[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Lavos intelligent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 16
File: Lavos.png (205 KB, 600x245) Image search: [Google]
Lavos.png
205 KB, 600x245
Was Lavos intelligent?
>>
I think he became intelligent after a certain point in his growth
>>
>has two testicles which act as his wingmen
>hides the very essence of his being inside one testicle, then makes the guy in the middle insanely weak, as if to tell the player "I'm not the target, numbnuts"

Nah. He ain't smart.
>>
>>337091235
Good question op.

I think he is, every creature even with the simplest of existenances has intelligence.

I can't recall if they explicitly state it in game.
>>
>>337091235

As intelligent as any parasite. Lavos wasn't really "evil", he was just an animal feeding and reproducing. He was only evil in as much as this got in the way of the humans' desires and arguably the humans who sought to use him as a source of power were more evil than he himself was.
>>
Lavos is intelligent to the point where it can purposefully "farm" it's food, ie humans. Lavos cultivated humanity to devour them.

Interestingly, Chrono Cross has Lavos throw a total shit fit (through the Dragon God) that humanity would dare attempt to kill him. It would be like a pig slaughtering the farmer.

As far as Chrono Trigger goes, Lavos is an alien creature with alien forms of logic. Chrono Cross has it speak a little, but indirectly.
>>
>>337091880

>LAVOS WAS A GOOD BOI, HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>337091235
>Ended this battle with no potions left
>>
File: Chrono_Trigger_Lavos_inner.png (9 KB, 512x280) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Lavos_inner.png
9 KB, 512x280
He was intelligent to a point, but he wasn't perfect
>>
>>337091235
He was intelligent enough to manipulate an entire civilization. What, you think Queen Zeal just woke up one day and decided to dig deep into the ocean on a whim? The motherfucker eats TIME. That's some Lovecraftian shit right there. How many Old Gods do you reckon are too stupid to realize what they're doing?
>>
>>337092532
>Implying Chrono Cross is canon
And it was only able to eat time after absorbing Schala
>>
>>337092607
Which makes NO fucking sense what so ever.
>>
>>337092607

Again, Schala being absorbed by Lavos was the result of humans meddling with him for their greedy purposes. Queen Zeal was trying to use Lavos as a weapon.
>>
Didn't they say something about how Lavos manipulates the hearts of men or some shit? God I need to replay this game, it's been like 5 years.
>>
File: TimeDevourer[1].jpg (132 KB, 394x283) Image search: [Google]
TimeDevourer[1].jpg
132 KB, 394x283
Was Time Devourer intelligent?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74 KB, 1920x1080
>>337092532
Parasites are capable of manipulating their hosts
Did you even play MGSV?
>>
>>337092607
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the royal pendants made from the red stones which came from lavos? Even if Chrono Cross isn't canon that still implies that lavos lured the kingdom of zeal to him.
>>
>>337092761
Which is still fucking retarded and makes no sense what so fucking ever.

Schala herself had NO special powers that it did not give her and Lavos EATS WORLDS.
Why in the shit would it merge with Schala? What fucking sense does that make?
>>
>>337091880

Wasn't the dragon god just the manifestation of the doomed reptite timeline?
>>
>>337093101
pendants were dreamstone which was around before lavos came to earth
>>
>>337093101

No, that's dream stone, which was around pre-Lavos. Kino and Ayla talk about it. It's never really explained what exactly it does, aside from being a key in making time travel work.
>>
>>337091880
>Chrono Cross
we don't speak of shit games.
>>
>>337093346

Speak for your own shit taste, faggot.
>>
>>337092607
thank god you arent one of those faggots that think chrono cross is canon. There are people who think the chrono cross/DS CT remake retcon are good.
>>
>>337093454

What was retconned?

I don't recall Schala's fate ever being explicitly mentioned prior to Cross.
>>
>>337093454

The true canon is Chrono Trigger DS followed by Radical Dreamers
>>
>>337093346

Triggered?
>>
>>337093101
The red stone was a 'magic rock" and symbol of royalt that existed when lavos was still making its way towards the earth.

It became the dream stone after being sat in the sun for long ass centuries.

