[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth playing? I need something to wash out the bad taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ghostbusters.jpg (2 MB, 1534x2137) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters.jpg
2 MB, 1534x2137
Is this worth playing? I need something to wash out the bad taste the reboot will give me.
>>
Since it's literally Ghostbusters 3, and even Dan Aykroyd considers it to be 3 .. yes.

It's great.
>>
>>337103367
>Dan Aykroyd considers it to be 3
Really? Does it follow the plot the third movie would have taken?
>>
>>337103475
Sorta. It just actually feel like an adventure they would go on and all the collectibles are great. Attention to detail was great too and it was funny. One of the best movie video games.
>>
>>337103475
Actually in a way, yes. Originally the script for GB3 was "The Ghostbusters Go to Hell" and theres a lot of sections where you basically go to hell and fight demons, so in a way he reused an old script for certain parts of the game.

It has the entire cast, including Walter "No Dick" Peck. Well, it doesn't have Sigourney (but she later regretted this) or Rick Moranis (he quit acting awhile ago).

Seriously man, it's one of the best movie-based video games ever made. It's not flawless, but it's what you'd want from a GB game.
>>
File: bustin makes me feel good.gif (2 MB, 355x266) Image search: [Google]
bustin makes me feel good.gif
2 MB, 355x266
>>337103309
>Story that continues the Ghostbusters story and does something different
>Gets the "remember Slimer/Stay Puft?" stuff out of the way in the first two levels
>All that lore in Tobin's Spirit Guide
>All those collectibles that show up in the firehouse later
>Talking to Vigo
>Sliding down the pole
>Dancing toaster
>Hidden achievements for doing stuff like blowing up the ham at the Bar Mitzvah and cleaning the slime off the coat room
>Awesome boss battles
>NES "Conglaturation" screen hidden on a computer monitor
>That authentic as fuck soundtrack
>Those sound effects/UI/general gamefeel
>Blowing shit up with the proton packs
>tfw you successfully trap a ghost

It's a better sequel than Ghostbusters 2 and a better revival of the franchise than the reboot could ever hope to be.
The fact that it was actually funny/scary at times was just the icing on the cake.
>that level with all the black slime where you get separated and locked in the room with a Black Slime Golem
>>
>tfw I bought both versions of the game
>PS3 for graphics/story
>Wii for gameplay
Both are fun.
PS3 is superior, but they're both fun.
>>
This is the only game that got me and my brother to bond. Weven always keep our distance but we was raised on ghost busters so we both got a copy and played together in the living room. Good memories.
>>
Yes, it's worth playing in EVERY WAY.
>>
>>337105435
The Wii version's waggling was great, ghost slamming was especially more fun than it is on the other platforms. Still not having the graphics of the other versions really hurt it because part of the charm was actually feeling like you're in Ghostbusters 3 along with the cast. Still I guess that's what I have the PC version for. Gonna reinstall it now.
>>
>>337103309
I wanted to play it, but for some reason the performance on pc is utter shit. I tried to change settings for a while but could never get it to run at a stable 60fps so I stopped bothering.
The parts I played were ok though
>>
>>337104435
>Tfw you want a new Real Ghostbusters game, but it wouldn't be right without Lorenzo Music
Dave Coulier a shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.