[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games that are better on GameBoy Advance than their console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: KingdomHeartsCoMCover_.jpg (52 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
KingdomHeartsCoMCover_.jpg
52 KB, 256x256
ITT: Games that are better on GameBoy Advance than their console counterparts.
>>
>>337127343
That's about it. /thread
>>
>>337127343
isn't the ps2 version better?
>>
File: download.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>337127407
What about pic related?
>>
>>337127467
no. I have 1.5 and the Level Design just doesn't work in 3D. It's just blank rooms with some chests and enemies sprinkled around. That's literally it.
>>
File: 1461961005284.jpg (19 KB, 387x468) Image search: [Google]
1461961005284.jpg
19 KB, 387x468
>>337128013
>>
Smashing Drive.
In arcades and on Xbox it's a mediocre Crazy Taxi clone.
On GBA it's this weird fucking mess that's actually kind of impressive and enjoyable. Not good, but fun.
>>
File: Bottomless_Darkness_(card).png (4 KB, 64x96) Image search: [Google]
Bottomless_Darkness_(card).png
4 KB, 64x96
>>337127467
No man, it's the complete opposite.
>CoM's biggest rooms have like six or eight encounters and are like three waves of two to four enemies at best.
>Re:CoM's smallest room has around six or eight encounters with three waves of anywhere from 3 enemies(Traverse Town) per wave to eight(Twilight Town and Castle Oblivion).
>CoM's arenas are compact so chasing down EXP isn't too bad and there's pretty much no worthless card.
>Re:CoM arenas are massive and the pickup range is small so you tend to miss drops here and there while also making amazing cards like Cloud's Omnislash complete garbage and even just "okay" ones like Simba are made worse.
>CoM dishes out enough Moogle Points for you to afford at least a full section clean out every two to three floors.
>Re:CoM is so stingy with them that you're lucky if you can clean out a section in four to five floors even if you smack everything you see.
>Re:CoM gives you less EXP despite killing more enemies than you did in CoM which makes fights a huge chore to go through, especially due to the constant waves.
>Bosses are way easier in Re:CoM for whatever reason, especially Marluxia and Rikus 3 and 4.
>Re:CoM adds this absolutely useless and garbage map card to the pool.
>Still retains the 99 map card limit for whatever asinine reason when it just means you need to go hunting for completely random colors and amounts of cards when you get near endgame even if you were hoarding.
It's okay, but it's definitely inferior.
>>
>>337127467
The PS2 version is better simply because it has full cut scenes.

Gameplay wise it's just whatever and is kinda eh in both the PS2 version and GBA version.
>>
Egg Mania
FFV
Arguably Contra: Alien Wars depending on your opinion of the original's Mode 7 sections.
Double Dragon Advance and Final Fight One are better than the original console ports.
Metroid and Shining Force got good remakes.
Gekido Advance is a different kind of game, but was better than its console counterpart.
Can't think of any others.
>>
>>337127467
Played it on 1.5 and it's a bit of a slog. I'm probably gonna drop it for the GBA version.
>>
>>337127343
That game was so abysmal that I downloaded a compilation movie of all in-game cutscenes off piratebay in 2005.
>>
>>337127467
The kind of stupid fucks who think KH2 is the pinnacle of action games perpetuate that notion. It takes a game meant to be played like an RPG Double Dragon and puts it in full 3D with barely any (good) alterations.

>>337129184
If you care about cutscenes you can watch them on Youtube, jackass. The game got butchered in conversion.
>>
>>337129269
It's a slog on both because the original is just cutscenes, empty rooms and combat. GBA is less painful for reasons stated above, but you're gonna feel the monotony by endgame.
>>
>>337127343
I'd argue the Gameboy Advance Castelvanias are better than the console ones.

