[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you get better or worse at games as you get older? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: 1455350878445.png (150 KB, 1185x601) Image search: [Google]
1455350878445.png
150 KB, 1185x601
Do you get better or worse at games as you get older?

I'm better at slow games like turn-based combat, but much worse at everything that requires quick action like FPS, Hack and slash, or Fighting...
>>
>lurking since 08
>started posting in 10

so am i old or new
>>
07 or 08 can't remember
>>
>>337126150
>tfw late cancermaster
:^)
>>
>>337126150
Newfag

I was 15 at that time.
>>
First laptop
Became NEET and became a shutin
The start of my downfall.
>>
>implying i remember
2007 at least or before but sure as hell i wasn't here at 2005
easy to know , i started coming when i watched lucky star , whatever year was that
all those fucking faces are reddit level besides the anime i forgot the name
>>
>>337126150
I'm a newfag. Started coming here back when I was going into 10th grade when the Jessie Slaughter stuff was happening.
>>
>>337127589
Check the chart newfag holy shit
>>
>>337127894
Things were never the same
>>
I started ruining my life at around 2007.
>>
>>337126150
holy shit i've been here for 10 years
I didn't realize how well i had integrated 4chan into my life
>>
>>337126150

I can't remember whether I was 2009 or 2010

I should check E3s since I remember which ones I watched with /v/
>>
I was here before EFG had a mask. And I remember boxdog... the saddest dog.
>>
Oldfag, faggot.

What's Moot though?
>>
>>337128203
Sigourney
>>
>>337128203
a little girl.
>>
>>337126150
>people keep adding to this image
>>
>lurking since '06
>actively posting since '07

I still consider myself a summerfag
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>337126150
tfw cesspool
>>
>>337128314
that's what makes it sad, man.
There's just gonna be more, and our plot points define us as a user.
>>
>Mid Post-moot era in the end of the Summer wave last year
>Somehow I fit in better than 40-50% of /v/ posters
This board is so shit.
>>
Better at strategy games, but worse at action. I remember beating Contra solo on 3 lives and I absolutely couldn't do that now.
>>
Found 4chan after seeing not4chan in 04. I was 13 and thought if this is not4chan wtf is 4chan. Browsed for a while then left came back permanently in 08. How times change...
>>
>>337127857

That's usually how I keep track of how long I've been on 4chan, Suzumiya shitshow was at its peak when I visited /a/ along with Touhou spam threads.
>>
>>337128452
congratulations you are the first who answered on-topic
we are 22 posts in
this is /v/ video games
>>
>>337126150
lurkin and posting in 08

newfag it seems. I guess you'll never get rid of this title, no matter how old you are.
>>
>>337126150
Start coming at summer of 2007 looking for hentai to fap before going to college.
Good days.
>>
>>337128529

It's called thread irrelevant, kind of like how people posted tits on /v/ and say, "What video games should I play while taking a dump?" and everyone would retort, "THREAD IRRELEVANT, POST MOAR BOOBS."

In this case, OP's pic is more interesting than the post itself.
>>
>2012

so i'm death i guess
>>
>>337126150
>Do you get better or worse at games as you get older?
I'd say i'm loads better but I was pretty fucking awful at games as a kid

Also 4chan really suffers from underage posters now, as the site has grown the number of kids has grown disproportionately
>>
>>337128423
I honestly don't know how people even remember when they started browsing 4chan. Like was it such an impact on your life to browse a site because you're bored that you mark the year?
>>
>ITT people lie about how long they've been here
>>
tfw you've been on 4chan for 10 years
>>
>>337126150
I've been stuck on this shitty site since 2004

worship me
>>
>>337128765
>I honestly don't know how people even remember when they started browsing 4chan. Like was it such an impact on your life to browse a site because you're bored that you mark the year?
I remember because it was school study leave and instead of studying I spent all day downloading music off of /mu/ sharethreads
>>
>>337126150
Some games I get better, other games I get worse. I'm getting better at games that require tactical or strategical thinking and in fps games. I'm getting worse in platformer.
I recently player Ori and the blind Forest and I died ~100 times before I finished it 100%. I'm pretty sure the kid me would have done it without dying more than 10 times.

Why am I even answering when idiots will talk about the image and how old they are.
>>
>>337126150
'06fag here.
I've gotten a lot better at almost all genres I play, barring FPS shooters. I'm terrible at those now.
>>
>>337128451
No you don't. You just think you do
>>
>>337126150
Newfag 4 lyfe

I remember all that Chanology shit, but don't remember participating in any of it.
>>
>>337128875
I used to be awful at platformers, I had crash bandicoot 2 and I couldn't get based the second set of stages, mainly the water one.

Then I replayed it later and had no issue
>>
Jrpgs get significantly easier. As a kid I used to save every item for some mythical fight that never occurred.
>>
>mfw I've been lurking and posting in the three same places for 12 years.
>mfw I don't have a face

On point. I remember being god tier at Raptor call of shadows, and Glover 64. But I can't play them worth a shit now. But then again I stomp on games now that I didn't back then. It's goes both ways I guess
>>
I'm 27 and I can still play fighting games monster hunter dmc etc at a satisfactory level. I usually do decently at those reaction time things too.

Maybe it won't hit me until I'm in my 30s. I'm pretty sure I might just be immortal though. I haven't died yet so empirically I'm probably going to live forever.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Is there any definitive way to remember when I started lurking? I started posting in 2011 but I was lurking /b/ for some time before that. I can't remember how long though and would love to find out.

The CANDYASS and ROODYPOO filters were still on.

Rage comics were still unironically posted
>>
I was around when "the surgeon" spam was prevelent, way before capcha. Anybody know what year that was? I have no idea.
>>
>>337126150
newfag here
got much better at RTS and FPS games
got much worse at Ninja Gaiden/DMC and platforming games
>>
>>337127667
This. I can't really remember when, but some time in the winter. I found it from some people on a forum who started a thread about 4chins and how it was where memes where started, so I came for the memes and still have the same SD card put in every phone, so I have over 1,000 reaction pics in this phone.
>>
>>337128969
I still don't have problems with old platfomer, so maybe it's just that Ori on hard is harder than the old platformer.
The game is designed to be fast yet on hard mistakes are punished since enemies and terrain deal a shitload of damage.
But it's also designed in a way that death isn't a big deal like in Mario for example where game over meant starting from 1-1. Here you just start from the last place you saved and you can do it anywhere you want. No long animations or anything, just screen fading to black and back up playing.

So maybe I'm not really getting worse at them. I was also playing really recklessly. Tripple jump, (air)dashing and dashing from enemy or their bullet to the next one, so much mobility, I couldn't just play safe and not push the movement to the maximum.
>>
Damn, how many years has it been since we got captcha? Funposting was so much easier back then.
>>
What came first? Lolcats still being a thing on /b/ or the vuvuzela sound script running on /b/? I'm trying to pinpoint when I came here. Is there like a list of events?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.