It's also used to create the ultimate sword, and is the only thing able to take on lavos.
>>
>>337093573
No one believes that save for SE shills bruh. Sorry.
>>
>>337093553
CT port DS has a new end game boss where lavos turns into time devourer and schala flat out tells you that chrono cross is CTs sequel. Then magus loses his memory and becomes guile. its fucking stupid. because that means chrono and marle die like 2 years after the end of CT and Lucca dies. The story gets so fucking retarded if cross is canon. You can probably find all of this better explained on chrono compendium or whatever. basically every one who worked on CT filtered out Masato Kato shitty writing. So when they all left he took it upon himself to shit it up once and for all.
>>
>>337093915

I'm aware about the Dream Devourer boss, yeah.

I'm just saying I don't understand why Cross isn't canon compared to vanilla Trigger, it doesn't seem to contradict that much.
>>
>>337093767

wouldn't SE shills be insisting that Cross is canon and not Radical Dreamers?

>>337093915
>CT port DS has a new end game boss where lavos turns into time devourer

The Dream Devourer is a different thing from the Time Devourer. They changed the name for a reason.

>Then magus loses his memory and becomes guile.

Nowhere is this stated. Magus loses his memory, but this could easily tie into Radical Dreamers. The plot with Guile being Magus was totally scrapped in Cross anyway.
>>
>>337094173
Because delusional faggots can't accept that Chrono Marle and Lucca are all dead in CC and so they banish it from their lives.
>>
>>337094250

I thought Dream Devourer was just a larval Time Devourer.
>>
>>337092531
As a kid I always thought this was some huge Cyclopean tower.
Then I realized that below the big "eye" on the top is its actual face. Looks pretty much like Cell.

Disappointing to be h.
>>
>>337093150
Both Schala and Lavos got sent to the "Dead Sea" dimension where reality collapses into itself and all things merged into one and cease to exist. But since they got there ahead of everything else cause time portal they were the only two things there and merged together.

Lavos was just a cosmic virus. It only gained sentience when it merged with Schala.
>>
>>337094365
There's 3 eyes though...
>>
>>337094250
im pretty sure it was scrapped but then they back pedaled. Im pretty sure if you dig around Maskato flat out says that guile and magus are the same person.

>>337094295
what's wrong with that. You dont think its bad writing when some hack just goes "you know those heroes you loved that saved fucking time? Yea they all died for really dumb reasons. PS we killed robo to cause fuck you"
>>
Lavos is essentially the most advanced lifeform on the planet and it uses other lifeforms as part of itself
Its probably intelligent
Also it talks a little in cross
It just doesnt give a fuck about some pissant humans
>>
>>337093915
>WAAAAAAH MY CHARACTERS DIED MOMMMMMYYYYYY
>>
>>337094467
I guess.

Still takes away from my cool image of it as some one-eyed monstrosity.

The real disappointment is that just when I thought there'd be a cool design Toriyama cockslaps me.
>>
>>337094495
>You dont think its bad writing when some hack just goes "you know those heroes you loved that saved fucking time? Yea they all died for really dumb reasons. PS we killed robo to cause fuck you"

Not necessarily saying it isn't bad writting, but whether you like that particular plot element or not has no bearing on CC being the canon sequel. Also, not all stories turn out butterflies and rainbows. More realistic stories tend to end in death, especially sudden death.
>>
>>337094692
>MOM SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME ON THE INTERNET
why should I accept cross as cannon when it only has 1 of the original writers from CT out of 4? If you really like the shitty canon cross brings to the table good for you. I think its pretty fucking gay though
>>
>>337094342

It could be read that way, but there's nothing in the CT DS secret ending to say that Dream Devourer necessarily becomes the Time Devourer, the Dream Devourer's function is completely different from the Time Devourer. If anything the Dream Devourer seems to be more powerful than the Time Devourer because it doesn't just eat time.

>>337094495

There's nothing in Cross that's left of the original idea of Guile being Magus and even the ending to the Dream Devourer episode leaves the whole thing ambiguous. Really, because Radical Dreamers is the only game that says that the character of "Gil" is indeed Magus and because the "Dream Devourer" seems different from the Time Devourer, one could argue well enough that Dream Devourer actually erases Cross and confirms Radical Dreamers more. Even the discovery of Kid at the end of of the game also ties both into Cross and Dreamers, since they both have the plot of Lucca finding Kid.
>>
>>337094859
You accepting it doesn't mean shit you mongoloid. It's the official sequel, and therefor canon. Your pussy feelings don't matter.
>>
>>337093915

Who would have thought butterfly effect could have negative shit happen as well as positive!

