[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start playing this piece of shit game while waiting for OW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: hearthstone1.jpg (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone1.jpg
394 KB, 1920x1080
>start playing this piece of shit game while waiting for OW
>constantly outmatched by faggots with OP as fuck cards that you can't get unless you spend €60 for packs
Fuck this trash game. At least make it B2P with pack drops.
>>
>>337109197
I don't like Blizzard games, but is this your first time playing a Jewish card game?

Most of them are like this, except for those yugioh simulators
>>
>>337109197
>Hearthstone
>It's pay 2 win game

Only for retards
Just make quests and spend gold
>>
>play ranked
>get matched with a druid
>keeps using inervate for mana crystals
>plays legendary cards
>i lose

This was at rank 23.
>>
You missed the window to get in and be able to play competitively without spending a dime, but yes, now it is absolutely mandatory to spend a minimum of $30 for blackrock if you want to stand a chance in ranked past rank 20.

Hell even past rank 23 it's mostly luck unless you're running whatever meme of the month miracle rogue or murloc pally or c'thun anything ever.

Tavern brawl and arena are pretty fun, but without the startup for arena, you'll probably never get to play, and even the best decks can get shit on by better ones because RNG and they never want you to ever be able to break even.
>>
>>337109197
>Be Me
>Spend 1000$ on b.net account around the explorers release
>get all adventures done as well juat about every standard card in the game excluding a few non meta cards that I de'd for more dust
>Spend 200$ when WOTOG comes out.
> now have literally every standard card in game as well as 22k dust from de'ing naxx cards as well as gnome cards that have been outdated.
>sitting at rank 2 since I've already been legend and I casually play for fun now.
> have all gold shaman rush deck as well as dragon priest deck.
> sitting at 16000 ig gold since I've never spent a piece of it.
> poorfags will never learn that card games aren't for them.
>>
>>337109736
Probably me.
>>
Am I the only one who can only get three wins in arena?
>>
>>337110523
The highest I've personally gotten is 9... Average is 3-5
>>
>>337110523
no it's deliberately designed to boot you out after that, that's because you get close to 150 gold's worth OF ITEMS (pack+50 gold, or dust equal to about a pack + pack or a combo of something ilke that). 7 wins and you get 150 gold though, and break even.

3 years i've been playing and since the game officially launched I haven't gotten anything above 5 wins. when it was still in beta though I would get 8s and 15s and 12s all the time.
>>
>>337110781
Cause it was in beta and shitlords who didn't know how to play arena or card value played. There is a program that will tell you what cards to pick based of synergy. Google it.
>>
>>337110997
I'm aware. But it's not a truly random matchmaking algorithm. It's probably legitimately random for the first 3 wins, but after that it deliberately pairs you against people that have a deck with similar or even better power than yours, straight up. Even the BEST players with literally perfect decks will still get dumped on before they can hit win 6 an enormously disproportionate amount of the time. It's disgusting really. Hearthstone has turned from a neat cardgame that could turn the tide of TCGs from "who can spend the most money to win" to literally the same as every other TCG but worse because it's even more fucking random and other people will always be a step ahead of you because it's not actually random.

if there's really 50 million people playing hearthstone, arena should be a fucking mess of retards who don't know leper gnome from c'thun. Instead everyone seems to build the absolute best decks. It's just not realistic to only get matched up against equally skilled players. Especially when their "skill matchmaking" is such garbage in every other mode where it's supposed to matter.
>>
>>337110781
>>337111257

Sounds like you draft shit decks. Arena meta is aggro heavy. All you need is good tempo gain spells and low mana drops that are worth something. Most arenas matches are decided by turn 5.

And yes, sometimes you won't get those good removal spells and value minions. Some matches are decided because you had shit hand at the beginning and didn't get those low mana drops. Shit happens.
But if you can't get above 5 wins, I doubt you have any clue what kind of decks you should be aiming for in arena. I bet you blindly follow those arena sites and go with card rankings.
>>
Hadn't played any HS in months when I did the pack-quests after the expansion launch, and constantly won with my F2P decks unchanged from around the launch period.

You can complain about a fuckton of things with regard to HS, but it's certainly not P2W.
>>
>>337111845
What? You can make many cases for HS as being totally playable even as completely F2P, but it's most certainly, 100%, P2W. Do you even know the definition of the word? Pay to get better cards, which are straight upgrades over the basic cards you first start out with.

P2W doesn't literally mean ''drop money into this game, and then you automatically win everything.''
>>
I was losing 6 times (sometimes in a row) just because got too big cards from the start or RNG shit on me.

Literally losing to fags playing standard free cards with my 6000 dust worth deck because system was like FUCK YOU all the time.

My blood boiled and I just deleted that piece of shit forever.
>>
>>337109197
>play HS only casually and have never spent any money on it
>still have all the cards I need to play good decks and win the majority of my games
Don't know why people complain about the game, it's fun even if you don't have cards, and it doesn't take long to get what you want. My guess is that people are crafting shit cards or overspending on pointless wings of adventures.
>>
>>337112420
Which "straight upgrades"? Super expensive powercreeping common Ice Rager? Or common Evil Heckler?
>>
File: 1452264151340.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452264151340.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>337109197

>Scrub is telling me the game is p2w
>>
>>337114225
That's the secret to success in this game. You just have to endure bad luck.

Or don't be a fucking tryhard and play casually.
>>
>>337110523
>buy into arena
>I'll do good this time
>out of 90 cards, I don't get offered a single direct damage spell (as a fucking mage)
>keep getting forced to draft shitty 3 drop minions
>go 2-3
>>
File: 1452364828148.jpg (87 KB, 534x622) Image search: [Google]
1452364828148.jpg
87 KB, 534x622
>All these pathetic shitters in this thread

No wonder you hate hearthstone anons, you're shit at video games.

inb4 >rng
>>
>>337109197
>made a new blizzard account for reasons
>play some hearthstone again, fresh, coming from an account i spent maybe 50 bucks on before, whatever
>only have basic/starter cards, only face other bad players with basic/starter cards almost exclusively
>game is actually fucking enjoyable again
>>
>>337115165
2's are out, taunt and late game is in

unless you are sure you can rush, hard
>>
>>337117398
>2's are out, taunt and late game is in
I wasn't trying to draft 3 drops, I just kept getting draft options that were shit like Stoneskin Gargoyle/Silverback Patriarch/Emperor Cobra. I couldn't have picked something good no matter what the meta is
>>
>>337115568
this is bullshit

the first three games you play will be against actual beginners

but after that third game they throw you in with "equal skill"

its not free to play, its free to lose.
>>
>>337110523
My stat tracker says I average 4.77 wins.

Still more profitable then buying packs though.
>>
File: 1457093022966.jpg (125 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1457093022966.jpg
125 KB, 766x960
>>337115568

>Return to HS after about a year of not playing since the new set looked interesting
>All my old cards are gone due to the rotation
>Get two packs of the new set, pull nothing but garbage
>Cobble together a deck full of basic and uncommons into a reasonable mana curve and head online
>Opponent is running a tuned C'thun deck
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.