[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If consoles are already struggling to maintain 30fps, what will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
If consoles are already struggling to maintain 30fps, what will their framerates be like by the end of the generation?
>>
>>337126758
worse.
>>
Who cares, fuck the casual retards that are dumb enough to buy a console.
>>
>>337127028
How much worse can they get? Does a single digit framerate feel more cinematic?
>>
The graphics will only get better and better like every gen!
>>
>>337127253
isn't it already hitting single digits in fallout 4? or was that just xbone.
>>
>>337127395
I asked about framerate, not graphics.
>>
>>337126758
I think I've found the answer to your question.
>>
>>337127486
frame rates prolly get better or stay the same, won't go down.
>>
>>337126758
Fine, due to forced mid-term upgrades.

PS4K/Neo/Whatever will be the new graphical standard console - and very likely 1080p/60 at the start then 1080p/30later.

Original PS4 will continue to lose graphical fidelity to maintain framerate and probably drop back down to 720p/30 - but a stable 30.
>>
>>337126758
probably about the same

MS is starting to push devs to optimize and compress their shit so we don't get 6 hour 30fps experiences that are 40gb
>>
>>337128181
This
>>
>>337128181
you'd like to think this is true but in reality the first probably 2 years for the ps4k are going to be pretty bleak as far as graphical improvements go i'd wager

people aren't going to scrap work on games they've already started to make drastic use of the ps4k. if anything the best that will happen for a lot of games is 60fps on games that would've been 30fps, but the same or close graphical fidelity on each
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.