
>>
File: fucking Randy.jpg (81 KB, 646x264) Image search: [Google]
fucking Randy.jpg
81 KB, 646x264
http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/17/whats-in-a-name-gearbox-software/
>>
>>337133283
You're a little dumb, aren't you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgnjCe3m5Gg
>>
>>337133416
Sarcasm doesn't come through well over text sometimes anon, but fine. Wasn't paying much attention, I'll admit.
>>
>people surprised gearbox are dirtbags only in it to rip people off

Gearbox are gypsies, just like Activision are Jews. Never trust products from gyps sight unseen.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.