[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they hate the Gamecube so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: x play.jpg (7 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
x play.jpg
7 KB, 290x174
Why did they hate the Gamecube so much?
>>
Did they? I watched the show a lot when I was a kid. In my memory they seemed okay with it.

I mean for real though, the Gamecube didn't have that many good games...
>>
As I recall they didn't.

They were pretty impartial and called things like they were for most of the life of the show.
>>
>>337075027
>I mean for real though, the Gamecube didn't have that many good games...
Nigger, its like you want to die right now...
>>
>>337074374
They didn't.
/thread
>>
Just posting best intro

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Bt6esXaik
>>
>>337074374
Because it had no games
>>
I think because it was shit
>>
>>337074374
nogamescube.
>>
>>337075174
well it is the truth.

You have Metroid Prime (which the fanbase argues constantly about), Melee, Windwaker, and Lost Kingdoms as the go to answers. But like it had like no support and no online and so little excellence outside Nintendo first party (which came only every so often). Even then some of those first party titles were meh. F-Zero is fucking god tier but Battalion Wars is meh. Windwaker is one of the best zeldas but Twilight Princess is kinda played out.
>>
>a review show will never smash up consoles to see which is more durable again

FYI the game cube won with ps2 in second place and the xbox broke the first time they dropped it
>>
Because it could take the most abuse

You'd think the 2 beefy black boxes would be tougher than a purple little lunchbox.

>>337075720
While the gamecube won, the PS2 was eliminated first.
>>
File: 1462487818135.jpg (184 KB, 460x676) Image search: [Google]
1462487818135.jpg
184 KB, 460x676
>>337075341
>when g4 was about vidya
>>
>>337075341

I sometimes with the whole series would get uploaded to netflix around with the episodes when it was still called extended play.
>>
>Today's schedule
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
X-Play
Cops
Cops
Cops
Human wrecking ball
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
X-Play
And more cops...
>>
>>337075794

The original Xbox was sturdy but if you dropped it from a distance it wouldn't matter because it's own weight would destroy it. It was much, much heavier than the other two consoles.
>>
>>337076086

Don't forget cheaters.
>>
>>337075610

F-Zero
Gotcha Force
Mario Sunshine
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil 4

Yes, I'm aware that the last two games got ported eventually but the extra costumes, OP weaponry, and short Ada segments did not make up for the blow to graphics/performance in RE4 and the PS2 port of Symphonia was jap onry.
>>
>>337076086

It was one of the most disgusting cases of network decay matched only by what happened to MTV and TLC.
>>
>>337074374
Because the controller was shit and the games were mostly shit. Any multiplat games were fucking terrible on gamecube with very few exceptions.
>>
>>337076086
God...I will never forget the slow horror of watching G4 die before my very eyes.
>>
>>337076389
>BUT LE GRAFIX!
It's always great to see you Nintendrones backpedal depending on what generation you're arguing about
>>
>>337076512

They started trying to pull in a more mainstream audience like everyone else and it tanked them. You could watch all the shit they were whoring out on local television or other cable networks.
>>
>Sessler constantly shitting on jrpgs
Good times
>>
>>337076086
>We want the dudebro/normalfag audience even though there are NEW episodes of cops and cheaters that can be found on different networks.

Fucking executive morons.
>>
>>337075720
I thought the PS2 broke first, the XBoxHUEG second, and the Cube still worked.
>>
>>337076848
One of the people who worked there was answering some questions a while back and someone mentioned the non-stop Cops and Cheaters shows and the guy said those shows were what was keeping the channel alive.
Apparently people like watching shit.
>>
>>337077102
>One of the people who worked there was answering some questions a while back
Yeah it was Adam Sessler on Kevin Perrera's podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_vhnBx10Q
>>
>>337075027
>I mean for real though, the Gamecube didn't have that many good games...

Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Baten Kaitos
F-Zero GX
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
TLOZ: The Wind Waker
TLOZ: Four Swords Adventures
REmake
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Zero
Eternal Darkness: Sanity Requiem
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Paper Mario: TTYD
Tales of Symphonia
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Geist
>>
>>337077851
Star Wars Rouge leader rouge squadron 2 and 3
>>
>>337075610
Paper Mario: TTYD
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Moneky Ball (and sequels)
Metroid Prime 1 @nd 2
Pikmin 1 and 2
A Fire Emblem or two.
F-Zero GX
Batallion Wars
Star Fox Adventures
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess (if you want to count it)
Wave Race
Eternal Darkness
1080 Avalanche
Baten Kaitos, both games.
Rogue Leader/Rebel Strike
Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2
The best version of Soul Calibur 2
REmake
Resident Evil 0
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Super Smash Bros Melee
WarioWorld
PSO EP 1+2
PSO EP 3
Mario Party (all of them on Gamecube)
Star Fox Assault
Luigi's Mansion
Billy Hatcher
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mario Kart Double Dash

Seriously, could there be a more objectively wrong opinion? There's literally something for everyone in that list.
>>
>>337078334
>The best version of Soul Calibur 2
Nah, the one without a retarded controller was the best. But I'm sure you had fun playing as your bishie fuccboi
>>
>>337077851
>>337078334
Am I blind or did both of you actually miss Custom Robo?
>>
File: 1456681496592.jpg (1 MB, 1600x3500) Image search: [Google]
1456681496592.jpg
1 MB, 1600x3500
>>
>>337074374
If i recall they rather enjoyed the gamecube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL9ucz6LmjE
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.