[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Third Person Shooters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Resident Evil 4.jpg (66 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil 4.jpg
66 KB, 300x425
ITT: God-Tier Third-Person Shooters
>>
>>
RE4 and most of its emulators.
Alan Wake, Dead Space 1 and 2, Gears 1 and 2, RE5 and RE6 are great Co-Op games.

The only one that shit the bed in every aspect was the Alone in the Dark remake.
>>
I know PC friends will laugh at me, but I can't wait for the PS4 release of RE 5 and RE 4.
>>
>>337086021
>RE6
>great co-op
No.
>>
>>337086021

Oh and Vanquish

but not boring domain
>>
>>337086114
Jake and Leon's campaigns are some of the most fun and ridiculous co-op campaigns in video games.
They're far better than games built upon the concept, like Army of Two or Kane and Lynch. Play it with a friend or sibling not some random non-communicative online guy.
I played all four with my brother and we had a blast with everyone except Chris.
>>
>>337086294
The skills and pickups system is fucking retarded.
I actually assume the game is better online because of this garbage, but I considered the game complete trash when doing couch mode. I played through it twice with a sibling, and had to suppress my gag reflex just thinking about all the ways they cocked up the game's co-op.

Army of Two: Devil's Cartel is amazing co-op. I highly recommend it over the original. It's fucking fun as shit.
>>
>>337086294

I always wondered, why do people hate Resident Evil 6? Other than zombies with guns of course. Is there any other reason? I've never played it.

I've heard some people say they liked RE5, but hated RE6 and vice versa. Which is better?
>>
>>337086476
I played Devil's Cartel last year when it was free on 360 and it was even worse than Kane and Lynch 2.
The new duo were terrible, and Salem turning into edgyJoker revenge dude was retarded.
The only positive thing I can remember is the hot chick who dies in the final act anyway.

The whole trilogy just feels so cheap. Its like Modern COD being ran on a PS2
>>
>>337086021
I recently got RE6 again for PS4 because I'd never tried the multiplayer or most of the dlc maps.

As it turns out, pretty much everyone plays Mercs and Survivors - which is ruined by cheap quickshots, Piers' rifle, and nobody wanting to play a map other than High Seas Fortress.
>>
>>337086848
You fight a T-Rex, giant Fly, and Rhino in Leon's Campaign, Chris's campaign is awful, and it's just more actiony.

Which makes sense in every single regard. You can't have them doing RE1-CV things, they're not fresh cops or meagerly trained agents.

You can't go back to that subdued style after RE4 and RE5, and especially not after Degeneration and Damnation. They've acquired skills that allow for the action.
>>
>>337086848
6 is better. I still wish it let you wear costumes in the campaign, though.
>>
>>337086848
The game is a qte, cutscene-ridden shitfest that has decent gunplay that is constantly interrupted by all the worst bullshit in modern "cinematic" shooters.
>>
>>337087173
>impying 5 didn't have a lot of cutscenes and QTEs
>>
>>337086928
>playing a third person shooter with clearly no emphasis on the story
>complains about the story anyway
Yeah, you're silly. Go play a JRPG if you fucking want a story.
>>
>>337087273
>>337087273
So you didn't play a single game in the series, and can't refute a single point about the thing you claim it cares most about being absolute shit, hint, the gameplay.

40th day had a huge focus on story to the point where they gave player choices throughout and had multiple endings.

Jesus christ stop defending shit because you like it.
>>
>>337086848
It's literally packed with one-off setpieces and "focuses" entirely on co-op play.

Which is fine, but then they fucking punish you for playing co-op. So they didn't make up their mind and decided to just be retarded about the whole thing.

Imagine someone giving you a board game. Let's say Battleship. Clearly the objective of the game is to play against another person and win by sinking their ships. But then every time you land a hit on one of their ships? They stick a needle in your ear and steal half your pieces.

That's RE6.
>>
>>337087242
5 had it bad too, but nowhere near as bad. Every time you're starting to actually enjoy the combat the game will always go "well that's enough fun for now!" and then throw something awful at you like a fucking badly made driving sequence.
>>
>>337087173
>>337087242
You could disable QTEs in 6, but not 5, if I remember correctly.

Playing 5 online, on console at least, was a fucking trainwreck if there was a lapse in connectivity during dual QTEs
>>
>>337087528
If you disable qtes then there's even more moments where you might as well put the controller down, when there was already a ton of moments like that.
>>
File: operation_winback_ps2_0.jpg (1 MB, 2047x1364) Image search: [Google]
operation_winback_ps2_0.jpg
1 MB, 2047x1364
>>
File: 1462587510322.jpg (71 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
1462587510322.jpg
71 KB, 566x800
>>337087021
Yeah, Survivors is a real shitshow.
>>
>>337087431
I played Devil's Cartel with my sister. Ran through it twice. I loved how it handled the co-op, letting each player get their own loadouts, customizations, and even difficulty settings. And also how it forced you to aggro enemies at times to let your teammate advance, as well as giving higher rewards for strategic cooperative play. It was well-designed.

Especially considering I played RE6 just prior, and found it to be an AMAZING breath of fresh air compared to that garbage shitheap.

I briefly played the first Army of Two. I liked certain ideas better, but ultimately it just felt too dated. I put it down within an hour.
>>
>>337087431
>I make a post about Devil's Cartel
>talks about Devil's Cartel story
>"I was talking about 40th day all along, anon!"
So where are those goalposts now?
>>
>>337085445
man i wish this was remade 1st
>>
>>337087709
You can skip cutscenes. The only Resident Evil game that had a story worth paying attention to was RE2 and maybe the Matrix-laden fight between wesker and Chris in CV.

Even the actual name of the franchise is nonsensical past the first game, and the founding enemy concept.

Biological Organic Weapon is unnecessary redundancy.
Jill sandwich.
Master of Lock Picking.
You're small time.

You can't shit on RE6 for the story and tell me in sincerity the pre-RE4 games were better.
>>
File: SHOLD_Stand_PS3_FRONT[1].jpg (84 KB, 650x750) Image search: [Google]
SHOLD_Stand_PS3_FRONT[1].jpg
84 KB, 650x750
>>
>>337087859
>playing a third person shooter with clearly no emphasis on the story

You were obviously referring to the concept of the franchise, and even if you want to stick to DC, the fact that they had such a dramatic plot point relating the characters of the first two shows an emphasis on story.
You cannot hyperbole your way out of this.

You are wrong, the game is shit, the series is shit, they have given NOTHING unique in the genre that gears and RE4 hadn't done already.
Not a single thing.
>>
>>337088107
I literally just pointed out several things they did that Gears and RE didn't do.
And you think them saying "WE'RE IN A VIDEO GAME BRO, LOL" like three times during the tutorial means the game has a serious plot?

Now you're grasping, anon. Please stop before we have to put you down.
>>
File: gears-of-war-1024x768[1].jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gears-of-war-1024x768[1].jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
>>337088107

only the first one

also vanquish
>>
>>337088267
omg i don't care anymore, stop replying to me.
>>
>>337086023
Just get a toaster and play RE4 and RE5
>>
>>337085445
Vanquish
Max Payne 3
RE4
>>
SWBF2
>>
File: dedsp2.jpg (453 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dedsp2.jpg
453 KB, 1600x1200
the closest thing we got to RE4 last gen.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.