I think a bad end for an ending is just as satisfying as a happy bunnies and rainbows one, if not more.

Anyway magus is never located, unless you count radical dreamer's story as canon, which someone out there clearly does. CC is more like its own thing which sort of ties in thematically.
>>
>>337094450
That is the dumbest shit.
Why did the devourer of all things not simply EAT HER. What in the absolute fuck would Lavos get from merging with Schala?

You haven't actually explained that.

>>337094692
Wah my shitty game would have been canceled without those characters!
WAHH IM GOING TO SHIT ALL OVER THEM WITH A STUPID PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL CLUSTERFUCK OF A STORY THAT WOULD GET LAUGHED OUT OF A HIGHSCHOOL CREATIVE WRITING CLASS BECAUSE MY STORY AME THE GREETEST!!
>>
>>337094949
Nah its not. I'm sorry you can't get the taste of Masato Kato salty cock out of your mouth dude.
>>
>>337094750
Rampant cynicism and dark endings =/= realistic. Especially if those dark endings and dark story make no fucking sense.
It's just some pessimistic pseudointellectual fucking losers jacking off on the page.
>>
>Barely any techs
>Tons of party members, most of them useless
>Non useless are so good they're damn near broken
>Cast is forgettable
>Enormous chunk of the story is told to you in a giant exposition dump just before the time devourer
>Barely any dungeons, what is there is incredibly simplistic or to short
>Only good thing is music and some set pieces

Why do people like CC again?

I mean even ignoring the CT connection its a pretty mediocre RPG.
>>
File: benefit of the doubt.jpg (49 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
benefit of the doubt.jpg
49 KB, 300x392
>>337095149
>this far into the denial stage
>>
Is Magus actually good in CT? I don't think I've ever given him an honest shot.
>>
>>337095217
how am I denial when you are the one who cant accept it shouldnt be canon because its missing 3 writers?
>>
>>337095224
He's decent I use him a lot in my playthoughs.
>>
>>337095224

No. Dual techs are the bread and butter of the game, and he gets Jack. Unless you want to spam dark matter and feed him ethers, just avoid him.
>>
>>337094295
Which is why everyone wanted Chrono Break, and had hoped (before the DS CT) what happened to Schala "in the mean time" and how she became an ancestor to Marle (pendant/Astral Amulet, recall), ultimate fate of the Masamune/Mastermune, if Crono & crew were gonna remain dead (if the game dealt with broken time as the title that was, for a "time", patent registered, then all options were on the table - even using the clones in the Black Omen), how much Radical Dreamer would interact beyond being an Alternate Another World as depicted in CC, etc.
>>
>>337094980
Yeah, but this isn't a butterfly effect. This is just all bad endings happening to the original crew for no actual real reason other then the writer being a pissy bitch.
The whole butterfly effect thing?
That was better expanded upon in chrono trigger. It was even better thought out if.
Look at the multiple endings you retard.
Most of them were good and many were bad.
>>
>>337094980

Chrono Cross was actually an attempt to remake Radical Dreamers but some might argue that Radical Dreamers has the better story.

The thing is most people here in the West who played CT and CC haven't played RD, so it's often not considered as "canon". But for those who dislike Cross, there's no real reason to reject Chrono Trigger DS on the basis of the added FMV of Lucca & Kid or the Dream Devourer, because there are technically two sequels to Chrono Trigger, both of which follow the tale of Kid, the orphan raised by Lucca.
>>
>>337094342
Not the same Lavos Spawn. Multiple timelines, multiple realities.
>>
>>337095405
Schala isn't an ancestor to Marle.
She dissapears and Magus goes after her in a clear sequel hook.
>>
>>337093037
MGSV was a complete rip off the zombie ant fungus.
>>
>>337095062
Oh GOD...don't remind me of that Great Wall of Text that was the final few hours of Chrono Cross...

Literally worse than Episodes 25 & 26 of Evangelion.
>>
>>337095334
You probably think that the prequel trilogy isn't SW canon too, don't you.
>>
>>337092532
Many parasites have the ability to influence behavior. Rabies causes those inflicted to feel a sense of terror any time they are near or attempt to drink water, specifically because it would weaken its presence in the host. Similarly, it instills irrational fear and a tendency to bite, leading to a more probable transmittance of the disease.

