[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the best version of FFVI to play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Conflicted - Yukino.jpg (39 KB, 599x626) Image search: [Google]
Conflicted - Yukino.jpg
39 KB, 599x626
what is the best version of FFVI to play?
>>
SNES if you got it. Otherwise, I'd say the Chronicles version for PS1.
>>
If you can read Japanese: SFC
If you can't, and you want the best looking and sounding version (the patch people talk about for the GBA version doesn't really do the trick): SNES
If you highly value translation accuracy/being closer to the original: GBA
>>
Just emulate the SNES version.
>>
SNES has no loading times, a few gamebreaking bugs, and a lol but in retrospect decent translation (compared FFIII to say, Fe:Fates)

PS1 has a more accurate translation, but comes with Loading times and fancy flourishes every time you get into battle.
>>
>>337100274
Nice taste
>>
The version where you play FFV instead it's a way better game.
>>
>>337100864

So what FF will /v/ constantly claim is the best once it decides FF V is too popular?
>>
>>337100982
I dunno if you're accusing me of being some sort of hipster or whatever but I loved FFV before I ever posted on /v/. The job system is the fucking tits and the game never takes itself too seriously plot-wise. Also Exdeath having control over THE VOID is likely going to curbstomp anything in this series except perhaps Ultamecia's time compression bullshit.
>>
>>337101246

FF V is great indeed. It's just that I've seen an increase in people claiming that it's the best FF. /v/ does that now and then, picks the underdog in a series and suddenly starts claiming it's the greatest, it happened with Zelda II like 5 or so years ago.
>>
>>337100485
Is the GBA translation accurate? I've only played the PS1 version and I don't remember why exactly but the translation made it hard to play.
>>
>>337100274
Brave New World.
>>
>>337101416

It's been years since I've played the GBA version, and I only played the Japanese version a couple years ago, but from what I remember and saw when I looked up the script of both localizations, the GBA version's is much closer to the original text in general. There are still some differences, but it's the closest you're going to get.
>>
>>337101395
>Zelda II best Zelda

/v/ are fucking morons if they legit held this opinion. That game, while having some interesting mechanics and ideas, is DEEPLY flawed.
>>
>>337101447

This. If you've already finished the game once and want to replay, the BNW romhack is the way to go. It actually makes battles fun so the WOR doesn't feel like a slog.
>>
File: despair but also an erection.png (34 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
despair but also an erection.png
34 KB, 201x160
>>337103986
>mfw my first time fighting Atma Weapon and Kefka
>>
>>337101395
>It's just that I've seen an increase in people claiming that it's the best FF
Liking 5 is far from some fad. I've been seeing and saying it's the best for as long as I've been on /v/.
>>
>>337100421
>Chronicles version for PS1.
>ever recommended

enjoy load times between battles for an SNES RPG which had 0 load times.

You could also play the GBA version patched with SNES music and sfx.
>>
SNES with this http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.