Then again that's mostly personal preference.
>>
super mario advance series
>>
>>337130812
Circle and Aria are pretty high tier.
Harmony a shit.
>>
Megaman
>>
>>337130904
I think they even have better graphics as well.
>>
File: 1452085723171.jpg (45 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
1452085723171.jpg
45 KB, 300x345
>Long ass boss fight
>lose all cards
>have like one card each time i "recovery" my deck
>The fights goes for like 1+ hour

I fucking hated CoM and RE:CoM. What a shitty fucking combat system it had jesus christ
>>
File: Snapshot_20141129_172611.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20141129_172611.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
Hold me.
>>
>>337131447
WHATEVER LIES BEYOND THIS MORNING
how did you manage to do it you absolute madman
>>
>>337131447
Why did you put yourself through that?
>>
>>337131108
>Sleighting every single thing
This is your own fault for things being annoying. You literally only need six or nine Keyblades at the start, a full magic or support combo, Curaga, and then a couple 0s at the end. Then just use Maleficent and Jafar and you're golden.

All this method requires is sleighting your full magic/support combo at the start to break a combo that interrupts you, using Maleficent on your first reload, and then proceeding to sleight your remaining magic/support cards over the next two turns and relying on 0s to break combos as well. It's literally just doing Keyblade combos and juggling card breaks here and there, there's nothing annoying or tough about it at all.
>>
>>337131108
I think you just misunderstood the system. it was really fun to work with when you knew what you were doing. Spamming sleights and 3-hit combos would lead to what you experienced. Keeping your shortcut on a 0 card is a better alternative to breaking enemy cards. If you absolutely needed to use a lot of sleights, you should have brought elixers to the fight.
>>
>>337130812
I prefer the Classicvanias, so I ultimately disagree, but I think that Aria of Sorrow is better than Symphony of the Night in many respects.
>>
>>337131726
I beat it once 100% with sora on proud and then once 100% with riku on proud. That took like 4 daysish. Then the next four days I cleared it once a day.

>>337131819
Stockholme Syndrome
>>
File: Kingdom Hearts.jpg (89 KB, 782x352) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Hearts.jpg
89 KB, 782x352
>>337131447
I feel your pain friend. After KH1 and Re:CoM I hate Neoshadows to death.
>>
>>337132101
Did you platinum KH1?
>>
>>337132252
I don't remember having an issue with Neoshadows.

>>337132291
I have every plat for KH.
>>
>>337132252
>>337132434
I don't know how you people could handle the bullshit that was 1.5's trophies. Having to beat the game on each difficulty setting along with stupid shit like "don't change your equipment" ruins the fun entirely.
>>
>>337132637
I actually thought doing beginner and don't change equipment was pretty cool to do at the same time. Standard is where I took forever on, since I just wanted to power through it and wound up really underleveled.
>>
>>337132434
You had no problem grinding Riku in Castle Oblivion at all? The Neoshadows constantly had 6-8 cards unless you nerfed them with those extremely rare map cards or buffed yourself, they constantly ducked underground, they'd smack you in the back while Wyverns, Defenders, and Wizards harassed you, and they had boatloads of health.

In KH1 you had to fight off nine at a time, they deflected more or less every other attack, and once you thinned the numbers down to one of them you had to chase the thing and kill it in like three seconds or it would respawn all nine of its buddies again with only one drop if I'm remembering right.

>>337132637
Don't change your equipment, speedrun, and the beginner run go hand in hand, especially since they hand you 20+ of every boost right from the get-go. The only annoying part of the entire run is Ansem who took me nearly two hours. The fight in the tree trunk had me sweating bullets for almost half an hour, and then the actual ship stuff is like 20 minutes a segment, and if you die at all it sends you all the way back.
>>
>>337132807
Nope, I spent most of my time watching shitty shounen anime instead of actually paying attention to my grinding. I don't even remember them being a problem in KH1, but I was prolly level 99 by then.
>>
>>337132937
I was barely paying attention myself but 16 something hours of grinding that garbage gets to you man, especially when you run out of the good map cards that make Neoshadows kinda trivial and end up having to pay attention to everything.
>>
>>337132807
>especially since they hand you 20+ of every boost right from the get-go
They do? Well that does make it a lot more bearable.
>>
>>337133127
Dunno, it never got to me, not like Terra in 2 on Critical. Now THAT'S a motherfucker to be reckoned with.

>>337133225
It was pretty easy.
>>
File: 1441643792420.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1441643792420.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>>337127343
>Captain Hook for the first time in the GBA version
>immediately puts me in a corner
>proceeds to spam the shit out of the bombs
>get torn apart

Hook was one hell of a wakeup call.
>>
>>337135206
The second Axel fight was mine. That fucker stomped my shit in more times then I can count.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.