Nature is fucking crazy man. No reason alien nature is any different.
>>
>>337095405
I've wanted CB for so long, and got so hyped last year when Frog's theme was used for the SE pre-e3 video.
>>
>>337095178
Fun battle system, decent graphics, That Opening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XurBf0sSeck
>>
>>337093290
Ultimania said that dreamstone and frozen flame are the same material.
>>
>>337095795

That's complete bullshit, because Dreamstone is present in Prehistory before Lavos impacts.
>>
>>337091235
>In Chrono Trigger
No
>In Chrono Cross
Yes
>>
>>337095719
SE polish and marketing.
The game is trash outside of that.

>>337095795
SE wants to shill CC as a sequel to CT so they'll make stupid fucking connections everywhere.
Tadaa.
>>
>>337095795
I thought the frozen flame was a part of lavos? man this story is fucking stupid. Chrono Cross is shit.
>>
>>337095908
>No such thing as Time Paradox
>>
>>337095908
>One interesting possibility that would bring both Ultimania and the game's canon into union is that perhaps Lavos's shell, was constructed partly of Dreamstone, of which Frozen Flame is simply a very special mutation (an intelligence, vital-functioning organism) that crystallized upon impact with Tyranno Lair and the surrounding crater of magma. This is unable to be confirmed, however.

A wall engraving in Fort Dragonia depicts Dreamstone, with a human kneeling at it. However, considering that in the same scenes a.) Lavos is modeled to be a giant, falling sun, b.) the Dragonians include the two moons in the history, though it did not exist until Dinopolis came around with Chronopolis, the Dragonians apparently had no idea what the Frozen Flame, Lavos, or other artifacts of the human world looked like. The apparent Dreamstone is thus probably a stylized rendition of the Frozen Flame, since the mural allegedly depicts the event of human modification in 3000000 B.C. through the Frozen Flame.

Makes sense
>>
>>337093574
Kek
>>
File: chrono cross boat.jpg (1001 KB, 1154x886) Image search: [Google]
chrono cross boat.jpg
1001 KB, 1154x886
>>337095719
I haven't even thought about Chrono Cross since probably the turn of the decade really, but the opening still gives me chills.

It was a big part of my adolescence.

And why the fuck are you guys bickering back and forth over whether or not it's canon? How does it affect your enjoyment or experience IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER if someone disagrees with you about the story of a single-player RPG
that's almost 20 years old?
>>
>>337095178
>Why do people like CC again?

They don't. The opening theme is the only salvegable piece.
>>
>>337095547
Yes, and you missed that the Pendant was an Ancient Family Heirloom initially belonging to Schala, and all the various innuendo in the first game (such as Ayla being Marle's ancestor, Queen Leene obviously, Doan of Arris Dome in 2300 being her descendant...effectively the leader of each time being related to HER).

And you missed how in Chrono Cross much of that was pushed off to Kid, who took up Schala's name at the end of the game, how Kid was trapped in 1999 (even though the Time Project in 2400 AD that resulted in CC was named after her for unknown reasons), how SHE had the Astral Amulet, and how the original Schala was released from Time Devourer at the end of the game to end-up who knew where/when.

Yeah, you missed a lot if you didn't realize that Marle was directly related in some way to Schala & Magus and/or Kid (which then includes those two anyways). Did you even catch that all of the 12,000 BC royals are natural blondes but dyed their hair blue as explained in director interviews in supplemental materials? Which is why Kid was a blonde, and why Schala was a blonde at the end of CC?
>>
>>337096529
Beat's me. It's pretty obvious the game is canon. Always was.
>>
>>337096579
>Did you even catch that all of the 12,000 BC royals are natural blondes but dyed their hair blue as explained in director interviews in supplemental materials? Which is why Kid was a blonde, and why Schala was a blonde at the end of CC?

Retcon to try and shoehorn CC further as not being a clusterfuck of bad ideas.
>>
>>337096783
Doesn't matter given everything else anyways.
>>
>>337096579
>THEY JUST DYED THEIR HAIR GUYS. IT WASNT TOTALLY A RETARDED AFTER THOUGHT OR ANYTHING LOL
>>
>>337095580
Those are the best episodes of Evangelion, pleb

But CC still sucks.
>>
File: 1462654769496.jpg (563 KB, 2047x1364) Image search: [Google]
1462654769496.jpg
563 KB, 2047x1364
>>337096547
CC is one of my favorite games. I like everything about it aside from the battle system. Characters, plot, music, atmosphere, geography, etc.

They're different games, but I think both CT and CC are equally great.
>>
File: 1460432218029.jpg (18 KB, 282x415) Image search: [Google]
1460432218029.jpg
18 KB, 282x415
>>337096579
>>337096953

>Magus just dyes his hair
>>
Is Cross even worth playing? I played it a bit but stopped playing after Kid gets poisoned or whatever and was giving the choice to either find a way to save her or let her die and continue the main quest.
>>
>>337096783
>>337096953
>>337097057
I hate to be the one to tell you guys this, but that interview? It was after Chrono Trigger and BEFORE Chrono Cross.

Them being Blonde's but dyeing their hair to illustrate that they were both royalty or magically gifted or something was meant to be in CT but, like a LOT of ideas, was cut due to time/expense at that point.
>>
>>337097108
I would say yes, if only because you shouldn't miss out on Chronopolis and the rest of the Dead Sea. You have to see it, man.
>>
>>337097034
>Those are the best episodes of Evangelion, pleb

agreed. Cross is more like End of Evangelion: visually stunning competently directed, but ultimately lacking real substance and makes it own narrative more complicated than it needs to be.
>>
>>337096579
The family heirloom you mention first belonged to ayla. The red rock and it was passed along through the generation.

Secondly, at no fucking point is it made clear that Magus EVER finds schala and there is a good chance that Magus himself continues the royal line.

Chrono Cross is a cluterfuck of stupid shit and all of that shit you just posted is just awful.
Fucking kid is supposed to be schalas clone for some unfathomably retarded reason yet she doesn't have purple hair.
They all had purple hair from directly absorbing energy from lavos.

All of this shit never stops being fucking retarded.
>>
>>337097167

I could believe they were originally blonde, but exposure to magic dyed their hair
>>
>>337097167
Source or you're a lying faggot.
>>
>>337097316
They were born with purple hair.
They got it from the queen.
>>
>>337097507
nah dude. They totally dyed their hair. Kinda like how frog is only just cosplaying as a frog.
>>
>>337097249
>Fucking kid is supposed to be schalas clone for some unfathomably retarded reason yet she doesn't have purple hair.

In Radical Dreamers she's just Schala reincarnated or something like that
>>
>>337094750
>More realistic stories tend to end in death, especially sudden death.

I think realism went out the window once time travel and floating magical kingdoms are introduced.

I like Cross and all, but I still find it hard to imagine that they all just fucked off and died given all the bullshit they already managed.
>>
>>337098003
>kill space traveling world ending cthulu
>characters get killed from shitty war and a furfag
>NO YOU ARE THE GAY FAGGOT FOR NOT LIKING THE STORY
>>
>>337091235
Why was the small one Lavos? The fact that it's one of to identical minions just makes me think the game was dicking with you.
>>
>>337097108
Yes. Its still a great game with an amazing OST.
>>
Jenova > Lavos
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>337097590
>Kinda like how frog is only just cosplaying as a frog.
dasf
>>
>>337097807
IN radical dreamers she's not related to fucking schala in any way. Nor is the radical dreamers story related to CT in any real way either.

All affiliations with it are late additions by the author to make it more popular.
>>
>>337098401

Faggot
>>
File: perfectlavos.png (50 KB, 512x280) Image search: [Google]
perfectlavos.png
50 KB, 512x280
>>337092531
>>
>>337099737
Where's Super Perfect Lavos?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpaJulksCik

I came to this thread just for that and I didn't find it. You dissapoint me guys...
>>
>>337093574
Chrono Triggered
>>
>>337095585
Anyone with a brain thinks that about the shit prequels. You were just 12 when they came out and didn't realize.
>>
>>337093915
>basically every one who worked on CT filtered out Masato Kato shitty writing. So when they all left he took it upon himself to shit it up once and for all.

Kato is responsible for pretty much everything involving Zeal, which some would consider the real meat of the game. The thing about Trigger is that it was always intended to be a mixture of light-heartedness and darkness and it had the right directors and supervision for this.

I think Cross is actually a good game, but it pales in comparison to its predecessor and connects itself to Trigger in a very haphazard sort of way. Other than that, it's an okay sequel and it's writing is pretty good.
>>
Good things about Cross:

1. The issue of Crono and friends' monkeying around with the timeline was a factor in the conflict adds a new dimension to what you are doing in Chrono Trigger and expands on something it only occasionally brought up.
2. The battle system itself was very good
3. visually, it was very pretty for its time
4. the music

Bad things:
1. Feels the need to shit over everything you did in Trigger. It's one thing to explore how Crono and his friends' actions had negative consequences, it's another to murder them all. This made it seem like Kato was killing off characters he himself didn't design..
2. There were too many characters. Trigger was good because it focused on a very small group of characters, while Cross focuses way too much attention on characters with no importance and if you aren't careful you may miss characters who actually contribute something to the game's story. The game should have just stuck with seven to ten characters max
3. Despite the game being a sequel to a beloved story about time travel, the game actually has very little to do with time travel at all. This may be due to the fact that Masato Kato initially disliked the whole plot of time travel in Chrono Trigger and thought not to focus on it too much in Cross where he was no longer forced to work with a plot outline drafted by Yuji Hori
5. The game does not possess a good sense of balance or pacing like CT does and takes way too long to tell the story it wants to tell just to deliver the exposition in an unsatisfying way.

Most of the problems of Cross are related to the story direction.
>>
>>337094692
>let's kill off all the original beloved characters
>that won't make anyone mad
>>
>>337098134
Don't forget that Crono already died and came back once.
>>
>>337096529
Because Chrono Cross goes out of it's way to ruin what people liked about Chrono Trigger?

Whether you like it is irrelevant. It tries really hard to change the entire story of CT. Right down to the Masamune being a corrupt and evil sword.
>>
>>337103601

>It tries really hard to change the entire story of CT.

It's very obvious, even by the contradicting statements of the game's producers, that they were never sure how much of a sequel to Chrono Trigger they wanted to make. Bear in mind that the entire story takes place in what was apparently an entirely isolated portion of the Chrono Trigger world that was never seen or mentioned at all, but yet is somehow the most plot relevant area.
>>
I never played Chrono Cross but I loved CT. What did CC do that made original fans upset?
>>
>>337103853
I don't really care for the reasons that are claimed. If they didn't want to make it a sequel, why have the plot be "EVERYTHING YOU DID IN CT FAILED AND YOU DESTROYED EVERYTHING". Why did they kill off Marle and Crono in the OPENING CUTSCENE? Why did Lucca fucking BURN TO DEATH?

Not even mentioning Frog, or the aforementioned twisting of the Masamune into an evil sword that inspires bloodlust.
>>
>>337104014

Again, one reason I think is that the game's development team was never sure how much of a sequel they wanted to make, this resulted in a game superficially tied to Chrono Trigger, but may as well be in a completely different universe and finds some bullshit excuses why the main characters of the previous game aren't the central characters even though it's their actions that have apparently had the greatest impact on the game's plot
>>
>>337093012
it a blonde. so no :^)
>>
>>337102541
>Despite the game being a sequel to a beloved story about time travel, the game actually has very little to do with time travel at all.

Yeah? Chrono Trigger's thing was time travel. Cross's thing was parallel worlds.
>>
File: Mario Sleeping.jpg (11 KB, 192x146) Image search: [Google]
Mario Sleeping.jpg
11 KB, 192x146
>Never played CT, but I've watched other people (brother, friend, streamers) play it a few times
>Always enjoyed the unique story, the bold things the game pulled off, and the very clever things they did with time travel*
*That one item in a chest that needs to charge for hundreds of years is one that comes to mind, that and the 14 different endings depending on when you kill Lavos
>Was never big on RPG games; I drop the majority of RPGs I play pretty early on
>Always felt like I missed out on CT
>Feel like there's not a lot of point to playing it now because I've seen it played enough to essentially ruin a blind playthrough completely; there's no sense of replaying the game or nostalgia, but I know the whole story already
It's a strange kind of feel. I enjoy the game for what it is, but I just feel like there's no point to actually play it at this point besides just experiencing it.
>>
>>337091517
He was that testicle the whole time.
>>
BWREEEYEEYEEEYEEEBRGHL

[ muffled trance arpeggios start playing in the distance ]
>>
File: smug oreimo.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
smug oreimo.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Masato Kato likes to eat scato
>>
>>337104917
>Yeah? Chrono Trigger's thing was time travel. Cross's thing was parallel worlds.

Where is the thematic connection between the two then?
>>
>>337091571
>every creature even with the simplest of existenances has intelligence.
I don't think so, I mean jellyfish for example don't even have brains. They are just these tentacled monstrosities floating through the ocean that are able to move and hunt and eat but have no consciousness or thoughts. Kind of horrifying, actually.
>>
>>337105392
Consequence, if I had to guess.
>>
>>337104984
There are a couple of classic games I feel this way about too, like Half-Life, Secret of Mana, the 2D Final Fantasys, Terranigma, and a few others.

It's not just you, anon.
>>
>>337103297
Yeah, honestly I never saw their deaths as a big deal because they had to have created so many alternate timelines and realities by fucking with the space-time continuum that this is just one possible universe, perhaps one where they didn't become hardass adventurers.
>>
>>337109551
It was pretty clear to me from the time out of time bullshit that Chrono Trigger operated on Back To The Future rules.
>>
So I forget, why the fuck was a joke character in CT turned into a successful major villain in CC with some kingdom that we never saw existing that the CT heroes for some reason couldn't handle, despite having access to a time machine and killing a world-destroying giant monster with raw, brute force?
>>
>>337100853
>I didnt like it, therefore it never happened!
>>
File: 1462412201586.jpg (5 KB, 210x266) Image search: [Google]
1462412201586.jpg
5 KB, 210x266
Okay for anyone interested, this CC's plot explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbs9OVW2s0k

Was Masato Kato stoned out of his gourd when he wrote this? I'm still a bit lost. I remember the story being complicated but not this complicated. Guess I need to get to replaying it.
>>
>>337111296
>why the fuck was a joke character in CT turned into a successful major villain in CC
Remind me who you're talking about?
>>
>>337111296
>Joke Character

Ozzie killed the Crono Crew?

Yeah I know you mean Dalton. Fucking bullshit
>>
File: ctdalton.jpg (102 KB, 490x650) Image search: [Google]
ctdalton.jpg
102 KB, 490x650
>>337111691
This loser.
>>
yeshe consumed planets in a way that was sophisticated
>>
Sentient, not intelligent. Yes there is a difference. Yes you can comprehend existence without the ability to "think". I mean look at 4chan.

Laos was just doing what he needed to do. It was shitty for him, shitty for us, but it was nature taking its course. Humans would have lived anyway, I think it was worse to destroy lavos Tha. It would have been to just use the portals to transport materials to the future or warn past leaders of the threat. Let lavos do his own thing, the universe is at peace, and chrono cross never needs to happen. By his reformation occurring after his death they set a vicious cycle into motion rivaled only by sin in ffx. Crono should have just fucking stayed home. Trying to get that nerd girl puss fucking ruined the universe forever. Jackass.
>>
>>337111998
He consumed planets iin a sophisticated manner, that is by definition intelligent life. sentience has nothing to do with anything
>>
So did Lavos just randomly land on any planet? I just can't see him being stupid enough to land on a planet that could instantly overwhelm him and kill him right from the start.
>>
>>337112393
He was called to Earth by the reptiles.
>>
>>337112309
>sophisticated
Birds flight and fishes swim bladders are sophisticated but no one calls them intelligent. Sophistication is absolutely unrelated to intelligence.
>>
>>337112494
>I don't hear anyone but biologists calling animals intelligent life so therefore they're dumb fucks
>>
>>337112550
Literally no one calls birds and fish intelligent life.

Literally no one.
>>
So what was up the real, magical lavos secret boss?
>>
>>337112697
It stands to reason that Lavos consumed the planets energy and resources in a way that wasn't self destructive to him,, responded to commands, demonstrated independence and gave the entire plot substance.
>>
>>337100614
thinking it and it being it ain't the same.
we all hate the prequel, they're still canon though.
same with you and crono cross
>>
What if Lavos is a semi-sentient being that stole some advanced tech from some other civilzation that led it to become a consumer of worlds?

The inside of the main Lavos shell looks more like a control room or spaceship than a cocoon or such and the drones + main body looks like some retarded alien in a space suit.

Lavos spawns just becomes empty shells after you destroy the cores so they seem more like advanced biological weapons than actual offspring. Also the game (CT) never really explains why you are suddenly traveling through time while you fight the two cores and body. It just makes it seem like Lavos had the ability to not only mutate life on the planet but also affect time around him. The background scenery changes based on its actions, not Cronos and his crew just makes it more evident that Lavos is doing it.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.